Famous Quotes About Payments
Browse 36 famous quotes and sayings about Payments.
Top Quotes About Payments
1. "Easy payments, easy lease, easy approval. Debt is very EASY to get into, but makes it HARD to live victoriously."
Author: Bradley Vinson
2. "Thirty- eight years old and he was finished. He sipped at the coffee and remembered where he had gone wrong -- or right. He'd simply gotten tired -- of the insurance game, of the small offices and high glass partitions, the clients; he'd simply gotten tired of cheating on his wife, of squeezing secretaries in the elevator and in the halls;he'd gotten tired of Christmas parties and New Year's parties and birthdays, and payments on new cars and furniture payments -- light, gas, water -- the whole bleeding complex of necessities.He'd gotten tired and quit, that's all. The divorce came soon enough and the drinking came soon enough, and suddenly he was out of it. He had nothing, and he found out that having nothing was difficult too. It was another type of burden. If only there were some gentler road in between. It seemed a man only had two choices -- get in on the hustle or be a bum."
Author: Charles Bukowski
3. "California has legislatively barred alimony payments to a dependent spouse who has attempted to murder the supporting spouse. Cal. Fam. Code § 4324."
Author: D. Kelly Weisberg
4. "If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments."
Author: Earl Wilson
5. "When you're nearing 35, going, 'Hey Dad, I can't make these payments,' just isn't cool."
Author: Eleanor Mondale
6. "Of the little less than a million eligibles roaming around, 5 percent don't know their sign and don't even care. Another 5 percent are tied to their mothers by a food fixation. That leaves only 20 percent who are searching for a girl who will pick up their clothes, run their baths, burn her fingers shelling their three-minute eggs, run their errands, bear them a child every year, look like a fashion model, tend their needs when they are sick, and hold down a full-time job outside the home to make payments on their boat."
Author: Erma Bombeck
7. "People don't walk away from their homes unless they can't make the payments. That's an indication that we are in a recession."
Author: Eugene Fama
8. "Don't forget what I discovered that over ninety percent of all national deficits from 1921 to 1939 were caused by payments for past, present, and future wars."
Author: Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. "Adults are locked into car payments and divorces and work. They haven't got time to think fresh."
Author: Gary Paulsen
10. "The U.S. has a so-called health care system that has nothing to do with the promotion of health. Those who run this system do not care about your health, and it's far from being a system. It's a fragmented patchwork of procedure-oriented services that are meshed in a voluminous trail of paper payments, with little relevance to community-based needs. This misdirected, disease-managed non-care system of symptom suppression demands more and more treatment at higher and higher costs. If they cared at all, you'd be treated like a human, not like a number resembling, quite frankly, the ear tags on a cattle herd."
Author: Gary Tunsky
11. "Now I am a writer who can command fairly good payments from magazines with large circulations, I very often refuse to write for them and still write sometimes for small magazines for nothing."
Author: George Woodcock
12. "Credit card interest payments are the dumbest money of all."
Author: Hill Harper
13. "Choose us. Choose life. Choose mortgage payments; choose washing machines; choose cars; choose sitting oan a couch watching mind-numbing and spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fuckin junk food intae yir mooth. Choose rotting away, pishing and shiteing yersel in a home, a total fuckin embarrassment tae the selfish, fucked-up brats ye've produced. Choose life."
Author: Irvine Welsh
14. "I can no longer take war or promotion or big income or a large house seriously. I reject empire and Vietnam and placing a man on the moon. I deny time payments and looking like the girl next door and church weddings and a great deal more. If you want to blame such rejection on grass, you can do so. I charge it to awakening."
Author: James A. Michener
15. "The payments which have been made into the Treasury show the very productive state of the public revenue."
Author: James Monroe
16. "Our idea with starting Stripe was to build better payments technology for people building things on the web."
Author: John Collison
17. "With PayPal, you have to send people over to their website... whereas with Stripe, we offer a way to integrate payments into the website, on the website or into a mobile app. That is what all the best businesses care about, so we make it very easy, very fast, very simple and very cheap to do this."
Author: John Collison
18. "My father was unemployed and I was the eldest of seven children. We were very poor. And when you ask how did we support ourselves, the only funding that we had was unemployment payments."
Author: John Hume
19. "Here are the top three warning signs [you're at risk of foreclosure]:* You used to think nobody cared when your phone rarely rang. Then you missed a couple of house payments.* You're glad gas prices have fallen so you can afford it if you have to move into your car.* You're ready to say, "Let's make a deal" and trade your upside-down house for whatever's behind Door #3."
Author: Kathryn Alesandrini
20. "We have FCC, abandoned alimony payments, assault and battery, Homeland Security escalation, and that's before we invite the IRS to take a walk on your wild side."
Author: Ken Goldstein
21. "Homeowners who refinanced their mortgages took out cash and reduced their monthly payments at the same time. Much of the cash obtained by refinancing was spent on consumer durables, home improvements and the like."
Author: Martin Feldstein
22. "We'd hoped vaguely to fall in love but hadn't worried much about it, because we'd thought we had all the time in the world. Love had seemed so final and so dull -- love was what ruined our parents. Love had delivered them to a life of mortgage payments and householdrepairs; to unglamorous jobs and the flourescent aisles of a supermarket at two in the afternoon. We'd hoped for love of a different kind, love that knew and forgave our human frailty but did not miniaturize our grander ideas of ourselves. It sounded possible. If we didn't rush or grab, if we didn't panic, a love both challenging and nurturing might appear. If the person was imaginable, then the person could exist."
Author: Michael Cunningham
23. "What are you running from?"That put a damper on the fluttering lashes. "Columbia House Music Club," I said, recovering my snarkiness quickly. "Oh, sure, they say they'll sell you six CDs for a penny, but they'll hunt you down like the hounds of hell if you miss the payments."
Author: Molly Harper
24. "Stripe makes it easy for anyone, be it an individual or a small business or a large business, to accept credit card payments on the Internet. We want to give control to the user or the business to define what the experience looks like. We work on a website or a mobile app, or whatever between that."
Author: Patrick Collison
25. "Zombies are like credit card payments. If you keep getting rid of the minimum amount, you'll never win."
Author: Peter Clines
26. "The streets and alleys of the ward were notoriously filthy, and the contractors habitually neglected them, not failing, however, to draw their regular payments from the city treasury."
Author: Ray Stannard Baker
27. "So if the euro, if Euroland is to become a reserve center, if the euro is to become a reserve currency, Euroland will have to have a deficit in its overall balance of payments."
Author: Robert C. Solomon
28. "More than ever before, Americans are suffering from back problems: back taxes, back rent, back auto payments."
Author: Robert Orben
29. "Do I want to see people take their Social Security payments and put them into private accounts, open up an eTrade account and go into the stock market? Absolutely not."
Author: Sean Duffy
30. "Screw reality. It don't feed my dog. It don't make my Porsche payments. It don't get me laid. Bullshit does that…and I like it that way. (Leo)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
31. "Divorced men are more likely to meet their car payments than their child support obligations."
Author: Susan Faludi
32. "The coach passed by many buildings of this sort, which would no doubt be little palaces to the occupants, who had escaped from Cockbill Street and Pigsty Hill and all the other neighbourhoods where people still dreamed that they could ‘better themselves', an achievement that might be attained, oh happy day, when they had ‘a little place of their own'. It was an inspiring dream, if you didn't look too deeply into words like mortgage and repayments and repossession and bankruptcy, and the lower middle classes of Ankh-Morpork, who saw themselves as being trodden on by the class above and illegally robbed by the one below, lined up with borrowed money to purchase, by instalments, their own little Oi Dong"
Author: Terry Pratchett
33. "Look, America is no more a democracy than Russia is a Communist state. The governments of the U.S. and Russia are practically the same. There's only a difference of degree. We both have the same basic form of government: economic totalitarianism. In other words, the settlement to all questions, the solutions to all issues are determined not by what will make the people most healthy and happy in the bodies and their minds but by economics. Dollars or rubles. Economy uber alles. Let nothing interfere with economic growth, even though that growth is castrating truth, poisoning beauty, turning a continent into a shit-heap and riving an entire civilization insane. Don't spill the Coca-Cola, boys, and keep those monthly payments coming."
Author: Tom Robbins
34. "An enormous semiofficial drug-smuggling operation was established in order to improve Britain's unfavorable balance of payments with China—the direct result of the British love of tea."
Author: Tom Standage
35. "We must have the time to create strict rules so that property is not sold by Communist managers for a low price. They often get payments under the table to sell to the first bidder. This does not build public support for a market economy."
Author: Vaclav Klaus
36. "It is true that no member state can be required to make payments to others. But if countries want to offer voluntary assistance, as in the Greek case, this isn't only allowed, but it's also in Germany's interest. We all benefit by ensuring the stability of the euro zone."
Author: Wolfgang Schauble
Quotes About Payments Pictures