Famous Quotes About Perfectionist
Browse 53 famous quotes and sayings about Perfectionist.
Top Quotes About Perfectionist
1. "I'm my own worst critic and I think everyone in the band is a perfectionist."
Author: Adam Jones
2. "I don't know if I'll ever go through with it. I'm just too much of a perfectionist, I guess. I'd rather be nothing than be middle-of-the-road."She hugged me tightly. "You're not middle-of-the-road, Topher. You're fast lane, all the way. You just, you know, need to find the right car."
Author: Amelia C. Gormley
3. "I think any artist is a perfectionist by their nature."
Author: Andrea Riseborough
4. "But I think Steve's main contribution besides just the pure leadership is his passion for excellence. He's a perfectionist. Good enough isn't good enough. And also his creative spirit. You know he really, really wants to do something great."
Author: Andy Hertzfeld
5. "...there is still a kind of unique loneliness to child rearing for women. We so often do it in isolation. Add to the fact that in our competitive, perfectionist culture, in which the price woman are required to pay for freedom still seems to be martyrdom, almost everyone lies about motherhood. Part of that lying is loyalty - I can't let on that my kid is the only one on the playground who can't read or play the piano - and part of it is self-protection, since we've made hyper-motherhood a measure of female success. The preferred answer to the question "How are you?" is always "Fine," and the answer to the question "How are the kids?" is supposed to be "Great!" That's true even if the accurate answers would be "terrible" and "a mess." I think it produces its own kind of desperation, especially for women, who yearn to be emotionally open."
Author: Anna Quindlen
6. "I've been called many names like perfectionist, difficult and obsessive. I think it takes obsession, takes searching for the details for any artist to be good."
Author: Barbra Streisand
7. "I am they type of person that once I make a decision, I must execute. Maybe I am a perfectionist in this way."
Author: Brad Dourif
8. "I'm like a recovering perfectionist. For me it's one day at a time."
Author: Brene Brown
9. "Every time, all the time, I'm a perfectionist. I feel I should never lose."
Author: Chris Evert
10. "I am not a perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done well. More important than that, I feel an endless need to learn, to improve, to evolve, not only to please the coach and the fans, but also to feel satisfied with myself. It is my conviction that here are no limits to learning, and that it can never stop, no matter what our age."
Author: Cristiano Ronaldo
11. "If your ratings are high and there's money being made, you're allowed to be a perfectionist in television."
Author: Dan Harmon
12. "When Stephen talked about stalking chamois his whole expression changed. The features became more aquiline, the nose sharpened, the chin narrowed, and his eyes-steel blue - somehow took on the cold brilliance of a northern sky. I am being very frank about my husband. He attracted me at those times, and he repelled me too. This man, I told myself when I first met him, is a perfectionist. And he has no compassion. Gratified like all women who find themselves sought after and desired - a mutual love for Sibelius had been our common ground at our first encounter - after a few weeks in his company I shut my eyes to further judgment, because being with him gave me pleasure. It flattered my self-esteem. The perfectionist, admired by other women, now sought me. Marriage was in every sense a coup. It was only afterwards that I knew myself deceived. ("The Chamois")"
Author: Daphne Du Maurier
13. "Jazz stands for freedom. It's supposed to be the voice of freedom: Get out there and improvise, and take chances, and don't be a perfectionist - leave that to the classical musicians."
Author: Dave Brubeck
14. "Perfection' is man's ultimate illusion. It simply doesn't exist in the universe.... If you are a perfectionist, you are guaranteed to be a loser in whatever you do."
Author: David D. Burns
15. "Workaholics don't actually accomplish more than nonworkaholics. They may claim to be perfectionists, but that just mean they're wasting time fixating on inconsequential details instead of moving on to the next task."
Author: David Heinemeier Hansson
16. "I'm not a perfectionist at all. I find perfectionists boring because the real creative heart is in the mess somewhere."
Author: David Morrissey
17. "I was made to be a perfectionist at everything I did. Everything was more important than what I wanted."
Author: Dennis Quaid
18. "Lucy is such a perfectionist."
Author: Desi Arnaz
19. "Tilly was downcast; as with all perfectionists, it was the detail others might not notice that destroyed for her the pleasure of achievement."
Author: Elspeth Huxley
20. "I'm astounded whenever I finish something. Astounded and distressed. My perfectionist instinct should inhibit me from finishing: it should inhibit me from even beginning. But I get distracted and start doing something. What I achieve is not the product of an act of my will but of my will's surrender. I begin because I don't have the strength to think; I finish because I don't have the courage to quit. This book is my cowardice."
Author: Fernando Pessoa
21. "I was something that is always hated in Hollywood - a perfectionist; nobody likes a perfectionist, you know."
Author: Fritz Lang
22. "I think every chef, not just in America, but across the world, has a double-edged sword - two jackets, one that's driven, a self-confessed perfectionist, thoroughbred, hate incompetence and switch off the stove, take off the jacket and become a family man."
Author: Gordon Ramsay
23. "Ah suppose man, ah'm too much ay a perfectionist, ken? It's likesay, if things go a bit dodgy, ah jist cannae be bothered, y'know."
Author: Irvine Welsh
24. "Perfectionists are their own devils."
Author: Jack Kirby
25. "Holding myself to perfectionistic standards, I used to think I had to become lifelong friends with everyone who entered my life. This was exhausting, and I now know it's not true. I believe the old saying that people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime." (127)"
Author: Jenni Schaefer
26. "I'm a perfectionist. I can't help it, I get really upset with myself if I fail in the least."
Author: Justin Timberlake
27. "As a dancer, it's hard because there's such a perfectionist quality that you really have to let go of while you're acting, because nobody wants to a watch a perfect person on screen."
Author: Kathryn McCormick
28. "Be a perfectionist."
Author: Ken Follett
29. "But what's so great about being a perfectionist?... You do all this work, and then the stuff you've made just pisses you off."
Author: Lionel Shriver
30. "Overwhelmed? Delegate. For perfectionists of the world, this is often a challenge. While you may think only you can do it best, you are denying someone else an opportunity to learn when you do everything yourself. Being the bottleneck serves no one, including you."
Author: Lisa A. Mininni
31. "Whatever I have to do here, I'm ready for it. Work hard, do my homework, get an A, get back home to Bob and the kids, and back to work. Back to normal. I'm determined to recover 100 percent. One hundred percent has always been my goal in everything, unless extra credit is involved, and then I shoot higher. Thank God I'm a competitive, type A perfectionist. I'm convinced I'm going to be the best traumatic brain injury patient Baldwin has ever seen. But they won't be seeing me for very long because I also plan to recover faster than anyone here would predict. I wonder what the record is."
Author: Lisa Genova
32. "If you have a perfectionist streak - and who doesn't? - running can kill the perfectionist inside you."
Author: Lucy Alibar
33. "We were women in transition, raised in one era and coming of age in another, very different time...here we were, entering the workplace in the 1960s questioning--and often rejecting--many of the values we had been taught. We were the polite, perfectionist "good girls," who never showed our drive or our desires around men. Now we were becoming mad women, discovering and confronting our own ambitions, a quality praised in men but stigmatized--still--in women."
Author: Lynn Povich
34. "Jesus tells us: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself' (Mk 12:31). How can we love our neighbor if we can't or won't love ourselves, at least a little? When we hold ourselves to unrealistic standards, that perfectionist attitude can't help but trickle down. It becomes harder to have compassion for others if we have no compassion for ourselves."
Author: Mary DeTurris Poust
35. "I'm a driven perfectionist, very self-critical."
Author: Marya Hornbacher
36. "I like pushing myself, and usually if I'm not good at something I just won't do it because I'm a perfectionist."
Author: Matthew Morrison
37. "I live to collect information, and I am also a perfectionist."
Author: Meghan O'Rourke
38. "Man is flawed; universe is imperfect; the functioning of the cosmos is defective! Everything seems to be severely punished by the imperfection! May be the real challenge of men is to correct all these flaws! It is possible to think that God is an evolutionary perfectionist! He creates things as unimportant and faulty; then let them all alone and fateless to evolve to perfection!"
Author: Mehmet Murat Ildan
39. "If you are a real perfectionist, you can't finish any job! We, the mortals, we don't have enough time to be perfectionist! Perfectionism is the art of immortals!"
Author: Mehmet Murat Ildan
40. "I'm never pleased with anything, I'm a perfectionist, it's part of who I am."
Author: Michael Jackson
41. "I am a perfectionist but I know how to live life. When I'm working, it's 100%. When I'm with my friends, I put everything away and enjoy life. When I come home to my kids, it's pure joy and everything's worth it. Every time, I really focus 100 percent on one thing. I've learned how to juggle my life and I feel like now I have the perfect balance."
Author: Monique Lhuillier
42. "If you have things and if you are a perfectionist, which I am, you have to really tend to them, and it takes energy away from other things."
Author: Nicolas Berggruen
43. "Olive Ann describes Sanna as 'a perfectionist and a worrier.' She is obsessed with the idea of finding happiness, and for her, as Olive ann wrote in her notes for the novel, 'happiness means being first with somebody, having perfect, loving children...The theme of Sanna is disillusionment,' Olive Ann wrote. 'Her life is the pursuit of happiness and perfection, but she finds happiness and perfection impossible to obtain-her idea of happiness is constant joy, no changes."
Author: Olive Ann Burns
44. "I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'll watch myself back on 'Xtra Factor' and want to do it again because of a few hiccups."
Author: Olly Murs
45. "A diva is someone who is a perfectionist, who does her best in her craft."
Author: Patti LaBelle
46. "People tell me being a perfectionist is a fault, but I find that's what drives me."
Author: Paula Garces
47. "I'm a textbook definition of that perfectionist girl who has huge expectations of herself."
Author: Rachel Zoe
48. "For me, Fitzgerald was one of the great American writers of the last century; a wordsmith, a storyteller, a perfectionist."
Author: Robert Littell
49. "I stress out a lot. Being a perfectionist doesn't help with that!"
Author: Ryan Newman
50. "The real world doesn't reward perfectionists. It rewards people who get things done."
Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour
Quotes About Perfectionist Pictures