Famous Quotes About Personal Demons
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Personal Demons.
Top Quotes About Personal Demons
1. "The story of Willie Stark fascinated me because it was tackling the story of a man who outwardly has all the success one could possibly want and who is destroyed by his personal demons."
Author: Carlisle Floyd
2. "No killing," Jordan said. "We're trying to make you feel peaceful, so you don't go up in flames. Blood, killing, war, those are all non-peaceful things. Isn't there anything else you like? Rainforests? Chirping birds?""Weapons," said Jace. "I like weapons.""I'm starting to think we have a problematic issue of personal philosophy here."Jace leaned forward, his palms flat on the ground. "I'm a warrior," he said. "I was brought up as a warrior. I didn't have toys, I had weapons. I slept with a wooden sword until I was five. My first books were medieval demonologies with illuminated pages. The first songs I learned were chants to banish demons. I know what brings me peace, and it isn't sandy beaches or chirping birds in rainforests. I want a weapon in my hand and a strategy to win."Jordan looked at him levelly. "So you're saying that what brings you peace... is war.""Now you get it."
Author: Cassandra Clare
3. "Dear Human:You've got it all wrong.You didn't come here to master unconditional love. This is where you came from and where you'll return.You came here to learn personal love.Universal love.Messy love.Sweaty Love.Crazy love.Broken love.Whole love.Infused with divinity.Lived through the grace of stumbling.Demonstrated through the beauty of... messing up.Often.You didn't come here to be perfect, you already are.You came here to be gorgeously human. Flawed and fabulous.And rising again into remembering.But unconditional love? Stop telling that story.Love in truth doesn't need any adjectives.It doesn't require modifiers.It doesn't require the condition of perfection.It only asks you to show up.And do your best.That you stay present and feel fully.That you shine and fly and laugh and cry and hurt and heal and fall and get back up and play and work and live and die as YOU.Its enough.It's Plenty."
Author: Courtney A. Walsh
4. "Lucien: And Flowers--but only Anya can call me that.William: Fine. I'll call you Roses.Lucien: You won't. William: I will. Zodiac sign, Roses?Lucien: First, how does my woman stand you? Second, I don't think I have a sign. I was created rather than born, and I am unsure of the day, much less the month. William: I'll just mark your sign as "Roses". Choice of weapon, Roses?Lucien: You are a bastard. But I like knives. I like to get up close and personal with my kills. Care for a demonstration?William: Later. What are you looking for in a woman, Roses?Lucien: Why don't I just call you Moron? Anya does....."
Author: Gena Showalter
5. "I personally developed the Academy training program. All our training is based on solid educational principles. We present the material in four training formats: lecture, demonstration, drill, and implementation."
Author: Jim Evans
6. "Okay, I'd had a variety of Rock Chick chinwags where the girls let it all hang out about their guys and how they communicated in Asshole, but I'd never experienced it personally. And Ren had just demonstrated he was fluent in Asshole. It must be said, I didn't like it much."
Author: Kristen Ashley
7. "Oh, for the sin of Satan." (Luc Cain, Personal Demons)"
Author: Lisa Desrochers
8. "Look at Picasso. O'Neill. Tennessee Williams. Capote. Were these shiny happy people spreading sunshine? No. Only the greatest of personal demons can force you to do powerful work."
Author: Marisha Pessl
9. "Welcome back to Personal Demons." Megan said into the microphone. "Our next caller is Regina. Hi, Regina, how can I slay your personal demons?"The words tasted like shame."
Author: Stacia Kane
10. "The Id and the Superego are more scientific ways of considering the Devil and God, or your personal angels and demons. Science has turned the relationship between God, the Devil and you into a viewpoint for all to understand without the framework of religious belief to sidetrack the layperson into another realm of thinking."
Author: Stephen Biro
11. "Music, I think, is best when it honestly explores personal demons, and it stirs around in the silt of the psyche to find out what's really there."
Author: Tom Morello
12. "I do try to separate my personal activism - showing up at a demonstration or something - from what I write."
Author: Ursula K. Le Guin
13. "Then he asked my age and I asked his. That's the tradition in China. If we know each other's ages we can understand each other's past. We Chinese have been collective for so long, personal histories are not worth mentioning. Therefore as soon as Xiaolin and I knew how old the other was, we knew exactly what big shit had happened in our lives. The introduction of the One Child Policy shortly before out births, for instance and the fact that, in 1985, two pandas were sent to the USA as a national gift and we had to sing a tearful panda song at school. 1989 was the Tiananmen Square student demonstration. Anyway, Xiaolin was one year younger than me, so I assumed we were from the same generation."
Author: Xiaolu Guo
Quotes About Personal Demons Pictures