Famous Quotes About Phenomenal
Browse 83 famous quotes and sayings about Phenomenal.
Top Quotes About Phenomenal
1. "Sally Field looks amazing in general, never mind her age! She's a phenomenally talented actress and has had a career spanning so many decades."
Author: Alison Sweeney
2. "Working with and collaborating with and for Peter Jackson was an incredible experience because he is such a phenomenal filmmaker."
Author: Andy Serkis
3. "All artists, they say, are a little mad. This madness is, to a certain extent, a self-created myth designed to keep the generality away from the phenomenally close-knit creative community. Yet, in the world of the artists, the consciously eccentric are always respectful and admiring if those who have the courage to be genuinely a little mad."
Author: Angela Carter
4. "I lay in bed and watched moments break into phenomenal particles of panic and could actually see the divine crack of God's ass as he completely turned his back on me."
Author: Arthur Nersesian
5. "And there was never a better time to delve for pleasure in language than the sixteenth century, when novelty blew through English like a spring breeze. Some twelve thousand words, a phenomenal number, entered the language between 1500 and 1650, about half of them still in use today, and old words were employed in ways not tried before. Nouns became verbs and adverbs; adverbs became adjectives. Expressions that could not have grammatically existed before - such as 'breathing one's last' and 'backing a horse', both coined by Shakespeare - were suddenly popping up everywhere."
Author: Bill Bryson
6. "I've seen that phenomenally successful people believe they can learn something from everybody. I call them 'mavericks with mentors.' Richard Branson, for instance, is a total maverick but he surrounds himself with incredibly successful, smart people and he listens to them."
Author: Brendon Burchard
7. "Sometimes hanging out in pajamas with a good book sounded like a phenomenal idea."
Author: Chloe Neill
8. "There are five levels of the douche hierarchy: douche, douche bag, douche canoe, douche nozzle and right at the top, the king of it all, when the douche is displaying phenomenal amounts of doucheness, is a douche rocket. It's when someone is such a douche, like the KING of douches, they can no longer be described as a douche nozzle, they are ALL the levels of douchery put together, and douche rocked is used."
Author: Christine Zolendz
9. "There are so many artists that are dyslexic or learning disabled, it's just phenomenal. There's also an unbelievably high proportion of artists who are left-handed, and a high correlation between left-handedness and learning disabilities."
Author: Chuck Close
10. "If I wasn't so phenomenal. I would go back to you."
Author: Coco J. Ginger
11. "I think that 'The Shield' was a phenomenal series finale."
Author: Damon Lindelof
12. "The making of 'Naked' was an absolutely phenomenal, mind-bending experience. That film was life-changing and put my career onto a whole different level."
Author: David Thewlis
13. "A doctor, a logician and a marine biologist had also just arrived, flown in at phenomenal expense from Maximegalon to try to reason with the lead singer who had locked himself in the bathroom with a bottle of pills and was refusing to come out till it could be proved conclusively to him that he wasn't a fish. The bass player was busy machine-gunning his bedroom and the drummer was nowhere on board.Frantic inquiries led to the discovery that he was standing on a beach on Santraginus V over a hundred light years away where, he claimed, he had been happy for over half an hour now and had found a small stone that would be his friend."
Author: Douglas Adams
14. "We're phenomenally blessed in the Walla Walla Valley. We have great, complex soil that's nutrient-rich but fairly porous."
Author: Drew Bledsoe
15. "Most phenomenal startup teams create businesses that ultimately fail. Why? They built something that nobody wanted."
Author: Eric Ries
16. "In the end, it takes phenomenal neatness of housekeeping to put it through the heads of men that they are swine."
Author: Eudora Welty
17. "Gentlemen, let us suppose that man is not stupid. (Indeed one cannot refuse to suppose that, if only from the one consideration, that, if man is stupid, then who is wise?) But if he is not stupid, he is monstrously ungrateful! Phenomenally ungrateful. In fact, I believe that the best definition of man is the ungrateful biped."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
18. "Owing to ignorance of the rope the rope appears to be a snake; owing to ignorance of the Self the transient state arises of the individualized, limited, phenomenal aspect of the Self."
Author: Guru Nanak
19. "The schematicism by which our understanding deals with the phenomenal world ... is a skill so deeply hidden in the human soul that we shall hardly guess the secret trick that Nature here employs."
Author: Immanuel Kant
20. "People really love 'Madea' movies and get a kick out of them. They're phenomenally successful. People get excited when a new one's coming out."
Author: Isaiah Mustafa
21. "Look at someone like Edward Norton. A truly phenomenal actor. He's definitely went to school and trained."
Author: Jason Statham
22. "Cary Benjamin sleeps dreamily on my stomach as we're both bonding and recuperating. He's phenomenal."
Author: Jennifer Grant
23. "Classics can be phenomenal when done right. A simple roast chicken dish could be the best thing you ever eat."
Author: Joe Bastianich
24. "And I think Americans are phenomenal people."
Author: Joe Miller
25. "In one of the Upanishads it says, when the glow of a sunset holds you and you say 'Aha,' that is the recognition of the divinity. And when you say 'Aha' to an art object, that is a recognition of divinity. And what divinity is it? It is your divinity, which is the only divinity there is. We are all phenomenal manifestations of a divine will to live, and that will and the consciousness of life is one in all of us, and that is what artwork expresses."
Author: Joseph Campbell
26. "You're hair was softer than I expected it to be, more beautiful when it's down than I expected it to be. You're sweeter than I expected you to be, funnier, more loyal and I expected all that to be phenomenal so, I gotta tell you, baby, it pleases me no fuckin' end to learn the reality is off-the-charts. Better than that, when you get pissed, I gotta fight against goin' hard. When you smile, I gotta fight against goin' hard. And when you look deep into my eyes and see whatever the fuck you see and I know how much you like it because it's written all over your face, I gotta fight against goin' hard. But even with the promise of that, finally havin' you is another reality that's off-the-charts."
Author: Kristen Ashley
27. "Apparently women are phenomenal creature, but to be contented with ones own beauty is a risk only few can take."
Author: Lawrence Okafor
28. "In some ways Lester Young is the most complex rhythmically of any musician. He does some things which are just phenomenal."
Author: Lee Konitz
29. "I think woman is phenomenal, magnificent. I mean that sincerely."
Author: Luke Goss
30. "The Indian economy grew at 5.5 percent, but if you look at the last 30 years - for example, 1960 to 1985 - the progress made by East Asian countries was phenomenal. In a single generation they had been able to transform the character of their economy. They were able to get rid of chronic poverty."
Author: Manmohan Singh
31. "DestinyThe chicken I bought last night,Frozen,Returned to life,Laid the biggest egg in the world,And was awarded the Nobel Prize.The phenomenal eggWas passed from hand to hand,In a few weeks had gone all round the earth,And round the sunIn 365 days.The hen received who knows how much hard currency,Assessed in buckets of grainWhich she couldn't manage to eatBecause she was invited everywhere,Gave lectures, granted interviews,Was photographed.Very often reporters insistedThat I too should poseBeside her.And so, having served artThroughout my life,All of a sudden I've attained to fameAs a poultry breeder."
Author: Marin Sorescu
32. "Body', 'soul', and 'spirit' may designate phenomenal domains which can be detached as themes for definite investigations; within certain limits their ontological indefiniteness may not be important. When, however, we come to the question of man's Being, this is not something we can simply compute by adding together those kinds of Being which body, soul, and spirit respectively possess--kinds of being whose nature has not as yet been determined. And even if we should attempt such an ontological procedure, some idea of the Being of the whole must be presupposed."
Author: Martin Heidegger
33. "It's phenomenally important to me that, if I'm going to be spending years on a project, I need to be interested in the whole thing. I'm not there to be on my own. And if I'm going to be with these people, I'd best be interested in their work."
Author: Mary McDonnell
34. "I have had five phenomenal children, a great husband and, even though we are separated, we are good friends."
Author: Maureen Forrester
35. "Perhaps, once I am gone, the one thing I might be remembered for is having sung a great deal of Mahler with a great many phenomenal conductors. It is wonderful music, very spiritual."
Author: Maureen Forrester
36. "I am a WomanPhenomenally.Phenomenal Woman,that's me."
Author: Maya Angelou
37. "It's the fire in my eyes, And the flash of my teeth, The swing in my waist, And the joy in my feet. I'm a woman Phenomenally."
Author: Maya Angelou
38. "You know, kids text a lot today. It's phenomenal."
Author: Mike DeWine
39. "Dance is certainly a sport, and they are phenomenal athletes, and they're also artists."
Author: Neve Campbell
40. "I have a phenomenal team behind me who have helped get me here and I, along with them, will now put everything we can into the final few weeks of preparations before the Olympic Games, where I am aiming to race well, work well through the rounds, post good times and maybe even a personal best time on the biggest stage of them all."
Author: Oscar Pistorius
41. "The deeper the Self-realization of a man, the more he influences the whole universe by his subtle spiritual vibrations, and the less he himself is affected by the phenomenal flux."
Author: Paramahansa Yogananda
42. "...When the bespangled Miss Charisse wraps her phenomenal legs around [Fred] Astaire, she can be forgiven everything—even the fact that she reads her lines as if she learned them phonetically."
Author: Pauline Kael
43. "In spite of the phenomenal growth of the Internet and mobile devices, I still believe television will continue to be an incredibly important medium for the Church. After all, over the last century, radio never killed movies, and TV never killed radio. Everything finds its level in the media universe."
Author: Phil Cooke
44. "Where destruction is the motive, unity is dangerous. For example, if I have evil intent and I galvanize that evil intent with many others, the capacity to destroy is immense. Where goodness is the motive, unity is phenomenal and actually has some good issues to it."
Author: Ravi Zacharias
45. "I mean everyone, from Al Pacino to Murphy Guyer, are phenomenal actors."
Author: Richard Schiff
46. "It takes quite a spine to turn the other cheek. It takes phenomenal fortitude to love your enemy. It takes firm resolve to pray for those who persecute you. (with reference to Matthew 5)"
Author: Rob Bell
47. "Nothing defines humans better than their willingness to do irrational things in the pursuit of phenomenally unlikely payoffs. This is the principle behind lotteries, dating, and religion."
Author: Scott Adams
48. "There's a lot of pointing. A festival of pointing and at very close range to other people's eyes, given the width of the space. Also detracting from the exhibit's potential tranquility is the display cabinet of pinned specimens along one wall. I found this disturbing from the start. You don't see a whole lot of stuffed polar bears in the polar bear exhibit at the zoo, for instance. And butterflies have phenomenal vision so it's not like they can't see the mass crucifixion in their midst. I was offended on behalf of the butterflies and thus pleased with my offense. Let the empathizing begin! This volunteering thing was working already. I am a good person, hear me give!"
Author: Sloane Crosley
49. "I no longer blame Thing Woman or myself quite so much for N´s leaving us. I look at him sometimes for an unguarded moment and see a tall, crooked man with yellowing teeth and a leer. I see new N. Bad N. Vulnerable to anyone with a vagina. I also see Good N, just a glimpse, here and there. And Noncommittal N, an extra in his own life, just hitting his marks and looking well pressed. He´s become a whole group of people, a cache of ghosts tugging at my sleeve.Good N was phenomenal."
Author: Suzanne Finnamore
50. "We've gotta give Richard Williams a lot of credit - to give us two number one champions is a phenomenal feat."
Author: Tracy Austin
Quotes About Phenomenal Pictures