Famous Quotes About Phillips
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Phillips.
Top Quotes About Phillips
1. "I remember we woke up one morning at Denny's house and John Phillips called. He said, you guys okay? We said, yeah, what's wrong, what's going on? He said, well, everybody's dead over at Sharon's house at Terry Melcher's place."
Author: Barry McGuire
2. "[...] Howard Phillips Lovecraft of Providence, Rhode Island, for cultivating a florid and overblown prose style that covered the entire spectrum from purple to ultraviolet and took sixteen volumes of interminable epistles to get to the point [...]"
Author: Charles Stross
3. "God has brought a very wise Japanese lady into my life who lives in Calif. We've never met, but she has shared a tremendous amount of wisdom with me concerning unconditional love within relationships. Here is one of the things she said to me this evening when we were discussing "Soul Mates.""Soul mates aren't perfect people. They can come into your life and provide polar emotional experiences from intense love to intense pain. Growth comes from both. And a soul mate helps you grow. It isn't just "...and they lived happily ever after" but "...and they lived!" ~ From my mentor ~ Lori Chidori Phillips"
Author: Dianne Rosena Jones
4. "I had brought up from Chile a contract agent whose cover was that of a newspaper publisher in Santiago, a young, very talented man, named Dave Phillips, who later on carved quite a career for himself in the agency."
Author: E. Howard Hunt
5. "For my part, I am determined never to speak of it again to anybody. I told my sister Phillips so the other day."
Author: Jane Austen
6. "No matter how perfect our circumstances, most of us, as Adam Phillips observed, "learn to live somewhere between the lives we have and the lives we would like." The hard part is to make peace with that misty zone and to recognize that no life—no life worth living anyway—is free of constraints."
Author: Jennifer Senior
7. "Howard Phillips of the Constitution Party asked me to consider seriously running for president in 2008 and I am doing so."
Author: Jerome Corsi
8. "Do you recall telling Dr. Phillips during your appointment on February second of last year that you needed to be tested for sexually transmitted diseases because—let me make sure I get this correct here . . ." Taylor read out loud from her file, "Because, quote, ‘your weasel-dick husband slept with a skanky whore stripper and the cheating bastard didn't use a rubber'?" Ms. Campbell shot up in her chair. "She actually wrote that down?" The jury tittered with amused laughter and sat up interestedly. Finally—things were starting to look a little more like Law & Order around here. "I take it that's a yes?" Taylor asked."
Author: Julie James
9. "I'm naked under this dress. Naked as a jaybird," she said pointedly and looked at the matron."Oh, my! She'll have to be broken!" Mrs. Phillips said and smiled. "Well, dear, we're the rodeo capital of Kansas. Bronco busting is our specialite." She pronounced the word in a foreign sounding way."
Author: Kathryn Lasky
10. "That said, I, Beck Phillips, take full responsibility for being stuck in m y school's pitch-black venting system with my friend Jason, behind me and a garbage bag full of angry bees in front of me."
Author: Obert Skye
11. "No individual has done more to help me pursue a career in science than my wife of forty-five years. I met Enid Cassandra Morgan during the election campaign of 1948 when she was a Sunday school teacher, a leader of the youth organizations of St. Phillips Episcopal Church, and the head of Harlem Youth for the election of Henry Wallace."
Author: Robert Fogel
12. "I refused to teach Sunday school. When Archdeacon Henry Phillips, my last rector, died, I flatly refused again to join any church or sign any church creed. From my 30th year on I have increasingly regarded the church as an institution which defended such evils as slavery, color caste, exploitation of labor and war."
Author: W.E.B. Du Bois
13. "Dear Lord," began Randy, who paused for long enough that Tristan sneaked an eye open to look at him. His saw his mother's cheek twitch with what he thought might be apprehension. "We are so grateful to be gathered here today with our family, and the family of our brother's homosexual boyfriend, and our new little goth friend who has a gay dad, whatever the heck that is all about. We'd like to say we're grateful this year for condoms, lube, and Ellen Degeneres, and for those guys on Queer Eye…"Randall Evan Phillips!" his mother shouted."
Author: Z.A. Maxfield
Quotes About Phillips Pictures