Famous Quotes About Picture Of Yourself
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Picture Of Yourself.
Top Quotes About Picture Of Yourself
1. "Ruth once told me when I went to visit her at HMP Highpoint that it is surprising how much of what you imagine to be your innate sense of self actually comes from things that aren't one's self at all: people's reactions to the blouse you wear, the respectfulness of your family, the attentiveness of your friends, their approval of the pictures in your living room, the neatness of your lawn, the way people whisper your name. It is these exhibitions of yourself, as reflected in the people whom you meet, which give you comfort and your identity. Take them away, be put in a tiny room, and called by a number, and you begin to vanish."
Author: Alexander Masters
2. "A #loveselfie isn't a picture or a status update. It's an attitude of embracing, accepting, and valuing yourself, exactly as you are in each moment. It's being one hundred percent present with yourself. Try it."
Author: Amy Leigh Mercree
3. "A novel works it's magic by putting a reader inside another person's life. The pace is as slow as life. It's as detailed as life. It requires you, the reader, to fill in an outline of words with vivid pictures drawn subconsciously from your own life, so that the story feels more personal than the sets designed by someone else and handed over via TV or movies. Literature duplicates the experience of living in a way that nothing else can, drawing you so fully into another life that you temporarily forget you have one of your own. That is why you read it, and might even sit up in bed till early dawn, throwing your whole tomorrow out of whack, simply to find out what happens to some people who, you know perfectly well, are made up. It's why you might find yourself crying, even if you aren't the crying kind."
Author: Barbara Kingsolver
4. "Oh, I can picture myself rattling along Route 66 on that thing, headphones on, singing along to ZZ Top's 'Sharp Dressed Man' or the opening line from 'Born to be Wild' by Steppenwolf - 'Get your motor running...' The trike brings out that in all of us, which is no bad thing. Forget Viagra, get yourself a trike!"
Author: Billy Connolly
5. "When you walk, you look like you're trying to disappear.your back is gonna be fucked up.why do you think change is so hard? is it because you're afraid?people might think you're pretty, but they'll never love you.you talk like you're apologizing for your own voice.speak up.grow up.find your spine, stop shrinking.there is nothing brave about keeping silent.how many times have you been in love? I can't picture it ever happening for you.you lie because it makes you feel free. this is a prison.you're always gonna think about him. you will never get him out of your system.I wish I never had to see you again.you poor thing.go to hell.you may be a nice person but you will never be a good person.no one is ever going to want to touch you.is there a vision in your head of who you want to be?you do not have the strength to become her.there is no boat big enough to keep you from drowning in the sea of yourself.go to bed, baby.you are tired from all of this nothing.sleep.rest."
Author: Caitlyn Siehl
6. "The man who never weakens when things are against him will grow stronger and stronger until all things will delight to be for him. He will finally have all the strength he may desire or need. Be always strong and you will always be stronger.Picture in your mind your own best idea of what a strong, well-developed individuality would necessarily be, and then think of yourself as becoming more and more like that picture. In this connection it is well to remember that we gradually grow into the likeness of that which we think of the most. Therefore, if you have a very clear idea of a highly developed individuality, and think a great deal of that individuality with a strong, positive desire to develop such an individuality, you will gradually and surely move towards that lofty ideal."
Author: Christian D. Larson
7. "The rain is coming down here, but ever so slightly . . . Picture if you will from the heavens above, the tears of a thousand angels falling to the trees below. Causing the leaves to be so heavily burdened down by the weight of their early morning prayers for all of those who are in need on this day ~ Then close your eyes and allow yourself to be absorbed into the sound & rhythm caused by each drop. Not merely being just a monotonic pattern of sorts, but that of a well evolved symphony within itself! Almost as if it's been carefully orchestrated to heighten our senses, so that if we could just to allow ourselves just this once, maybe then will we be able to give earnest heed to what is being spoken."
Author: Christine Upton
8. "But what I can do is paint you a picture of what you'll never see when you're with a guy who's really into you: You'll never see you staring maniacally at your phone, willing it to ring. You'll never see you ruining an evening with friends because you're calling for your messages every fifteen seconds. You'll never see you hating yourself for calling him when you know you shouldn't have. What you will see is you being treated so well that no phone antics will be necessary. You'll be too busy being adored."
Author: Greg Behrendt
9. "What's the first sign of a lurking, hidden expectation you didn't know you had? Pain! People don't do what we want, things don't happen quickly enough, the weather doesn't cooperate, our bodies don't cooperate. Why are these moments so painful? Because our minds are focused on a static, unchanging, me-centric picture while the dynamic unfolding of a broader life continues around us. There is nothing wrong with expectations per se, as it's appropriate to set goals and work, properly, towards their fruition. But the instant we feel pain over life not going "my way," our expectations have clearly taken an improper turn. Any moment you feel resistance or pain, look for -- and then let go of -- the hidden expectation. Practice giving yourself over to what "you" don't want. Let the line at the store be long. Let the other person interrupt you. Let the nervousness make you shake. Be where your body is, not where your mind is trying to take you."
Author: Guy Finley
10. "My guilty pleasures are the websites where you can look at the fashions and see how different outfits will look. You can even take a picture of yourself and download it and play with the fashions! I love playing with these websites to see what I can learn."
Author: Indra Nooyi
11. "Your self-image tells about what you think about yourself and how you appear to yourself in your own consciousness. Self-image is the picture of yourself carried in your own mind. That picture can scare you or inspire you!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
12. "Don't stop to think of the words when you do stop, just stop to think of the picture better-and let your mind off yourself in this work."
Author: Jack Kerouac
13. "Daemon practically knocked me over to get in one last comment. "Don't forget. There are cooler things out there than fallen angels and dead guys. Just saying." He winked.I pictured an entire legion of females swooning. Pushing him aside, I winced and clicked the off button on the webcam page. "You like seeing yourself being recorded."He shrugged. "That was fun. When do you do another?"
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
14. "The baron reminds me of someone, but I can't quite put my finger on who it is," Ramsey remarked."I swear my own father never talked to me the way Gillian's uncle just did.""Your father died before you were old enough to know him.""It was humiliating, damn it. He sure as certain wasn't what I expected. The way Gillian talked about him, I pictured a mild-mannered gentleman. She thinks he's… gentle. Is the woman blind? How in God's name can she love such a crotchety old…"Ramsey's head snapped up, and he suddenly burst into laughter, breaking Brodick's train of thought. "It's you.""What?""Morgan… he reminds me of you. My God, Gillian married a man just like her uncle. Look at the baron and you'll see yourself in twenty years.""Are you suggesting I'm going to become a belligerent, foul-tempered old man?""Hell, you're already belligerent and foul-tempered. No wonder she fell in love with you," he drawled"
Author: Julie Garwood
15. "The key to faking deaths is a fine appreciation of arterial spray patterns. I have found that blood bags work very well at simulating spray with a strategically poked hole; apply pressure to the bottom of the bag, practice a bit, and before long you will be able to write stories of carnage and odes to gore.A small fan brush-the sort that one dude used to paint happy little trees-can paint a picture of blunt force spatters if you flick the surface properly. You could even talk to yourself, as that painter did, while you flick blood around: "And maybe over here we have a nice stab wound. And, I don't know, maybe there's a few more back over here. Multiple stab wounds. It doesn't matter, whatever you feel like."
Author: Kevin Hearne
16. "I pictured Becs and myself together, squabbling, but always over little things, while I rotted away at the core from love of Ferris.It was hopeless.‘Here.' I laid my hands on the table, palms up, and jerked my head at them, ‘put yours on top.'Ferris did not move.‘Please,' I said.He laid his cold hands on mine and I curled my fingers, folding his within them.‘Now,' I said, ‘I've neither accepted nor refused. Speak it out plainly, tell me and I'll do it.'He cried, ‘Don't put it onto me! Choose for yourself.'‘This is choosing. Tell Aunt I will do whatever you'll have me do, and that's my answer.' I kept hold of his fingers. We stayed there silent and motionless for some time, while the candles burnt down.At last he said quietly, ‘It is a lot to give up.'‘Well. My history is bad enough without bigamy,' I replied, at which he smiled but made no reply. The candles were half burnt. I took one and rose.‘Goodnight, Ferris.'‘Goodnight, Jacob."
Author: Maria McCann
17. "Hold a picture of yourself long and steadily enough in your mind's eye, and you will be drawn toward it."
Author: Napoleon Hill
18. "If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal."
Author: Norman Vincent Peale
19. "You won't see a picture of me rolling around in a gutter, but I sometimes have a photo taken when I'm leaving a club looking tired, and there'll be headlines saying, 'She's out of control'. You can't prepare yourself for those things; you just have to shrug them off."
Author: Pixie Lott
20. "I found out that you could audition by sending a picture of yourself and some information to Newsround."
Author: Rupert Grint
21. "Beautyisn't all about tooth whiteners, hard abs, and hundred-dollar lipstick. Beauty isabout growing old together, remembering when together, laughing together. If mypicture disgusts you, fine. Go look at the faces of women who named a price youcan buy them for. I'm not the kind of woman who will ever be for sale, and shameon you for not expecting more from a woman, or from yourself."
Author: Virginia Nelson
22. "Trying to think more outside the box is like taking a picture with a camera, the more you do it, the more you learn about different positions and angles. The more you take pictures, the more you learn that you can change the camera distance range or change the speeds, and different amounts of light let in. Likewise, the camera speed is the same as allowing yourself time for outside ideas and thoughts to flow."
Author: Wes Adamson
Quotes About Picture Of Yourself Pictures