Famous Quotes About Places To Visit
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Places To Visit.
Top Quotes About Places To Visit
1. "In places where a loved one has died, time stops for eternity. If I stand on the very spot, one says to oneself, like a prayer, might I feel the pain he felt? They say that on a visit to an old castle or whatever, the history of the place, the presence of people who walked there many years ago, can be felt in the body. Before, when I heard things like that, I would think, what are they talking about? But i felt I understood it now."
Author: Banana Yoshimoto
2. "...I had always believed that I left a bit of me wherever I went. I also believed that I took a bit of every place with me. I never felt that more than with this trip. It was as if the act of touching these places, walking these roads,and asking these questions had added another column to my being. And the only possible explanation I could find for that feeling was that a spirit existed in many of the places I visited, and a spirit existed in me and the two had somehow met in the course of my travels. It's as if the godliness of the land and the godliness of my being had fused."
Author: Bruce Feiler
3. "Reality is the place we need to live, but our imaginations harbor the greatest places to visit!"
Author: Giuseppe Bianco
4. "Sometimes without conscious realization, our thoughts, our faith, out interests are entered into the past. We talk about other times, other places, other persons, and lose our living hold on the present. Sometimes we think if we could just go back in time we would be happy. But anyone who attempts to reenter the past is sure to be disappointed. Anyone who has ever revisited the place of his birth after years of absence is shocked by the differences between the way the place actually is, and the way he has remembered it. He may walk along old familiar streets and roads, but he is a stranger in a strange land. He has thought of this place as home, but he finds he is no longer here even in spirit. He has gone onto a new and different life, and in thinking longingly of the past, he has been giving thought and interest to something that no longer really exists."
Author: James McBride
5. "New York and LA are both great places to visit, but I wouldn't want to live in either of them now. I find New York extremely claustrophobic and dirty. LA is quite a nice place. But there's no hustle and bustle, no street life."
Author: Jonny Lee Miller
6. "I don't like modeling, but in terms of the places I got to visit, it was great."
Author: Karen Gillan
7. "But all that's hugely unlikely -- with the exception of mosquito bites and sunburn. And yet even experienced travelers are still afraid. "What everyone forgets -- even me -- is the people who actually live here. In places like Central America, I mean. Southeast Asia. India. Africa. Millions, even billions, of people, who live out their whole lives in these places -- the places so many people like us fear. Think about it: they ride chicken buses to work every day. Their clothes are always damp. Their whole lives, they never escape the dust and the heat. But they deal with all these discomforts. They have to."So why can't travelers? If we've got the means to get here, we owe it to the country we're visiting not to treat it like an amusement park, sanitized for our comfort. It's insulting to the people who live here. People just trying to have the best lives they can, with the hands they've been dealt."
Author: Kirsten Hubbard
8. "Circumstances in life often take us places that we never intended to go. We visit some places of beauty, others of pain and desolation."
Author: Kristin Armstrong
9. "To become extremely intelligent ask why not what. What defines a thing, he seems to say do not bother me with why. Why seeks for explanations that may seem unreachable. Why places a demand on the mind, she pressures the mind to go out of his comfort zone, to travel to lands, visit cultures unheard of or unvisited before. PB"
Author: Paul Bamikole
10. "Hospitals are places that you have to stay in for a long time, even if you are a visitor. Time doesn't seem to pass in the same way in hospitals as it does in other places. Time seems to almost not exist in the same way as it does in other places."
Author: Pedro Almodovar
11. "Lonely Places, then are the places that are not on international wavelengths, do not know how to carry themselves, are lost when it comes to visitors. They are shy, defensive, curious places; places that do not know how they are supposed to behave."
Author: Pico Iyer
12. "A child, especially a lonely one, one hidden away, is sometimes permitted a glimpse of the little people who inhabit these remote places. These creatures shun the limelight and the intrusion of large humans, preferring to dance, in field and forest, by the light of the moon. Deep within the old forest of tall pines at the foot of the steep meadow below our house is a small clearing where the sun shines through onto the forest floor. It smells wonderful as the sun warms the dry pine needles that lie in a carpet several feet thick on the ground. As a little girl, I visited this spot every few weeks to make a house for the fairies who lived there. First, I'd form the castle wall of pine needles in a circle. Next, some smaller walls for separate rooms. In several, I'd put soft bits of green moss for beds and leaves for coverlets; in others, twigs for chairs and tables."
Author: Testy McTesterson
13. "I hate Nassau and the Bahamas. It's one of those places I'd always wanted to visit since reading Ian Fleming but it was full of casinos with Americans in shorts."
Author: Tony Parsons
Quotes About Places To Visit Pictures