Famous Quotes About Planning
Browse 474 famous quotes and sayings about Planning.
Top Quotes About Planning
1. "While there are towns and cities still planning Memorial Day parades, many have not held a parade in decades. Some think the day is for honoring anyone who has died, not just those fallen in service to our country."
Author: Allen West
2. "If I were planning to be stranded on a desert island, I wouldn't take Freud's books with me, because I've already read them all."
Author: Anne Roiphe
3. "When I was planning Family Viewing, the Ontario Film Development Corporation came into existence."
Author: Atom Egoyan
4. "I am planning to return and contest the October elections in Pakistan."
Author: Benazir Bhutto
5. "There's a bit of debate about that; some say it was really Matthew, but the popular consensus is that Mark was the first one, so that's why I did that one first. And I was planning on doing all four."
Author: Chester Brown
6. "I'm planning on finishing the Gospels at some point."
Author: Chester Brown
7. "What exactly are you planning to put on the claim? Act of God?"
Author: Christa Faust
8. "The whole tendency of modern life is towards scientific planning and organisation, central control, standardisation, and specialisation. If this tendency was left to work itself out to its extreme conclusion, one might expect to see the state transformed into an immense social machine, all the individual components of which are strictly limited to the performance of a definite and specialised function, where there could be no freedom because the machine could only work smoothly as long as every wheel and cog performed its task with unvarying regularity. Now the nearer modern society comes to the state of total organisation, the more difficult it is to find any place for spiritual freedom and personal responsibility. Education itself becomes an essential part of the machine, for the mind has to be as completely measured and controlled by the techniques of the scientific expert as the task which it is being trained to perform."
Author: Christopher Henry Dawson
9. "Able Danger was a top-secret military planning operation, established in '99 by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to identify cells of al-Qaida worldwide and to take out al Qaida terrorists. They identified five cells worldwide, one of them in Brooklyn."
Author: Curt Weldon
10. "Firstly, being a local councillor, he was probably a cunt! A real 'book-waving-starch-underpants-wearing-precedent - quoting-sub-section-paragraph-thee-looking-up' sort of arsehole who lived his life by the numbers and reported his neighbours if they so much as tried to put up a bird-table without planning permission."
Author: Danny King
11. "Reality usually delivers results a little worse than the 'worst-case scenario'. It's called the planning fallacy, and the best way to fix it is to ask how long things took the last time you tried them. That's called using the outside view instead of the inside view. But when you're doing something new and can't do that, you just have to be really, really, really pessimistic. Like, so pessimistic that reality actually comes out better than you expected around as often and as much as it comes out worse. It's actually really hard to be so pessimistic that you stand a decent chance of undershooting real life."
Author: Eliezer Yudkowsky
12. "Like completing a run, living today begins with preparation, planning, and prayer."
Author: Elizabeth George
13. "I'm planning a different show, though for obvious reasons some of the material will be the same, and of course I will perform material from the new CD."
Author: George Duke
14. "I have been told that my above-described theory is all wrong and is only due to my Central European conceit, because the English do not care for the opinion of foreigners. In every other country, it has been explained, people just build streets and towns following their own common sense. England is the only country of the world where there is a Ministry of Town and Country Planning. That is the real reason for the muddle."
Author: George Mikes
15. "Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning."
Author: Gloria Steinem
16. "Apparently the town, a triumph of post-war socialist planning was a sewer, full of tattooed beasts and violent zombies, with vomit and blood frothing in the gutters. I couldn't wait to see it."
Author: Hanif Kureishi
17. "Jennings saw this and held the gun up with his fingers splayed placatingly as if to show her that he wasn't planning on using it. Not yet, anyway. "I don't want to hurt you again, Lily," he told her. "So just make sure you don't do anything stupid, and I won't." At that moment, he reminded her of John Cusack in Grosse Pointe Blank. He acted like he was making a reasonable request. As if there was justification for shooting someone thirty times."
Author: Heather Killough Walden
18. "On Algebra - "We're a month into it, and I'm planning to start a real protest movement, one to have X and Y removed from the alphabet. Z is also suspect as far as I'm concerned...Damn it! They put a man on the moon; can't they find some way to end the scourge of Algebra?"
Author: Huston Piner
19. "I'm planning, you see, to try to confine myself to the truth. That's hard for an old, inveterate fantasy martyr and liar who has never hesitated to give truth the form he felt the occasion demanded."
Author: Ingmar Bergman
20. "One day, an unusually exciting event interrupted the rhythm of our regular middle-class teenage lives. A Russian woman, the mother of a girl in our class, was run over by a New York City bound train right in the center of town. Our classmate left school in the middle of the semester. The gossip was that the woman must have thrown herself under the train. The adults whispered about reasons, usual ones, but my friends and I were too busy planning what to wear to the prom to wonder about the savagery of adult passion."
Author: Inna Swinton
21. "In the process of planning and having a wedding, I forgot there would actually be a marriage, a union of minds, bodies, souls, and issues that would come together as soon as the ceremony was over."
Author: Iyanla Vanzant
22. "The reason that everybody likes planning is that nobody has to do anything."
Author: Jerry Brown
23. "At the University of Maryland, my first year I started off planning to major in art because I was interested in theatre design, stage design or television design."
Author: Jim Henson
24. "Now, if you two will excuse us, we'll get back to the relatively simple business of planning a war."
Author: John Flanagan
25. "Planning is really the hallmark of any large military formation, and it's typically a weakness in new formations and new armies."
Author: John R. Allen
26. "A lot of films need planning in order to survive at all. It's part of the dog and pony show."
Author: John Turturro
27. "Look, I'm not going to have sex with him just so he'll say that he loves me, you know?"...That isn't why I was planning to have sex with Rob - to hear the words, I mean. I just wanted to get it over with. I think. Actually, I'm not sure why it seemed so important."
Author: Lauren Oliver
28. "The more time you spend contemplating what you should have done... you lose valuable time planning what you can and will do."
Author: Lil Wayne
29. "Trace asked Jackson, "Why the hell are you even here?"Jackson looked far too uneasy for Trace's peace of mind. "I know you didn't want me here. I got the message loud and clear when you cut the call. Thing is, your little lady was damned insistent that I do something.""Like get stunned and tied up?""You try planning with a hellcat breathing fire in your ear, making demands, prodding you-""Priss?""She's a terror. That name doesn't suit her at all."
Author: Lori Foster
30. "The ballpark is the star. In the age of Tris Speaker and Babe Ruth, the era of Jimmie Foxx and Ted Williams, through the empty-seats epoch of Don Buddin and Willie Tasby and unto the decades of Carl Yastrzemski and Jim Rice, the ballpark is the star. A crazy-quilt violation of city planning principles, an irregular pile of architecture, a menace to marketing consultants, Fenway Park works. It works as a symbol of New England's pride, as a repository of evergreen hopes, as a tabernacle of lost innocence. It works as a place to watch baseball"
Author: Martin F. Nolan
31. "Hi my name's Quarry. I'm in town to blow your favorite professor's brains out. Can you tell me whether you're planning to stop by his place this afternoon, so I can pick a time when I wouldn't have to spray your fucking brains against the wall, too? Thanks!"
Author: Max Allan Collins
32. "I hope you're not planning on kicking me," he said,not even bothering to look up from his book, "as hardas you did those doors.""I will," I said, "if the next words out of your mouthare Pierce, you just need to relax."
Author: Meg Cabot
33. "A coalition with Tories and Liberal Democrats together is a golden opportunity to create the sort of planning reform that means not only can we have more environmentally sensitive planning, but we can have more homes and more schools."
Author: Michael Gove
34. "I went into this job to do plays, but that's here for 10 weeks, and the rest of the year I do a lot of other things-the administrative work of planning, reading plays."
Author: Michael Ritchie
35. "I'm completely taken and impressed by the planning authority of Singapore and its Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA). It's the most cutting-edge agency in the world. They have very effective guidelines for development, and they review design as it evolves."
Author: Moshe Safdie
36. "UN studies conducted in more than forty developing countries show that the birth rate falls as women gain equality... I believe income-earning opportunities that empower poor women ... will have more impact on curbing population growth that the current system of "encouraging" family planning practices through intimidation tactics.. Family planning should be left to the family."
Author: Muhammad Yunus
37. "This is unbelievable," James said. "I mean, you guys are out here planning to build an armored car out of my dad's old, and I mean old, car. Mom is in the house making cookies like this is just an everyday occurrence. Once this starts, you guys probably won't live through it, and nobody is acting like it's a big deal. I don't know that I'm comfortable with my parents preparing for their funeral." "Everyone has to die of something, son," Rick said. James looked stunned. "So you are thinking about that as a possibility? Then why go to all the trouble of putting armor on the car and putting in that big engine?" "Because I have to get back to the starting point, which in this case is the Deal's Gap," Rick answered. "And the car won't make it if I don't make modifications." "Once they figure out what you're doing and where you're going, they'll ambush you. You won't be able to get out of it. They'll gun you and Mom down in cold blood." James was trying to hide the emotion from his face."
Author: Rich Hoffman
38. "Jimmy Carter began his planning in the early summer of 1976, Ronald Reagan a year prior. The Clinton Administration, elected in 1992, lingered in naming its team, and as a result, took almost a year to staff its ranks."
Author: Richard V. Allen
39. "So planning something big.""If this is the work of the Overtakers, we've never seen anything like it.""It is," a voice said behind them. Maybeck slipped in alongside of them."You about scared the pee out of me!" Charlene complained."
Author: Ridley Pearson
40. "We couldn't believe how exciting it was to be together, a pair of young Americruisers on a roll. We'd lived for just twenty-five years; we weren't planning to die for fifty more. We danced and drank and went to rock shows. Our lives were just beginning, our favorite moment was right now, our favorite songs were unwritten."
Author: Rob Sheffield
41. "In the planning stage of a book, don't plan the ending. It has to be earned by all that will go before it."
Author: Rose Tremain
42. "A lot of my time was spent searching, thinking and planning my life."
Author: Ryan White
43. "The art is in evolving to such a receptive consciousness, which is aligned to enjoyment and fruition in both ways – expecting and planning the randomizations for ‘specific' joys as well as designing joys in ‘generic' randomizations. True love lands you in a consciousness, which relishes the joys of this rainbowish dualism best."
Author: Santosh Jha
44. "When you father dies! What then?"Lord Needham looked up from his pheasant. "I beg your pardon?"Lady Needham waved one hand in the air as though she hadn't time to think of her husband's feelings, instead prodding, "He shan't live forever, Penelope! What then?"Penelope could not think of why this was in any way relevant. "Well, that shall be very sad, I imagine."Lady Needham shook her head in frustration. "Penelope!""Mother, I honestly have no idea what you are implying.""Who will take care of you? When your father dies?""Is Father planning to die soon?""No," her father said."One never knows!" Tears were welling in the marchioness' eyes. "Oh, for God's-" Lord Needham had had enough. "I'm not dying. And I take no small amount of offence in the fact the thought simply rolled off your tongue."
Author: Sarah MacLean
45. "It does not suit the world to hear that people who are leading a high life, an enviable life, a privileged life are as miserable most days as anybody else, despite the fact that it must be obvious they would be - given that we are all agreed that money and fame do not bring happiness. Instead the world would prefer to enjoy the idea, against what it knows to be true, that wealth and fame do in fact insulate and protect against misery and it would rather we shut up if we are planning to indicate otherwise."
Author: Stephen Fry
46. "…We wait, we wait,And the saints and martyrs wait, for those who shall be martyrs and saints.Destiny waits in the hand of God, shaping the still unshapen:I have seen these things in a shaft of sunlight.Destiny waits in the hand of God, not in the hands of statesmenWho do, some well, some ill, planning and guessing,Having their aims which turn in their hands in the pattern of time."
Author: T.S. Eliot
47. "Something her father always used to say popped into her head. God hates a coward, Ruby. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and met his stare head-on. "Since you bought me an alcoholic beverage and I'm planning on kissing you, then yes. I'd say this qualifies as a date." His gaze dropped to her mouth, and she couldn't stop herself from biting her bottom lip. If the music wasn't so loud, she knew she would have heard him groan. "Sorry. I can't kiss you." Heat suffusing her face, Ruby pushed her chair back and stood. "No kissing, no fun, no gambling. I'm starting to forget why I found you interesting." Before she could blink, he moved to stand behind her. On either side of her, he laid his hands on the table, effectively blocking her escape. When he spoke, she felt his every word against her neck. "I just watched you bend over a pool table in those ridiculously tight jeans. Over. And over. You think I could stop at kissing?"
Author: Tessa Bailey
48. "Sometime we forget to value the small things, that inspire us more than the large! We should learn from daily than planning stupid future."
Author: Vikram Roy
49. "As a planning board commissioner, I have to review the applications for development throughout the city, and the bulk of those applications have been for the waterfront. I think the progress the waterfront has made is amazing."
Author: Vincent Frank
50. "Did Ellis hurt like I did my first time? I hoped not. I tried desperately to prep him as best I could, but there was still no guarantee that today he wouldn't feel the repercussions, despite my careful planning. To his advantage, and to the detriment of my ego, I was on the low side of average."
Author: Wade Kelly
Quotes About Planning Pictures