Famous Quotes About Please Don Go
Browse 133 famous quotes and sayings about Please Don Go.
Top Quotes About Please Don Go
1. "Please don't tell your family that I'm here," he says softly. "I want to keep a low profile.""Done," I say, knowing that the story of how I got caught peeping in his back window like a weirdo will be an easy secret to keep."
Author: A.M. Robinson
2. "Please, don't be good. Please," I begged.Rush let out a rugged breath, "Shit, baby. Stop it. I'm going to explode. I'll give you your release but when I finally bury myself inside you for the first time you won't be sprawled in the back of my car. You'll be in my bed."
Author: Abbi Glines
3. "And now—our love is so true, I won't take a step without you. Thank God, you came. If you love me, please don't ever let me go."
Author: Angela Morrison
4. "This innocenceIs brilliantI hope that it will stayThis momentIs perfectPlease don't go awayI need you nowAnd I'll hold on to itDon't you let it pass you by"
Author: Avril Lavigne
5. "Eli: Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the strength and the conviction to complete the task you entrusted to me. Thank you for guiding me straight and true through the many obstacles in my path. And for keeping me resolute when all around seemed lost. Thank you for your protection and your many signs along the way. Thank you for any good that I may have done, I'm so sorry about the bad. Thank you for the friend I made. Please watch over her as you watched over me. Thank you for finally allowing me to rest. I'm so very tired, but I go now to my rest at peace. Knowing that I have done right with my time on this earth. I fought the good fight, I finished the race, I kept the faith."
Author: Book Of Eli Movie
6. "Oh, and one thing. Please, please don't depend on me too much. I mean that. I'm not going to be of much help. If your plots come to a head—if things go wrong at the last moment and you're in danger or distress—don't think of me. I will fail you. That I promise from my heart with absolute sincerity." - Lightsong"
Author: Brandon Sanderson
7. "Wit was insulting each person as they stepped onto the island. "Brightness Marakal! What adisaster that hairstyle is; how brave of you to show it to the world. Brightlord Marakal, I wish you'dwarned us you were going to attend; I'd have forgone supper. I do so hate being sick after a full meal.Brightlord Cadilar! How good it is to see you. Your face reminds me of someone dear to me.""Really?" wizened Cadilar said, hesitating."Yes," Wit said, waving him on, "my horse. Ah, Brightlord Neteb, you smell unique today—did youattack a wet whitespine, or did one just sneeze on you? Lady Alami! No, please, don't speak—it's mucheasier to maintain my illusions regarding your intelligence that way. And Brightlord Dalinar." Wit noddedto Dalinar as he passed. "Ah, my dear Brightlord Taselin. Still engaged in your experiment to prove amaximum threshold of human idiocy? Good for you! Very empirical of you."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
8. "Please don't feel hurt, Satan, but my parents raised me to believe you didn't exist. My mom and dad said you and God were invented in the superstitious, backward pea brains of hillbilly preachers and Republican hypocrites."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
9. "What do I want? What kind of question is that? I want what everybody wants. I want someone who has my back. I want someone's name to put in the space after "in an emergecy please call." I want someone who will drink the other half of the bottle of wine so I don't. And someone to make it worth sitting down at an actual table to eat. I want someone who's dying to get home after a long day because I'm going to be there."
Author: Claire Cook
10. "Time to go," he says. "I already see this heading somewhere I'm too drunk to go right now. I'll see you tomorrow night." I jump up and run and block the window before he can leave. He stops in front of me and folds his arms over his chest. "Stay," I say. "Please. Just lay in bed with me. We can put pillows between us and I promise not to seduce you since you're drunk. Just stay for an hour, I don't want you to go yet." He immediately turns and heads back to the bed. "Okay," he says simply. He throws himself onto my bed and pulls the covers out from beneath him. That was easy."
Author: Colleen Hoover
11. "I would like to buy about three dollars worth of gospel, please. Not too much – just enough to make me happy, but not so much that I get addicted. I don't want so much gospel that I learn to really hate covetousness and lust. I certainly don't want so much that I start to love my enemies, cherish self-denial, and contemplate missionaryservice in some alien culture. I want ecstasy, not repentance; I want transcendence, not transformation. I would like to be cherished by some nice, forgiving, broad-minded people, but Imyself don't want to love those from different races – especially if they smell. I would like enough gospel to make my family secure and my children well behaved, but not so much that I find my ambitions redirected or my giving too greatly enlarged. I wouldlike about three dollars worth of gospel, please."
Author: D.A. Carson
12. "Please don't hate you??!! I hate that I love you. Loving you made me waste a year of my life. Lovingyou made me be passionate about nothing but you. Loving you made me take risks I never would haveotherwise. Loving you made me give it up to you. Loving you made me neglect my parents and Amy.Loving you made me not care that my grandma just died. Loving you made me turn out bitter andhopeless like her. Loving you made me hate myself for being dumped by you. Loving you made medeluded, irrational, inconsiderate, and a liar. And because I love you, you're always going to haunt me."
Author: Daria Snadowsky
13. "Such fatigues and hardship as these serve to wean me more from the earth; and, I trust, will make heaven the sweeter. Formerly, when I was thus exposed to cold, rain, etc., I was ready to please myself with the thoughts of enjoying a comfortable house, a warm fire, and other outward comforts; but now these have less place in my heart (through the grace of God) and my eye is more to God for comfort. In this world I expect tribulation; and it does not now, as formerly, appear strange to me; I don't in such seasons of difficulty flatter myself that it will be better hereafter; but rather think how much worse it might be; how much greater trials others of God's children have endured; and how much greater are yet perhaps reserved for me. Blessed be God that he makes the comfort to me, under my sharpest trials; and scarce ever lets these thoughts be attended with terror or melancholy; but they are attended frequently with great joy."
Author: David Brainard
14. "I'm leaving." Her cold lips barely moved as she mouthed the words.Horror fisted around his vitals. "No."For the first time she met his eyes. Hers were red-rimmed but dry. "I have to leave,Simon.""No." He was a little boy denied a sweet. He felt like falling down and screaming."Let me go.""I can't let you go." He half laughed here in the too-bright, cold London sun before his ownhouse. "I'll die if I do."She closed her eyes. "No, you won't. I can't stay and watch you tear yourself apart.""Lucy.""Let me go, Simon. Please." She opened her eyes, and he saw infinite pain in her gaze.Had he done this to his angel? Oh, God. He unclasped his hands."
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
15. "I was actually very pleased that they let me do it, because I feel very deeply for breast cancer survivors. I don't have it, but it is in my family. I've always been very aware of it. I go for mammograms and checkups."
Author: Erika Slezak
16. "I am a personal optimist but a skeptic about all else. What may sound to some like anger is really nothing more than sympathetic contempt. I view my species with a combination of wonder and pity, and I root for its destruction. And please don't confuse my point of view with cynicism; the real cynics are the ones who tell you everything's gonna be all right."
Author: George Carlin
17. "There is a very thin line between a believer, an evangelist and a fanatic. God, please guide me against imposing my beliefs on others and help me realise when needed to serve as an example to humanity. God, as I am not done with learning, please remind me always that regardless of our religious backgrounds we are all from one God. Amen."
Author: Gloria D. Gonsalves
18. "Yesterday upon the stairI met a man who wasn't thereHe wasn't there again todayOh, how I wish he'd go awayWhen I came home last night at threeThe man was waiting there for meBut when I looked around the hallI couldn't see him there at all!Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!Go away, go away, and please don't slam the doorLast night I saw upon the stairA little man who wasn't thereHe wasn't there again todayOh, how I wish he'd go awayAntigonish (1899)"
Author: Hughes Mearns
19. "Which way did they go, Peeves?" Filch was saying. "Quick, tell me." "Say 'please.'" "Don't mess with me, Peeves, now where did they go?" "Shan't say nothing if you don't say please," said Peeves in his annoying singsong voice. "All right- PLEASE." "NOTHING! Ha haaa! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Ha ha! Haaaaaa!" And they heard the sound of Peeves whooshing away and Filch cursing in rage."
Author: J.K. Rowling
20. "What the f*ck do you want from me?"He had to laugh. "Please. If I were running this show, you'd have had her back down here months ago and I'd be long f*cking gone."Tohr laughed a little in surprise."Aw, come on, my man," Lassiter muttered. "I don't want to screw you. You're too flat chested, for one thing—I'm a boob man. And for another, you're a good guy. You deserve better than this."Now Tohr looked downright shocked."
Author: J.R. Ward
21. "And, at last, I could hold him. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly, willing the darkness away, trying to heal him with my body, with my touch."I love you, Sebastian, please don't push me away. I love you.""Oh God, Caro. I just don't know what I'm doing anymore; I'm so fucked up - I feel like I can't fucking breathe. Don't give up on me, Caro. Please don't give up on me. I need you, baby. I love you so much. I'm so sorry."I could forgive anything now that he'd let me touch him."
Author: Jane Harvey Berrick
22. "Love is not first a feeling. Though the feelings come later and grow thick in the basic loam of love, they don't constitute the sum and substance of love. Love is doing whatever good God says you must do for another, to please God, whether (at first) it pleases you or not. You must do so because He says so; and you don't wait until you feel like doing so. Love begins with obedience toward God in which one gives to another whatever the other needs. Love is not a gooey, sticky sentimental thing; it is hard to love. Often it hurts to love. Love meant going to the cross through the garden of Gethsemane. Christ did not feel like dying for your sins, Christian, but He did so nonetheless. The Scriptures teach that he endured the cross while focusing on the subsequent joy that it would bring."
Author: Jay E. Adams
23. "So did Caspian leave this behind when he went off to college or something?' 'No.' Don't say it. Please don't say it. 'He died a little more than two years ago in a car accident. Right after Halloween"
Author: Jessica Verday
24. "Well, of course, you can't expect people to rearrange their minds in five minutes. And I'm not good at this. And I don't want to do it. It's a bore, anyway. Unfortunately I know what will happen if I keep on; I'll say that if we are going to talk about these things, let us please talk about them seriously and our fake Britisher will say that he always takes pretty girls seriously and then I'll say I don't you cut off your testicles and shove them down your throat? and then I'll lose my job and then I'll commit suicide. I once hit a man with a book but that was at a feminist meeting and anyway I didn't hit him really, because he dodged. I have never learned the feminine way of cutting a man down to size, although I can imagine how to do it, but truth to tell, that would go against what I believe, that men must live up to such awful things."
Author: Joanna Russ
25. "Wait, so you do love me?" I asked, hope welling in my heart.She growled and pounded her fist into a locker, leaving a fist-shaped dent. "Stop it, Justin. Stop it!"I grabbed her shoulders. "Look at me and tell me you don't love me," I said. "Do it and I'll never bother you again.""I don't love you," she mumbled."Look at me when you say it!"She turned to me, her eyes hard but dull and faded. "I don't love you."I let her go. My heart turned to lead, the heavy lump sagging in my chest. "Well, if there are agents out there looking to kill me, I guess it would be a mercy."I turned to leave. Her hand gripped my shoulder."Please listen to me, Justin."I pushed her hand away but didn't turn to face her. I couldn't let her see the tears welling in my eyes. "Why? What does it matter?""It just does. I—I don't want to see you hurt."I took a deep shuddering breath. "You're not doing a very good job of it." I walked away and left her standing there."
Author: John Corwin
26. "Avoiding moments of disillusionment... I don't want dates on my calendar... If it comes to love. I do not want to hear any more cute songs. I do not want to see or send any flowers. Tell love not to touch my door. I'm not home. And please don't come back tomorrow. I'm on vacation, a vacation away from love. Say goodbye for me. Love knows my reasons..."
Author: José N. Harris
27. "Pressing my head to his heart, I listened hard, straining to hear any gurgle or murmur of life. Hearing nothing, I felt the shock settle into my mind, slowing it down and then turning it off."Don't leave me, Noah. Please, don't go," I whispered into the darkness as the light spray of rain touched my face.If only I could turn back time.I would tell him yes."
Author: Karen Ann Hopkins
28. "Chloe kept her expression bland. He looked immensely pleased with himself this morning, and there was no wayshe was letting him know she'd had even one nocturnal thought about him. "I can't remember," she said, blinkingguilelessly. "In fact, I slept so deeply I don't think I dreamt atall.""Indeed," he murmured. When he moved forward, she nearly jumped out of her skin, but he simply reached behindher and pulled the door to her bedchamber shut.Then backed her against it."Hey," she snapped."I sought but to give you a good morrow kiss, lass. 'Tis a Scots custom."She craned her neck, scowling up at him, and gave him a look that said Yeah, right, nice try."A wee one. No tongue. I promise," he said, his lips curving faintly."You never give up, do you?""I never will, sweet. Doona you know that by now?"Oooh, that was beginning to take on shades of her dream.And he'd called her "sweet," a little endearment. She damped her mouth shut and shook her head."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
29. "Please we would much rather sail free we mean you no harm I promise " he floated upright in the water frowning then bowed his head in agreement. With a flick of their tails the blue men dived and were gone. "I promise " Hannah breathed. Of course. "That's a hard one to rhyme with. Scarlet Max and Donovan leapt up and down shouting with joy. "I knew you could do it" Scarlet shrieked. "It was just luck " Hannah said "I didn't have time to think. I just said the first thing that came into my mind. I could've said I swear and then he could have said pear or mare or square…" "That was amazing " Donovan said. "You were so quick" I didn't feel quick " Hannah grinned " I felt as thick as a brick." "O goodness she cant stop " Donovan said laughing."
Author: Kate Forsyth
30. "I'm just not, okay? Can we please drop it? I'm done working on the experiment for the day. We're supposed to be helping Grayson with his physics too, and he's got a make up quiz tomorrow on Newton's Laws."This seemed to stop everyone. I wasn't sure why they were suddenly all staring at me until Brandon said, "Did you really fail a quiz on Newton's Laws?"Okay. So they were staring at me because they all thought I was a moron. "What?" I asked a little defensively. "Like it's easy? ‘Don't steal' I get. ‘Red means stop' makes perfect sense. That Newton guy was smoking some serious crack when he made up his laws. When the hell will I ever use thatstuff anyway?"
Author: Kelly Oram
31. "Like its author, this book is dedicated to Jen Schwalbach - the gorgeous mother of my child, the seductive temptress who keeps me faithful, and the friend I've always had the most fun with. My best friend, even.Also quite like the author, this book is additionally dedicated to Jen Schwalbach asshole.Everything above also applies here, obviously, except the "mother of my child" part: referencing my kid and my wife's brown eye in the same sentiment might come off as crude or something.(And I have a heart: Please don't go telling my kid you read in her old man's book that she's some kinda Butt-Baby. She's gonna have a hard enough time being Silent Bob's daughter - the daughter of the "Too Fat to Fly" guy.Also: Pleas don't tell my daughter I dedicated tge vook to her mother's sphincter. That'd be weird)"
Author: Kevin Smith
32. "Please, don't do this," he whispered. His familiar words hit me and I wiggled out of his hold. "I seem to remember saying, actually yelling, begging, pleading, those exact words to you a month ago. Let me respond the same way you did…" I saw him flinch right before I turned and walked out the door."
Author: Kimberly Lauren
33. "Cheshire Puss,' she began, rather timidly, as she did not at all know whether it would like the name: however, it only grinned a little wider. 'Come, it's pleased so far,' thought Alice, and she went on. 'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?''That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.'I don't much care where—' said Alice.'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.'—so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.'Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, 'if you only walk long enough."
Author: Lewis Carroll
34. "God, help me to tell the thruth to the strong and to avoid telling lies to get the weak's applause. If you give me success, do not take away my humility. If you give me humility, do not take away my dignity. God, help me to see the other side of the medal. Don't let me blame others of treason just because they don't think they like me. God, teach me to love people as I love myself and to judge me as I judge others. Please, don't let me be proud if I succed, or fall in despair if I fall. Remind me that failure is the experience that precedes triumph. Teach me that forgiving is the most important in the strong and that revenge is the most primitive sigh in the weak. If you take away my success, let me keep my strength to succeed from failure. If I fall people, give me courage to apologize and if people fail me, give me courage to forgive them. God, if I forget you, please do not forget me."
Author: Mahatma Gandhi
35. "Once in a while, Jimmy would make up a word but he never once got caught out. ... He should have been pleased by his success with these verbal fabrications, but instead he was depressed by it. The memos telling him he'd done a good job meant nothing to him; all they proved was that no one was capable of appreciating how clever he had been. He came to understand why serial killers sent helpful clues to the police."
Author: Margaret Atwood
36. "This was true enough, though it did not throw any light upon my perplexity. If we had heard of it to start with, it is possible that all the family would have considered the possession of a ghost a distinct advantage. It is the fashion of the times. We never think what a risk it is to play with young imaginations, but cry out, in the fashionable jargon, 'A ghost! - nothing else was wanted to make it perfect.' I should not have been above this myself. I should have smiled, of course, at the idea of the ghost at all, but then to feel that it was mine would have pleased my vanity. Oh, yes, I claim no exemption. The girls would have been delighted. I could fancy their eagerness, their interest, and excitement. No; if we had been told, it would have done no good - we should have made the bargain all the more eagerly, the fools that we are. ("The Open Door")"
Author: Margaret Oliphant
37. "You bastards, she thought.You lovely bastards.Don't make me happy. Please, don't fill me up and let me think that something good can come of any of this. Look at my bruises. Look at this graze. Do you see the graze inside me? Do you see it growing before your very eyes, eroding me? I don't want to hope for anything anymore. I don't want to pray that Max is alive and safe. Or Alex Steiner.Because the world does not deserve them."
Author: Markus Zusak
38. "It brewed in her as she eyed the pages full to the brims of their bellies with paragraphs and words.You bastards, she thought.You lovely bastards.Don't make me happy. Please, don't fill me up and let me think that something good can come of any of this."
Author: Markus Zusak
39. "I'm... I'm so in love with you that I can't even stand it! Sasuke! Stay with me, and I'll never let you regret it! We'll have fun every day, and... And you'll be happy! I'll make sure of it! I'll do anything for you, Sasuke! Just, please... Please, please don't go! I'll even help you take revenge! I mean, I'll manage it somehow, so... So please... Stay with me."
Author: Masashi Kishimoto
40. "But the wild things cried, "Oh please don't go - we'll eat you up - we love you so!"And Max said, "No!"The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws but Max stepped into his private boat and waved goodbye."
Author: Maurice Sendak
41. "I remember my wife and I used to get on plane and see everybody else with their babies. They'd be putting strollers and car seats up above, and we'd think: Oh, please Lord, don't make us go through that."
Author: Paul Reiser
42. "Please don't go away. You--you matter. To me."
Author: Rachel Caine
43. "Not half as much as I'd miss me if you killed me. (He blinked like a girl and leaned against Ash's shoulder.) Please don't hurt me, Ash. Please. I don't want to die while I'm still a virgin. At least let me get laid before you kill me – which according to my mom I can't do until I'm married and I can't do that until I finish college. So you have to wait a good ten years before you snuff me. Deal? (Nick)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "Hey, sweet. Please open your eyes, Livia. Open your eyes and see what you did. I'm actually sitting here without grimacing. There's no pain at all. But you know that, don't you? I don't know why you stayed with me. God knows, I wasn't worth it. But I don't want you to leave me alone anymore. I need you, Livia. I can't live without you in my life. I can't…I'm not that strong. Please open your eyes and look at me. Please. (Adron)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
45. "Please don't let it be another cop. I'm outta bail money. Wait a minute…I could sell you on eBay and make a killing. (Mark)Not in my current condition. You'd have to sell Caleb or Madaug. I'm sure there's someone willing to buy two perfectly good white boys. (Nick)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
46. "My life was pouring out my feet and seeping through cracks in the floor; yet still I knelt and did not move, for fear she'd let go my hands. Let me stay, I wanted to beg: Please don't make me go."
Author: Sonya Hartnett
47. "Jacob caught my arm with a shivering hand. "Please, Bella. I'm begging."His dark eyes were glistening with tears. A lump filled my throat."Jake, I have to?""You don't, though. You really don't. You could stay here with me. You could stay alive. For Charlie. For me."The engine of Carlisle's Mercedes purred; the rhythm of the thrumming spiked when Alice revved it impatiently.I shook my head, tears spattering from my eyes with the sharp motion. I pulled my arm free, and he didn't fight me."Don't die Bella," he choked out. "Don't go. Don't."What if I never saw him again?The thought pushed me past the silent tears; a sob broke out from my chest. I threw my arms around his waist and hugged for one too-short moment, burying my tear-wet face against his chest. He put his big hand on the back of my hair, as if to hold me here."Bye, Jake." I pulled his hand from my hair, and kissed his palm. I couldn't bear to look at his face. "Sorry," I whispered."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
48. "Let's walk down the road that has no endSteal away where only angels treadHeaven or hell or somewhere in betweenCross your heart to take me when you leaveDon't goPlease don't goDon't go without me"
Author: The Civil Wars
49. "Please, all you MCs out there, all you fans out there, don't think Big gonna make a record dissing 2Pac or the West Coast because it's not going down like that. I cant even see me wasting my time or my talent to disrespect another black man."
Author: The Notorious B.I.G.
50. "In the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, old people in America had prayed, "Please God, don't let me look poor." In the year 2000, they prayed, "Please God, don't let me look old." Sexiness was equated with youth, and youth ruled. The most widespread age-related disease was not senility but juvenility."
Author: Tom Wolfe
Quotes About Please Don Go Pictures