Famous Quotes About Pointing Out The Obvious
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Pointing Out The Obvious.
Top Quotes About Pointing Out The Obvious
1. "And that day, I probably walked right by them out of class, not really knowing either of them or having any idea who they'd end up being to me, but I can imagine it so accurately because I was then (and I guess I am still) in my own world of misreading people, reaching out to them in an awkward, overplanned way that blows up big-time, then retreating back in to my just-me existence, while they go around telling anyone who will listen what a tard I am."
Author: D.C. Pierson
2. "I want to see gay couples stuck with their significant other at Home Depot with that far away look in their eye, get me out of here."
Author: David Alan Grier
3. "We were taking out mortgages we couldn't afford because they were camouflaged to look as if we had a reasonable chance of paying them back. Banks then changed the bankruptcy laws so that we could not get out of our obligations once the rates changed. Lastly, they sold us back our own mortgages, shifting back to us any of the risk through our money-market accounts and pension funds."
Author: Douglas Rushkoff
4. "He stopped before opening the door and faced her. "You'll leave the window open for me and you'll be naked. When I come back, I'll take what I want from you, as many times as I want to." He grinned; it was pure and raw and astonishingly beautiful. "Understand me Lady Dagmar?" She shook her head. "No. You'll have to explain it to me.""I will. Even if I have to tie you to bed and explain it to you again and again and again." He looked over one more time. "And don't play with yourself after I'm gone. Don't want you wearing my pussy out before I've had a chance to use it." With his hand on the door, Gwenvael rewarded her with the warmest smile she'd seen from anyone. "Besides, you look so beautiful when you come, I don't want to miss a second of it."
Author: G.A. Aiken
5. "I always tried to watch the pitcher and his complete windup from the moment he had the ball in his glove all the way through his motion, and tried to follow it all the way out of his hand, all the way to home plate."
Author: Harmon Killebrew
6. "It's only when we can work with something that brings out our strengths that we're of any real use."
Author: Henning Mankell
7. "They may not look dangerous, but if angered [bowtruckles] will gouge out human eyes with their fingers, which, as you can see, are very sharp and not at all desirable near the eyeballs."
Author: J.K. Rowling
8. "When you were made a leader you weren't given a crown, you were given the responsibility to bring out the best in others."
Author: Jack Welch
9. "Every time we made love, one of us cried. Mostly it was me, out of joy, but occasionally it was her, out of despair."
Author: Jarod Kintz
10. "I've lived my life like a serial killer; finish with one part, strangle it and move on to the next. Life in neat little boxes is life in neat little coffins, the dead bodies of the past laid out side by side. I am discovering, now, in the late afternoon of the day, that the dead still speak."
Author: Jeanette Winterson
11. "There's power in the night. There's terror in the darkness. Despite all our accumulated history, learning, and experience, we remember. We remember times when we were too small to reach the light switch on the wall, and when darkness itself was enough to make us cry out in fear...."
Author: Jim Butcher
12. "Samuel glanced at him. "That's right," he said. "Set your teeth in it. How we do defend a wrongness! Shall I tell you what you do, so you will not think you invented it? When you go to bed and blow out the lamp—then she stands in the doorway with a little light behind her, and you can see her nightgown stir. And she comes sweetly to your bed, and you, hardly breathing, turn back the covers to receive her and move your head over on the pillow to make room for her head beside yours. You can smell the sweetness of her skin, and it smells like no other skin in the world—"
Author: John Steinbeck
13. "I love you, Eliza," I said.She thought about it. "No," she said at last, "I don't like it.""Why not?" I said."It's as though you were pointing a gun at my head," she said. "It's just a way of getting somebody to say something they probably don't mean. What else can I say, or anybody say, but, ‘I love you, too'?"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
14. "The blessing of the omnivore is that he can eat a great many different things in nature. The curse of the omnivore is that when it comes to figuring out which of those things are safe to eat, he's pretty much on his own."
Author: Michael Pollan
15. "I had hurt her feelings, I found out later; I didn't know I had that power."
Author: Ned Vizzini
16. "Shane: "Bro," he said, in an injured tone, "I had to go out with a flamethrower, and you weren't there to see it." Michael: "Pics or it didn't happen." Shane: "Dude, little busy for pics. You know, throwing flame."
Author: Rachel Caine
17. "I loved you!" he yelled. He jumped up out of his chair so quickly I never saw it coming. "I loved you, and you destroyed me. You took my heart and ripped it up."
Author: Richelle Mead
18. "I'd much rather be hold up with a ball of yarn, tucked inside the safety of the house with my mother. Out there, you must come to grips with the rot and bone, bloom and disintegration. It's part of the world, this ruthlessness, this severed leg, this sun-bleached skull. I can't really stand it. All the signs point toward change, and all that means is death. - 140-141"
Author: Robin Romm
19. "You took out a book on blow-job technique from the British Library? They shouldn't have books like that in there!"
Author: Sarra Manning
20. "I cut you out because I couldn't stand being a passing fancy."
Author: Sylvia Plath
21. "You get trapped by stories. Though I've got this reputation for being out of control, it's not true, it just happens to be a more interesting story than the truth."
Author: Terry Gilliam
Quotes About Pointing Out The Obvious Pictures