Famous Quotes About Popcorn
Browse 95 famous quotes and sayings about Popcorn.
Top Quotes About Popcorn
1. "Elphaba concentrated on the first Oompa-Loompa on the left. "Iskviesti Zaibo!" A bolt of lightning seemed to come from everywhere and zapped the poor Dymon, who popped like a kernel of popcorn and let out a squeal."Did I hurt it?" But she didn't need an answer, as it pulled itself up from the snow and brushed itself off."
Author: Abramelin Keldor
2. "Still, the car started, so we drove off to the movies. Popcorn happened. Previews, ads, and an annoying kid all went down like clockwork. The picture started and then ended a while later, the world unchanged by its passing."
Author: Adam P. Knave
3. "Forty-five years, these people were provided for. Not with much, you understand, but there weren't beggars in the streets or homeless people. Now everyone must figure out a new way to make a living. Selling hats or popcorn or flowers or coffee, there's not much difference. They're scared."
Author: Annie Ward
4. "She rejoins the crowd and watches with her friends, but she feels like an emptied glass - that crestfallen feeling of walking out from a movie theatre in the middle of the day, out from the intimate matinée darkness and the smell of popcorn, which is the smell of heightened colour and sound and story, into the borderless bright of day. Bereft."
Author: Ann Marie MacDonald
5. "Humans love sex, we need sex, it's how we connect, it reminds us we're alive, it's the third most basic human need, after food and good movie popcorn."
Author: Billy Crystal
6. "Hoping something will happen soon, so she can sit down & watch it with a fresh bowl of popcorn."
Author: Brian Andreas
7. "Friends think your life is so glamorous, and it is. But there are times when, instead of going to a glamorous party, I would rather just come home from work, pop in a DVD and eat some microwave popcorn with a cutie on the sofa."
Author: Carson Kressley
8. "Simon stepped between them. "I'm not going to let you fight with each other.""And what are you going to do about it if . . . Oh." Jace's gaze trailed up to Simon's forehead, and he grinned reluctantly. " So basically you're threatening to turn me into something you can sprinkle on popcorn if I don't do what you say?"
Author: Cassandra Clare
9. "So basically you're threatening to turn me into something you can sprinkle on popcorn if I don't do what you say?"(Jace, to Simon)"
Author: Cassandra Clare
10. "It was wintertime. I was starving to death trying to be a writer in New York. I hadn't eaten for three or four days. So, I finally said, "I'm gonna have a big bag of popcorn." And God, I hadn't tasted food for so long, it was so good. Each kernel, you know, each one was like a steak! I chewed and it would just drop into my poor stomach. My stomach would say, "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" I was in heaven, just walking along, and two guys happened by, and one said to the other, "Jesus Christ!" The other one said, "What was it?" "Did you see that guy eating popcorn? God, it was awful!" And so I couldn't enjoy the rest of the popcorn. I thought; what do you mean, "it was awful?" I'm in heaven here. I guess I was kinda dirty. They can always tell a fucked-up guy."
Author: Charles Bukowski
11. "Don't you go to the movies?""Mostly just to eat popcorn in the dark."
Author: Charles Bukowski
12. "'The Golden Compass' became a bad experience because the studio didn't have faith in the strength of the ideas of the novel, which is ironic because it's one of the greatest fantasy novels ever written, if not the greatest, and they took the religion out of it and tried to turn it into a popcorn movie."
Author: Chris Weitz
13. "Everything (N.W.A.) attempted had to possess criminal undertones. I can only assume they spent hours trying to deduce villainous ways to microwave popcorn (and if they'd succeeded, there would absolutely be a song about it, assumedly titled "Pop Goes the Corn Killa", or "45 Seconds to Bitch Snack")."
Author: Chuck Klosterman
14. "Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show."
Author: David Gerrold
15. "I am a big popcorn fanatic. I love popcorn. In fact one year for my birthday, my husband bought me one of those big popcorn machines like they have in movie theaters."
Author: Debbie Macomber
16. "Pop guns! And bicycles! Roller skates! Drums! Checkerboards! Tricycles! Popcorn! And plums!And he stuffed them in bags. Then the Grinch, very nimbly,Stuffed all the bags, one by one, up the chimbley!"
Author: Dr. Seuss
17. "Tenzin said, "More popcorn, my boy."Giovanni ripped the plastic bag open and held the paper bag. "This is ridiculous. I'm not a kitchen appliance."
Author: Elizabeth Hunter
18. "It was really strange to see all these apes standing around eating popcorn, smoking, wearing sunglasses."
Author: Estella Warren
19. "Horror is so often a 'thinkless' genre, sort of considered popcorn movies, but you really put a lot of, not just heart and soul, but a lot of physical energy into it."
Author: Fran Kranz
20. "Kat, who sat beside us, shouted, "Rewind that!" and threw popcorn at the screen. "Mr. Holland's expression was all, like, oh, no, I'm going to need to my balls reattached, and Cole's was all, you're about to lose something else, sucka."
Author: Gena Showalter
21. "Just as you grieve if a friend is killed, you should grieve if a fictional character is killed. You should care. If somebody dies and you just go get more popcorn, it's a superficial experience isn't it?"
Author: George R.R. Martin
22. "My mother was good at reading books, making cinnamon biscuits, and coloring in a coloring book. Also she was a good eater of popcorn and knitter of sweaters with my initials right in them. She could sit really still. She knew how to believe in God and sing really loudly. When she sneezed our whole house rocked. My father was a great smoker and driver of vehicles..He could hold a full coffee cup while driving and never spill a drop, even going over bumps. He lost his temper faster than anyone."
Author: Haven Kimmel
23. "Ordinarily my mom just sunk deeper into her corner of the couch and ignored it. She had succesfully ignored a quarter of a century of entropy and decay, had sat peacefully crunching popcorn and drinking soda while the house fell down around us. If I had to guess the number of books she read during that time, I would place the number at somewhere in the neighborhood of forty thousand."
Author: Haven Kimmel
24. "Gazzy: "What does that mean?" (points to metal plaque warning to stay off the third rail that said Stay off the third rail!)Fang: "It means the third rail has seven hundred volts of direct current running through it. Touch it and you're human popcorn."
Author: James Patterson
25. "I devour buttered handshakes like other people scarf down popcorn. I like eating meetings."
Author: Jarod Kintz
26. "Hindi ba't masarap isipin na ang dalagang kahati mo sa popcorn sa mga movie dates noong high school at ang babaeng nagpapahid ng pain killer sa nirarayuma mong tuhod, ay iisa?"
Author: Jayson G. Benedicto
27. "Hey!" Dawson yelled from the front door. "I think Dee caught the microwave on fire. Again. And I tried popping some popcorn with my hands and it kind of went wrong. Like really, really wrong."Daemon pressed his forehead against mine and growled. "Dammit."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
28. "I'm just sorry. Sorry that there won't be any more camping trips for kids or rock bands or even new books to read. No more movies or fresh bags of popcorn. It really sucks when you think about it. Of course, there is the possibility that we might be able to win this war, but not for a very long time. Probably longer than you and I will ever exist in this world.""I try not to think about it.""Sometimes it's all I ever think about."
Author: Jeyn Roberts
29. "I didn't have any ambition to produce big mainstream popcorn movies."
Author: Jodie Foster
30. "I think whether you're a movie critic and have seen a million movies, or you're just a normal popcorn movie watcher, you can tell the difference when someone is just laying it on too thick."
Author: Josh Peck
31. "There was so much unpleasantness in the workaday world. The last thing you ever wanted to do at night was go home and do the dishes. And just the idea that part of the weekend had to be dedicated to getting the oil changed and doing the laundry was enough to make those of us still full from lunch want to lie down in the hallway and force anyone dumb enough to remain committed to walk around us. It might not be so bad. They could drop food down to us, or if that was not possible, crumbs from their PowerBars and bags of microwave popcorn surely would end up within an arm's length sooner or later. The cleaning crews, needing to vacuum, would inevitably turn us on our sides, preventing bedsores, and we would make little toys out of runs in the carpet, which, in moments of extreme regression, we might suck on for comfort."
Author: Joshua Ferris
32. "Throughout the movie, we moved to eat popcorn, shifted to get comfortable, only to end up uncomfortable; an awkward dance of keeping my hands and parts from familiar and unfamiliar areas of Echo's divine body. I was capable of being a gentleman for the length of one movie, at least. The credits roled and my left hand, which I'd placed behind my head to avoid her tempting tummy, tingled with numbness.My patience finaly snapped. "This is ridiculous." I swept her up and swung her over my shoulder, her bare feet dangling in front of me.Tinkling laughter filed the room. "What are you doing?" I tossed her onto the bed. Her fire-red hair sprawled over the pilow. My siren smiled up at me."Getting comfortable," I said. " -Noah's POV"
Author: Katie McGarry
33. "Happy ending roll creditspick our way out, overcrushed pieces of popcornto emergeinto the glaring light of day"
Author: Kelly Bingham
34. "Well, I'm a consumer as well. I go to the movies with my popcorn and believe everything I see."
Author: Kelly Lynch
35. "Occasionally, in the stillness of a taxi or an airplane, she would catalog the pleasures she had lost. Cigarettes. Chewing gum. Strong mint toothpaste. Any food with hard edges or sharp corners that could pierce or abrade the inside of her mouth: potato chips, croutons, crunchy peanut butter. Any food that was more than infinitesimally, protozoically, spicy or tangy or salty or acidic: pesto or Worcestershire sauce, wasabi or anchovies, tomato juice or movie-theater popcorn. Certain pamphlets and magazines whose paper carried a caustic wafting chemical scent she could taste as she turned the pages. Perfume. Incense. Library books. Long hours of easy conversation. The ability to lick an envelope without worrying that the glue had irritated her mouth. The knowledge that if she heard a song she liked, she could sing along to it in all her dreadful jubilant tunelessness. The faith that if she bit her tongue, she would soon feel better rather than worse."
Author: Kevin Brockmeier
36. "I really wanted the MTV Award the most, It was a golden popcorn container and it looks really neat."
Author: Kirsten Dunst
37. "Think hard about your stomach, the fullness of it, the possibility if more was introduced that it may need to purge some to fit the rest and then tell me if you really want popcorn."
Author: Kristen Ashley
38. "'Antiques Roadshow' is my favorite show. Every Monday night I have one hour of appointment television. I get the popcorn out and tell my husband, 'Don't bother me.'"
Author: Lara Spencer
39. "If you were to take a plastic bag and place it inside a large bowl, and then, using a wooden spoon, stir the bag around and around the bowl, you could use the expression 'a mixed bag' to describe what you had in front of you, but you would not be using the expression in the same way I am about to use it now. Although 'a mixed bag' sometimes refers to a plastic bag that has been stirred in a bowl, more often it is used to describe a situation that has both good parts and bad parts. An afternoon at a movie theater, for instance, would be a mixed bag if you favourite movie were showing but if you had to eat gravel instead of popcorn. A trip to the zoo would be a very mixed bag if the weather were beautiful, but all the man- and woman-eating lions were running around loose."
Author: Lemony Snicket
40. "1."Ahem. I know you hate Mondays, madam, but you picked the absolutely wrong one to play hooky. Or be sick. Yes, I suppose it's vaguely possible that you are actually sick. Anyway, here we are at lunch, Sadie and I, witnessing total social disorder. Your friend Alexander Bainbridge is sitting at the usual table, but facing the room. Amanda Alstead is sitting at Table One. Or, should I say,sitting more or less on a Phillite senior boy, whose name is unimportant, at Table One. A very nice young lady at the next table over-you know, the one who writes about Mr. Darcy-has just informeed us that Amanda dumpled Alex over the break. On Thanksgiving Day,no less. By e-mail. No telling how much truth is there, but a lot more than a kernal, I would say. We have a large, seven-dollar bag o' movie popcorn here. Thought you'd like to know. Call me."
Author: Melissa Jensen
41. "The best is when we all go at once, like an army of interrelated popcorn zombies who laugh the same laughs and gasp the same gasps and aren't so germ-phobic with each other that we won't share a ginormous Coke with one straw. Family is useful like that."
Author: Rachel Cohn
42. "What if I was the sexual equivalent of popcorn? Suitable for light snacking only?"
Author: Rachel Vincent
43. "Well, once I did 'Grease,' everyone was offering me studio pictures in a similar vein - you know, popcorn movie."
Author: Randal Kleiser
44. "Have you ever pondered the miracle of popcorn? It starts out as a tiny, little, compact kernel with magic trapped inside that when agitated, bursts to create something marvelously desirable. It's sort of like those tiny, little thoughts trapped inside an author's head that?in an excited explosion of words?suddenly become a captivating fairytale!"
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
45. "I wished I stayed at the movies, where I could have at least had some popcorn with my drama."
Author: Robin Benway
46. "Is Lisa going to the prom?'I shelved my worries for the moment. 'I don't know, Mom. We don't talk about the You-Know-What. We made a pact.'You could go together, if you didn't want to mess with dates and things.'I don't want to mess with the prom at all, Mom.'She ignored me, placidly eating popcorn, piece by piece.'Some girls in my high school class did that and had a wonderful time. They weren't lesbians or anything. Not that it would matter if they were.'That's nice, Mom. I'm glad you're so open-minded.' I grabbed my Coke and the popcorn bowl and headed for the stairs, because I could go my whole life without ever hearing my mother talk about lesbians again.Maybe you could take Justin to the prom,' she called after me, laughter in her voice. 'He is such a hottie.'Shoot me now."
Author: Rosemary Clement Moore
47. "To live in Metropolis was to know that the exceptional was as commonplace as diet soda, that abnormality was the popcorn norm."
Author: Salman Rushdie
48. "Whoa, what is this? Battle of the Sarcastic and Pissed? Should I make popcorn? Forget American Idol, man. This is much more entertaining. (Kish)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
49. "You want to start some shit, boy? Let's go outside. (Devyn)Oh, good. I'm just in time for another round of Grand Testosterone Overdose. Ooooh, Alix, Claira…anyone got popcorn? Or maybe I should get Taryn? Then we could insult his manhood and watch him pop a gasket, too. (Zarina)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
50. "I want to see this video," I say."Seriously?" asks Tattoo. "Want popcorn too?"
Author: Susan Ee
Quotes About Popcorn Pictures