Famous Quotes About Porcupine
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Porcupine.
Top Quotes About Porcupine
1. "Robby called me Porcupine because of how I wore my hair. I didn't mind. Everyone else called me Austin.Austin Szerba.It is Polish."
Author: Andrew Smith
2. "We were arguing about which beach you wanted me to take you to. We were going swimming after school.""Liar." With a capital L. Swimming-drowning-falls on my to-do list somewhere below giving birth to porcupines."Oh, wait. You're right. We were arguing about when the Titanic actually sank. We had already agreed to go to my house to swim."Bells are going off in my head, but not the kind that should be ringing if this were true. I don't remember talking about the beach at all, but I do remember answering the question about the Titanic in Mr. Pinter's class. Even Galen, wielding his smile as a thought deterrent, couldn't have talked me into getting in the water, could he? "I...I don't believe you." I decide as I say it. "I wouldn't get that upset about a date. Historical or otherwise."He shrugs. "It surprised me, too."I raise a BS brow. "Why would you argue about the date anyway? You could Google it all over the place and get the same answer."
Author: Anna Banks
3. "I do declare! I'd rather jump barefoot off a six-foot step ladder into a five-gallon bucket full of porcupines than see anything gad happen to you.""I don'y think that's necessary , but the situation scares me a little"
Author: Ashlyn Chase
4. "Writing Vampire Erotica is like writing sex scenes for porcupines."
Author: Benjamin R. Smith
5. "It felt like an eternity before he gingerly lifted himself from the table and staggered backwards. Glass shards protruded from chest to groin. The guy looked like a bloody porcupine. A cute, tall bloody porcupine. I'm tall too. Five foot ten. But he had at least four inches on me, even with my thick-heeled boots."What's your name?" he slurred. While visions of reckless homicide charges danced in my head, I contemplated using an alias. Finally, I said my real name, "Sam.""Nice to meet you, Sammers. I'm Jake," he said."
Author: Betsy Cook Speer
6. "A few said they'd be horses. Most said they'd be some sort of cat. My friend said she'd like to come back as a porcupine. I don't like crowds, she said."
Author: Brian Andreas
7. "Cobb was in a Klan group back in the 60's, and told me stories about how they used to throw live 'coons, possums, porcupines, or ganders into Black houses at night in attempts to run them out of Johnston and Harnett County. Cobb said that late one night, he and three or four other local rednecks snuck up on the house of one Black family, peered through the window and saw a huge Black woman sitting in front of a TV watching Gunsmoke, with a gang of children all around her.The window was open and Cobb threw a live possum in her lap. Cobb said she squalled about the loudest and longest he'd ever heard, and jumped about four feet up in the air. Cobb then ran and jumped into a nearby ditch to observe what would happen next, and it wasn't long before they saw the Black woman bust out of the back door and run across a cotton field with a trail of children behind. Cobb said she was as wide as three rows of cotton, but fast and agile. She outran all the young'uns."
Author: Frazier Glenn Miller
8. "Follow that porcupine!"
Author: Gail Carriger
9. "Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling porcupine," she crooned. "Little critters fried like fritters come out crunchy and divine."
Author: Gregory Maguire
10. "I want to be in the Guinness Book of World Record's for something ridiculous like juggling poison-tipped porcupines, playing the piano blindfolded while tightrope walking in tights, or throwing a rubber ball in a circular rim adorned with a dangling white nylon net."
Author: Jarod Kintz
11. "Etiquette was so confounding in this country. Still, looking at Mirabella-her fists balled together like small, white porcupines, her brows knitted in animal confusion-I felt a throb of compassion. How can people live like they do? I wondered. Then I congragulated myself. This was a Stage 3 thought."
Author: Karen Russell
12. "Shad ignored my sudden lack of interest. "Stop overanalyzing and be happy. You should try the Shad lifestyle, Miss Winters. It's more panda bear and less porcupine.""Huh?""More black and white and cuddly, and less, well... alone and pointy."
Author: Kirby Howell
13. "PricklyWhen I'm feelingporcupine-y,I get nasty,I get whiny.Stay away orI might stick you.My sharp words arequills to prick you."
Author: Laura Purdie Salas
14. "There is an old German fable about porcupines who need to huddle together for warmth, but are in danger of hurting each other with their spines. When they find the optimum distance to share each other's warmth without putting each other's eyes out, their state of contrived cooperation is called good manners. Well, those old German fabulists certainly knew a thing or two. When you acknowledge other people politely, the signal goes out, "I'm here. You're there. I'm staying here. You're staying there. Aren't we both glad we sorted that out?" When people don't acknowledge each other politely, the lesson from the porcupine fable is unmistakeable. "Freeze or get stabbed, mate. It's your choice."
Author: Lynne Truss
15. "If you start throwing hedgehogs under me, I shall throw a couple of porcupines under you."
Author: Nikita Khrushchev
16. "Rose goblins are built like porcupines - if you rub them the right way, you don't have to worry about the spines. They're sort of like people in that regard, too."
Author: Seanan McGuire
17. "Oh yeah, this was so comforting. Like a porcupine in a condom factory.' (Danger)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
18. "I'm a little busy to help you find women, Storm." – Evalle"Talking to you is more challenging than petting a porcupine." – Storm"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
19. "A wonderful point in favor of some kind of hereafter is this: When the mind rejects as childishly absurd a paradise with musical angels or abstract colonnades with Horace and Milton in togas conversing and walking together through the eternal twilight, or the protracted voluptas of the orient or any other eternity -- such as the one with devils and porcupines -- we forget that if we could have imagined life before living it would have seemed more improbable than all our hereafters"
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
Quotes About Porcupine Pictures