Famous Quotes About Positive Change
Browse 58 famous quotes and sayings about Positive Change.
Top Quotes About Positive Change
1. "People don't believe in positive changes anymore."
Author: Alexei Navalny
2. "Instead of going back and looking at the question, people tinker with the solution, trying to make it fit."-Claude Legrande..."The consequences of failing to do that [in our personal lives] are the same as those facing businesses - even more dire, perhaps, because what's being squandered isn't just the potential for profits. It's the potential for happiness. We miss opportunities to innovate and to make positive changes in our lives when we aren't willing to question ourselves."
Author: Amanda Lang
3. "In Re-framing, you interpret the event in a positive way. You change your language . Instead if defining it as a problem you re-frame it as a situation . A problem is something that is upsetting and stressful. A situation is something that you simply deal with ."
Author: Brian Tracy
4. "It was fun to see him becoming sententious again, glorying in a science he had invented, and as positive as a village soothsayer.'So one should neither give nor receive?' I laughed. 'And if the lover is poor, his mistress indigent, then both she and he must tactfully let themselves and each other die?''Let them die,' he repeated.I had accompanied him as far as the revolving glass door of the lobby.'Let them die,' he said again. 'It's less dangerous. I can swear on my word of honor that I never gave a present or made a loan or an exchange of anything except . . . this . . .'He waved both hands in a complicated gesture which fleetingly indicated his chest, his mouth, his genitals, his thighs. Thanks no doubt to my fatigue, I was reminded of an animal standing on its hind legs and unwinding the invisible. Then he resumed his strictly human significance, opened the door, and easily mingled with the night outside, where the sea was already a little paler than the sky."
5. "Courage is behind every positive change that unlocks cages that's been locked for ages"
Author: Constance Chuks Friday
6. "Each season I find myself constantly inspired by 'The Biggest Loser' contestants. Their tenacity and willingness to learn new, healthy habits is tremendous and the results speak for themselves. I am honored to be part of such an inspiring program that helps inspire positive change in so many lives."
Author: Curtis Stone
7. "One cannot, without reflection, make some into bearers of goodness and others into miscreants, judging them by relative positive or negative criteria. These, like everything else, change according to historical circumstances, the character of a society, the time and subjective points of view."
Author: Daisaku Ikeda
8. "Buddhism holds that everything is in constant flux. Thus the question is whether we are to accept change passively and be swept away by it or whether we are to take the lead and create positive changes on our own initiative. While conservatism and self-protection might be likened to winter, night, and death, the spirit of pioneering and attempting to realize ideals evokes images of spring, morning, and birth."
Author: Daisaku Ikeda
9. "Nobody really enjoys having to pacify their feelings. It's too much like failure; it reminds you of weakness. but feelings don't want to be pacified, either. They want to be fulfilled. You fulfill your positive feelings (love, hope, optimism, appreciation, approval) by connecting with other people, expressing your best self. You fulfill your negative feelings by releasing them. Your whole system recognizes negative feelings as toxic. It's futile to bottle them up, divert them, ignore them, or try to rise above them. Either negativity is leaving or it's hanging on - it has no other alternative. As you fulfill emotions, your brain will change and form new patterns, which is the whole goal."
Author: Deepak Chopra
10. "Although life is filled with twists and turns, only you have the ability to make positive changes to your life. You can do it. One day at a time! ~ Taken from "Words of Wisdom for Warriors" by EM.EM.Genesis"
Author: E.M. E.M. Genesis
11. "Love, Hope, and Reverence are realities of a different order from the senses, but they are positive and constant facts, always active, always working out mighty changes in human life."
Author: Elizabeth Blackwell
12. "The birth of democracy in Iraq is one of the great positive changes of our era."
Author: Ernest Istook
13. "Stay positive. When you resist change, you are trying too hard to control the outcome and not paying enough attention to the process."
Author: James Van Praagh
14. "Positivity can be a negative," I tell her, "if it's used to diminish events that should be cause for concern. Saying 'bad things happen to good people' or "God doesn't give anyone more than they can handle', for instance, isn't necessarily helpful to the person to whom something bad happened--it is much more beneficial to those who wish to be dismissive- who don't really care to think about the why or how or who. And if we cease to see the real human part in events--if instead, we relegate human experiences to some sort of mystical concept like karma, destiny or everything happens for a reason, and consider more realistic views to be negative--then we diminish compassion and empathy, as well as the possibility of positive change."
Author: Jane Devin
15. "They've been fairly positive, as firm as they could be in regards to the derivatives operations in Montreal. We didn't sense that there was a hesitation about it. But things change."
Author: Jean Charest
16. "I believe in entrepreneurs. I believe in their ability to make positive change in the world."
Author: Jessica Jackley
17. "When you decide that you are going to do whatever it takes for as long as it takes, sometime during your seemingly infinite journey the weathervane will just change direction and the new winds of positive change will blow at your back instead of into your face and things will just get easier and you will start to see progress right out of the blue.When that day happens you will know that it is just a matter of time.And time is what I have."
Author: John A. Passaro
18. "People in one of two states in a relationship. The first is what I call positive sentiment override, where positive emotion overrides irritability. It's a buffer. Their spouse will do something bad, and they'll say,'Oh, he's just in a crummy mood.'Or they can be in negative sentiment override, said that even a relatively new tool thing that a partner says get perceived as negative. In negative sentiment override state, people draw lasting conclusions about each other. If their spouse does something positive, it's a selfish person doing a positive thing. It's really hard to change their states, and those states determine whether when one party tries to repair things, the other party sees that as repair or hostile manipulation."
Author: John Gottberg
19. "I get so excited when I hear people saying their greater is coming. After all, I'm always telling everyone to find the positive. Yes, your greater is coming, but what are you doing to prepare for it? Are you putting in more time/hours? Are you getting professional help? Are you studying? Are you praying? Are you making room? Are you saving? Are you making positive changes? Or are you just sitting back waiting for this greater? Greater can only be achieved by faith AND works."
Author: J'son M. Lee
20. "Just as the rain carries positive ions, so does change make you more apt to experience love with an expansive heart."
Author: Julieanne O'Connor
21. "We who work in technology have nurtured an especially rare gift: the opportunity to effect change at an unprecedented scale and rate. Technology, community, and capitalism combine to make Silicon Valley the potential epicenter of vast positive change."
Author: Justin Rosenstein
22. "The way you will change depends on how you think today.Your thoughts will carry you out to the end. Will you change for the positive or will you change for the negative. It is up to you. You are in charge of your destiny, your path, your life."
Author: Kenneth G. Ortiz
23. "My whole thing is just to put out positive messages in the music, give people something that can change their lives."
Author: Kid Cudi
24. "If the amount of money going into the war economy were invested in landscape restoration, we would be in a far more positive position. It may get a little dire before we pull together, but I think when the prosperous nations, and in particular the U.S., realize they're wrecking their own kids' lives, there will be a mass change in value."
Author: Kim Stanley Robinson
25. "I've realized the extraordinary power of sports to heal, unite and inspire. I believe the Olympics will serve as the ultimate platform to provide positive changes and I hope to inspire all of Japan through my strong showing there."
Author: Kohei Uchimura
26. "The thing that lies at the foundation of positive change, the way I see it, is service to a fellow human being."
Author: Lee Iacocca
27. "...knowing about your past lives is worse than useless if that knowledge doesn't bring you some kind of positive change or healing."
Author: Lianne Downey
28. "It was the Law of Attraction that she was referring to, and it was something I had always understood on a certain, nebulous level but rarely had paid attention to until a situation got so extreme that I had no other choice but to listen because I was out of other options. Like attracts like. Positive attracts positive, negative attracts negative. Change your outlook, change your day-to-day experience, change your future, change your world. Now that I was more conscious of it, I was working to enact it more into my life by making better choices and opening myself to the change that appeared for me to reach out and experience. That was key, too--being open to the change and allowing it to happen. Not being too afraid to experience something efferent and unfamiliar. Allowing yourself to stretch and grow in new ways of being. Change was scary, but it was exciting, too. It all comes back to you and your outlook."
Author: Madelyn Alt
29. "Women tell me they are different since 21 May - the day I was arrested - it's a positive change, they believe now."
Author: Manal Al Sharif
30. "Mr. Albert Einstein was right: If you feel you need to go one way, even when everyone else is going the other way, do so, do so to make positive changes in your life and for this world. I guarantee you, that you will never regret that decision. Believe in yourself, other people will also believe you in time. I believe in you. Yes, I believe in you."
Author: Martin R. Lemieux
31. "I saw, during the midterm campaign of 2006, how difficult it was for opponents of stem cell research to run against hope. And so it was in the 2008 presidential contest. This was hope in the collective, a definition that should always apply to the expression of a people's political will. Christopher Reeve had believed in a formula: optimism + information = hope. In this case, the informing agent was us. Granted, it may all look different in six months to a year, but it is hard not to be buoyed by the desire for positive change as articulated and advanced by Barack Obama. It is okay to hope. This time the aspiration of many will not be derided as desperation by a few, as it was during the stem cell debate of '06.By the time you read this book, President Obama and the 111th Congress will have established federal funding for stem cell research. The dam has broken.Just as I'd hoped."
Author: Michael J. Fox
32. "You won't ever get ahead if you keep feeling sorry for yourself. You must stop all the negative talk and start thinking positive. You have a lot of potential but your life won't change until you change how you think"."
Author: Michele Woolley
33. "A simple truth delivered in kindness may be the impetus that ignites a passionate fire in another's soul and goes on to become the source of motivation for positive change."
Author: Molly Friedenfeld
34. "You must try to have a positive attitude. It does not matter how small a person is. One can still change the future. Size is only a state of mind. You know – it is how you use your wits that counts. Nothing can stop us, if we put our hearts into it. Anything is achievable girls, anything at all!"
Author: Nathalie M. Leblanc
35. "When we actually are inspired to engage in learning processes we gain considerable benefits. These positive change processes are more about curiosity than accumulating knowledge. For children, learning plays a vital role in developing their cognitive and social skills, but throughout our life course learning benefits our self-confidence and our sense of purpose, as well as building our competencies. There is some evidence that older people who engage in learning activities suffer less from depression and low moods. In addition, the process of setting goals and seeking to accomplish them is known to improve our well-being, especially with the sense of achievement it brings."
Author: Nic Marks
36. "You don't need to invade a place or install a new government to help bring about a positive change."
Author: Nicholas D. Kristof
37. "Positive change is mobile, if you don't push it, it won't move but when you push it, it will definitely move with you."
Author: Peter A Preye
38. "Financial institutions, the corporate world and civil society - all must uphold high standards of probity in their working. Only a genuine partnership between the Government and its people can bring about positive change to create a just society."
Author: Pratibha Patil
39. "To be a librarian is not to be neutral, or passive, or waiting for a question. It is to be a radical positive change agent within your community."
Author: R. David Lankes
40. "Be fanatically positive and militantly optimistic. If something is not to your liking, change your liking."
Author: Rick Steves
41. "If you have an ongoing relationship with a person, think of everything positive about that person that you possibly can and enter your interaction from that space. Ignore all the crap that used to drive you up the wall before. You will be amazed at what a change this attitude shift brings about."
Author: Srikumar Rao
42. "Do not dilute the truth of your potential. We often convince ourselves that we cannot change, that we cannot overcome the circumstances of our lives. That is simply not true. You have been blessed with immeasurable power to make positive changes in your life. But you can't just wish it, you can't just hope it, you can't just want it... you have to LIVE it, BE it, DO it."
Author: Steve Maraboli
43. "The world of man in the world of nature, cannot be change without physical appearance leads to positive possess by the initial human nature and could be change by habits of man. ."
Author: Syed Afroz Alam
44. "THE INITIAL STEP IN INDIVIDUAL TRANSFORMATION REQUIRES THAT YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE HONEST, OPEN, & VUNERABLE TO ADMIT YOUR SHORTCOMINGS; LOOK AT THE PATH YOU'VE TRAVELED; ACKNOWLEDGE ,THAT UNFAVORABLE EVENTS QUITE POSSIBLY WERE THE CONSEQUENSE OF YOUR POOR CHOICES; DEVELOPE A STRATEGY TO GET BACK ON TRACK WITH A WELL ALLUMINATED PATHWAY FOR REASONABLY ACHIEVABLE SUCCESS, WHATEVER WAY YOU DEFINE IT; AND KNOWING WHAT IS REQUIRED: POSSESING THE COURAGE, WILLINGNESS, & DESIRE TO IMPLEMENT POSITIVE CHANGE; CONSTANTLY & CONSISTENTLY FOREVER CHALLENGING YOURS ELF TO STRIVE FOR GREATNESS."
Author: TA Guimont
45. "Well, I think the president is going to do well in terms of his influence for positive change here in the Congress, making sure that we don't overspend, making sure that we spend for only those programs that are justified."
Author: Thad Cochran
46. "When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like the lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and argument. That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change"
Author: Thích Nhất Hạnh
47. "Optimists are usually wrong. But all the great change in history, positive change, was done by optimists."
Author: Thomas Friedman
48. "What you need to drive out an old passion, is a new passion, a greater passion. What you need is an over-mastering positive passion. [...] Just as Rachel was Jacob's over-mastering passion, the passion of his life, Jesus is our "Rachel". To the degree, that you see Jesus on the cross, loosing absolutely everything for you, He will become a beauty to you, He will become so beautiful in your eyes that you'll be able to change these things that controlyou now, they'll loose their power.Do you know how to work on your heart like that? It's only by rejoicing in and resting in what Jesus Christ has done for you. Then you can replace your idols. And if you really want to change and want to pound the Gospel more deeply into your heart - Jesus Christ must become your over-mastering positive passion."
Author: Timothy Keller
49. "Staying positive in a negative world will not only better your life but will also change it in more ways than you can ever imagine."
Author: Timothy Pina
50. "It's an amazing experience when you focus on the positive things in your life. Things start to change. You become happier. You see things differently. There might still be negative things there, but like an airplane flying overhead, they become the background noise of your mind."
Author: Tom Giaquinto
Quotes About Positive Change Pictures