Famous Quotes About Praising God Through The Storm
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Praising God Through The Storm.
Top Quotes About Praising God Through The Storm
1. "I've done so many funny jobs. I worked at a farmer's market through high school. I worked in the stock room of Ralph Lauren. I graduated to salesperson at Ralph Lauren, which was a big deal to me. I've been a P.A. I've been a stand-in. I've been an assistant's assistant."
Author: Allison Williams
2. "And one of my other friends could not believe in God if he came down and tapped her on the shoulder. She's a biologist - a student at UCLA - and I don't judge her either, because I really believe that God is a personal opinion, and only that."
Author: Amber Tamblyn
3. "What God has planned for the Church in this hour is greater than our ability to imagine and pray."
Author: Bill Johnson
4. "I think each village was meant to feel pity for its own sick and poor whom it can help and I doubt if it is the duty of any private person to fix his mind on ills which he cannot help. This may even become an escape from the works of charity we really can do to those we know. God may call any one of us to respond to some far away problem or support those who have been so called. But we are finite and he will not call us everywhere or to support every worthy cause. And real needs are not far from us."
Author: C.S. Lewis
5. "In the deepest places, where physical norms collapse under the crushing water, bodies still fall softly through the dark, days after their vessels have capsized. They decay on their long journey down. Nothing will hit the black sand at the bottom of the world but algae-covered bones."
Author: China Miéville
6. "Of course. I don't want you to go through that alone. If something hurt you enough to make you want to forget it, I want to help you get through it. let's chase these dreams away, Pax."
Author: Courtney Cole
7. "The only two things that scare me are God and the IRS."
Author: Dr. Dre
8. "It was a place to bless God in and cease from vain words."
Author: Elizabeth Von Arnim
9. "For a week, almost without speaking, they went ahead like sleepwalkers through a universe of grief, lighted only by the tenuous reflection of luminous insects, and their lungs were overwhelmed by a suffocating smell of blood."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
10. "But he asked himself now if he would not be disobeying God. And does not God permit love, since He surrounds it with such visible splendor?"
Author: Guy De Maupassant
11. "When he looks back at me, his eyes travel around my face the way fingers dart through the bottom of a drawer, searching for batteries in a blackout."
Author: Holly Schindler
12. "Air warfare is a shot through the brain, not a hacking to pieces of the enemy's body."
Author: J. F. C. Fuller
13. "The Jewish faith in Jesus' day was dominated by rabbis—teachers of the law. Their doctrine was thorough. Jesus told them, "You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life" (John 5:39–40, italics added). They knew the written word of God very well, but not the living Word, even as he stood before them."
Author: Jim Cymbala
14. "The more I pursue God, the more I realize that he is inherently different from us. He does not protect his possessions and hoard his toys. He does not look forways to make us jealous of him, though he, the God Most High, is jealous for us."
Author: John D. Richardson
15. "Nationalism - in other words, the dividing of the church into bodies - consisting of such and such a nation, is a novelty, not above three centuries old, although many dear children of God are found dwelling in it."
Author: John Nelson Darby
16. "Sometimes God allows what he hates to accomplish what he loves."
Author: Joni Eareckson Tada
17. "With TV, you have so much to get done during the day that you don't really have a lot of time to feel your way through it. I know before I walk on the set exactly what I'm going to do. With film you can kind of find your way in it a little more, play with it some."
Author: Lee Pace
18. "I can see his pain, see it in the way he runs his fingers through his hair, over and over, and I understand what it costs him to hide it all."
Author: Libba Bray
19. "In organizations, real power and energy is generated through relationships. The patterns of relationships and the capacities to form them are more important than tasks, functions, roles, and positions."
Author: Margaret J. Wheatley
20. "Does God guarantee the absence of struggle and the abundance of strength? Not in this life. But he does pledge to reweave your pain for a higher purpose."
Author: Max Lucado
21. "My words to each of you, although completely inadequate, are simple and heartfelt: Go live a purposeful, authentic, God-filled life. Don't get so caught up in the "after" that you forget how to "become," or why you started your journey to a better you in the first place. You have the ability to face your fears and live the life you never thought possible. Go live life. God will be patiently waiting as you find out what becoming fearless means in your own story."
Author: Michelle Aguilar
22. "Chicago happened slowly, like a migraine. First they were driving through countryside, then, imperceptibly, the occasional town became a low suburban sprawl, and the sprawl became the city."
Author: Neil Gaiman
23. "Simplicity, clarity, singleness: These are the attributes that give our lives power and vividness and joy as they are also the marks of great art. They seem to be the purpose of God for his whole creation."
Author: Richard Holloway
24. "The White GoddessAll saints revile her, and all sober menRuled by the God Apollo's golden mean -In scorn of which we sailed to find herIn distant regions likeliest to hold herWhom we desired above all things to know,Sister of the mirage and echo.It was a virtue not to stay,To go our headstrong and heroic waySeeking her out at the volcano's head,Among pack ice, or where the track had fadedBeyond the cavern of the seven sleepers:Whose broad high brow was white as any leper's,Whose eyes were blue, with rowan-berry lips,With hair curled honey-coloured to white hips.The sap of Spring in the young wood a-stirWill celebrate with green the Mother,And every song-bird shout awhile for her;But we are gifted, even in NovemberRawest of seasons, with so huge a senseOf her nakedly worn magnificenceWe forget cruelty and past betrayal,Heedless of where the next bright bolt may fall."
Author: Robert Graves
25. "But the scrawny, powerless man with his arms outstretched on the cross had at some point reclaimed Otsu. Still, that doesn't change the fact that I won. With startling rapacity God had merely picked up a man I discarded."
Author: Shūsaku Endō
26. "I remember the early 1980s, when I first got one of these fabulous film critic jobs. The downside was sitting through 'Splatteria III: The Dismembering of the Clampett Clan' or 'The Oklahoma Meatgrinder Massacre' or some such. The headaches unleashed by watching attractive kids die week after week after week cannot be imagined."
Author: Stephen Hunter
27. "In recent years my understanding of God had evolved into increasingly remote abstractions. I'd come to think of God in terms like Divine Reality, the Absolute, or the One who holds us in being. I do believe that God is beyond any form and image, but it has grown clear to me that I need an image in order to relate. I need an image in order to carry on an intimate conversation with what is so vast, amorphous, mysterious, and holy that it becomes ungraspable. I mean, really, how to you become intimate with Divine Reality? Or the Absolute?"
Author: Sue Monk Kidd
28. "The barber ran to the broken window, and saw Gavroche, who was running with all his might towards the Saint Jean market. On passing the barber's shop, Gavroche, who had the two children on his mind, could not resist the desire to bid him "good day", and had sent a stone through his sash."See!" screamed the barber, who from white had become blue, "he makes mischief. What has anybody done to this Gamin?"
Author: Victor Hugo
29. "You will be taken through training, tests and practice of being about to tell the difference between what's counterfeit over what is real. During training you're not taught to study the thousands of fake bills, for example, you are taught to KNOW the authentic ones. So, no matter how the counterfeit is disguised, you will immediately discern that it's not real."
Author: Yvonne Pierre
Quotes About Praising God Through The Storm Pictures