Famous Quotes About Prayer Bible
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Prayer Bible.
Top Quotes About Prayer Bible
1. "Lucien bent and searched through the scraps of paper at Loki's stone feet for the blood-kissed prayer Dante had placed among them. Finding it, he plucked it from the pile and straightened.The fading essence of creawdwr blood magic tingled against his fingers. Unfolding the liquor store receipt, he read the words scrawled in Dante's lefty slant: Watch over her, ma mère. S'il te plaît, keep her safe. Even from me.Lucien reread the prayer until the words blurred. He closed his fingers around the receipt, the paper crinkling against his palm. He had no doubt who she was — Special Agent Heather Wallace.Wounded, his child, yes. Damaged, yes. But Dante's heart was whole and in love, it seemed, with a mortal. Perhaps Heather Wallace could bind Dante and help keep his sanity from unraveling.Insanity. The fate of an unbound creawdwr."
Author: Adrian Phoenix
2. "Help" is a prayer that is always answered. It doesn't matter how you pray--with your head bowed in silence, or crying out in grief, or dancing. Churches are good for prayer, but so are garages and cars and mountains and showers and dance floors. Years ago I wrote an essay that began, "Some people think that God is in the details, but I have come to believe that God is in the bathroom."
Author: Anne Lamott
3. "Welcome Morning"There is joyin all:in the hair I brush each morning,in the Cannon towel, newly washed,that I rub my body with each morning,in the chapel of eggs I cookeach morning,in the outcry from the kettlethat heats my coffeeeach morning,in the spoon and the chairthat cry "hello there, Anne"each morning,in the godhead of the tablethat I set my silver, plate, cup uponeach morning.All this is God,right here in my pea-green houseeach morningand I mean,though often forget,to give thanks,to faint down by the kitchen tablein a prayer of rejoicingas the holy birds at the kitchen windowpeck into their marriage of seeds.So while I think of it,let me paint a thank-you on my palmfor this God, this laughter of the morning,lest it go unspoken.The Joy that isn't shared, I've heard,dies young."
Author: Anne Sexton
4. "...And in prayer this real I struggles to speak, for once from his being, and to address, for once, not the other actors, but--what shall I call Him? the Author, for He invented us all? The Producer, for He controls all? Or the Audience, for He watches, and will judge the performance? The attempt is not to escape from space and time and from my creaturely situation as a subject facing objects. It is more modest: to re-awaken the awareness of that situation. If that can be done, there is no need to go anywhere else. This situation itself is, at every moment, a possible theophany. Here is the holy ground; the Bush is burning now."
Author: C.S. Lewis
5. "A concentrated mind and a sitting body make for better prayer than a kneeling body and a mind half asleep."
Author: C.S. Lewis
6. "Should it concern us that the bible never calls us to ask Jesus into our hearts. Should it concern us that the bible never mentions such a superstitious sinners prayer and yet that is exactly what we have sold to so many as salvation."
Author: David Platt
7. "Let's face it: most of our children believe that God is happy if they're "good for goodness' sake." We've transformed the holy, terrifying, magnificent, and loving God of the Bible into Santa and his elves."
Author: Elyse M. Fitzpatrick
8. "It is not the ship in the water but the water in the ship that sinks it. So it is not the Christian in the world but the world in the Christian that constitutes the danger. Anything that dims my vision of Christ, or takes away my taste for Bible study, or cramps my prayer life, or makes Christian work difficult, is wrong for me, and I must, as a Christian, turn away from it. ~J. Wilbur Chapman"
Author: J. Wilbur Chapman
9. "Anything that dims my vision of Christ, or takes away my taste for Bible study, or cramps my prayer life, or makes Christian work difficult, is wrong for me, and I must, as a Christian, turn away from it."
Author: J. Wilbur Chapman
10. "I come to you for help. We've been silent far too long. Many of you have turned your backs on Arman. Many never bothered to know Him at all. But Arman is the One God. He created Er'Rets and everything in it. He gave each of you life and purpose. He loves all of you as His own sons and daughters.To defeat Darkness, we must unite our faith. We must worship the One God, Arman. We must call out to Him for mercy. Though He hears my prayer now, my voice alone is not strong enough. I am only one man. But together, we are mighty. I ask you to join with me now. Worship Him."
Author: Jill Williamson
11. "God is not a vending machine where if you put in enough prayer quarters we get a Reese's Pieces bag that pops out."
Author: Joel C. Rosenberg
12. "Ann: What if there is no God? What if the Bible isn't true?"
Author: K. Howard Joslin
13. "The joining of the whole congregation in prayer has something exceedingly solemn and affecting in it."
Author: Karl Philipp Moritz
14. "But then, a grateful heart beats in a world of miracles. If I could only speak one prayer for you, my children, it would be that your hearts would not only beat but grow ever greater in gratitude, that your lives, however long they prove to be and no matter how they end, continue to bring you miracles in abundance."
Author: Kate Braestrup
15. "A woman outside the grocery store hands you a bible and tells you that Jesus died for our sins; you flick your cigarette onto the concrete and say, "I'm about to diefor my own."
Author: Kristina Kutateladze
16. "Chanting is no more holy than listening to the murmur of a stream, couting prayer beads no more scared than simply breathing, religious robed no more spiritual than work clothes."
Author: Lao Tzu
17. "But the truth is, I can't sip from an hour-long church service on Sunday morning or dash off a hasty prayer or gulp down a daily Bible verse and expect them to sustain me any more than I can expect a glass of water to last for a week."
Author: Lynn Austin
18. "Your god may be your little Christian habit - the habit of prayer or Bible reading at certain times of your day. Watch how your Father will upset your schedule if you begin to worship your habit instead of what the habit symbolizes. We say, 'I can't do that right now; this is my time alone with God.' No, this is your time alone with your habit."
Author: Oswald Chambers
19. "If man is man and God is God, to live without prayer is not merely an awful thing: it is an infinitely foolish thing."
Author: Phillips Brooks
20. "If Miss Watson had told Huck what the Bible says about living in a resurrected body and being with people we love on a resurrected Earth with gardens and rivers and mountains and untold adventures--now that would have gotten his attention."
Author: Randy Alcorn
21. "You'll be found, your nickels, dimes and Indian-heads fused by electroplating. Abe Lincolns melted into Miss Columbias, eagles plucked raw on the backs of quarters, all run to quicksilver in your jeans. More! Any boy hit by lightning, lift his lid and there on his eyeball, pretty as the Lord's Prayer on a pin, find the last scene the boy ever saw! A box-Brownie photo, by God, of that fire climbing down the sky to blow you like a penny whistle, suck your soul back up along the bright stair!"
Author: Ray Bradbury
22. "The inspiration of the Bible depends upon the ignorance of the gentleman who reads it."
Author: Robert Green Ingersoll
23. "It was the courts, of course, that took away prayer from our schools, that took away Bible reading from our schools. It's the courts that gave us same-sex marriage. So it is quite a battlefield, and the Supreme Court is the highest court in the land."
Author: Rod Parsley
24. "That's what's great about America: that our freedom of religion allows me to interpret the Bible exactly how it fits my worldview already."
Author: Stephen Colbert
25. "(Ephesians 6:13). This is not suggested; it is commanded. The Bible would not have told us to take up the whole armor of God in order to withstand evil if evil could have been withstood without doing that."
Author: Stormie Omartian
26. "This somewhat surprised Dodger; no one had offered him a prayer before, as far as he could recall. The idea that he might have one was, on this chilly night, a welcome warmth. Cuddling that to his bosom, he led Onan up the longs stairs to bed."
Author: Terry Pratchett
27. "So we do not read the Bible simply to fill our minds, but to change our hearts. We do not read the Bible simply to be informed, but to be conformed to the image of Jesus. We read the Bible to stir our affections: our fear, our hope, our love, our desire, our confidence. We read it until our heart cries out, 'The Lord is good!"
Author: Tim Chester
28. "A spontaneous prayer makes differences and does changes."
Author: Toba Beta
29. "Temptation is stronger in the minds of people who are in doubt. Prayer makes it weaker."
Author: Toba Beta
Quotes About Prayer Bible Pictures