Famous Quotes About Premature Babies
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Premature Babies.
Top Quotes About Premature Babies
1. "Never do today what you can do tomorrow. Something may occur to make you regret your premature action."
Author: Aaron Burr
2. "Time can do all sorts of things. It's almost like a magician. It can turn autumn into spring and babies into children, seeds into flowers and tadpoles into frogs, caterpillars into cocoons, and cocoons into butterflies. And life into death. There's nothing that time can't do. Except run backwards. That's its trouble really, it can only go one way."
Author: Alex Shearer
3. "In the dewy wood tinselled with bewildering moonlight, the bumbling, tumbling babies of the fairy creche trip over the hem of her dress, which is no more nor less than the margin of the wood itself; they stumble in the tangled grass as they play with the coneys, the quick brown fox-cubs, the russet fieldmice and the wee scraps of grey voles, blind velvet Mole and striped Brock with his questing snout - all the denizens of the woodland are her embroiderings, and the birds flutter round her head, settle on her shoulders and make their nests in her great abundance of disordered hair, in which are plaited poppies and ears of wheat."
Author: Angela Carter
4. "Unfortunately, life is unfair and not all babies are brought into the world with the same amount of anticipation and affection, as others. No matter what anyone says; we are really not all given an equal start at life. And so what must children be made up of, to come into a world like this one? Children must be made up of silk. They must be brought up with a serenity in their skin but a bulletproof strength in their souls. This is the new breed of children. Ones that are soft to the touch but are truly unbreakable. And unbreakable in a beautiful way; not in a lost way."
Author: C. JoyBell C.
5. "Astolaine Bombast, catalogue woman, ordered up like a rare steak, 'plees make shore she is pritty and a whyt gurl if you have enny'.Well, she's pritty enough for homesteading but takes no ribbons at the fair. After three dead babies that fellow wanted his money back, pack her up in a box and ship her east to the wife factory."
Author: Catherynne M. Valente
6. "I want to kiss her and make love to her and marry her and make her have my babies and I want it all to happen tonight . But then we'll be out of firsts, and the firsts are the best part. Good thing I'm patient."
Author: Colleen Hoover
7. "The Christian does not avoid sin to achieve salvation, but rather salvation brings him to a desire not to sin. The closer that one's spirit is synchronized with the holy knowledge of God, the more he comprehends how and why sin is destructive to himself and others in each and every circumstance. The dwindling desire for sin is a premature gift of Heaven - where there will be no sin, where all will, too, possess that full and complete wisdom; all will have perfect reasons not to sin. In this way, free will might still exist, but the shared wisdom of God will simply outwit all desires, impulses, and needs to sin."
Author: Criss Jami
8. "I emphasize this because some of my colleagues, for whose academic attainments I have great respect, argue" 'You assume too much; this is not proved; this is not strictly scientific. We disagree with your neurology and your psychiatry is misleading, therefore you must be wrong.' My reply has been, with all humility: 'Yes, of course,' and I have returned to the labor ward to be greeted by happy women with their newborn babies in their arms: 'How right you are, Doctor, it is so much easier that way.' That is what really matters to the clinician. He should use the method that gives the best and safest result from all points of view until something better is discovered."
Author: Grantly Dick Read
9. "When a new baby laughs for the first time a new fairy is born, and as there are always new babies there are always new fairies."
Author: J.M. Barrie
10. "[Recreational exercise] does not increase the incidence of either smaller than average babies or premature labor; and it actually may decrease the incidence of both."
Author: James F. Clapp III
11. "Around 20 million premature and low-birth weight babies are born every year and are at high risk of death or disability because of hypothermia."
Author: Jane Chen
12. "I haven't the faintest idea how babies are born, probably because I fainted on the day I was born."
Author: Jarod Kintz
13. "All babies are beautiful."
Author: Jeanne Calment
14. "Fiftey years isn't too bad. With luck you might see it happen when your a sweet,old granny,dandling big fat babies on your knee. Actully"-he held up a hand,interrupting Kitty's cry of protest-"no,that's wrong. My projection is incorrect.""Good.""You'll never be a sweet old granny. Let's say,'sad,lonely old biddy' instead."
Author: Jonathan Stroud
15. "It doesn't seem FAIR, said Anne rebelliously. Babies are born and live where they are not wanted-where they will be neglected-where they have no chance. I would have loved my baby so-and cared for it tenderly-and tried to give her every chance for good. And yet I wasn't allowed to keep her."
Author: L.M. Montgomery
16. "It was like he was a caveman grunting, "You woman. Me man. Let's make babies together."
Author: Missy Lyons
17. "Are you asking us to impregnate all the females on all the ships with your DNA, so that you can be sure of having progeny?""No!" said Ram in horror. "What a terrible thing for a woman, to wake up pregnant- a violation of trust. It would destroy all nineteen colonies.""Not to mention being embarrassing when all the babies look like you."
Author: Orson Scott Card
18. "Most of us would do more for our babies than we have ever been willing to do for anyone, even ourselves."
Author: Polly Berrien Berends
19. "Two premature babies was not a genetic thing; we were just unlucky."
Author: Sophie Ellis Bextor
20. "I think he's informing himself, reaching out and getting ideas and information and advice. I haven't the slightest doubt that internally taking shape in that marvelous brain of his is a philosophy of foreign affairs. But it would be premature to say that one is fully formed."
Author: Theodore C. Sorensen
21. "Now and again, one could detect in a childless woman of a certain age the various characteristics of all the children she had never issued. Her body was haunted by the ghost of souls who hadn't lived yet. Premature ghosts. Half-ghosts. X's without Y's. Y's without X's. They applied at her womb and were denied, but, meant for her and no one else, they wouldn't go away. Like tiny ectoplasmic gophers, they hunkered in her tear ducts. They shone through her sighs. Often to her chagrin, they would soften the voice she used in the marketplace. When she spilled wine, it was their playful antics that jostled the glass. They called out her name in the bath or when she passed real children in the street. The spirit babies were everywhere her companions, and everywhere they left her lonesome - yet they no more bore her resentment than a seed resents uneaten fruit. Like pet gnats, like phosphorescence, like sighs on a string, they would follow her into eternity."
Author: Tom Robbins
Quotes About Premature Babies Pictures