Famous Quotes About Preserving Family History
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Preserving Family History.
Top Quotes About Preserving Family History
1. "As for suspense, I like to write books that draw you into the hero's plight from the opening pages, where people put their lives on the line for something - a belief, a family member, the truth."
Author: Andrew Gross
2. "Pointed in the wrong direction, trapped outside their own history and unable to retrace their steps because their footprints had been swept away."
Author: Arundhati Roy
3. "I guess no matter what your family is like, you're not surprised."
Author: Audrey Niffenegger
4. "Intimate, loving, and enduring relationships with our family and close friends will be among the sources of the deepest joy in our lives."
Author: Clayton M. Christensen
5. "No harm's done to history by making it something someone would want to read."
Author: David McCullough
6. "She pictured a dandelion gone by, the white, almost airless pieces of her family scattered so far."
Author: Elizabeth Strout
7. "The actual stuff my family owned, those boxes under my stairs, I can't quite bear to look at. I like other people's things better. They come with other people's history."
Author: Gillian Flynn
8. "I heard of that bloodthirsty old murderer Josef Stalin inviting all nations to join a happy family of folks devoted to the abolition of tyranny and intolerance!"
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
9. "Be it good or bad, Family is the shadow that never leaves our side."
Author: Joan Ambu
10. "I don't have the best family history heart-wise, so I really try to keep my heart strong."
Author: Kelly Ripa
11. "Sometimes we control our family members because we idolize and idealize our perfect plan over the journey that God has laid out for them. (p. 56)"
Author: Mary E. DeMuth
12. "Mister Cameron - I have read the unexpurgated Ovid, the love poems of Sappho, the Decameron in the original, and a great many texts in Greek and Latin histories that were not though fit for proper gentlemen to read, much less proper ladies. I know in precise detail what Caligula did to, and with, his sisters, and I can quote it to you in Latin or in my own translation if you wish. I am interested in historical truth, and truth in history is often unpleasant and distasteful to those of fine sensibility. I frankly doubt that you will produce anything to shock me."
Author: Mercedes Lackey
13. "She had so mastered the strategies of camouflage that her own history had seemed a series of well-placed mirrors that kept her hidden from herself."
Author: Pat Conroy
14. "My family was a good family, I had a great Canadian education and I came up in a great, little town like Ottawa."
Author: Paul Anka
15. "I have no expectation that any man will read history aright who thinks that what was done in a remote age, by men whose names have resounded far, has any deeper sense than what he is doing today."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. "All that we call sacred history attests that the birth of a poet is the principal event in chronology."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. "Without death there is little innovation. Extinction - death of a species - is part and parcel of evolutionary change. In the absence of this kind of extinction new developments would not prosper. In our own history, periods when ideas have been perpetuated by dogma, preventing the replacement of old by new ideas, have also been times of stultifying stagnation. The Dark Ages in western society were the most static, least innovative of times. So the fact that trilobites were replaced by batches of successive species through their long history was a testimony to their evolutionary vigour."
Author: Richard Fortey
18. "Police departments no longer have to pay overtime or divert resources from other projects to find out where an individual goes - all they have to do is place a tracking device on someone's car or ask a cell phone company for that individual's location history and the technology does the work for them."
Author: Ron Wyden
19. "When I was skating I felt I represented not just my family and the people who helped me make it to that point, but also New York and the country."
Author: Sarah Hughes
20. "But, Aunt... I don't want to go to the grave site set aside for me a few years ago at the ancestral grave site. I don't want to go there. When I lived here and woke up from the fog in my head, I would walk by myself to the grave site set aside for me, so that I could feel comfortable if I lived there after death. It was sunny, and I liked the pine tree that stood bent but tall, but remaining a member of this family even in death would be too much and too hard. To try to change my mind, I would sing and pull weeds, sitting there until the sun set, but nothing made me feel comfortable there. I lived with this family for over fifty years; please let me go now."
Author: Shin Kyung Sook
21. "Man, y'all make the Addams family look like Ozzie and Harriet."(Annie)"
Author: Tami Hoag
22. "Jerome said, It's like, a family doesn't work anymore when everyone in it is more miserable than they would be if they were alone, You know?"
Author: Zadie Smith
Quotes About Preserving Family History Pictures