Famous Quotes About Preserving Food
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Preserving Food.
Top Quotes About Preserving Food
1. "You're never lost. You always know exactly where you are. You're right here. It's just that sometimes you've misplaced your destination.Brian W. Porter 2005Have you ever wondered how the computer you're using got to the store? How about your medicines, the food you eat, the clothes you wear, the furniture, the plants in the garden center? Do they have a railroad right there? Does merchandise magically appear? Only if you grow your own food, make your own clothes, make your own tools, cut your own wood, and make your own furniture, can you get away from trucking. Everything you see, even the nature outside in some places, has been on at least one truck."
Author: Brian W. Porter
2. "THE BOUNTYIn her kitchen, she saw many things she would like to eat. On the counter, there was a bunch of new bananas, yellow as a Van Gogh chair, and two apples, pristine. The cabinet was open and she saw a box of crackers, a new box of cereal, a tube of curved chips. She felt overwhelmed, seeing all of the food there, that it was all hers. And there was more in the refrigerator! There were juices, half a melon, a dozen bagels, salmon, a steak, yogurt in a dozen colors. It would take her a week to eat all of this food. She does not deserve this, she thought. It really isn't fair, she thought. You're correct, God said, and then struck dead 65,000 Malaysians."
Author: Dave Eggers
3. "As an anti-hunger advocate, I found the perplexity of the obesity problem and the hunger problem existing side-by-side in our increasingly global food system begged further investigation."
Author: Ellen Gustafson
4. "I'd sit around dreaming that the boys I saw at shows or at work - the boys with silver earrings and big boots - would tell me I was beautiful, take me home and feed me Thai food or omelets and undress me and make love to me all night with the palm trees whispering windsongs about a tortured gleaming city and the moonlight like flame melting our candle bodies."
Author: Francesca Lia Block
5. "Life has changed a lot, you know. You didn't used to get all this food inside food inside food when I was a girl. The other day I was eating a mushroom and found it had been stuffed with prawns. I've got so many misgivings over this craze, Boy. It's flying in the face of nature."
Author: Helen Oyeyemi
6. "?"Well, It's just painful to see them without nothing to eat and at the same time no God. So let's share our food and our God."
Author: Jestoni Revealed
7. "...the real junk food is what Frank Lloyd Wright called light entertainment - bubblegum for the eye ..."
Author: John Geddes
8. "Mrs. Chandler shouted after us, "And I hope that was all-natural food coloring you put on my dog!"
Author: Lisa Lutz
9. "For some Chicago expats, food is the medicine that blunts the pain of separation."
Author: Mary Schmich
10. "I live by the philosophy that beauty starts from within, and I make a conscious effort to fill my body with nutrients through the food I eat."
Author: Miranda Kerr
11. "Not if we blow it up," Gale says brusquely. His intent, his full intent, becomes clear. Gale has no interest in preserving the lives of those in the Nut. No interest in caging the pray for later use.This is one of his death traps."
Author: Suzanne Collins
12. "I thought, you know the food and the diet thing is one way to start yourself onto a healthy lifestyle, but if you don't move, if you don't start exercising you're gonna deteriorate."
Author: Warren Cuccurullo
13. "Novels are food for the leftover hours of life, the in-between times, the moments of waiting."
Author: Young Ha Kim
Quotes About Preserving Food Pictures