Famous Quotes About Prophesy
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Prophesy.
Top Quotes About Prophesy
1. "Who can prophesy peace, or vow Futurity for any but armed insects"
Author: Allen Ginsberg
2. "Unless Chase Bank quits I prophesy blood violence"
Author: Allen Ginsberg
3. "You left me."Not realizing until I've said my final good-bye and closed the door behind me, that he's not referring to the past.He's prophesying our future."
Author: Alyson Noel
4. "I venture to prophesy that there lies before us a bitter and an evil time."
Author: Auberon Herbert
5. "I think the role of science fiction is not at all to prophesy. I think it is to tell interesting, vivid, strange stories that at their best are dreamlike intense versions and visions of today."
Author: China Mieville
6. "You have a lot of predictors for serial killer behavior, I know—in fact, I think you have more predictors than I've ever seen in one person. But you have to remember that predictors are just that— they predict what might happen, they don't prophesy what will happen. Ninety five percent of serial killers wet their beds and light fires and hurt animals, but that doesn't mean that ninety-five percent of kids who do those things will become serial killers. You are always in control of your own destiny, and you are always the one who makes your own choices—no one else."
Author: Dan Wells
7. "Somebody said it couldn't be done.But he with a chuckle replied,That maybe it couldn't, but he would be oneWho wouldn't say so 'till he'd tried.So he buckled right in with a trace of a grinOn his face. If he worried, he hid it.He started to sing as he tackled the thingThat couldn't be done. And he did.Somebody scoffed, "Oh, you'll never do thatAt least no one ever has done it."But he took off his coat, and he took off his hat,And the first thing we know, he'd begun it.With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,Without any doubting or "quit-it".He started to sing as he tackled the thingThat couldn't done. And he did it.There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done.There are thousands to prophesy failure.There are thousands to point out to you, one by one,The dangers that wait to assail youBut just buckle in, with a bit of a grin;Just take off your coat and go to it.Just start in to sing as yout tackle the thingThat cannot be done--and you'll do it!"
Author: Edgar A. Guest
8. "Those in possession of absolute power can not only prophesy and make their prophecies come true, but they can also lie and make their lies come true."
Author: Eric Hoffer
9. "But I feel convinced, and I venture even to prophesy in this regard, that the time will come when there will also be a minister of peace in the cabinet, seated beside the ministers of war."
Author: Fredrik Bajer
10. "Lunatics! Vain creatures! They don't believe in God, they don't believe in Christ! Why, you are so eaten up with pride and vanity that you'll end up by eating one another, that's what I prophesy."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
11. "On the basis of the familiar experience that that which is learned with difficulty is better retained, it would have been safe to prophesy such an effect from the greater number of repetitions."
Author: Hermann Ebbinghaus
12. "...notice how he will come to manhood with his own particular soul bespeaking itself through the windows which are his eyes, and such lovely eyes surely do prophesy and indicate the loveliest of souls."
Author: Jack Kerouac
13. "If I prophesy my future I want to prophesy something good. I'm not saying what I feel. I'm not saying what it looks like in the real world. No, I'm saying what God says about me."
Author: Joel Osteen
14. "The ancestral voices were prophesying war because ancestral voices never shut up, and they hate to be wrong, and war is a sure thing, sooner or later."
Author: Margaret Atwood
15. "All writing is by the grace of God. People do not deserve to have good writing, they are so pleased with bad. In these sentences that you show me, I can find no beauty, for I see death in every clause and every word. There is a fossil or a mummy character which pervades this book. The best sepulchers, the vastest catacombs, Thebes and Cairo, Pyramids, are sepulchers to me. I like gardens and nurseries. Give me initiative, spermatic, prophesying, man-making words."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. "Ut cum spiritu postrema sacramentum dejuremus," he chanted. "Et hostes ornamenta addent ad ianuam necem.""You just...finished the prophesy,"Rachael stammered. "-An oath to keep with a final breath/And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death. How did you-""I know those lines." Jason winced and put his hands to his temples. "I don't know how, but I KNOW that prophecy.""In Latin, no less," Drew called out. "Handsome AND smart."
Author: Rick Riordan
17. "Powerlessness can be a self-fulfilling prophesy. There is much that is wrong with America. But it will only be made right only if we force change to occur."
Author: Robert Reich
18. "I am quite a wise old bird, but I am no desert hermit who can only prophesy when his guts are knotted with hunger. I am deep in the old man's puzzle, trying to link the wisdom of the body with the wisdom of the spirit until the two are one."
Author: Robertson Davies
19. "I cannot life for life itself: but for the words which stay the flux. My life, I feel, will not be lived until there are books and stories which relive it perpetually in time. I forget too easily how it was, and shrink to the horror of the here and now, with no past and no future. Writing breaks open the vaults of the dead and the skies behind which the prophesying angels hide. The mind makes and makes, spinning its web."
Author: Sylvia Plath
20. "Delvig's best poem is the one he dedicated to Pushkin, his schoolmate, in January 1815. A boy of sixteen, prophesying in exact detail literary immortality to a boy of fifteen, and doing it in a poem that is itself immortal - this is a combination of intuitive genius and actual destiny to which I can find no parallel in the history of world poetry."
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
21. "Unlike some, I don't claim to hold the mystic key to the future. But judging from past events, it seems to me that those who want to prophesy the imminent end of America's unique global role have a harder case to make than those who think we will limp on for a while, making a mess of things as usual."
Author: Walter Russell Mead
Quotes About Prophesy Pictures