Famous Quotes About Proportional
Browse 53 famous quotes and sayings about Proportional.
Top Quotes About Proportional
1. "Feeling and thinking are directly proportional to each other and inseparable."
Author: Anuj Somany
2. "My number-one theory in life is that style is proportional to your lack of resources - the less you have, the more stylish you're likely to be."
Author: Beth Ditto
3. "There is no proportional representation requirement in the Equal Protection Clause."
Author: Cass Sunstein
4. "Simon: "I hope you told him you were bitten by a gay spider"Alec:"So would that give me the proportional gayness of a spider?Magnus: "Only if it was a really gay spider."ALec: (Punches Magnus)Magnus:"Ow, okay, never mind"
Author: Cassandra Clare
5. "Like other women who sought equality, the amount of trouble I cause is inversely proportional to my physical size."
Author: Cassandra Duffy
6. "Moreover, the sciences are monuments devoted to the public good; each citizen owes to them a tribute proportional to his talents. While the great men, carried to the summit of the edifice, draw and put up the higher floors, the ordinary artists scattered in the lower floors, or hidden in the obscurity of the foundations, must only seek to improve what cleverer hands have created."
Author: Charles Augustin De Coulomb
7. "ARTIFICIALLY-INDUCED INTELLIGENCE DETERIORATES AT A RATE OF TIME DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL TO THE QUANTITY OF THE INCREASE."
Author: Daniel Keyes
8. "Cuteness and kindness are often inversely proportional in people."
Author: Daria Snadowsky
9. "Your ability to generate power is directly proportional to your ability to relax."
Author: David Allen
10. "The rate at which a person can mature is directly proportional to the embarrassment he can tolerate."
Author: Douglas Engelbart
11. "Tortured Soul 101: The depth of despair one experiences during the creative process (as experienced say, in an abysmally blank page or canvas) is directly proportional to the scope and power of the work that emerges when it breaks."
Author: F.T. McKinstry
12. "The film of tomorrow will resemble the person who made it, and the number of spectators will be proportional to the number of friends the director has."
Author: Francois Truffaut
13. "The elegance of a mathematical theorem is directly proportional to the number of independent ideas one can see in the theorem and inversely proportional to the effort it takes to see them."
Author: George Pólya
14. "It was one lesson he never forgot.You don't sit back when you or a loved one is being assaulted.And you don't act like the goverment with their "proportional responses" and all that nonsense.If someone hurts you,mercy and pity must be put aside,You eliminate the enemy.You scorch the earth."
Author: Harlan Coben
15. "I used to be a fan of proportional representation, but I am not at all now I have seen it in action."
Author: Helen Suzman
16. "The lasting sweetness of the wealth obtained is directly proportional to the honesty of its source. Dishonest wealth does not last."
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
17. "Our work is directly proportional to the distances our dreams travel across, as force (power) is a constant factor"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
18. "...people will be sentenced in accordance with their deeds...God's justice is proportional. There is not exactly the same justice for everyone who refuses the mercy of God."
Author: J.P. Moreland
19. "First LawIn every animal which has not passed the limit of its development, a more frequent and continuous use of any organ gradually strengthens, develops and enlarges that organ, and gives it a power proportional to the length of time it has been so used; while the permanent disuse of any organ imperceptibly weakens and deteriorates it, and progressively diminishes its functional capacity, until it finally disappears.Second LawAll the acquisitions or losses wrought by nature on individuals, through the influence of the environment in which their race has long been placed, and hence through the influence of the predominant use or permanent disuse of any organ; all these are preserved by reproduction to the new individuals which arise, provided that the acquired modifications are common to both sexes, or at least to the individuals which produce the young."
Author: Jean Baptiste Lamarck
20. "The depth of our compassion is proportional to the depth of our living. (65)"
Author: Jean Yves Leloup
21. "My house fly theory is related to my theory about why time seems to go faster as you get older.""Why's that?" the girl asked."It's proportional," Leonard explained. "When you're five, you've only been alive a couple thousand days. But by the time you're fifty, you've lived around twenty thousand days. So a day when you're five seems longer because it's a greater percentage of the whole."
Author: Jeffrey Eugenides
22. "...that's where love is revealed: in abandoning the outcome, casting the self aside, inviting the consequences that will come. Even if the love we offer to others is not received – which may be the definition of loneliness – that doesn't mean it ceases to exist, because real love ignores the cost, braves the darkness, lights the way. The true measure of the love within the human heart is inversely proportional to the price one is willing to pay to express it."
Author: Jenna Brooks
23. "Like "love," "hope" is one of those ridiculously disproportional words that by all rights should be a lot longer."
Author: Jim Butcher
24. "Eccentricity has always abounded when and where strength of character had abounded; and the amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and courage which it contained."
Author: John Stuart Mill
25. "The amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage it contained. That so few now dare to be eccentric marks the chief danger of the time."
Author: John Stuart Mill
26. "Humans are the same. Like polishing a jewel, difficulties polish a person's character. The trials we are given are proportional to our strength. Otherwise we wouldn't be using our true power. And then we wouldn't be able to grow stronger. If a trial is equal to your strength, then it's okay if you come to an impasse. If you do end up at an impasse, then it just means you're trying to move forward and you want to win. That's why you have to keep trying."
Author: Kae Maruya
27. "The cord that tethers ability to success is both loose and elastic. It is easy to see fine qualities in successful books or to see unpublished manuscripts, inexpensive vodkas, or people struggling in any field as somehow lacking. It is easy to believe that ideas that worked were good ideas, that plans that succeeded were well designed, and that ideas and plans that did not were ill conceived. And it is easy to make heroes out of the most successful and to glance with disdain at the least. But ability does not guarantee achievement, nor is achievement proportional to ability. And so it is important to always keep in mind the other term in the equation—the role of chance…What I've learned, above all, is to keep marching forward because the best news is that since chance does play a role, one important factor in success is under our control: the number of at bats, the number of chances taken, the number of opportunities seized."
Author: Leonard Mlodinow
28. "Notice the small things. The rewards are inversely proportional."
Author: Liz Vassey
29. "The effort you put forth in whatever you do is directly proportional to the results you produce."
Author: Mark W. Boyer
30. "A man who cannot work without his hypodermic needle is a poor doctor. The amount of narcotic you use is inversely proportional to your skill."
Author: Martin H. Fischer
31. "Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you desire from what you do. If you are in a job you hate, face the fact squarely and get out."
Author: Michael Korda
32. "The degree of slowness is directionally proportional to the intensity of memory. The degree of speed is directionally proportional to the intensity of forgetting."
Author: Milan Kundera
33. "(existential mathematics...) the degree of slowness is directly proportional to the intensity of memory; the degree of speed is directly proportional to the intensity of forgetting." –p. 39"
Author: Milan Kundera
34. "When I described Madame de T's night, I recalled the well-known equation from one of the first chapters of the textbook of existential mathematics: the degree of speed is directly proportional to the intensity of forgetting. From that equation we can deduce various corrollaries, for instance this one: our period is given over to the demon of speed, and that is the reason it so easily forgets its own self. Now I would reverse that statement and say: our period is obsessed by the desire to forget, and it is to fulfill that desire that it gives over to the demon of speed; it picks up the pace to show us that it no longer wishes to be remembered; that it is tired of itself; sick of itself; that it wants to blow out the tiny trembling flame of memory."
Author: Milan Kundera
35. "There is a secret bond between slowness and memory, between speed and forgetting.A man is walking down the street. At a certain moment, he tries to recall something, but the recollection escapes him. Automatically, he slows down.Meanwhile, a person who wants to forget a disagreeable incident he has just lived through starts unconsciously to speed up his pace, as if he were trying to distance himeself from a thing still too close to him in time.The degree of slowness is directly proportional to the intensity of memory; the degree of speed is directly proportional to the intensity of forgettin"
Author: Milan Kundera
36. "The chance of the bread falling with the buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet."
Author: Murphy's Law
37. "Job happiness is directly proportional to the distance you are from the home office."
Author: Nelson DeMille
38. "Despite the growing clinical and research interest in dissociative symptoms and disorders, it is also true that the substantial substantial prevalence rates for dissociative disorders are still disproportional to the number of studies addressing these conditions. For example, schizophrenia has a reported rate of 0.55% to 1% of the normal population (Goldner, Hus, Waraich, & Somers, more or less similar to the prevalence of DID. Yet a PubMed search generated 25,421 papers on research related to schizophrenia, whereas only 73 publications were found for DID-related research."
Author: Paul H Blaney
39. "Now if this electron is displaced from its equilibrium position, a force that is directly proportional to the displacement restores it like a pendulum to its position of rest."
Author: Pieter Zeeman
40. "If heaven be so fair,the sun so fair, how much fairer shall He be that made them fair? For by the greatness and beauty of the creatures, proportionally the maker of them is seen."
Author: Robert Burton
41. "Immigration should be enforced in a proportional and humane manner."
Author: Roger Mahony
42. "Self belief is directly proportional to confidence i.e more the self belief more is the confidence and less of it will lessen the confidence. Success gets attracted to persons with high self belief."
Author: Sandeep Kakkar
43. "Life is directly proportional to happiness and sadness."
Author: Santosh Kalwar
44. "God rewards the soul that focuses on Him with attention and love, and God rewards that soul by exercising a rigorous compulsion on it, mathematically proportional to this attention and love. We must abandon ourselves to this pressure, and run to the precise point where it leads, and not a single step further, not even in the direction of what is good. At the same time, we must continue to focus on God, with ever more love and attention, and in this way obtain an even greater compulsion — to become an object of a compulsion that possesses for itself a perpetually growing portion of the soul. Once God's compulsion possesses the whole soul, one has reached the state of perfection. But no matter what degree we reach, we must not accomplish anything beyond what we are irresistibly pressured (compelled) to do, not even in the way of good."
Author: Simone Weil
45. "Researchers from Britain's Keele University have found that swearing after an injury may help alleviate pain. Evidently, the pain that you feel is inversely proportional to the number of middle names you give Jesus."
Author: Stephen Colbert
46. "Resistance is directly proportional to love. If you're feeling massive Resistance, the good news is that it means there's tremendous love there too."
Author: Steven Pressfield
47. "When you run into someone who is disagreeable to others, you may be sure he is uncomfortable with himself; the amount of pain we inflict upon others is directly proportional to the amount we feel within us."
Author: Sydney J. Harris
48. "Our society on a whole is trained to see young women. There are proportionally far more of them on magazine covers, on TV, and in films than int the actual population. As a result, we have a citizenry taught to see the young and ignore the not-so-young. It isn't conscious; it's Pavlovian. (13)"
Author: Victoria Moran
49. "Happiness and self-esteem are proportional. The better you feel about yourself, the happier you are. "I get up every morning, and I get excited that I get to be me for another twenty-four hours!" Pooki gushed. This isn't vanity. Vanity is believing that you are the center of the universe, whereas accepting appreciation and approval is savoring the sunlight that shines your way."
Author: Will Bowen
50. "How easily someone is offended is directly proportional to how stupid they are."
Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour
Quotes About Proportional Pictures