Famous Quotes About Prostitutes
Browse 60 famous quotes and sayings about Prostitutes.
Top Quotes About Prostitutes
1. "At a certain degree of lucid intoxication, lying late at night between two prostitutes and drained of all desire, hope ceases to be a torture, you see; the mind dominates the whole past, and the pain of living is over forever."
Author: Albert Camus
2. "I have seen romanticism outlast the realistic. I have seen men forget the beautiful women they have possessed, forget the prostitutes, and remember the first woman they idolized, the woman they could never have. The woman who aroused them romantically holds them."
Author: Anaïs Nin
3. "Fox News's Bill O'Reilly refuses to show the Muslim cartoons on The O'Reilly Factor, saying he doesn't want to offend anyone's religion. Someone should tell him those endless interviews with prostitutes from the Bunny Ranch and porn stars aren't high on Christians' list of enjoyable viewing either."
Author: Ann Coulter
4. "Ninety-six per cent of juvenile prostitutes are fugitives from abusive domestic situations; 66 per cent began working before they turned 16. (Prostitution is their only perceived means of survival.) Millions of children work as prostitutes around the world. A third are male. One study revealed that over 50 per cent of prostitutes are the children of alcoholics or substance abusers, and 90 per cent are deflowered through incest or rape. Ninety-one per cent of prostitutes do not speak of the abuse. (The truth of life is told through the language of behavior.) Abused children suffer Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, guilt, self-destructive impulses, suspicion, fear. Seventy-five per cent of prostitutes attempt suicide. (Imagine their scrapbook of memories.)"
Author: Antonella Gambotto Burke
5. "Only once did he remark when the starter,which he was trying to open,literally fell to pieces in his hands,:'If you would write for those filthy boulevard papers,monsieur,you could soon buy a Chevrolet'(which was quite unture:In France the prostitutes of the pen were just as badly rewarded as their colleagues on the street corners)."
Author: Arthur Koestler
6. "Prostitutes are in no danger of finding their present life so satisfactory that they cannot turn to God: the proud, the avaricious, the self-righteous, are in that danger."
Author: C.S. Lewis
7. "The sex-positive brigade thinks my [virgin-until-married] friend is doomed to a lifetime of unsatisfying sex, she'll never have an orgasm, she's ashamed of her body, she's repressed, she's scarred, she's guilt-ridden, she'll never masturbate, she needs to see a shrink, she wants attention, she's a lesbian, her husband's gay, it's my responsibility to educate her, her father or priest molested her, she's been brainwashed by evil forces. Hmm. Sounds to me like she's pretty deviant--these are the sorts of comments usually reserved for queers, trannies, prostitutes, porn aficionados, S&M enthusiasts, and the rest of the freaks. Sounds like a Christian good girl just became "alternative." And where does that leave all the formulas?"
Author: Carson Brown
8. "A yet women -good women- frightened me because they eventually wanted your soul, and what was left of mine, I wanted to keep. Basically I craved prostitutes, base women, because they were deadly and hard and made no personal demands. Nothing was lost when they left. Yet at the same time I yearned for a gentle, good woman, despite the overwhelming price."
Author: Charles Bukowski
9. "For me, my thoughts are my prostitutes."
Author: Denis Diderot
10. "All these child stars grow up and they're knockin' over banks and getting prostitutes. I'm, like, one of the only people I know that has managed to dodge all of that negative crap."
Author: Dustin Diamond
11. "Lowe has broken from the Christianity of his parents, a faith that now seems hopelessly out of date. The meek shall no longer inherit the earth; the go-getters will get it and everything that goes with it. The Christ who went among the poor, the sick, the downtrodden, among lepers and prostitutes, really had no marketing savvy. He has been transfigured into a latter-day entrepreneur, the greatest superstar sales person of all time, who built a multinational outfit from scratch."
Author: Eric Schlosser
12. "The soap-box orators talked in the bitter cold at Marble Arch with their mackintoshes turned up around their Adam's apples, and all down the road the cad cars waited for the right easy girls, and the cheap prostitutes sat hopelessly in the shadows, and the blackmailers kept an eye open on the grass where the deeds of darkness were quietly and unsatisfactorily accomplished."
Author: Graham Greene
13. "...my longing was for Russia...Not Soviet Russia. But nineteenth-century Russia, the Russia of Dostoevsky's saintly prostitutes and Alyosha; of Tolstoy's Pierre; and Aksionov, the sufferer in "God Sees the Truth But Waits." A country where the characters in books were allowed to ask one another the questions: How must I live to be happy? What is goodness? Why does man suffer? What is to be done?"
Author: Guy Vanderhaeghe
14. "It was a cruel world though. More than half of all children died before they could reach maturity, thanks to chronic epidemics and malnutrition. People dropped like flies from polio and tuberculosis and smallpox and measles. There probably weren't many people who lived past forty. Women bore so many children, they became toothless old hags by the time they were in their thirties. People often had to resort to violence to survive. Tiny children were forced to do such heavy labor that their bones became deformed, and little girls were forced to become prostitutes on a daily basis. Little boys too, I suspect. Most people led minimal lives in worlds that had nothing to do with richness of perception or spirit. City streets were full of cripples and beggars and criminals. Only a small fraction of the population could gaze at the moon with deep feeling or enjoy a Shakespeare play or listen to the beautiful music of Dowland."
Author: Haruki Murakami
15. "When you're young, sex doesn't mean as much, it isn't sacred. Children make the best prostitutes because they're th emost perfunctory about the whole encounter. The whole act is like a dare, like kissing a frog or something. It's nasty while it's happening, but you forget about it soon afterward. And sometimes it isn't even that nasty. Whatever it is, it's so far from love."
Author: Heather O'Neill
16. "I wasn't sure exactly how prostitutes determined price, but if men bought hookers by the pound, these two would be doing okay."
Author: Janet Evanovich
17. "The raindrops gathered on my windshield like prostitutes at a political convention, and I voted like I always vote—with my windshield wiper."
Author: Jarod Kintz
18. "You do that, and I take back every nasty thing I've ever said about you."He grinned, his mood changing from serious to wicked in an instant. "Why? I'm all those things and more."I shook my head. Ian was more proud of his depravity than anyone I'd met, but if he helped me pull Bones out from under four bespelled vampires and one demonically-enchanced vamp, I'd shower him with prostitutes and porn while swearing he was an angel."
Author: Jeaniene Frost
19. "We're capable of understanding that someone has to drop an atomic bomb on a town of innocent civilians, but not that others have to cut up prostitutes who spread disease and moral depravity in the slums of London. Hence we call the former realism and the latter madness."
Author: Jo Nesbø
20. "Dear Jane,Just so you know: e. e. cummings cheated on both of his wives. With prostitutes.Yours,Will Grayson"
Author: John Green
21. "Is it the part of the police department to harass me when this city is a flagrant vice capital of the civilized world?" Ignatius bellowed over the crowd in front of the store. "This city is famous for its gamblers, prostitutes, exhibitionists, anti-Christs, alcoholics, sodomites, drug addicts, fetishists, onanists, pornographers, frauds, jades, litterbugs, and lesbians, all of whom are only too well protected by graft. If you have a moment, I shall endeavor to discuss the crime problems with you, but don't make the mistake of bothering me."
Author: John Kennedy Toole
22. "The belief that man is an irresolute creature pulled this way and that by two forces of equal strength, alternately winning and losing the battle for his soul; the conviction that human life is nothing more than an uncertain struggle between heaven and hell; the faith in two opposed entities, Satan and Christ - all this was bound to engender those internal discords in which the soul, excited by the incessant fighting, stimulated as it were by the constant promises and threats, ends up by giving in and prostitutes itself to whichever of the two combatants has been more obstinate in its pursuit."
Author: Joris Karl Huysmans
23. "Taxi-drivers in Frankfurt are said to dislike the annual Book Fair because literary folk, instead of being shuttled to prostitutes like respectable members of other convening professions, prefer to stay in their hotels and fuck one another"
Author: Julian Barnes
24. "Aren't women prudes if they don't and prostitutes if they do?"
Author: Kate Millett
25. "Excuse me soldiers, but do you mind stepping away from your lady friends?"We were here for the prostitutes."And why should we do that crypt Keeper?"
Author: Khalia Hades
26. "The prostitutes worked for a pimp now. He was splendid and cruel. He was a god to them. He took their free will away from them, which was perfectly all right. They didn't want it anyway. It was as though they had surrendered themselves to Jesus, for instance, so they could live unselfishly and trustingly—except that they had surrendered to a pimp instead."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
27. "All fighters are prostitutes and all promoters are pimps."
Author: Larry Holmes
28. "There are children who are working in textile businesses in Asia who would be prostitutes on the streets if they did not have those jobs."
Author: Lawrence Summers
29. "We've got priests and prostitutes and a gay girl from Biloxi. Yep, just your average Christmas morning."
Author: Lisa Desrochers
30. "Sade's stuff is real deceptive. She's got stuff about prostitutes, poverty and people on the streets."
Author: Lucinda Williams
31. "If the purpose of love is getting into bed; I guess prostitutes are the most auspicious lovers."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
32. "The city is full of three types of people, the first being soldiers, the other classes are politicians and prostitutes, both very numerous, and about equal in honesty and morality."
Author: Mark R. Jones
33. "...who is the pioneer of modern journalism? Not Hemingway who wrote of his experiences in the trenches, not Orwell who spent a year of his life with the Parisian poor, not Egon Erwin Kisch the expert on Prague prostitutes, but Oriana Fallaci who in the years 1969 to 1972 published a series of interviews with the most famous politicians of the time. Those interviews were more than mere conversations; they were duels. Before the powerful politicians realized that they were fighting under unequal conditions--for she was allowed to ask questions but they were not--they were already on the floor of the ring, KO'ed."
Author: Milan Kundera
34. "Periods are a period when nature forces prostitutes to go on leave."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
35. "Prostitutes are paid for taking their clothes off. Celebrities are paid for putting others' clothes on."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
36. "Granted, not all uneducated women are prostitutes, and, not all prostitutes are uneducated. However, where building a family is employment, an uneducated woman's womb is her diploma."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
37. "I now knew that all of us were prostitutes who sold themselves at varying prices, and that an expensive prostitute was better than a cheap one."
Author: Nawal El Saadawi
38. "It's the standard-issue Indian male syndrome. Mothers and sisters on a pedestal on the one hand, and loose women and prostitutes below the boot on the other. And me, a good Marathi girl like his sisters, consorting with all of you wastrels and worse. Too confusing for him."
Author: Nayana Currimbhoy
39. "I soon came to understand that drink, tobacco and prostitutes were all great means if dissipating (even for a few moments) my dread for human beings. I came even to feel that if I had to sell every last possession to obtain these means of escape, it would be well worth it."
Author: Osamu Dazai
40. "For the Age has itself become vulgar, and most people have no idea to what extent they are themselves tainted. The bad manners of all parliaments, the general tendency to connive at a rather shady business transaction if it promises to bring in money without work, jazz and Negro dances as the spiritual outlet in all circles of society, women painted like prostitutes, the efforts of writers to win popularity by ridiculing in their novels and plays the correctness of well-bred people, and the bad taste shown even by the nobility and old princely families in throwing off every kind of social restraint and time-honoured custom: all of these go to prove that it is now the vulgar mob that gives the tone."
Author: Oswald Spengler
41. "Often, city fathers blamed prostitutes for the disease, and some threatened to brand their cheeks with hot iron if they did not desist from their vices."
Author: Peter Lewis Allen
42. "The thought of a comedy with paid prostitutes always seemed so silly and purposeless, for a person hired by me could never take the place of my imagination of a 'cruel mistress'."
Author: Richard Von Krafft Ebing
43. "Adrian: I find prostitutes vastly important.Nathan Ivashkov: Well. How refreshing to see that things haven't changed."
Author: Richelle Mead
44. "I find prostitutes vastly important."
Author: Richelle Mead
45. "We're all prostitutes sir we're all selling ourselves for something"
Author: Saira Viola
46. "It's easy to dismiss girls who work on the streets as deadbeats or drug addicts without ever thinking about why they;re working as prostitutes. And the truth is that many of them have been trafficked and they work long, exhausting, miserable, soul-destroying hours for men who are cruel and violent. They're constantly afraid, not just because of what might be done to them if they don't do what they're told, but also because of the very real threats that are made against their families and the people they love."
Author: Sophie Hayes
47. "The great nations have always acted like gangsters, and the small nations like prostitutes."
Author: Stanley Kubrick
48. "I've heard 14 year old meth addicted thai prostitutes say more prescient things than the woman that was supposedly a "professor"
Author: Tucker Max
49. "To sit a fine Christian gentleman down in close proximity to an unsavoury crowd of prostitutes was bad enough. Even worse was to allow him to be humiliated intellectually by the afore-mentioned rabble. (When you must have know perfectly well that it is not given to mere policemen, as it is to street-walkers, to think coherently on their feet)."
Author: William Donaldson
50. "They think there are only two kinds of young women in China: good girls or prostitutes."
Author: Xiaolu Guo
Quotes About Prostitutes Pictures