Famous Quotes About Pundits
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Pundits.
Top Quotes About Pundits
1. "So I make no effort to hide my pain. I don't ever put it all on display like this—but for today and all the rest of the days of the trial, I must. My every flinch, every flicker of pain, will bemagnified a hundred times over, then dissected by the pundits and talking heads. But I'm told it's necessary; the world needs to see me vulnerable and wounded. I cannot appear not to care or to lack remorse, but that removes a crucial component of my self- defense mechanism and leaves me bleeding for all the world to see. I suppose that's rather the point."
Author: Ann Aguirre
2. "I call the language of political figures, pundits and administrators 'the haute couture of language.'"
Author: Anna Deavere Smith
3. "Political columnists and sports pundits are rewarded for being overconfident."
Author: Daniel Kahneman
4. "I know there are reporters who ridicule pundits."
Author: Daniel Okrent
5. "What the pundits call wishy-washiness, the Bible calls repentance."
Author: David Dark
6. "Government or politics in America today is big business. Everybody makes money involving themselves in one way or the other, whether it's pollsters, whether they are policy wonks, whether they are pundits, whether they are those who believe that they must call it as they see it and then to be fair about it."
Author: Douglas Wilder
7. "Where you are born--what you are born into, the place, the history of the place, how that history mates with your own-- stamps who you are, whatever the pundits of globalisation have to say."
Author: Jeanette Winterson
8. "Both groups [of pundits] were critics, and that is the heart of the problem. If you are a pundit, you seem so smart when you are telling the President what he did wrong… This [is] mostly BS."
Author: Jeffrey A. Miller
9. "But you know the second month I was here I put out a healthy lifestyles directive. The pundits will say it was because we were sued. Well that's what they say. It was never about that."
Author: Jim Cantalupo
10. "For many in baseball September is a month of stark contrast with April, when everyone had dared to hope. If baseball is a lot like life, as pundits declare, it is because life is more about losing than winning."
Author: John Thorn
11. "I made a mistake in judgment about positioning myself with the mayor. Nobody had told me the old city hall idiom about being close to the mayor to 'get his ear.' The pundits use this as a measuring rod: who gets the office closest to the mayor's office, who gets in to see him without an appointment, and who gets to hold his hand, earliest and most often."
Author: Junius Williams
12. "There is a moral sturdiness to (hardware store owner) Charley that isn't advertised or boasted about, but is obvious to all who know him and quickly discerned by those who don't. Our country has lately been afflicted with television preachers and pundits who focus on our families while neglecting theirs. How vainglorious these critics seem, how vacuous and shallow they appear when placed alongside a man of Charley's stature."
Author: Philip Gulley
13. "Cool is spent. Cool is empty. Cool is ex post facto. When advertisers and pundits hoard a word, you know it's time to retire from it. To move on. I want to suggest, therefore, that we begin to avoid cool now. Cool is a trick to get you to buy garments made by sweatshop laborers in Third World countries. Cool is the Triumph of the Will. Cool enables you to step over bodies. Cool enables you to look the other way. Cool makes you functional, eager for routine distraction, passive, doped, stupid."
Author: Rick Moody
14. "Despite what the pundits want us to think, contested primaries aren't civil war, they are democracy at work, and that's beautiful."
Author: Sarah Palin
15. "I'm being invaded by fashion pundits."
Author: Steven Cojocaru
16. "Sorting out what's good and bad is the province of ethics. It is also what keeps priests, pundits, and parents busy. Unfortunately, what keeps children and philosophers busy is asking the priests, pundits and parents, "Why?"
Author: Thomas Cathcart
17. "And whether or not the educators who are trying to raise up America's students can actually set and meet higher academic standards, our cultural values make their job next to impossible. It's so much easier for pundits and politicians to point out figures and blame the people who are in the trenches every day than it is to get in there with them, or even to find out what actually goes on in those trenches. It's so much easier for parents to blame teachers when their kids get in trouble than to do the heavy lifting required at home to keep kids on track. And it's so much easier for us as a nation to cross our fingers and hope that we'll "get lucky" with the innovative "solutions" being tested on America's schools today than it is for us to roll up our sleeves and invest our own time, talent, and money in the schools that are even now-- with or without us-- shaping our nation's future."
Author: Tony Danza
Quotes About Pundits Pictures