Famous Quotes About Questioning Why
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Questioning Why.
Top Quotes About Questioning Why
1. "Read for yourselves, read for the sake of your inspiration, for the sweet turmoil in your lovely head. But also read against yourselves, read for questioning and impotence, for despair and erudition, read the dry sardonic remarks of cynical philosophers like Cioran or even Carl Schmitt, read newspapers, read those who despise, dismiss or simply ignore poetry and try to understand why they do it. Read your enemies, read those who reinforce your sense of what's evolving in poetry, and also read those whose darkness or malice or madness or greatness you can't understand because only in this way will you grow, outlive yourself, and become what you are."
Author: Adam Zagajewski
2. "The great subversive works of children's literature suggest that there are other views of human life besides those of the shopping mall and the corporation. They mock current assumptions and express the imaginative, unconventional, noncommercial view of the world in its simplest and purest form. They appeal to the imaginative, questioning, rebellious child within all of us, renew our instinctive energy, and act as a force for change. This is why such literature is worthy of our attention and will endure long after more conventional tales have been forgotten."
Author: Alison Lurie
3. "A Western upbringing tends to stress questioning authority, which is always asking why, why, why."
Author: Amy Chua
4. "NO. I'm not upset, I'm just questioning to some supernatural power about why this world, why this life ?"
Author: Ashutosh Naliapara
5. "O, what a world of unseen visions and heard silences, this insubstantial country of the mind! What ineffable essences, these touchless rememberings and unshowable reveries! And the privacy of it all! A secret theater of speechless monologue and prevenient counsel, an invisible mansion of all moods, musings, and mysteries, an infinite resort of disappointments and discoveries. A whole kingdom where each of us reigns reclusively alone, questioning what we will, commanding what we can. A hidden hermitage where we may study out the troubled book of what we have done and yet may do. An introcosm that is more myself than anything I can find in a mirror. This consciousness that is myself of selves, that is everything, and yet is nothing at all - what is it?And where did it come from?And why?"
Author: Julian Jaynes
6. "It wasn't until Hope fluttered over and landed at Alex's feet, peering questioningly up at him, that he finally tore his hands away from his eyes."Oh, my God," he said, sounding disgusted. "Why is there a bird looking at me?""That's Miss Oliviera's bird," Henry volunteered cheerfully. "The captain gave it to her as a present."Kayla punched me in the arm. "John's got his captain's license?" she whispered. "You are so lucky. Frank says he just loads cargo."I glanced at Frank. I wondered if Kayla would like him as much if she knew the "cargo" he loaded was human souls."
Author: Meg Cabot
7. "As with any violent ideology, the populace must be shielded from direct exposure to the victims of the system, lest they begin questioning the system or their participation in it. This truth speaks for itself: why else would the meat industry go to such lengths to keep its practices invisible?"
Author: Melanie Joy
8. "You are the night.""I am the night," I repeated."You are the night."I cocked my head, sending him a questioning look. "I am the night?""Jane!""Why is it that when you say my name, it sounds like a curse word?"
Author: Molly Harper
9. "As the U.S., the world is questioning why not end it, and so if, in fact, we were to pull out, the world would definitely question why we did this to begin with. But I still believe the world would call upon us for help if they needed it."
Author: Montel Williams
10. "I mean talk. Never forget that God is your friend. And like all friends, He longs to hear what's been happening in your life. Good or bad, whether it's been full of sorrow or anger, and even when you're questioning why terrible things have to happen. So I talk withhim."
Author: Nicholas Sparks
11. "We create for ourselves our own heaven and our own hell, but it is ignorance that creates the will to remain in either without questioning why."
Author: Val Edward Simone
12. "You can meet someone who's just right, but he might not be meant for you. You break up, you lose things, you never feel the same again. But maybe you should stop questioning why. Maybe you should just accept it and move on."
Author: Winna Efendi
Quotes About Questioning Why Pictures