Famous Quotes About Quotes Verses About Hope
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Quotes Verses About Hope.
Top Quotes About Quotes Verses About Hope
1. "Your emotional state has a tremendous amount to do with sickness, health and well-being. For years, my husband and I lived on -- and because of -- hope. Hope continues to give me the mental strength to carry on."
Author: Dana Reeve
2. "'Stargate' has always had this empty hole. When we made the first one, we always intended on doing part two and three, and we were prevented for years. And our hope is that we can get another chance at 'Stargate' and tell the entire story we wanted to tell."
Author: Dean Devlin
3. "For those who dispair that their lives are without meaning and without purpose, for those who dwell in a lonelines so terrible that it has withered their hearts, for those who hate because they have no recognition of the destiny they share with all humanity, for those who would squander their lives in self-pity and in self-destruction because they have lost the saving wisdom with which they are born, for all these and many more, hope waits in the dreams of a dog, where the scared bature of life may be clearly experienced without all but binding filter of human need, desire, greed, envy and endless fear. And here, in dream woods and fields, along with the shores of dream seas, with the profound awareness of the playful presence abiding in all things, Curtis is able to prove what she thus far only dared to hope is true: that although her mother never loved her, there is one who always has."
Author: Dean Koontz
4. "Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don't just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won't happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you'll love it up here."
Author: Donald Trump
5. "The Iron Rule of prudence for an Istanbulite Woman: If you are as fragile as a tea glass, either find a way to never encounter burning water and hope to marry an ideal husband or get yourself laid and broken as soon as possible. Alternatively, stop being a tea-glass woman!"
Author: Elif Shafak
6. "These wars appear also to have given its death blow to colonialism and to imperialism in its colonial form, under which weaker peoples were treated as possessions to be economically exploited. At least we hope that such colonialism is on the way out."
Author: Emily Greene Balch
7. "I hope the leaving is joyful, and I hope never to return."
Author: Frida Kahlo
8. "I have tasted words, I have seen them. Never had her hands reached out in darkness and felt the texture of pure marble, never had her forehead bent forward and, as against a stone altar, felt safety. I am now saved. Her mind could not then so specifically have seen it, could not have said, "Now I will reveal myself in words, words may now supercede a scheme of mathematical-biological definition. Words may be my heritage and with words...A lady will be set back in the sky....there was hope in a block of unsubstantiated marble, words could carve and set up solid altars...Thought followed the wing that beat its silver into seven-branched larch boughs."
9. "Not at all sure that she was, Taylor eyed the jet warily as she crossed the tarmac and climbed the metal steps leading up to the passenger hold. When she got to the top, she stopped before Jason, going for an unimpressed look."How original. Didn't I see this in Pretty Woman?"Jason smiled pleasantly. "Let's hope the evening ends as well for me as it did for Richard Gere." He winked."
Author: Julie James
10. "Of all our feelings the only one which really doesn't belong to us is hope. Hope belongs to life, it's life itself defending itself. Etcetera."
Author: Julio Cortázar
11. "Griff. I bet he's never met a gal like you before.""I should hope not," she replied glibly, but heat filled her cheeks. "Nature couldn't possibly make two mistakes like me.""You're not a mistake. Don't you ever think of yourself that way. You're exactly as you ought to be."
Author: Kady Cross
12. "First Embody the Emptiness of SilenceNext Embody the Fullness of Honesty & LoveThus Be HeavenSage Hope (Omid Mankoo) SH..."
Author: Omid Mankoo
13. "Well what's in your Amazonian hope chest?"
Author: Rachel Cohn
14. "We pass and leave you lying. No need for rhetoric, for funeral music, for melancholy bugle-calls. No need for tears now, no need for regret.We took our risk with you; you died and we live. We take your noble gift, salute for the last time those lines of pitiable crosses, those solitary mounds, those unknown graves, and turn to live our lives out as we may.Which of us were fortunate--who can tell? For you there is silence and cold twilight drooping in awful desolation over those motionless lands. For us sunlight and the sound of women's voices, song and hope and laughter, despair, gaiety, love--life.Lost terrible silent comrades, we, who might have died, salute you."
Author: Richard Aldington
15. "We will never become the people of hope and blessing we're meant to be until we learn how to wake up and pay attention to the glory and pain, beauty and suffering that are in lives all around us."
Author: Richard Dahlstrom
16. "I hope that the residents of my current district - from Quincy to Provincetown and the Islands - know that their well-being is my primary concern and nothing changes that."
Author: William R. Keating
Quotes About Quotes Verses About Hope Pictures