Famous Quotes About Radley Place
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Radley Place.
Top Quotes About Radley Place
1. "One must have common sense, nothing is permanent, nothing endures. I have come to the conclusion that this place is run by a madman. A madman, let me tell you, can be very logical. If you are rich and logical and also mad, you can succeed for a very long time in living out your illusion. But in the end....in the end this will break up. Because, you see, it is not reasonable what happens here! That which is not reasonable must always pay the reckoning in the end.~Dr. Barron"
Author: Agatha Christie
2. "I'm only... I'm only unhappy when the reviews are bad, but give me a good review and I'm a... I'm just screaming all over the place with joy."
Author: Alan King
3. "Intellectual comradeship requires that you think your thoughts through to the place where you can make the complex seem simple, the obscure quite clear."
Author: David Seabury
4. "And I too change perpetually-now this, now that-now disappointed and peevish because all is not exactly as I had pictured it, and now suddenly discovering that the reality is far more beautiful than I had imagined it. Oh, Helstone! I shall never love any place like you."
Author: Elizabeth Gaskell
5. "Rooms don't change, ornaments stand where you place them: only the heart decays."
Author: Graham Greene
6. "Look around for a place to sow a few seeds."
Author: Henry Van Dyke
7. "Turn around, and the people you thought you knew might change. Your little boy might now live half a world away. Your beautiful daughter might be sneaking out at night. Your ex-husband might by dying by degrees. This is the reason that dancers learn, early on, how to spot while doing pirouettes: we all want to be able to find the place where we started."
Author: Jodi Picoult
8. "I got you here, like I promised I would. I wish...I wish I could've seen your Eden, but this place isn't for me. It never was. I have to find my own place in the world."Bending down, I brushed my lips to his. "Goodbye, Ezekiel,"
Author: Julie Kagawa
9. "Got to be the worst place in the world, inside a oven. You in here, you either cleaning or you getting cooked."
Author: Kathryn Stockett
10. "But I find it necessary to repeat in this particular place that the division into classes, which is so salient a part of modern demonology, had, and has, little significance for primitive man or for the peasant in a comparatively low state of mental development. To such people, spirits of all kinds - fairies, the ghosts of the dead, and even witches and water-kelpies - are all creatures of the supernatural class between which he scarcely differentiates."
Author: Lewis Spence
11. "In that Holy Place where you tell Him everything and he understands; there are angels who stand in wait to hear his every command. How may they serve you and increase your joy?"
Author: Marianne Williamson
12. "Well see what you wanna see. You should see it all. Well take what you want from me. You deserve it all. Nine times out of ten our hearts just get dissolved. Well I want a better place or just a better way to fall."
Author: Modest Mouse
13. "Because when does anybody really grow up? I mean, I feel more grown up now, more in a place of solidity and peace. But I think a lot of people take on these roles as parents, or husband or wife, and immediately think 'That's it. I'm grown up now. Done.'"
Author: Priscilla Ahn
14. "Musing takes place in a kind of meadowlands of the imagination, a part of the imagination that has not yet been plowed, developed, or put to any immediately practical use…time spent there is not work time, yet without that time the mind becomes sterile, dull, domesticated. The fight for free space — for wilderness and public space — must be accompanied by a fight for free time to spend wandering in that space."
Author: Rebecca Solnit
15. "I place an enormous premium on loyalty. If someone betrays me, I can forgive them rationally, but emotionally I have found it impossible to do so."
Author: Richard E. Grant
16. "The accouterments of life were so rich and varied, so elaborated, that almost no place at all was left for life itself. Each and every accessory was so costly and beautiful that it had an existence above and beyond the purpose it was meant to serve – confusing the observer and absorbing attention."
Author: Thomas Mann
Quotes About Radley Place Pictures