Famous Quotes About Reacting To Adversity
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Reacting To Adversity.
Top Quotes About Reacting To Adversity
1. "When it is good, this is a city of fantastic strength, sophistication and beauty. It is like no other city in time or place. Visitors and even natives rarely use the words urban character or environmental style, but that is what they are reacting to with awe in the presence of massed, concentrated, steel, stone, power and life."
Author: Ada Louise Huxtable
2. "Stop reacting to poverty,act upon yourself and start living in prosperity."
Author: Anyaele Sam Chiyson
3. "Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has."
Author: Billy Graham
4. "From the mud of adversity grows the lotus of joy"
Author: Carolyn Marsden
5. "Real integrity stays in place whether the test in adversity or prosperity."
Author: Charles R. Swindoll
6. "Are they real fires? Or are people just reacting to something? Just because there's an alarm going doesn't mean it's a fire. And I think that people are confusing the two. It's only a fire when it offends the fans, and the fans turn on you. Tosh has fans, and they get the joke. If you've watched enough Tracy Morgan, you let the worst thing go by. When did Tracy Morgan become Walter Cronkite? You have to mean something to me to offend me. You can't break up with me if we don't date."
Author: Chris Rock
7. "The pressure of adversity is the most powerful sustainer of accountability. It's as though everything you do is multiplied by 50 in order to surpass those with a head-start. I was never capable of slacking when at the threshold of failure."
Author: Criss Jami
8. "Your response to adversity is what positions you for promotion"
Author: Cynthia Patterson
9. "If nothing else, Malus Darkblade, you can be counted on to react to adversity with as much violence as physically possible"- Tzarkan"
Author: Dan Abnett
10. "To be sure, you would like to live in a world where people in white hats bring people in black hats to justice, but you don't.Don't let this discourage you, though. You can accept that life is unfair and still relish it. You aren't in total control of your life, but there is a nice big chunk of your life over which you have complete authority--beat that part to a pulp. Just remember the unfair nature of the world, the randomness of birthright, means people often suffer adversity and enjoy opulence through no effort of their own. If you think the world is just and fair, people who need help may never get it. Realize that even though we are all responsible for our actions, the blame for evil acts rests on the perpetrator and never the victim. No one deserves to be raped or bullied, robbed or murdered. To make the world more just and fair, you have to make it harder for evil to thrive, and you can't do this just by reducing the number of its potential targets."
Author: David McRaney
11. "If I want to be the best, I have to take risks others would avoid, always optimizing the learning potential of the moment and turning adversity to my advantage. That said, there are times when the body needs to heal, but those are ripe opportunities to deepen the mental, technical, internal side of my game. When aiming for the top, your path requires an engaged, searching mind. You have to make obstacles spur you to creative new angles in the learning process. Let setbacks deepen your resolve. You should always come off an injury or a loss better than when you went down."
Author: Josh Waitzkin
12. "If you see adversity arriving at your game field, time to put on your pads and let see how well you can tackle adversity."
Author: Kevin Abromitis
13. "This is how it needs to be in life. Solomon also wrote these words in Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NIV) "Two are better than one, because if either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls down and has no one to help them up." God didn't intend for us to do life alone. So let me ask you, who do you turn to when life hits you hard in the mouth? Your family? Some trusted friends? A teacher or coach? Are you building relationships today that will be there for you tomorrow when adversity comes your way? Do you have humility to look to others for strength and encouragement, or are you holding to the foolish pride that says, "I need to make it alone"?"
Author: Kirk Cousins
14. "There are spiritual laws at work that most people know nothing about. So when others hurt us, our tendency is to strike back because we assume that we must defend ourselves, defend our name, our honor, our career, and so on. In reality we strike back at ourselves. ... What we consider as justifiable defense of our rights may in reality plunge us into a vicious cycle that can undermine our very spiritual foundation. By reacting to aggression with aggression we lose the opportunity to spiritually benefit from the experience. this law also explains why saints, when hit, often would literally turn the other cheek. (Fr. Maximos)"
Author: Kyriacos C. Markides
15. "Consider the work of God, for who is able to straighten what He has bent? In the day of prosperity be happy, but in the day of adversity consider — God has made the one as well as the other so that man may not discover anything that will be after him. (Ecclesiastes 7:13-14, NASB)"
Author: Linda Dillow
16. "Success advances the man's cause, adversity cleans the man's soul."
17. "Covey's solution is to prioritise work that is important but not urgent (the blue square in thediagram). Though this is hard to do on any given day, it is the only way to ensure you are makingprogress towards your own goals and dreams, instead of merely reacting to what other peoplethrow at you. And over time, the more you are dealing with important things before they becomeurgent, the fewer ‘urgent and important' tasks you will have to deal with.The most obvious way to do this is to work on your own projects first every day, even if it's onlyfor half an hour. Whatever interruptions come along later, you will at least have the satisfaction ofhaving made some progress towards your own goals."
Author: Mark McGuinness
18. "It is prosperity that gives us friends, adversity that proves them: Proverb"
Author: Radostin Chernev
19. "Don't let the workings of adversity totally absorb your life. Try to understand what you can. Act where you are able; then let the matter rest with the Lord for a period while you give to others in worthy ways before you take on appropriate concern again."
Author: Richard G. Scott
20. "By adversity are wrought the greatest works of admiration, and all the fair examples of renown, out of distress and misery are grown."
Author: Samuel Daniel
21. "Have any of you taken a look out at Greece in the last, say, hour or so? (Hermes)What? Are they reacting to the fact I cursed the Apollites? (Apollo)I don't think that bothers them nearly as much as the fact the island of Atlantis is now gone and the Atlantean goddess Apollymi is cutting a swathe through our country, laying waste to everyone and everything she comes into contact with. And in case you're curious, she's headed straight for us. I could be really wrong here, but I'm guessing the woman's extremely pissed. (Hermes)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
22. "Per ardua ad astra. Through adversity to the stars."
Author: Stephen Baxter
23. "I am the happiest man alive. I have that in me that can convert poverty to riches, adversity to prosperity, and I am more invulnerable than Archilles; Fortune hath not one place to hit me."
Author: Thomas Browne
24. "Those who rise to greatness, have endured enormous struggles in their lifetime. It is through their challenges that they forge their will to survive and to keep rising to the top no matter what adversity is thrown against them."
Author: Timothy Pina
25. "I was a little excited but mostly blorft. "Blorft" is an adjective I just made up that means 'Completely overwhelmed but proceeding as if everything is fine and reacting to the stress with the torpor of a possum.' I have been blorft every day for the past seven years."
Author: Tina Fey
26. "You are a strong woman now, not the insecure, introverted, spoiled brat I married. You know adversity and know how to fight for success. You will do great in this world as you carry on. Be careful. Remember: they all want to fuck you. Few will love you. I do and did."
Author: Tit Elingtin
27. "Only adversity provides the opportunity for greatness."
Author: Wayde Goodall
28. "...Communism, it's a reactive formation derived from capitalism. For this reason it's less flexible and has a lower survival potential. The days of laissez-faire capitalism are completely dead, and the assumptions of nineteenth-century Communism are equally dead, because they were based on laissez-faire capitalism. While there's hardly a trace of it left in capitalist countries, Communism is still reacting to something that's been dead for over a hundred years.And present-day Communism clings to this outmoded concepts, refusing to acknowledge the contradictions and failures of the Marxist system. Communism doesn't have any capacity to change. Capitalism is flexible, and it's changing all the time, and it's changed immeasurably. Communism apparently are still asserting that they are not changing, they're following the same Marxist principles. We don't have any principles. It's an advantage."
Author: William S. Burroughs
29. "We cannot infer from prosperity that God is pleased with us, nor can we infer from adversity that he is displeased with us."
Author: Wilson Benton
Quotes About Reacting To Adversity Pictures