Famous Quotes About Reading Your Scriptures
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Reading Your Scriptures.
Top Quotes About Reading Your Scriptures
1. "Do you remember," he said, "one of Holmes's little scores over Watson about the number of steps up to the Baker Street lodging? Poor old Watson had been up and down them a thousand times, but he had never thought of counting them, whereas Holmes had counted them as a matter of course, and knew that there were seventeen. And that was supposed to be the difference between observation and non-observation. Watson was crushed again, and Holmes appeared to him more amazing than ever. Now, it always seemed to me that in that matter Holmes was the ass, and Watson the sensible person. What on earth is the point of keeping in your head an unnecessary fact like that? If you really want to know at any time the number of steps to your lodging, you can ring up your landlady and ask her."
Author: A.A. Milne
2. "There was so much suffering in Africa that it was tempting just to shrug your shoulders and walk away. But you can't do that, she thought. You just can't."
Author: Alexander McCall Smith
3. "To become a great personalty what you need is to be more precise about your deeds, not generous and always keep in mind the majority of people in this planet have traditional thinking about the way of life, they live but one should always aim for the BEST option, not caring about this freaking part of the world but here we have a deal in most of our selections that we avoid the truth or we do not care about but here you will ask me ..dear Amar what is that truth? as per your habit (I won't mind it) after all it's all about your own space of living in your own way. The uniqueness should not be an issue there anyway I am trying to search about that bloody THRUTH and I am pretty sure that someday I will influence this lazy planet !!!"
Author: Amar Singh Saini
4. "When I was a boy, I passed a homeless man, drunk and begging on a street corner. My father, sensing my disgust, said something I never forgot, that I think of every time I see your face on the news or in the paper- "That man was once someone's little boy."
Author: Blake Crouch
5. "Verrà la morte e avrà i tuoi occhi. (Death will come and it will have your eyes.)"
Author: Cesare Pavese
6. "When you are reading your Scriptures in this way—it matters not whether you have read little or much—if a verse stands out and hits you and arrests you, do not go on reading. Stop immediately, and listen to it. It is speaking to you, so listen to it and speak to it. Stop reading at once, and work on this statement that has struck you in this way."
Author: D. Martyn Lloyd Jones
7. "The economy of your country shall never determine the size of your three square meals if you know you can rise against and above all limitations! The climatic emergencies in the weather shall never determine your survival rates if you know you are above their standards!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
8. "The value of your work is not in the dollar. It's in your word."
Author: Jennifer Ho Dougatz
9. "In a series, you really need to stay open-minded. It's not like a play or a film, where you can create and fully commit to your character's back-story."
Author: Johnny Galecki
10. "Well, if nothing else, you are that rock. You can look at it and know that even though the elements can change your shape, you're still you at the core."
Author: June Gray
11. "When she came back minutes later with a great, fat, skinned rabbit, Po had built a fire. The flames cast orange light on the horses and on himself. "It was the least I could do," Po said, drily, "and I see you've already skinned the hare. I'm beginning to think I won't have much responsibility as we travel through the forest together.""Does it other you? You're welcome to do the hunting yourself. Perhaps I can stay by the fire and mend your socks, and scream if I hear strange noises."
Author: Kristin Cashore
12. "If you asked why the post had not come, or why the boat did not sail for England, or why your coffee was cold, or why your boots were not cleaned, or why your window was shut, or why the canary didn't sing,-you would always be sure to be told, "c'est la guerre!"
Author: Louise Mack
13. "Shutup,Caine," Edilio said in a voice so soft it was almost a whisper.Anger, a dangerous anger, flared in Caine. "Who are you to talk to me that way?""You've been the problem, Caine. From the start. You're the one who kept us from ever really being able to unite, to fight this thing, You and your stupid need to control everyone. Don't you come here now all sheepish, all head hanging down and tell me you're scared." Edilio stabbed a finger in Caine's chest. It was such a un-Edilio moment it surprised them both."
Author: Michael Grant
14. "Instead of bracing yourself for the perils of the unknown, embrace the joy that is here, in your present moment."
Author: Michelle Cruz Rosado
15. "I watch a lot of bad TV. I spend my entire day reading and writing, and after dinner my idea of fun is just to watch a lot of bad TV. That's how I relax and stay in touch with modern culture."
Author: Nathaniel Philbrick
16. "Playing with your mind, that's what she's about." Carrick waved a hand, then tossed the little star that clung to his fingertips out over the water, where it trailed silver light. "Cooking you a meal, making everything, herself included, pretty for you. A more devious female I've never known. You're well shed of her."
Author: Nora Roberts
17. "She was rather like one of those innocent-tasting American drinks which creep imperceptibly into your system so that, before you know what you're doing, you're starting out to reform the world by force if necessary and pausing on your way to tell the large man in the corner that, if he looks at you like that, you will knock his head off."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
18. "I think you create your own hipness."
Author: Peabo Bryson
19. "To have endured all the horrors he did, to have seen the worst of humanity and have your life made unrecognizable by it, to come out of all that the honorable and brave and good person I knew him to be— *that* was magical."
Author: Ransom Riggs
20. "Make careful choice of the books which you read: let the holy Scriptures ever have the preeminence. Let Scripture be first and most in your hearts and hands and other books be used as subservient to it. While reading ask yourself: 1. Could I spend this time no better? 2. Are there better books that would edify me more? 3. Are the lovers of such a book as this the greatest lovers of the Book of God and of a holy life? 4. Does this book increase my love to the Word of God, kill my sin, and prepare me for the life to come? "The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails—given by one Shepherd. Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body." Ecclesiastes 12:11-12"
Author: Richard Baxter
21. "Do you always play this hard to get?""I wish I could afford to play hard to get. You women have wised up a lot in the last decade or so. None of my old lines work anymore.""You mean 'wanna get naked' doesn't have women falling all over you?"Mac peered at her over the top of the menu. "Hey, that's my best one.""I'd hate to hear your worst."Yeah, you would. He set the menu down and leaned in as though about to say something confidential. "I crash and burn a lot."Mac and Rachel."
Author: Suzie Quint
22. "As a rule reading fiction is as hard to me as trying to hit a target by hurling feathers at it. I need resistance to celebrate!"
Author: William James
Quotes About Reading Your Scriptures Pictures