Famous Quotes About Reality Tv
Browse 72 famous quotes and sayings about Reality Tv.
Top Quotes About Reality Tv
1. "Among some of the youngsters, I think reality TV has installed that culture into them and inspired a few of them into wanting to be 'TV celebrities.'"
Author: Alan Sugar
2. "I love to hang out with boys - I've got brothers - but I'm a girl's girl, in all the ways you can be girlie. Nails and chats and gossip magazines and reality TV and pop culture."
Author: Alice Eve
3. "With reality TV, sometimes it's amazing chemistry and you get these gems that turn out to be everything you hoped, and the camera loves them and they just blossom on the show. And then sometimes it's not all you envision."
Author: Alison Sweeney
4. "I could suddenly see the pressures all around; these endless magazines and cheap reality TV programmes poking at women, humiliating us for every flaw. It makes me so angry. I really wonder what it is we are doing to ourselves, because I do think women can be the worst ones for picking each other apart."
Author: Amanda Burton
5. "Long before the arrival of reality TV - before speed cameras, before recording angels on buses and lampposts - I felt I was living in a country that already knew how to watch itself. It was journalism that held the responsibility for seeing who we were and noticing what we did."
Author: Andrew O'Hagan
6. "Nobody wants to sit where I'm sitting and say, 'Hey, this is the reality. I did two movies, six guest-star spots and I starred in a one-woman show, and I'm not making any money. I'm on TV every day in every country in the world, and I don't make any money.'"
Author: Beth Broderick
7. "I can't just only be on reality TV and show everything when it's the fairy princess, fairytale, and then not take my hits when I have to."
Author: Bethenny Frankel
8. "So I'm on a little one-man crusade to bring the obituary closer to the front of the paper. Let's sing a bit louder about the unsung. Rather than spending all our time watching stupid people doing stupid things and being filmed by other stupid people on reality TV shows, why don't we spend a few minutes each day reading about good people doing good things? I'm not being a hippy. It's just that we've got to improve ourselves as a species or we are absolutely doomed."
Author: Billy Connolly
9. "Sat outside in my car as if I was on an episode of a new reality TV show, Whorehunters."
Author: Christine Zolendz
10. "Wait, maybe I could get a reality TV contract. We could call it Grim in the City."
Author: Darynda Jones
11. "I don't watch reality TV."
Author: Dave Attell
12. "I think it's very dangerous, the idea of celebrity - you have to be constantly controversial to maintain the status of celebrity. Reality TV is the death of entertainment - it's just mindless TV but popular because of its voyeuristic nature, and people are very voyeuristic."
Author: David Suchet
13. "Ah, reality TV: where opportunists delight in exposing opportunism! It's kind of like the indie music scene."
Author: Diablo Cody
14. "True Love is not a reality TV show!"
Author: E. Grey Lorimer
15. "...now that everyone could vote from home, via the OASIS, the only people who could get elected were movie stars, reality TV personalities, or radical televangelists."
Author: Ernest Cline
16. "Reality TV rots people's brains."
Author: Georgia Jagger
17. "I've literally seen it all, and the worst thing, the thing that makes me want to blow my brains out, is: The secondhand experience is always better. The image is crisper, the view is keener, the camera angle and the soundtrack manipulate my emotions in a way reality can't anymore. I don't know that we are actually human at this point, those of us who are like most of us, who grew up with TV and movies and now the Internet. If we are betrayed, we know the words to say; when a loved one dies, we know the words to say. If we want to play the stud or the smart-ass or the fool, we know the words to say. We are all working from the same dog-eared script."
Author: Gillian Flynn
18. "I do like reality TV. I've always liked 'Survivor' since season 1."
Author: Heather Doerksen
19. "Truth is stranger than fiction, which is why reality TV is so popular."
Author: Heather Dubrow
20. "In the voyeurism of Reality TV, the viewer's passivity is kept intact, pampered and massaged and force-fed Chicken McNuggets of carefully edited snippets that permit him or her to sit in easy judgment and feel superior at watching familiar strangers make fools of themselves. Reality TV looks in only one direction: down."
Author: James Wolcott
21. "Why watch reality TV when I can just open my blinds and look out my window to all the reality I can handle?"
Author: Jarod Kintz
22. "Reality TV was to me the worst form of entertainment--the modern equivalent of paying sixpence to watch lunatics howling at the wall down at the local madhouse."
Author: Jasper Fforde
23. "I can't stand folk who are all snobby about reality TV."
Author: Jenny Eclair
24. "Don't despair for story's future or turn curmudgeonly over the rise of video games or reality TV. The way we experience story will evolve, but as storytelling animals, we will no more give it up than start walking on all fours."
Author: Jonathan Gottschall
25. "People ask me all the time, 'Are you fed up with reality TV?' At the end of the day, it can affect my career in the sense that the more reality shows there are, the less scripted dramas out there, but I can't ever really knock them. I started on 'Popstars,' which was a reality talent show. I have respect for them."
Author: Josh Henderson
26. "My life used to be boring. A damnation here, a curse there, with an occasional blight or two to break routine. Now I have Aisling...She's better than reality TV, Internet porn sites, and the trashloids all put together.' - Jim"
Author: Katie MacAlister
27. "Reality TV is a totally different animal than the infomercial world."
Author: Kevin Harrington
28. "I do have 14 tattoos, but I also do come home every single night and watch reality TV with my cat."
Author: Lea Michele
29. "Today, we live in a culture that is less concerned with excellence and more concerned with authenticity. That's why there are more than two hundred reality TV shows."
Author: Mark Driscoll
30. "People failed to realize that when you're living such a hyper, super reality of a life, where you're just doing shows and you're on TV and you're talking to this magazine, that doesn't bode well for trying to talk about everyday stuff that hopefully you'll connect with people on."
31. "I held it together for the rest of the drive home but as soon as Kelsey dropped me off I flopped face down on the couch and sobbed like a reality TV star on confessional day."
Author: Molly Harper
32. "There's a hardening of the culture. Reality TV has lowered the standards of entertainment. You're left wondering about the legitimacy of relationships. It's probably harder to entertain the same people with a more classic form of writing, and romantic comedies are a classic genre."
Author: Nancy Meyers
33. "I enjoy watching Fear Factor, Newlyweds and American Idol as far as reality TV shows go."
Author: Natalie Gulbis
34. "I think that reality TV is so bad. It is a tool by the media to not make people think."
Author: Naveen Andrews
35. "I'm pretty captivated by reality TV and I know that as an actor I probably shouldn't be saying that, but it's what I like to watch."
Author: Nikki Cox
36. "I knew it was time to get off of reality TV when someone asked me if I sang as well as acted."
Author: Ozzy Osbourne
37. "I'm trying to write a TV show. Ideally it would be just a reality-TV show, getting the guy who played Eddie Winslow and Kirk Cameron to live in a house. The Jehovah's Witnesses would come to the house a lot or something like that. I kind of like the idea of Scientologists and Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses trying to convert Kirk Cameron."
Author: Patrick Carney
38. "I think that's where reality TV works - you don't know where it's going."
Author: Pete Waterman
39. "Reality TV finds talented people. There are no scripts. The editing is what it's all about. Great editing makes those shows."
Author: Pete Waterman
40. "Reality TV is here, it's been here really since the Carol Levis Discovery Show in 1957. It's never changed. It just looks a bit different."
Author: Pete Waterman
41. "If you're rude for television's sake, it ain't reality TV."
Author: Pete Waterman
42. "Television is kind of a disappointment. I often want to watch it, but I find it quite hard - I don't like soaps, reality TV or celebrity chefs."
Author: Quentin Blake
43. "Outside, milling under the ubiquitous gaze of security cameras, are bright splashes of colorful souls wearing crystals, beads, and Native American Indian paraphernalia; middle-aged academics with "Erowid" drug website t-shirts; and passengers that give you that odd conspiratorial smile that says, "yes, we are here for the conference." And here we are chowing down on McDonalds and donut King, getting our last hits of civilization before hitting the jungle city of Iquitos and shamanic boot camp. It feels like some whacked-out reality TV show, a generational snapshot of a new psychedelic wave just before it breaks. Bright-eyed Westerners about to die and be reborn in the humid jungles of Peru, drinking the hallucinogenic brew ayahuasca..."
Author: Rak Razam
44. "Reality TV is set up to make people entertaining. A good person with values and principles is not good television."
Author: Ronda Rousey
45. "I'm not a fan of reality shows, but I am a fan of people who use their brains and skills and hard work to outsmart people, not to steal someone's man or get drunk on TV."
Author: Sandra Bullock
46. "They told you to get your résumé in order, to punch your ticket, to fit in, and to follow instructions. They told you to swallow your pride, not to follow your dream. They promised trinkets and prizes and possibly riches if you would just suck it up and be part of the system, if you would merely do what you were told and conform. They sold you debt and self-storage and reality TV shows. They sold your daughters and sons, too.All in exchange for what would happen later, when it was your turn. It's your turn."
Author: Seth Godin
47. "I love watching reality TV, but being part of making it was just demoralizing."
Author: Sia Furler
48. "Reality shows are all the rage on TV at the moment, but that's not reality, it's just another aesthetic form of fiction."
Author: Steven Soderbergh
49. "Careful not to blur the lines between what belongs to characters, and what does not belong to you. Even 'reality tv' is scripted. Don't get it twisted. ~T.F. Hodge"
Author: T.F. Hodge
50. "I love looking at people who have achieved a lot - even Kim Kardashian, who has made a brand out of being a reality TV star; I applaud that."
Author: Tamara Ecclestone
Quotes About Reality Tv Pictures