Famous Quotes About Realized
Browse 2063 famous quotes and sayings about Realized.
Top Quotes About Realized
1. "And the more I thought about it, the more I dug ut of memory things I had overlooked or forgotten. I realized then that a man who had lived only a day could easily live for a hundred years in prison. He would have enough memories to keep him from being bored."
Author: Albert Camus
2. "I realized I needed my own love more than the people I selflessly gave it to."
Author: Alishah Khan
3. "I lied. I do that, you know, when it suits me. I would have thought you'd realized that by now."
Author: Anne Stuart
4. "I realized my family was funny, because nobody ever wanted to leave our house."
Author: Anthony Anderson
5. "I stood there, watching her. The whole world was a dream, I realized. Everyone was acting in a bad soap opera. The whole world was one big FOX TV show."
Author: Blake Nelson
6. "Even though I had been boxing, I had no idea I could beat somebody in the ring. And I had no idea I could really take a punch. When I realized that, I really started taking off."
Author: Cara Castronuova
7. "It was darker in the tower than any place Devnee had ever been. The dark had textures, some velvet, some satin. The dark shifted positions.The dark continued to breathe. The breath of the tower lifted her clothing like the flaps of a tent, and sounded in her ears like falling snow.It's the wind coming through the double shutters, Devnee told herself.But how could the wind come through? There were glass windows between the inside and outside shutters.Or were there?The windows weren't just holes in the wall, were they?What if there was no glass? What if things crawled through those open louvers, crept into the room, blew in with the cold that fingered her hair? What creatures of the night could slither through those slats?She had not realized how wonderful glass was, how it protected you and kept you inside.She knew something was out there."
Author: Caroline B. Cooney
8. "...this time I didn't launch into my usual tirade. Was it a memory of Krishna, the cool silence with which he countered disagreement, that stopped me? I saw something I hadn't realized before: words wasted energy."
Author: Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
9. "In the '60s when I was a student, there was this campaign to destroy 75 percent of the old buildings in Paris, replacing them with modern architecture. I realized this as a dangerous utopia. This modern vision did not understand the richness of the city. Thankfully, such destruction did not happen."
Author: Christian De Portzamparc
10. "The next morning he drove the stranger's car half way to the Registry of Motor Vehicles before he realized he could not apply for a driver's license. He suddenly realized he had left his name at the prison."
Author: Deirdre Elizabeth Parker
11. "Having a dance background, I became used to rejection at an early age. Dance is very competitive, especially for a sensitive person like me. But I realized it's better not to take it so seriously. If you beat yourself up, it's hard to keep going."
Author: Dianna Agron
12. "I realized immediately that this was a terribly important discovery, but I didn't realize how important it would be until we had spent a lot of time in the laboratory studying it."
Author: Donald Johanson
13. "The Oxys filled holes in me I hadn't realized were empty. It was, at least for those first few months, a wonderful way to be disabled. I felt blessed."
Author: Donald Ray Pollock
14. "No one has yet realized the wealth of sympathy, the kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure."
Author: Emma Goldman
15. "As I crawled out of the abyss of combat and over the rail of the Sea Runner, I realized that compassion for the sufferings of others is a burden to those who have it. As Wilfred Owen's poem "Insensibility" puts it so well, those who feel most of others suffer most in war."
Author: Eugene B. Sledge
16. "I was almost awestruck when I realized that like this meant without a condom. Jack's vulnerability shone through him in that exact moment like a lighthouse beacon in a raging storm. Somewhere along the way, we'd crossed an imaginary line where feelings and emotions blurred into the unknown. A place neither of us dared to go before."
Author: J. Sterling
17. "I had lived all of my youthful dreams, but I couldn't think of many adult ones. I finally realized that we don't have many dreams for adults because, historically, people have always died much younger than they do today."
Author: Jack Gilbert
18. "That's about when people realized that this wasn't some kind of show, an optical illusion or something to stand around and point at. They might not have understood what they were seeing, but whatever instinct humans possessed that triggered that flight response kicked in. It became all about survival- about getting away from the big, bad unknown- while trying to snap pictures of the spectacle at the same time.Got to love the near-innate human response to capture everything on film."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
19. "Thoughts said aloud are mutant by nature. No matter how expertly one plumbs the depths of subjective understanding, Gorgias realized to his horror, or how artistically rendered and devastatingly precise language may be, truth still falls on ears that hear something altogether different from what exists in reality."
Author: Jesse Bering
20. "-Hardly knowing what i was doing, i began to hit the table with one hand as i sang in a low voice. Big cows" -thump- "lumps of meat" -thump. His widened. "Give me milk" -thump- "warm and sweet."I stopped abruptly, pressing my lips together as I realized what I had just sung. The ridiculousness of it struck me forcibly and I knew I could not goon without laughing. We stared at each other,locked in a stalemate, his eyes brimming with laughter, his lips trembling. My chin quivered. Against my will, a sound burst from me. It was a very unladylike snort.-"
Author: Julianne Donaldson
21. "No doubt he was brooding upstairs in their bedroom, or perhaps in his study, wishing to God that he'd had the sense to stay the hell away from her as her father asked of him.God knew there had been a few moments as of late when she'd thought the very same.And then she realized that she would rather be miserable with Grey than content with any other man. How pathetic and deranged was that?"
Author: Kathryn Smith
22. "I'm treating country music like it's a sport. I'm looking at where my competition is and realized I needed to work on my songwriting."
Author: Kip Moore
23. "And there it is! Bravo! I knew it was only a matter of time before Byron realized he had an audience. That man is simply incapable of keeping his shirt on when there are spectators. One Christmas Eve, he stripped his shirt off right in the middle of the choir's rendition of Oh Child of Bethlehem. Coincidentally, the next song was Come Let Us Adore Him and the imbecile actually launched into some interpretive dance."
Author: Kirt J. Boyd
24. "You're a teenage girl, sweetheart. Growing and changing every day. As you're trying to find out who you are and what you want to be, you have to experiment and try different things, alter clothes, friends, personalities. I don't think anyone so young can truly be one color just yet. And you're my only student who's realized that."
Author: Linda Kage
25. "I realized I wasn't going to find a man until I was willing to expose myself to possible harm, to assume the risks of rejection and betrayal and heartbreak that came along with caring about someone. Someday, I promised myself, I would be ready for that kind of risk."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
26. "I lacked some essential skill for attracting people, for giving and receiving love easily. It meant too much to me. I seemed to be driving away the people I most wanted. Finally I had realized that getting someone to love you was like trying to coax a bird to perch on your finger . . . it wouldn't happen unless you stopped trying so hard."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
27. "She wondered if Westcliff had really been affected by her perfume. Something had happened to make him behave so strangely. And judging from the expression on his face when he realized what he had done, Westcliff had been shocked by his own behavior. The logical thing to do was test this perfume."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
28. "I was like, Am I gay? Am I straight? And I realized...I'm just slutty. Where's my parade?"
Author: Margaret Cho
29. "Running, I soon realized, was the best way to stay ahead of fear."
Author: Margot Livesey
30. "Out of nowhere, Valek appeared before me, yelling in my ear, shaking my shoulders. Stupidly, belatedly, I realized he was the drunk. Who else but Valek could win a fight against four large men when armed only with a beer mug?"
Author: Maria V. Snyder
31. "I realized something on the ride. I realized if I wait until I'm not scared to try new things, then I'll never get to try them at all."
Author: Marie Sexton
32. "For me, hands are hard." She looks up from what she's doing. "Because you're holding this disconnected hand, and it's holding you back." Cadavers occasionally effect a sort of accidental humanness that catches the medical professional off guard. I once spoke to an anatomy student who described a moment in the lab when she realized that the cadaver's arm was around her waist. It becomes difficult, under circumstances such as these, to retain one's clinical remove."
Author: Mary Roach
33. "I knew love was a burden to her. But it was an agreeable burden. She was very delicate. Sometimes I wondered whether she realized to what extent love was an adventure. To her it seemed to be a refuge against the bitterness of the world; to me it wasn't a destination but a stop exposed to winds, to thunders, a stop exposed to storms, a stop among other stops between the first day and the last day in the life of every man and woman. I wished Therese could realize that we were only friends."
Author: Mbella Sonne Dipoko
34. "Tell me a story,' she whispered.'What kind of story?''One that'll make me have good dreams.''Better give me a rating for that dream.''Surprise me.'....'Once upon a time there was a girl...''Not a princess.' 'No. Definitely not. She was too smart to be a princess. Tough, too.''Yeah?''Oh yeah. Stronger than anyone realized.''Does she live happily ever after?''Shouldn't there be something in the middle?''I like to read the ending first. So did she?''Yes."
Author: Melissa Marr
35. "In this stillness that is at the same time movement, in this darkness that is at the same time light, change is found not in the realm of ideas but in the energizing desire that is realized through precipitation. Desire tends towards its own realization and change takes place when the desire for it shatters the bounds of the possible, breaking the dialectical equilibrium holding together the framework of what is existent. It is at such moments that the imaginary flows into the real and overwhelms it, inundating it until it has been absorbed."
Author: Michael Richardson
36. "When Communism has been realized, everyone will be a novelist."
Author: Mo Yan
37. "Half asleep, he wondered whether that might not have been his happiest day ever, the last, perfect day swelling with the immensity of his secret intent, secret creation—the day before everything changed—the day before he realized, for the first time, yet with absolute finality, just how small his private immensity really was when measured against that other vast, dark, impersonal immensity, call it God, or history, or simply life."
Author: Olga Grushin
38. "You are mine. I can do what I want with you. I can dress you. Fuck you. Send you away. Loan you to others. You belong to me. And you've finally realized it isn't romantic, it isn't sexy, or fun. It's something no one should want or desire. You're a captive."
Author: Pepper Winters
39. "..when I tried to talk to him I realized that, though ties of blood made us kin, though I could see a shadow of my face in his face, though there was an echo of my voice in his voice, we were forever strangers, speaking a different language, living on vastly distant planes of reality"
Author: Richard Wright
40. "You've got the wrong girl.""On the contrary..." the voice murmured, "I've got exactly the girl I want." Her body turned to ice. Her mind fought for calm. There were people only yards away, yet she was alone... "You're bleeding." Lips closed over hers. A kiss so passionate that time faded and stopped... so passionate, it sucked her breath away... Searing heat swept through her- pain and pleasure throbbing through her veins. With a helpless moan, she leaned into him and realized with a shock the kiss had ended."
Author: Richie Tankersley Cusick
41. "Failure is usually boring. It is the credible but unrealized threat of failure that is interesting."
Author: Robin D. Laws
42. "It occurred to Soo-Ja that if she gave him permission, he'd kiss her right then and there. But she realized that all along, what she really wasn't to have him in the present - how could she, married woman that she was, married man that he was — but to rewrite the past, have him go back in time and create a version that allowed them to kiss. To be able to kiss him did not seem to take much — a step forward, the angling of her face. But, in fact, it required rearranging the molecules of every interaction they had ever had, from the very first day they met."
Author: Samuel Park
43. "I was a total athlete. I loved sports, but when I realized I wasn't going to be a professional athlete, I realized I wanted to be in movies."
Author: Seann William Scott
44. "When a person thinks you are too good for them, they create a wall without even taking a chance. The best life that God has in store for a person is often thrown away because of what he or she thinks they deserve. True love is not the life you had, but the life you never realized you could have."
Author: Shannon L. Alder
45. "Malphas surveyed the women's bodies with utter disgust and sorrowuntil he realized Tabitha was still alive. He knelt by her side and cradled her head tenderly. "Tabby... I'm so sorry"Grimacing she opened her eyes as she labored to breathe. She laughed bitterly, exposing a set of bleeding teeth. "there are some things that sorry doesn't fix, Caleb.""Shhh, don't speak. I can--""you failed us," She went limp in his arms. Her eyes went Dull.Wincing, Caleb held her close to his heart and stroked her bloody hair. "No, Tabby. I failed myself.""Most of all, I failed Nick."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
46. "When did you first feel like a grown woman and not a girl?" We wrote down our answers and shared them, first in pairs, then in larger groups. The group of women was racially and economically diverse, but the answers had a very similar theme. Almost everyone first realized they were becoming a grown woman when some dude did something nasty to them. "I was walking home from ballet and a guy in a car yelled, ‘Lick me!'" "I was babysitting my younger cousins when a guy drove by and yelled, ‘Nice ass.'" There were pretty much zero examples like "I first knew I was a woman when my mother and father took me out to dinner to celebrate my success on the debate team." It was mostly men yelling shit from cars. Are they a patrol sent out to let girls know they've crossed into puberty? If so, it's working."
Author: Tina Fey
47. "Ah, Kurosaki, I see you've finally realized the importance of a cape.~Uryu Ishida"
Author: Tite Kubo
48. "No sooner had he thought this than he realized what was anchoring his happiness. It was purpose. He knew what he wanted to do. He knew the way he thought things should be, and Mr. Harinton was proving that other people--even adults--could feel the same way. Nicholas had something to aim for now. He might not know what he wanted to be when he grew up, but he knew with absolute certainty how he wanted to be."
Author: Trenton Lee Stewart
49. "He said, 'From then on, I realized that I was not just abandoned. I was chosen. I was special.' And I think that's the key to understanding Steve Jobs."
Author: Walter Isaacson
50. "This, I finally realized, was how Mom was able to focus when I was not. It was how she was able to be present with me, present with the people at a benefit or the hospital. She felt whatever emotions she felt, but feeling was never a useful substitute for doing, and she never let the former get in the way of the latter. If anything, she used her emotions to motivate her and help her concentrate. The emphasis for her was always on doing what needed to be done. I had to learn this lesson while she was still there to teach me."
Author: Will Schwalbe
Quotes About Realized Pictures