Famous Quotes About Recovery And Addiction
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Recovery And Addiction.
Top Quotes About Recovery And Addiction
1. "This will result in wells that will make a substantial improvement in the recovery factor just because they are absolutely in the proper place within the reservoir for the purposes of drainage."
Author: Andrew Gould
2. "We must move in our recovery from one addiction to another for two major reasons: first, we have not recognized and treated the underlying addictive process, and second, we have not accurately isolated and focused upon the specific addictions."
Author: Anne Wilson Schaef
3. "I didn't see it happening, but the wheels were falling off of me. I didn't care about responsibilities like paying rent, I was just on a runaway train ride. The horribly ironic cosmic trick of drug addiction is that drugs are a lot of fun when you first start using them, but by the time the consequences manifest themselves, you're no longer in a position to say, 'Whoa, gotta stop that.' You've lost that ability, and you've created this pattern of conditioning and reinforcement. It's never something for nothing when drugs are involved."
Author: Anthony Kiedis
4. "Help me give up my addiction to Hope."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
5. "My biggest gripe is still hope. In hell, hope is a really really bad habit. Like smoking cigarettes or fingernail biting. Hope is something really tough and tenacious you have to give up. It's an addiction to break. Yes, I know the word tenacious. I'm 13 and disillusioned. And a little lonely."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
6. "Jane's Addiction has only put out new music when our hearts were in and when we had something to say creatively."
Author: Dave Navarro
7. "That's it. With equal parts regret and relief, the Jane's Addiction experiment is at an end."
Author: Eric Avery
8. "Addiction" might be the best word to explain the lostness that so deeply permeates society. Our addiction make us cling to what the world proclaims as the keys to self-fulfillment: accumulation of wealth and power; attainment of status and admiration; lavish consumption of food and drink, and sexual gratification without distinguishing between lust and love. These addictions create expectations that cannot but fail to satisfy our deepest needs. As long as we live within the world's delusions, our addictions condemn us to futile quests in "the distant country," leaving us to face an endless series of disillusionments while our sense of self remains unfulfilled. In these days of increasing addictions, we have wandered far away from our Father's home. The addicted life can aptly be designated a life lived in "a distant country." It is from there that our cry for deliverance rises up."
Author: Henri J.M. Nouwen
9. "Very large scale disasters, especially those that have occurred in the developing world, have very long recovery periods."
Author: Irwin Redlener
10. "All behavioral or mood disorders - including depression, OCD, ADHD and addiction - have some neurochemical components, but sufferers can still work to overcome them."
Author: Jeffrey Kluger
11. "I wrote in my journal about how good I felt when I was not living under Ed's control. Then, when I really felt like giving up, I read these pages and realized that I was striving for in recovery was a real possibility. I thought about these experiences and used them as encouragement to keep moving forward. Even one minute of freedom was proof that I was getting better. At first, these times were few and far between. Now, these moments are connected; they are my life"
Author: Jenni Schaefer
12. "Mr. Speaker, as a grateful recovering alcoholic of 24 years myself, I am living proof that treatment does work and that recovery is real."
Author: Jim Ramstad
13. "(On his addiction to opiods): I'll die young, but it's like kissing God."
Author: Lenny Bruce
14. "Many people say that recovery from an aneurysm is like having a layer of skin ripped off - your experience of life is more intense."
Author: Maryam D'Abo
15. "The recovery of the Gulf Coast region will take years to complete."
Author: Max Baucus
16. "Their addiction to suffering is nothing but an agreement that is reinforced every day."
Author: Miguel Ruiz
17. "I can only hope the federal aid made available today will be sufficient in our recovery efforts, and pray that our citizens continue to be safe from the fallout of this dangerous natural disaster."
Author: Mike Rogers
18. "[T]he only luxury he allows himself is buying books, paperback books, mostly novels, American novels, British novels, foreign novels in translation, but in the end books are not luxuries so much as necessities, and reading is an addiction he has no wish to be cured of."
Author: Paul Auster
19. "I have a little bit of an addiction to work. So I'm always hiding in the bathroom with my Blackberry to work when I'm on holiday."
Author: Penelope Cruz
20. "We have seen what the dependence and addiction to foreign oil has done to us economically."
Author: Ron Kind
21. "I can't help feeling as if this is my last chance," Evan said. He was sitting opposite Dr. Lorne, a psychiatrist at the Havilland Recovery Cabin in north western New Jersey. It was the next to the last day of his fourth pass through a twenty-eight day program for sex and alcohol addiction. The sex addiction was questionable; the alcohol was not."
Author: Ryan Field
22. "The road to recovery is to stimulate small business and innovation by reducing taxation, regulation, and litigation."
Author: Sandy Adams
23. "The world is likely to view any temporary extension of the income tax cuts for the top two percent as a prelude to a long-term or permanent extension, and that would hurt economic recovery as well by undermining confidence that we're prepared to make a commitment today to bring down our future deficits."
Author: Timothy Geithner
Quotes About Recovery And Addiction Pictures