Famous Quotes About Regaining Lost Love
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Regaining Lost Love.
Top Quotes About Regaining Lost Love
1. "Every love song I write now is because of you. Every song I will ever write for the rest of my life will be because of you."
Author: A. Meredith Walters
2. "He knew at the same time that this stricture of acceptance (by which what we must love is made into what we can love) would eventually be a part of himself"
Author: Djuna Barnes
3. "...though she had not had the strength to shake off the spell that bound her to him she had lost all spontaneity of feeling, and seemed to herself to be passively awaiting a fate she could not avert."
Author: Edith Wharton
4. "It's good for everyone to understand that they are to love their enemies, simply because your enemies show you things about yourself you need to change. So in actuality enemies are friends in reverse."
Author: Gary Busey
5. "I joke to people in the press that I realize I'm not black, I'm actually white. But I've got these roots in black American music. I love it."
Author: Glenn Hughes
6. "Nearly everyone who is asked where they want to spend their final days says at home, surrounded by people they love and who love them. That's the consistent finding of surveys and, in my experience as a doctor, remains true when people become patients. Unfortunately, it's not the way things turn out. At present, just over one-fifth of Americans are at home when they die. Over 30 percent die in nursing homes, where, according to polls, virtually no one says they want to be. Hospitals remain the site of over 50 percent of deaths in most parts of the country, and nearly 40 percent of people who die in a hospital spend their last days in ICU, where they will likely be sedated or have their arms tied down so they will not pull out breathing tubes, intravenous lines, or catheters. Dying is hard, but it doesn't have to be this hard."
Author: Ira Byock
7. "…there was no more safety to be found in love than there was to be found in a virus."
Author: John Irving
8. "He mentioned a dear friend Morrie had, Maurie Stein, who had first sent Morrie's aphorisms to the Boston Globe. They had been together at Brandeis since the early sixties. Now Stein was going deaf. Koppel imagined the two men together one day, one unable to speak, the other unable to hear. What would that be like?"We will hold hands," Morrie said. "And there'll be a lot of love passing between us. Ted, we've had thirty-five years of friendship. You don't need speech or hearing to feel that."
Author: Mitch Albom
9. "When the heart is hard and parched up, come upon me with a shower of mercy.When grace is lost from life, come with a burst of song.When tumultuous work raises its din on all sides shutting me out from beyond, come to me, my lord of silence, with thy peace and rest.When my beggarly heart sits crouched, shut up in a corner, break open the door, my king, and come with the ceremony of a king.When desire blinds the mind with delusion and dust, O thou holy one, thou wakeful, come with thy light and thy thunder."
Author: Rabindranath Tagore
10. "Family or love or romance, whatever it is, is not restricted to perfect people. If it were, it wouldn't exist. All of that comes out in my work in some way."
Author: Sara Zarr
11. "Take solace in that, regardless of the fact that the love you had in your mind was lost, it was fairer than any, and you can take that with you forever."
Author: Taylor Nadeau
12. "Ultimate reality is a community of persons who know and love one another. That is what the universe, God, history, and life is all about. If you favor money, power, and accomplishment over human relationships, you will dash yourself on the rocks of reality [...][it is] impossible [...] to stay fully human if you refuse the cost of forgiveness, the substitutional exchange of love, and the confinements of community.[...] We believe the world was made by a God who is a community of persons who have loved each other for all eternity. You were made for mutually self-giving, other directed love. Self-centeredness destroys the fabric of what God has made."
Author: Timothy Keller
Quotes About Regaining Lost Love Pictures