Famous Quotes About Rehab
Browse 77 famous quotes and sayings about Rehab.
Top Quotes About Rehab
1. "Until I went to rehab, I didn't understand what it did."
Author: Aaron Neville
2. "I believe, and I may be wrong, the system sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Prison is supposed to rehabilitate, but they don't do that in a lot of cases."
Author: Amaury Nolasco
3. "My secret world of bosom sculpting is crashing down around me. I'm destined for bra-stuffing rehab in a distant boobicus minimus land. I just know it."
Author: Amy Holder
4. "I'm of the school of thought where, if you can't sort something out for yourself, no one can help you. Rehab is great for some people but not others."
Author: Amy Winehouse
5. "I have a spiritual advisor I call up, when I just feel lost. Lately, I've been talking to God. I developed this dialogue in rehab, this dialogue with God, and every day I talk to God."
Author: Andy Dick
6. "Most humbling of all is to comprehend the lifesaving gift that your pit crew of people has been for you, and all the experiences you have shared, the journeys together, the collaborations, births and deaths, divorces, rehab, and vacations, the solidarity you have shown one another. Every so often you realize that without all of them, your life would be barren and pathetic. It would be Death of a Salesman, though with e-mail and texting."
Author: Anne Lamott
7. "There was an uncommon array of people in there [rehab] with me, and I became friends with all of them. You recognize the possibility of your own demise in the lives of these other people. You're doing the same thing they are, but you can't see it in yourself. However, you start seeing all of these tragedies and potential miracles in other people. It's a real eye- and heart-opening situation."
Author: Anthony Kiedis
8. "There wasn't any single moment of bedazzling revelation, it was more of an education process. The more I learned about the nature of addiction, the more I was willing to look at my own behavior and history. And the more I was able to help the people I was in there with, the more it all made sense. A lot of this process came through witnessing the sickness of these people I was in rehab with, for me to see these people and care about them, and to know how slim their chances were of ever changing the demonic possession they had been living with. I realized this was not the jail I wanted to live my life in."
Author: Anthony Kiedis
9. "The most mortifying fact of my life is something that happened when I was fourteen and I have never admitted to anyone: not to friends nor therapists; not even in rehab when we were detailing our own personal spirals of shame did I confess. It is this: I am a graduate of the Barbizon School of Modeling."
Author: Augusten Burroughs
10. "Freshly brainwashed from rehab, I carry the bottle into the bathroom. I hold it up to the light. See the pretty bottle? Isn't it beautiful? Yes, it's beautiful. I unscrew the cap and pour it into the toilet. I flush twice. And then I think, why did I flush twice? The answer, is of course, because I truly do know myself. I cannot be sure I won't attempt to drink from the toilet, like a dog."
Author: Augusten Burroughs
11. "Slash sat me down at his house and said, You've got to clean up your act. You know you've gone too far when Slash is saying, Look, you've got to get into rehab."
Author: Charlie Sheen
12. "I don't get high, but sometimes I wish I did. That way, when I messed up in life I would have an excuse. But right now there's no rehab for stupidity."
Author: Chris Rock
13. "The worst gift I was given is when I got out of rehab that Christmas; a bottle of wine. It was delicious."
Author: Craig Ferguson
14. "It is all about rehab. Most doctors can make you 100 percent well physically. I would tell you that it is 25 percent about the surgery and 75 percent about the rehab."
Author: Curt Schilling
15. "I think, like many others, I realized that only the massive introduction of American support in one form or another, could possibly bring about a rehabilitation of the economies of those countries within a reasonable time."
Author: David K. E. Bruce
16. "My daughter, Carly, has been in and out of drug treatment facilities since she was thirteen. Every time she goes away, I have a routine: I go through her room and search for drugs she may have left behind. We have a laugh these days because Carly says, "So you were lookingfor drugs I might have left behind? I'm a drug addict, Mother. We don't leave drugs behind, especially if we're going into treatment. We do all the drugs. We don't save drugs back for later. If I have drugs, I do them. All of them. If I had my way, we would stop for more drugs on the way to rehab, and I would do them in the parking lot of the treatment center."
Author: Dina Kucera
17. "Six months ago, her old doctor at the Henry J. Hamilton Rehabilitation Centee had put her back on all her medications after somebody disguised in a paper bag had tried to strangle her in front of the Tobacco Friendly. Though she described the sack perfectly, even drew a picture of it down at the station, the cops never found a single suspect."
Author: Donald Ray Pollock
18. "We are waiting and waiting and doing nothing, until it is too late, and they commit crimes so serious that all society wants to do is punish instead of rehabilitate."
Author: Edward Humes
19. "Just as if Manetho's "Aegyptiaca" or the second book of Aristotle's "Poetics" reappeared, the simple fact that such a significant text as "The Gospel of Judas," believed to be lost forever, comes back to light, constitutes in itself an absolutely exceptional event. But in the present case, the impact of such a discovery takes on particular importance, since, through the rehabilitation of Judas, by presenting him as the closest disciple of Christ and as the one he chose to "betray" him in order to fulfill God's will, this text not only seriously challenges one of the most firmly rooted believes in Christian tradition, but also reduces one of the favorite themes of anti-Semitism to nothing"
Author: François Gaudard
20. "We have to stop the propaganda, the shameful propaganda used by Kremlin to rehabilitate these old types."
Author: Garry Kasparov
21. "That anyone would want to be famous still mystified Colin. As TV had trained him to do, he associated the word with divorces and court appearances and rehab and jail time. He knew more than he wanted about all of those except rehab, and that was the one famous people blew off anyway."
Author: Harry Turtledove
22. "I am too far gone to be rehabilitated."
Author: Henry Rollins
23. "Curious that a man as selfish as he should be offering himself to the service of dead dogs. There must be other, more productive ways of giving oneself to the world, or to an idea of the world... ...But there are other people to do such things - the animal welfare thing, the social rehabilitation thing, even the Byron thing. He saves the honour of corpses because there is no one else stupid enough to do it."
Author: J.M. Coetzee
24. "Listen, you mind if I take a T.O. and check in for a sec," he interjected.V's diamond eyes narrowed. "With who?"Right on cue, John jumped in, asking about the Hummer and its rehab plan—like somebody waving a torch in front of a T. rex to redirect it. As V started talking about the SUV's future as lawn sculpture, Qhuinn nearly blew a kiss at his buddy."
Author: J.R. Ward
25. "People die all around us all the time. Drop like flies. Overdose. Aids. Sometimes they kill themselves. People come. They go. Dying is the same as rehab or moving back to Missouri. It just means I won't be seeing them again"
Author: James St. James
26. "If we are to succeed, we must recognize that the community redevelopment is not solely the rehabilitation of housing, or putting a mall in the business strips."
Author: Jane Byrne
27. "This is the hardest thing I've ever done. The rehab has not gone as expected."
Author: Jennifer Capriati
28. "Prisons don't rehabilitate, they don't punish, they don't protect, so what the hell do they do?"
Author: Jerry Brown
29. "He shouted out like a drill sergeant, "Men, are we having fun yet? "No sir!" the vets cried out. "Men, are we going to fight like soldiers or fools?" The vets looked at one another, grinned. "Like fools, sir!" Everyone laughed. Luger dropped his cup again, but this time he kicked it hard across the room. "I can still kick! And everyone in rehab worked a little harder."
Author: Joan Bauer
30. "America has also forever lost the service of thousands of good soldiers who are now disabled as a result of battle wounds in Iraq. Many others will need mental and emotional rehabilitation before they can return to normal life."
Author: John Olver
31. "The trial of Jesus of Nazareth, the trial and rehabilitation of Joan of Arc, any one of the witchcraft trials in Salem during 1691, the Moscow trials of 1937 during which Stalin destroyed all of the founders of the 1924 Soviet REvolution, the Sacco-Vanzetti trial of 1920 through 1927- there are many trials such as these in which the victim was already condemned to death before the trial took place, and it took place only to cover up the real meaning: the accused was to be put to death. These are trials in which the judge, the counsel, the jury, and the witnesses are the criminals, not the accused. For any believer in capital punishment, the fear of an honest mistake on the part of all concerned is cited as the main argument against the final terrible decision to carry out the death sentence. There is the frightful possibility in all such trials as these that the judgement has already been pronounced and the trial is just a mask for murder."
Author: Katherine Anne Porter
32. "I haven't been to rehab, I don't do anything eccentric - I'm really boring."
Author: Katherine Heigl
33. "These were the moments when I was disappointed and frustrated, when I got so low because it seemed all my hard work had been wasted. But the moments passed, and the motivation to go back to rehab was there again."
Author: Kim Clijsters
34. "Han måtte rehabilitere seg ved et bedrag; når han lot gjelde at han var som andre, at han var kommensurabel, så måtte jo stakkaren bruke sin egen målestokk og overtale seg til å tro på den. Han hadde kanskje sin lille lykke ved dette, han hadde iallfall ingen annen. Kunst altsammen altså? Kunst altsammen. Men intet dårlig kunstverk."
Author: Knut Hamsun
35. "Going to rehab was the best decision I ever made."
Author: Lara Stone
36. "What happens to someone who hits rock bottom after breaking up with the love of their life? There was no rehab for a broken heart."
Author: Lisa De Jong
37. "I offered to pass along information about NEHSA to Heidi so she can let her patients know about it. I don't have any scientific or clinical data to back this up, but I think snow-boarding is the most effective rehabilitative tool I've experienced. It forces me to focus on my abilities and not my disability, to overcome huge obstacles, both physical and psychological, to stay up on that board and get down the mountain in one piece. And each time I get down the mountain in one piece, I gain a real confidence and sense of independence I haven't felt anywhere else since the accident, a sense of true well-being that stays with me well beyond the weekend. And whether snowboarding with NEHSA has a measurable and lasting therapeutic effect for people like me or not, it's a lot more fun than drawing cats and picking red balls up off a tray"
Author: Lisa Genova
38. "It was a survival thing: he didn't answer back, didn't say anything about job security for prison guards, debate the nature of repentance, rehabilitation, or rates of recidivism. He didn't say anything funny or clever, and, to be on the safe side, when he was talking to a prison official, whenever possible, he didn't say anything at all. Speak when you're spoken to. Do your own time. Get out. Go home. ... Rebuild a life."
Author: Neil Gaiman
39. "Ferret took out a folded scrap of paper and passed it to him.'My guy Ben doesn't know where the other club is, but the girls are being shipped in from here, a rehab centre in Newtonville.''What's this other place called?' Tazeem asked as he slipped the scrap of paper into his pocket.'The place is just known as The Club. But the behind-the-scenes bit that only the real big spenders get to see, there's no official name, 'cause officially it doesn't exist, that's know as The Zombie Room."
Author: R.D. Ronald
40. "Most of the locks and dams on the upper Mississippi River system are over 60 years old and many are in serious need of repair and rehabilitation."
Author: Ron Kind
41. "The rehabilitation of order as a universal principle, however, suggested at the same time that orderliness by itself is not sufficient to account for the nature of organized systems in general or for those created by man in particular."
Author: Rudolf Arnheim
42. "I'm still in The Syd Barrett Memorial Rehabilitation Centre, Cambridge, UK When and if I'm let out, I'll move on to Saucerful of Secrets. Prognosis: Uncertain."
Author: Sienna McQuillen
43. "A month's salary, deep regret, the telephone number of some foul rehab clinic and my lance was free."
Author: Stephen Fry
44. "I wasn't able to make the full commitment until I met 'Celebrity Rehab's' Dr. Drew."
Author: Steven Adler
45. "They're bored with their boring husbands who are workaholics like my dad. They're bored with their boring lives, sick of us kids and all this puberty and rebelling, so they pop pills all day long and shop and watch the soaps, and then when it all starts to fall apart they realize they just want to be happy again, so they go to rehab to clean up their act and then start fresh. Can you relate?"
Author: Terry McMillan
46. "All Rehab actually wanted was to belong to the Lord. She thirsted for God. Hungered for Him. She couln't seem to get enough of His precepts. And what she was searching for wasn't knowledge. It was belonging. She wanted the Lord Himself."
Author: Tessa Afshar
47. "What We want is to make it possible for our unfortunate people to live a life of industry for it is by steady work alone that we hope for our physical and moral rehabilitation. For this reason above all we have undertaken to rally our people around our ideal."
Author: Theodor Herzl
48. "I might be developing an addiction. You being my drug of choice. Rehab is 'not' an option, my love is forever. Just so you know."
Author: Truth Devour
49. "Der Nazismus wurde von Millionen als Evangelium hingenommen, weil er sich der Sprache des Evangeliums bediente. Wurde? - Ich habe das "Ich glaube an ihn" nur bis in die letzten Tage des Hitlerreiches verfolgt. Ich habe jetzt Tag für Tag mit Rehabilitierten zu tun und solchen, die rehabilitiert sein wollen. Diesen Leute, so verschieden sie auch sonst untereinander sein mögen, ist eines gemeinsam: Sie behaupten alle, eine Sondergruppe der "Opfer des Faschismus" zu bilden, sie sind alle gegen ihre Überzeugung durch irgendwelche Gewaltanwendung zum Eintritt in die ihnen von jeher verhaßte gezwungen worden, sie haben nie an den Führer, nie an das Dritte Reich geglaubt."
Author: Victor Klemperer
50. "Is there any forgiveness? If somebody does something wrong, we now have copped this "off with the head" attitude, which, I confess, feels great sometimes, but come on. Why do we paint everyone with the same brush? Why does it seem more & more we want people ruined rather than rehabilitated?"
Author: Whoopi Goldberg
Quotes About Rehab Pictures