Famous Quotes About Reinforcement
Browse 33 famous quotes and sayings about Reinforcement.
Top Quotes About Reinforcement
1. "I'm Manny!" Manny shot back, folding his arms. "That's what I am. I'm Manny! I don't know why I can't compliment a cute guy and a cute girl! Everybody needs positive reinforcement, Blue."
Author: Amy Harmon
2. "I am as proud to be called a feminist as I am to be called a Jew, or an American. Feminism is an indivisible part of who I am, and I remain mystified by the stigma that has been attached to the idea that women are human beings.It sounds so obvious and simple to me, so motherhood and apple pie. And yet the idea that women are human beings remains news, a message that requires constant, clear, and artful reinforcement in a world that continues to undermine the confidence and abilities of girls and women. On the day that the intelligence and talents of women are fully honored and employed, the human community and the planet itself will benefit in ways we can only being to imagine."
Author: Anita Diamant
3. "I didn't see it happening, but the wheels were falling off of me. I didn't care about responsibilities like paying rent, I was just on a runaway train ride. The horribly ironic cosmic trick of drug addiction is that drugs are a lot of fun when you first start using them, but by the time the consequences manifest themselves, you're no longer in a position to say, 'Whoa, gotta stop that.' You've lost that ability, and you've created this pattern of conditioning and reinforcement. It's never something for nothing when drugs are involved."
Author: Anthony Kiedis
4. "The way positive reinforcement is carried out is more important than the amount."
Author: B. F. Skinner
5. "Every word you speak is a prayer, or meditation of reinforcement which creates permanence."
Author: Bryant McGill
6. "Prune these alleged friends ruthlessly from your life. You need all the positive reinforcement you can get. You need friends who think you're fabulous, an angel in human shape, and a breath of springtime."
Author: Cynthia Heimel
7. "A failing grade does not denounce a child to fail in life. An IQ is what I would call an 'inadequate question', it may state our brain capacity or tell us how smart we are, but it does not predict our future. Happy Character Traits and positive Reinforcements will help a child succeed better than a number that means nothing"
Author: Davis Carlson
8. "Another adverse factor was the way the Russians received continual reinforcements from their back areas, as they fell back. It seemed to us that as soon as one force was wiped out, the path was blocked by the arrival of a fresh force."
Author: Gerd Von Rundstedt
9. "The German Air Force was not sufficient to protect the sea crossing on its own. While the leading part of the forces might have landed, there was the danger that they might be cut off from supplies and reinforcements."
Author: Gerd Von Rundstedt
10. "...there is reinforcement in such familiar back-formations as Chinee from Chinese, Portugee from Portuguese.... (p. 111)"
Author: H.L. Mencken
11. "I've felt that if you dwell too much on your errors, you're dealing in the negativity of things. I don't like that. I'd rather work on the positive reinforcement, the things I did well."
Author: Hale Irwin
12. "It is not seldom the case that when a man is browbeaten in some unprecedented and violently unreasonable way, he begins to stagger in hisown plainest faith. He begins, as it were, vaguely to surmise that, wonderfulas it may be, all the justice and all the reason is on the other side.Accordingly, if any disinterested persons are present, he turns to themfor some reinforcement for his own faltering mind."
Author: Herman Melville
13. "14 July 1942—Jerusalem - ...A magnificent parcel, covered in tape and seals, arrived for me from India. Inside were two pairs of old fashioned corsets with bones and laces. They were sent by HRH The Duke of Gloucester. Nick and I had an argument as to how one should thank one of the Royal Family for a present of corsets. Whichever way we put it looked disrespectful. Finally we sent a telegram saying: ‘Reinforcements received. Positions now held. Most grateful thanks."
Author: Hermione Ranfurly
14. "We either need an overwhelming force advantage, or we need more information.Reinforcements cut into our bounty, remember?It's unanimous. We need more information.-Captain Tagon and Colonel Ceeta"
Author: Howard Tayler
15. "If you're a short-seller, that's a cacophony of negative reinforcement. You're basically told that you're wrong in every way imaginable every day. It takes a certain type of individual to drown that noise and negative reinforcement out and to remind oneself that their work is accurate and what they're hearing is not."
Author: James Chanos
16. "I suppose people who graduate from very selective and expensive colleges, and receive immense reinforcement from colleagues who preceded them there, develop an inflated sense of their ability to effectively manage things, especially complex things. Many of these young, bright people cannot believe that our creaking and foundering systems won't yield to their managerial tinkering, and the net effect must be to turn them into very cynical careerists with nothing left but personal ladder-climbing and wealth accumulation... The political left in America makes up in cynical cowardly avarice for all the mendacious stupidity on the political right, so we end up at this moment in history with a perfect blend of every bad impulse in human nature and none of the virtues."
Author: James Howard Kunstler
17. "Fussing over children who cry only encourages them. That's positive reinforcement for negative behavior."
Author: Jeannette Walls
18. "This idea that children won't learn without outside rewards and penalties, or in the debased jargon of the behaviorists, "positive and negative reinforcements," usually becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we treat children long enough as if that were true, they will come to believe it is true. So many people have said to me, "If we didn't make children do things, they wouldn't do anything." Even worse, they say, "If I weren't made to do things, I wouldn't do anything."It is the creed of a slave."
Author: John Holt
19. "Consult.../what reinforcement we may gain from hope,/If not, what resolution from despair."
Author: John Milton
20. "Most of us would like to see our enemies defeated and punished, and it is an ironic (and gruesome) human truth that many of us unconsciously entertain the same feeling about our friends and the members of our family. For there is a curious ambivalence about the human soul: it can love and hate the same object at the same time with almost equal force. Society suspects this. It half realizes that civilization is perpetually menaced because of this primary hostility of men toward one another. Therefore, culture has to summon every possible reinforcement against these aggressive hatreds. Hence the ideal command to love one's neighbor as oneself. This commandment is the strongest defense against human hatred, and even though it is impossible to fulfill it completely, men cling to it. For they unconsciously realize that if this commandment were to be swept away, the world would be a place of chaos and desolation."
Author: Joshua Loth Liebman
21. "So what's all the fuss?" he asked instead. "Where's all the shit coming from?"Dean told him. He tried to make it concise, using flash words such as "fire" and "conspiracy" and "bigfreakin' shape-shifter," and told Roland, too, about Miri and Robert and Kevin. The red jade."You're both fucked," Roland said. "Seriously. I'll start arranging the funeral now.""I want a happy boss. Where's the positive reinforcement?""Buried with Pollyanna in my backyard. Which is where you'll be if you don't play your cards right."
Author: Marjorie M. Liu
22. "Good cheer is a state of mind or mood that promotes happiness or joy... With God's help, good cheer permits us to rise above the depressing present or difficult circumstances. It is a process of positive reassurance and reinforcement. It is sunshine when clouds block the light."
Author: Marvin J. Ashton
23. "We would have died without the additional men," he admitted matter-of-factly. "But we would have taken the entire Mede army with us. Poets would have written about us, and songs would have been sung about us-""For all the good that would have done your dead bodies," Eugenides cynically interrupted."Well, I wasn't looking forward to it," said Sounis caustically. "But over our dead bodies the Medes would never have been accepted by the people of Sounis. Much more likely that they would have allied with Attolia." He looked at Eugenides, who was still eyeing him in surprise. "I didn't expect to die," he said. "I knew you would send help.""Why?"It was Sounis's turn to be surprised. He said, "You told me you needed me to be Sounis. I am. I needed my king to send me help. You did. There had to be reinforcements at Oneia, so they were there." To him it was obvious.Eugenides swallowed. "I see."
Author: Megan Whalen Turner
24. "You can't reject your sorrow, it always comes knocking when you least want it and it does bring enough reinforcements to wear you down."
Author: Patrick Honovich
25. "Wow, Johnny. I send you out for reinforcements and you come back with an old man, a nerd and this little hobbit guy. Great job."
Author: Pittacus Lore
26. "The offspring cannot rely on its parents for disinterested guidance. One expects the offspring to be preprogrammed to resist some parental manipulation while being open to other forms. When the parent imposes an arbitrary system of reinforcement (punishment and reward) in order to manipulate the offspring to act against its own best interests, selection will favor offspring that resist such schedules of reinforcement."
Author: Robert Trivers
27. "Cats make one of the most satisfying sounds in the world: they purr. [...] Almost all cats make us feel good about ourselves because they let us know they feel good about us, about themselves, and about our relationship with them. A purring cat is a form of high praise, like a gold star on a test paper. It is a reinforcement of soemthing we would all like to believe about ourselves -- that we are nice."
Author: Roger A. Caras
28. "Sam gave Captain Suicide a droll stare. "How did you die again? Oh wait, I know this. 'I can take 'em. I don't need to wait for reinforcements. I can do it myself.' How'd that work out for you again?"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
29. "The dichotomy is delicious. Inside the fantasy genre, I try to present women who need to solve real problems like having no voice in community, or no right to work; no access to capital to start a business. No reinforcement for talent."
Author: Stella Atrium
30. "If he sends reinforcements everywhere, he will everywhere be weak."
Author: Sun Tzu
31. "[Once war is declared, he will not waste precious time in waiting for reinforcements, nor will he return his army back for fresh supplies, but crosses the enemy's frontier without delay."
Author: Sun Tzu
32. "What if everyone in this car had said, together: no you can't take them. Could we have stopped it?The answer might have been yes, for a few minutes. But they'd have reinforcements at the next station; we'd all have been arrested and taken away. We'd face the same fate she will. Is that a good enough reason to say nothing?"
Author: Teri Terry
33. "Well, you know, a lot of people look at the negative things, the things that they did wrong and - which I do. But I like to stress on the things I did right, because there are certain things that I like to look at from a positive standpoint that are just positive reinforcement."
Author: Tiger Woods
Quotes About Reinforcement Pictures