Famous Quotes About Relax
Browse 848 famous quotes and sayings about Relax.
Top Quotes About Relax
1. "Sex is the most important sort of adult play. If you can't relax here you never will"
Author: Alex Comfort
2. "Withstanding the cold develops vigor for the relaxing days of spring and summer. Besides, in this matter as in many others, it is evident that nature abhors a quitter."
Author: Arthur C. Crandall
3. "Over the years, one comes to measure a place, too, not just for the beauty it may give, the balminess of its breezes, the insouciance and relaxation it encourages, the sublime pleasures it offers, but for what it teaches. The way in which it alters our perception of the human. It is not so much that you want to return to indifferent or difficult places, but that you want to not forget."
Author: Barry Lopez
4. "After a long day, my favorite way to unwind is by going running. Not exactly the most relaxing activity, granted, but I always imagine I'm sweating out all the things weighing on my mind."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
5. "I went to see 'Shine a Light,' and it was the most perfect thing I could have done to watch that man do what he does in front of an audience. It's primarily Mick Jagger, but they're all so confident and relaxed and in love with what they do, and aware of the power of what they do. It's just deeply, deeply attractive."
Author: Ben Daniels
6. "So when you get a chance to look at things and chill and relax, it makes you want it more, and that's why I'm so happy to be back!"
Author: Brandy Norwood
7. "I like ungroomed men. The relaxed look. I don't like fussy guys. Just shower and use deodorant."
Author: Caroline Winberg
8. "Relax. This isn't the scary part yet.""Mmm, not helpful.""Try to think about puppies," he suggested. "No wait, not puppies. Think about kittens. Demons don't eat kittens. Too many hairballs.""Hey, maybe we could try not talking for a while."
Author: Cecily White
9. "The main thing to do is relax and let your talent do the work."
Author: Charles Barkley
10. "Fen shook his head and soaped up his hands. "You humans are very strange, mate." Fen tipped his head. "I saw this video that showed women being tortured."Jeff sobered. "What?""They were submitting voluntarily too."Jeff immediately relaxed as Fen's hands ran over his body. "What were they doing?""Getting something called a Brazilian..."
Author: Dana Marie Bell
11. "Well, Hae-Joo probed, what did I do to relax? I play Go against my sony, I said."To relax?" he responded, incredulous. "Who wins, you or the sony?"The sony, I answered, or how would I ever improve?So winners, Hae-Joo proposed, are the real losers because they learn nothing? What, then, are losers? Winners?I said, If losers can xploit what their adversaries teach them, yes, losers can become winners in the long term."
Author: David Mitchell
12. "I never lose that terror of 'this is my last job, I'll never work again.' You can never relax and rely on whatever reputation you've built."
Author: Derek Jacobi
13. "Please call me Eddie if it will help you to relax."
Author: Douglas Adams
14. "Five to one against and falling …" she said, "four to one against and falling … three to one … two … one … probability factor of one to one … we have normality, I repeat we have normality." She turned her microphone off—then turned it back on— with a slight smile and continued: "Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem. Please relax. You will be sent for soon."
Author: Douglas Adams
15. "Relaxing me from head to feetLove masters me, the bitter sweetO'er thy limbs breathing;Yea, Eros now, the god born blindSweeps my soul like the mountain windThrough the oaks seething."
Author: Edna St. Vincent Millay
16. "The langour of Youth - how unique and quintessential it is! How quickly, how irrecoverably, lost! The zest, the generous affections, the illusions, the despair, all the traditional attributes of Youth - all save this come and go with us through life...These things are a part of life itself; but languor - the relaxation of yet unwearied sinews, the mind sequestered and self-regarding, the sun standing still in the heavens and the earth throbbing to our own pulse - that belongs to Youth alone and dies with it."
Author: Evelyn Waugh
17. "When you can assume that your audience holds the same beliefs you do, you can relax and use more normal means of talking to it; when you have to assume that it does not, then you have to make your vision apparent by shock -- to the hard of hearing you shout, and for the almost-blind you draw large and startling figures."
Author: Flannery O'Connor
18. "It is now time to change our ways, so we may learn how to help ourselves in order to help others in a much more relaxed and positive way."
Author: Gary Markwick
19. "Diets are based on the unspoken fear that you are a madwoman, a food terrorist, a lunatic…The promise of a diet is not only that you will have a different body; it is that in having a different body, you will have a different life. If you hate yourself enough, you will love yourself. If you torture yourself enough, you will become a peaceful, relaxed human being."
Author: Geneen Roth
20. "The innate harmony that exists between mind and body is one of the secrets behind the amazing power of Shin-shin-toitsu-do, which is weakened by an inefficient use of the body. Our bodies must be strong, relaxed, and healthy to respond to our minds' commands."
Author: H.E. Davey
21. "I lie on top of him, skin to skin. He's tall, I'm not, but when we lie like this, we fit together. All the curves of my body relax into the strength of his."
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
22. "Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed."
Author: Indra Devi
23. "Many of the benefits of CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) can be obtained without going into therapy. There are a number of self-help books, CDs and computer programs that have been used to treat depression and some of these have been tested in clinical trials with positive results. I can particularly recommend these two books. One is 'Control Your Depression', the lead author of which is Peter Lewinsohn, a Professor of Psychology at the University of Oregon. ... The other book that I can recommend with confidence is 'Feeling Good' by the psychiatrist David Burns. 'Control Your Depression' emphasizes behavioral techniques like increasing pleasant activities, improving social skills and learning to relax. 'Feeling Good' puts greater emphasis on changing the way people think about themselves. But both books include both cognitive and behavioral techniques."
Author: Irving Kirsch
24. "We laughed together. It's so lovely laughing with a man. It feels positive. Relaxed…"
Author: James Lusarde
25. "Nobody could catch cold by the sea; nobody wanted appetite by the sea; nobody wanted spirits; nobody wanted strength. Sea air was healing, softening, relaxing -- fortifying and bracing -- seemingly just as was wanted -- sometimes one, sometimes the other. If the sea breeze failed, the seabath was the certain corrective; and where bathing disagreed, the sea air alone was evidently designed by nature for the cure."
Author: Jane Austen
26. "The fact is, I love to feed other people. I love their pleasure, their comfort, their delight in being cared for. Cooking gives me the means to make other people feel better, which in a very simple equation makes me feel better. I believe that food can be a profound means of communication, allowing me to express myself in a way that seems much deeper and more sincere than words. My Gruyere cheese puffs straight from the oven say 'I'm glad you're here. Sit down, relax. I'll look after everything.'- Ann Patchett, "Dinner For One, Please, James"
Author: Jenni Ferrari Adler
27. "Having time to read was nice and relaxing."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
28. "Aiden was staring. So was Caleb, although he looked like he was quite used to all this...woman on display. Hell, even I was staring.She crossed the hall, her long legs parting the chiffon of her skirt, playing peekaboo. Dear gods, I felt my cheeks start to burn, but I still couldn't look away. As she neared, her all-white eyes flared, and then dimmed. Two bright, emerald-colored eyes appeared.Caleb relaxed beside me, a slow smile creeping across his handsome face—the face I'd missed so much. "Hello, Persephone."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
29. "I try not to laugh at the fact that even when she's drunk, she has a hard time saying it. "Where do you want me to take you?" She drops her head back against my chest. "You can just keep carrying me. It's very relaxing."
Author: Jessica Sorensen
30. "The whole concatenation of wild and artificial things, the natural ecosystem as modified by people over the centuries, the build environment layered over layers, the eerie mix of sounds and smells and glimpses neither natural nor crafted- all of it is free for the taking, for the taking in. Take it, take it in, take in more every weekend, every day, and quickly it becomes the theater that intrigues, relaxes, fascinates, seduces, and above all expands any mind focused on it. Outside lies utterly ordinary space open to any casual explorer willing to find the extraordinary. Outside lies unprogrammed awareness that at times becomes directed serendipity. Outside lies magic."
Author: John Stilgoe
31. "Russ decided the best defense was a good offense. "I'm Russell Van Alstyne, Millers Kill chrief of police." He held out his hand. She shook firm, like a guy."Clare Fergusson," she said. "I'm the new priest at Saint Alban's. That's the Episcopal Church. At the corner of Elm and Church." there was a faint testiness in her voice. Russ relaxed a fraction. A woman priest. If that didn't beat all."I know which it is. There are only four churches in town." He saw the fog creeping along the edges of his glasses again and snatched them off, fishing for a tissue in his pocket. "Can you tell me what happened, um..." What was he supposed to call her? "Mother?""I go by Reverend, Chief. Ms. is fine, too.""Oh. Sorry. I never met a woman priest before.""We're just like the men priests, except we're willing to pull over and ask directions."
Author: Julia Spencer Fleming
32. "It doesn't even—" one word "hurt " was supposed to come out of my mouth. Instead, a string of obscenities to make a lifelong sailor proud shoot out. "What thefuck are you doing? Shit! You don't pour it on like that, you fucking jackhole! Fuck!" I'm seething in pain, the sting agonizing. Ashton isn't paying any heed, turning my hand this way and that to examine it closer. "Looks clean.""Yeah, because you just bleached the shit out of it!""Relax. It'll stop stinging soon. Distract yourself by staring at me while we wait for this to settle down. That's how you got yourself into this mess to begin with . . ."
Author: K.A. Tucker
33. "Siobhan also says that if you close your mouth and breathe out loudly through your nose it can mean that you are relaxed, or that you are bored, or that you are angry and it all depends on how much air comes out of your nose and how fast and what shape your mouth is when you do it and how you are sitting and what you just said before and hundreds of other things which are too complicated to work out in a few seconds."
Author: Mark Haddon
34. "The key is to be quiet. It's not thatyour mind has to be quiet. You be quiet.You, the one inside watching theneurotic mind, just relax."
Author: Michael Singer
35. "...The CDC has also said that it's virtually impossible to tell a murder victim killed by a shot to the head or spinal column from an infected individual put down legally in the same fashion. What is your answer to critics of the relaxed gun control laws who hold that gun-related violence has actually increased, but has been masked by the postmortem amplification of the Kellis-Amberlee virus?"
Author: Mira Grant
36. "Peanut Butter Wolf is my relaxing music, my lunch music, my chilling music."
Author: Norman Reedus
37. "Despite the loss they were suffering, they'd both relaxed - as people do when they realize they've run out of chances for happiness"
Author: Orhan Pamuk
38. "I'd distract myself until finally it was a combination of things. The show was over and I had time on my hands. I had taken time and played and just relaxed."
Author: Paul Reiser
39. "Trees are like people and give the answers to the way of Man. They grow from the top down. Children, like treetops, have flexibility of youth, and sway more than larger adults at the bottom. They are more vulnerable to the elements, and are put to the test of survival by life's strong winds, rain, freezing cold, and hot sun. Constantly challenged. As they mature, they journey down the tree, strengthening the family unit until one day they have become big hefty branches. In the stillness below, having weathered the seasons, they now relax in their old age, no longer subject to the stress from above. It's always warmer and more enclosed at the base of the tree. The members remain protected and strong as they bear the weight and give support to the entire tree. They have the endurance."
Author: Ralph Helfer
40. "Video games are a waste of time for men with nothing else to do. Real brains don't do that. On occasion? Sure. As relaxation? Great. But not full time— And a lot of people are doing that. And while they're doing that, I'll go ahead and write another novel."
Author: Ray Bradbury
41. "In this one terrified moment, my mind couldn't focus on any of it. "I've forgotten everything.""No, you haven't." His voice in the darkness was calm and reassuring. He smoothed back my hair and pressed one of those half kisses to my forehead. "Just relax and focus." "His reasonable words centered me and allowed the gears of logic that ran my life to take over again."
Author: Richelle Mead
42. "I nodded, mollified. "Okay, I can roll with that. And then after that, I suppose it's just a matter of time until we're taking the kids to soccer practice." Her eyebrows rose. "Kids?" "Relax, it's years away. But can you imagine? Your brains, my charm, our collective good looks . . . then add in the usual physical abilities dhampirs get." She looked more amused than appalled at the speculation, which was something I'd never thought I'd see. "It's really not even fair to everyone else. Good thing you're on birth control, since the world obviously isn't ready for our perfect offspring." "Obviously," she laughed."
Author: Richelle Mead
43. "Relax, having kids is years away. But can you imagine? Your brains, my charm, our collective good looks... then add in the usual physical abilities dhampirs get. It's really not even fair to everyone else."
Author: Richelle Mead
44. "The man who spends his time choosing one resort after another in a hunt for peace and quiet will in every place he visits find something to prevent him from relaxing."
45. "I used to get stressed out all the time when I thought winning was important. I wanted to try to win and help my kids win. Once I figured out it wasn't about winning or losing, it was about teaching these kids about being men, that's when I started to relax."
Author: Snoop Dogg
46. "Recruit your pet as a study partner. Cats are usually more than happy to do this - in fact, you may have trouble keeping them off keyboards and books - and dogs will often serve as well. Few things are more relaxing than having a warm, furry creature next to you as you study."
Author: Stefanie Weisman
47. "While the bodies of young children are usually relaxed and flexible, if experiences of fear are continuous over the years, chronic tightening happens. Our shoulders may become permanently knotted and raised, our head thrust forward, our back hunched, our chest sunken. Rather than a temporary reaction to danger, we develop a permanent suit of armor. We become, as Chogyam Trungpa puts it, "a bundle of tense muscles defending our existence." We often don't even recognize this armor because it feels like such a familiar part of who we are. But we can see it in others. And when we are meditating, we can feel it in ourselves—the tightness, the areas where we feel nothing."
Author: Tara Brach
48. "Yeah, I paint in my spare time, just to relax myself and wind down a bit."
Author: Tyson Chandler
49. "Tris," he says. "What did they do to you? You're acting like a lunatic.""That's not very nice of you to say," I say. "They put me in a good mood, that's all. And now I really want to kiss you, so if you could just relax-"
Author: Veronica Roth
50. "Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer."
Author: William S. Burroughs
Quotes About Relax Pictures