Famous Quotes About Repeating Cycles
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Repeating Cycles.
Top Quotes About Repeating Cycles
1. "But I suppose our childhoods are seeds inside of us that plant roots forever, even when we're certain their life cycles have long since been extinguished. How long will it take for my own roots to loosen their grip?"
Author: Allison Winn Scotch
2. "I watched him walk behind the bamboo bars. Black stripes and sunlit white fur flashed through the slits in the dark bamboo; it was like watching the slow-down reels of an old black-and-white film. He was walking in the same line, again and again - from one end of the bamboo bars to the other, then turning around and repeating it over, at exactly the same pace, like a thing under a spell. He was hypnotizing himself by walking like this - that was the only way he could tolerate this cage"
Author: Aravind Adiga
3. "Now I have a guy trying to change me and I don't want to be changed, yet I keep hanging in there, hoping that he learns to like what he sees. Isn't that the prime definition of insanity, repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome? My man-radar is busted, so you'll have to excuse my disbelief in what you say."
Author: Avelina Roth
4. "Sophie did this?" He said, not for the first time. They were standing at the foot of Jessamine's bed. She lay flung upon it, her chest rising and falling slowly like the famous Sleeping Beauty waxwork or Madame du Barry. Her fair hair was scattered on the pillow, and a large, bloody welt ran across her forehead. Each of her wrists was tied to a post of the bed. "Our Sophie?"Tessa glanced over at Sophie, who was sitting in a chair by the door. Her head was down, and she was staring at her hands. She studiously avoided looking at Tessa or Will. "Yes,"Tessa said, "and do stop repeating it." " I think i may be in love with you, Sophie," said Will. "Marriage could be on the cards."Sophie whimpered."
Author: Cassandra Clare
5. "We do not just risk repeating history if we sweep it under the carpet, we also risk being myopic about our present."
Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
6. "Robin told only a little of her life, but she kept repeating in one way or another her wish for a home, as if she were afraid she would be lost again, as if she were aware, without conscious knowledge, that she belonged to Nora, and that if Nora did not make it permanent by her own strength, she would forget."
Author: Djuna Barnes
7. "Emotions have cycles whereas love endures. Some people confuse emotions, which are ever-changing, with love's durability."
Author: Donna Lynn Hope
8. "For with my intuition I knew that this man was repeating a pattern over and over again: courting a woman with his intelligence and sympathy, claiming her emotionally; then, when she began to claim in return, running away. And the better a woman was, the sooner he would begin to run. I knew this with my intuition, and yet I sat there in my dark room, looking at the hazed wet brilliance of the purple London night sky, longing with my whole being."
Author: Doris Lessing
9. "One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continually stating and repeating the very very obvious."
Author: Douglas Adams
10. "Winners know what makes people tick by effectively tapping into our fears and aspirations. By listening very carefully and then repeating almost word-for-word exactly what they've heard, winners know how to articulate compelling needs—and products to satisfy those needs—that people didn't even know they wanted."
Author: Frank Luntz
11. "We're not ever interested in repeating ourselves or doing what people expect us to do, it's such a turn off."
Author: Ian Williams
12. "The principle goal of education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done; men and women who are creative, inventive and discoverers, who can be critical and verify, and not accept, everything they are offered."
Author: Jean Piaget
13. "Happily for me, ninety-nine percent of all human life is spent simply repeating the same old actions, speaking the same tired clichés, moving like a zombie through the same steps of the dance we plodded through yesterday and the day before and the day before. It seems horribly dull and pointless-but it really makes a great deal of sense. After all, if you only have to follow the same path every day, you don't need to think at all. Considering how good humans are at any mental process more complicated than chewing, isn't that the best for everybody?"
Author: Jeff Lindsay
14. "Our ailing planet needs spiritual warriors, ones capable of standing up to the Western materialism machine, so we can create sustainable societies that care for their citizens, harmonize with the cycles of nature, and receive and honor the vast healing light that quietly connects us all."
Author: Jonathan Talat Phillips
15. "You see, violence merely creates more violence.It's a cycle that never ends...You insult me, I shoot you, you drop dead.Someone else insults me, I shoot them, they drop dead...And it just keeps repeating over and over again.And for what? lol"
Author: José N. Harris
16. "The Law is never weary of again and again repeating its injunction of local unity of worship."
Author: Julius Wellhausen
17. "It's certainly anyone's prerogative to say, 'I liked something more when it was this' or blah blah. But there's a kind of laziness as a consumer of entertainment, I think, to wish that something was repeating itself and doing the same thing. But to each their own, and I do it all the time. I've dropped television shows as a viewer."
Author: Justin Kirk
18. "Moksha – the liberation form, the web of maya be,Freedom from the cycles of birth and death clearly;- 33 -"
Author: Munindra Misra
19. "Less emphasis on inventories, I think, may tend to dampen business cycles, because business cycles are typically in the grasp of inventory cycles and heavy industry cycles."
Author: Paul A. Volcker
20. "I loved your eyes first," I told him , repeating his words from a few weeks ago back to him, because it was true, and because we were two halves of a whole—we had been all along, and he'd been so clever to know it right away. I used to think it was insanity, but now I was beginning to think that it was pure brilliance. "I see it, too, James. I see the other half of my soul in you."
Author: R.K. Lilley
21. "If you're losing the battle against a persistent bad habit, an addiction, or a temptation, and you're stuck in a repeating cycle of good intention-failure-guilt, you will not get better on your own! You need the help of other people. Some temptations are only overcome with the help of a partner who prays for you, encourages you, and holds you accountable."
Author: Rick Warren
22. "See," he began, leaning back into the booth, "I was at this car dealership today, and Isaw this girl. It was an across-a-crowded-room kind of thing. A real moment, you know?"I rolled my eyes. Chloe said, "And this would be Remy?""Right. Remy," he said, repeating my name with a smile. Then, as if we were happyhoneymoonersrecounting our story for strangers he added, "Do you want to tell the next part?""No," I said flatly."
Author: Sarah Dessen
23. "Perhaps some of your classmates might benefit eef you offered your services as tutor, non?" I heard some of the girls in class giggling and repeating the word "services."
Author: Serra Elinsen
24. "We need to get out of here. That's why I did this," he said dumbly, even though she was starting at him now like he was an idiot because he was repeating himself. And he was. Repeating himself and an idiot. Idiot wrapped in a moron. An idiot burrito.~Stryker"
Author: Sydney Croft
25. "Most species do their own evolving, making it up as they go along, which is the way Nature intended. And this is all very natural and organic and in tune with mysterious cycles of the cosmos, which believes that there's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fiber and, in some cases, backbone."
Author: Terry Pratchett
26. "Flocks of magpies have descended on our yard. I cannot sleep for all their raucous behavior. Perched on weathered fences, their green-black tales, long as rulers, wave up and down, reprimanding me for all I have not done.I have done nothing for weeks. I have no work. I don't want to see anyone much less talk. All I want to do is sleep.Monday, I hit rock-bottom, different from bedrock, which is solid, expansive, full of light and originality. Rock-bottom is the bottom of the rock, the underbelly that rarely gets turned over; but when it does, I am the spider that scurries from daylight to find another place to hide.Today I feel stronger, learning to live with the natural cycles of a day and to not expect so much from myself. As women, we hold the moon in our bellies. It is too much to ask to operate on full-moon energy three hundred and sixty-five days a year. I am in a crescent phase. And the energy we expend emotionally belongs to the hidden side of the moon...."
Author: Terry Tempest Williams
Quotes About Repeating Cycles Pictures