Famous Quotes About Reputation In Beowulf
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about Reputation In Beowulf.
Top Quotes About Reputation In Beowulf
1. "Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."
Author: Abraham Lincoln
2. "It is certain that concentration camps had a bad reputation with us."
Author: Albert Speer
3. "She thought, watching him, 'I am in a bath, naked in a bath with no bubbles, and a man is washing me; my reputation is doomed and to hell with it. I've been to hell and all I wanted in it was to be alive for this man. Who carried me out of it."
Author: Ariana Franklin
4. "Never make negative comments or spread rumors about anyone. It depreciates their reputation and yours."
Author: Brian Koslow
5. "I have a well-deserved reputation for being something of a gadget freak, and am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand."
Author: Douglas Adams
6. "Making 'Birdsong,' on the one hand you have how prestigious it is and the reputation of the book, which is something that's an extraordinary piece of work. Sebastian Faulkes is a genius. So you feel that responsibility when you're portraying that character that he's imagined and millions of readers have pictured."
Author: Eddie Redmayne
7. "Many a man's reputation would not know his character if they met on the street."
Author: Elbert Hubbard
8. "Theoretically, great opportunities lay ahead of a young man of energy in that day and place, but Carl Miller had been incapable of establishing either with his superiors or his subordinates the reputation for approximate immutability which is essential to success in a hierarchic industry."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. "Q. Why don't they work harder?A. They just don't like hard work. The Germans have a reputation for hard work, so they like to keep it up. The British find it boring."
Author: George Mikes
10. "And of the Witch? In the life of a Witch, there is no "after", in the "ever after" of a Witch there is no "happily"; in the story of a Witch, there is no afterword. Of that part that is beyond the life story, beyond the story of the life, there is-alas, or perhaps thank mercy-no telling. She was dead, dead, and gone, and all that was left of her was the carapace of her reputation for malice."
Author: Gregory Maguire
11. "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions."
12. "In a few hours, I'm going to be banished to the surface, my belongings raffled off as novelty items and my living space given to someone else—my reputation destroyed. I'd rather have your head than your soul at this point in my illustrious career." - Al"
Author: Kim Harrison
13. "Sighing, he rubbed his forehead, leaving a smear of black ash. "I've temporally blocked the collective because I can't answer that many calls at once, but pretty soon, I'm going to be entertaining. Lots and lots of irate, angry demons in my tiny little living room. It will be embarrassing. My reputation will be utterly ruined. I don't have enough chairs," he finished nlightly, turning his lip in and chewing on it. (Al)"
Author: Kim Harrison
14. "I never had that reputation of being not accessible."
Author: Lauren Holly
15. "Even those who, like me, believe that Roe v. Wade and the decisions elaborating on reproductive rights were constitutionally correct must recognize that, for many on the right, the sudden and relatively sloppily reasoned character of the abortion rulings... did real damage to the Court's reputation as a relatively neutral arbiter of legal disputes."
Author: Laurence Tribe
16. "Of all mushrooms commonly consumed, oyster mushrooms in the genus Pleurotus stand out as exceptional allies for improving human and environmental health. These mushrooms enjoy a terrific reputation as the easiest to cultivate, richly nutritious and medicinally supportive."
Author: Paul Stamets
17. "Did you see that dress?" "I saw the dress." "Did you like it?" He didn't answer. I took that as a yes. "Am I going to endanger my reputation if I wear it to the dance?" When he spoke, I could barely hear him. "You'll endanger the school." I smiled and fell asleep."
Author: Richelle Mead
18. "I like Scottish people because they feel very true. They're always level and straight. They get a reputation for being hardened because of it, but I find them to be scrupulously honest people."
Author: Rupert Friend
Quotes About Reputation In Beowulf Pictures