Famous Quotes About Respecting
Browse 110 famous quotes and sayings about Respecting.
Top Quotes About Respecting
1. "He respects owl, because you can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right."
Author: A.A. Milne
2. "You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count."
Author: A.A. Milne
3. "I have a long-standing history of respecting artists' wishes."
Author: Al Yankovic
4. "The talked about their messed-up, dysfunctional families, carefully respecting boundaries, never probing too deep in any one sitting. And they always ended up laughing. Even when the subject matter was intense or macabre, Henry's sick and twisted and often politically incorrect sense of humor was infectious…Gloria laughed more in these first weeks at Oxford then she remembered laughing almost anywhere."
Author: Andrea Kayne Kaufman
5. "I believe in commitment. I believe in being open and trusting each other and respecting each other completely."
Author: Anna Kournikova
6. "When Death, or adverse Fortune's ruthless gale,Tears our best hopes away, the wounded HeartExhausted, leans on all that can impartThe charm of Sympathy; her mutual wailHow soothing! never can her warm tears failTo balm our bleeding grief's severest smart;Nor wholly vain feign'd Pity's solemn art,Tho' we should penetrate her sable veil.Concern, e'en known to be assum'd, our painsRespecting, kinder welcome far acquiresThan cold Neglect, or Mirth that Grief profanes.Thus each faint Glow-worm of the Night conspires,Gleaming along the moss'd and darken'd lanes,To cheer the Gloom with her unreal fires."
Author: Anna Seward
7. "And real talk, like, seeing these ants and studying them and respecting them, it's like, man, they're in their own community too. They're trying to survive. They love. They fight. They telling themselves something. We can't understand, but one day we will."
Author: Brandon McCartney
8. "A woman means by Unselfishness chiefly taking trouble for others; a man means not giving trouble to others...thus, while the woman thinks of doing good offices and the man of respecting other people's rights, each sex, without any obvious unreason, can and does regard the other as radically selfish."
Author: C.S. Lewis
9. "And each of us can practice rights ourselves, treating each other without discrimination, respecting each other's dignity and rights."
Author: Carol Bellamy
10. "Then please return to Amazon.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work"
Author: Christy Hayes
11. "I love little kids looking up to me, young players looking up to me, respecting me."
Author: David Beckham
12. "Respecting your opponent is the key to winning any bout. Hold your enemy in contempt and you may miss the strategy behind his moves"
Author: David H. Hackworth
13. "Over dinner, I had agreed to be her paladin, and no self-respecting paladin would decide on a course of action based on a majority vote of a committee of two."
Author: Dean Koontz
14. "Allusion is lovely, and experience with other forms of writing brings the ability to use that device pervasively. This in turn sets high expectations for the reader- in that you are expecting him to pick up on it- and this is a way of respecting your readers. And when you respect your readers, they will come to respect you."
Author: Douglas Wilson
15. "I finally know the difference between pleasing and loving, obeying and respecting. It has taken me so many years to be okay with being different, and with being this alive, this intense. (xxvi)"
Author: Eve Ensler
16. "Competition was as much as respecting your opponent's work as introspecting on your own."
Author: Faraaz Kazi
17. "Love is feeling, caring, respecting and understanding.... Its pure and perfect from the very first day and doesn't need any updates or upgrades. So do not contaminate it with today's pollutants...."
18. "By showing him so much respect, Thou didst, as it were, cease to feel for him, for Thou didst ask far too much from Him--Thou who has loved him more than Thyself! Respecting him less, Thou wouldst have asked less of him. That would have been more like love, for his burden would have been lighter."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
19. "I think it's a very important collaboration between the conductor and the orchestra - especially when the conductor is one more member of the orchestra in the way that you are leading, but also respecting, feeling and building the same way for all the players to understand the music."
Author: Gustavo Dudamel
20. "Life is two things. Life is morality – life is adventure. Squire and master. Adventure rules, and morality looks up the trains in the Bradshaw. Morality tells you what is right, and adventure moves you. If morality means anything it means keeping bounds, respecting implications, respecting implicit bounds. If individuality means anything it means breaking bounds – adventure."
Author: H.G. Wells
21. "What is it about it, anyway? Stealing.' ‘It's …' It's an instinct, I want to say. ... It's art. But she would not understand, so I merely repeat the old joke. ‘It's about respecting other people's property. I make it my property so that I can properly respect it."
Author: Hannu Rajaniemi
22. "...respecting the inter-marriage of foreigners and Japanese, which you say is "now very much agitated among our scholars and politicians," and which you say is "one of the most difficult problems," my reply is that, as rationally answered, there is no difficulty at all. It should be positively forbidden. It is not at root a question of social philosophy. It is at root a question of biology. There is abundant proof, alike furnished by the inter-marriages of human races and by the inter-breeding of animals, that when the varieties mingled diverge beyond a certain slight degree the result is invariably a bad one in the long run."
Author: Herbert Spencer
23. "All formal dogmatic religions are fallacious and must never be accepted by self-respecting persons as final."
24. "A lot of the powerful religious leaders, from Jesus to Buddha to Tibetan monks, they're really talking about the same things: love and acceptable, and the value of friendship, and respecting yourself so you can respect others."
Author: Jena Malone
25. "Respect the verbs in your life.Life is a verb. Live is a verb.Live Life. Action verbsbring life to writing.Love is a verb. Be is a verb.Be in LoveBelieve, love, give,receive,tag,Believing in love,giving love, receiving love,love tag(you are it)dance, prance, pounce, smile, try,trying to smile,dancing and prancing,pounce!laugh, do, go, grow, feel, touch,touching, feeling, growing, doing,going, laughing, sing, walk, run, cook, look,see, eat, meet, greet, smell,hear,look and see the cooking,singing and then walking into the kitchen to eat,eating the yummy food.running to see,seeing the food, meeting and greeting others;smelling the cooking,hearing the laughter;seeing the runners;touching the icing. licking the icing. tasting the licking of the spoondiscover, realize, live, respect.discover life, realizing truth,living, respecting everyoneunder the sun,even all the universelove and respect all"
Author: Jerriann Wayahowl Law
26. "Sir, — Whether women are the equals of men has been endlessly debated; whether they have souls has been a moot point; but can it be too much to ask [for a definitive acknowledgement that at least they are animals?… Many hon. members may object to the proposed Bill enacting that, in statutes respecting the suffrage, 'wherever words occur which import the masculine gender they shall be held to include women;' but could any object to the insertion of a clause in another Act that 'whenever the word "animal" occur it shall be held to include women?' Suffer me, thorough your columns, to appeal to our 650 [parliamentary] representatives, and ask — Is there not one among you then who will introduce such a motion? There would then be at least an equal interdict on wanton barbarity to cat, dog, or woman… Yours respectfully, AN EARNEST ENGLISHWOMAN"
Author: Joanna Bourke
27. "The Union next to our liberties the most dear. May we all remember that it can only be preserved by respecting the rights of the States, and distributing equally the benefits and burdens of the Union."
Author: John C. Calhoun
28. "...If I ever got sloppy and maudlin, it would be for the streets of my childhood—but no self- respecting writer should ever eulogize a slum..."
Author: John Geddes
29. "We insist that the international community cannot depend on any country with weapons of mass destruction which has relations with terrorists, and which allows itself the luxury of not respecting the law and of defying the international community."
Author: Jose Maria Aznar
30. "Alliance-based activism begins with the recognition that we are all individuals, each with a limited history and experiencing a largely unique set of privileges, expectations, assumptions, and restrictions. Thus, none of us have "superior knowledge" when it comes to sexuality and gender. By calling ourselves an alliance, we explicitly acknowledge that we are working toward a common goal [...], while simultaneously recognizing and respecting our many differences."
Author: Julia Serano
31. "He's the kind of good-looking that transforms once self-respecting females into useless puddles of dumbass."
Author: Katja Millay
32. "Any self-respecting entrepreneur has borrowed money from their mother at some point."
Author: Kevin Plank
33. "I've got girlfriends who call me 'Raye' or 'L. Raye', but when somebody calls me 'Lisa', it's like, 'You've got two more times to say that and then I think you're disrespecting me and I'm going to have to cut you!'"
Author: LisaRaye McCoy Misick
34. "And also I assert our interest in respecting all our obligations and implementing all our commitments. And will save no effort whatever to protect this newborn opportunity of peace, that is provided through what we have already declared here today."
Author: Mahmoud Abbas
35. "There's not enough time to be disrespecting... Life is too short."
Author: Mary J. Blige
36. "Now it is time to turn to an older wisdom that, while respecting material comfort and security as a basic right of all, also recognises that many of the most valuable things in life cannot be measured."
Author: Michael D. Higgins
37. "I tried to establish order over the chaos of my imagination, but this essence, the same that presented itself to me still hazily when I was a child, has always struck me as the very heart of truth. It is our duty to set ourselves an end beyond our individual concerns, beyond our convenient, agreeable habits, higher than our own selves, and disdaining laughter, hunger, even death, to toil night and day to attain that end. No, not to attain it. The self-respecting soul, as soon as he reaches his goal, places it still further away. Not to attain it, but never to halt in the ascent. Only thus does life acquire nobility and oneness."
Author: Nikos Kazantzakis
38. "It was a silver cow. But when I say 'cow', don't go running away with the idea of some decent, self-respecting cudster such as you may observe loading grass into itself in the nearest meadow. This was a sinister, leering, Underworld sort of animal, the kind that would spit out of the side of its mouth for twopence."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
39. "You're younger, you might want to go to clubs and kick it, but as you get older, you start seeing that life has more meaning to it. The people that you love are the people you want to start trusting and start wanting them to trust you and start respecting them."
Author: R. Kelly
40. "The secret of education lies in respecting the pupil. It is not for you to choose what he shall know, what he shall do. It is chosen and foreordained and he only holds the key to his own secret."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
41. "I have lost my spark, I'm told, and should seek to rekindle it. Respecting the messenger, I wonder if this is true. I feel as if my spark endures, but having opened up to the world so bright, perhaps it no longer shines by comparison. So, without a word, I slip back into seclusion to nurture my beautiful inner glow."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
42. "Both tolerance and respect are empty virtues until we actually understand whatever it is we are supposed to be tolerating or respecting."
Author: Stephen R. Prothero
43. "Your objective is to avoid being on a string.The first step, I think, is to get over the fear of losing a man by confronting him. Just stop being afraid, already. The most successful people in this world recognize that taking chances to get what they want is much more productive than sitting around being too scared to take a shot. The same philosophy can be applied to dating: if putting your requirements on the table means you risk him walking away, it's a risk you have to take. Because that fear can trip you up every time; all too many of you let the guy get away with disrespecting you, putting in minimal effort and holding on to the commitment to you because you're afraid he's going to walk away and you'll be alone again. And we men? We recognize this and play on it, big time."
Author: Steve Harvey
44. "I will spend an eternity loving you, caring for you, respecting you, showing you every day that I hold you as high as the stars."
Author: Steve Maraboli
45. "Love is a verb, not a noun. It is active. Love is not just feelings of passion and romance. It is behavior. If a man lies to you, he is behaving badly and unlovingly toward you. He is disrespecting you and your relationship. The words "I love you" are not enough to make up for that. Don't kid yourself that they are."
Author: Susan Forward
46. "Without free, self-respecting, and autonomous citizens there can be no free and independent nations. Without internal peace, that is, peace among citizens and between the citizens and the state, there can be no guarantee of external peace."
Author: Vaclav Havel
47. "Here is my creed: I believe in one God, the Creator of the universe. That he governs it by his providence. That he ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion. --Benjamin Franklin"
Author: W. Cleon Skousen
48. "Don't underlook the Sixties; we started eating more vegetables, respecting women, and we shut down Vietnam. We did a lot of good stuff. But it shouldn't shut you down from the moment."
Author: Wavy Gravy
49. "I believe the National Park Service has demonstrated strong partnerships geared towards respecting the private property of citizens in its administering of the current Trail of Tears National Historic Trail and will continue to do so upon the addition of the routes."
Author: Zach Wamp
50. "We tried to approach this as though there's never been a Superman movie before, but at the same time respecting the canon and mythology. There are the pillars that you have to respect, and I'm not about to break them. But it is fun for me to bend them and mess with them."
Author: Zack Snyder
Quotes About Respecting Pictures