Famous Quotes About Rex
Browse 147 famous quotes and sayings about Rex.
Top Quotes About Rex
1. "A jacketless Murdoch resumes his quiz, brushing off the assault as 'an overexcited autograph-hunter wanting to have his shaving foam signed."
Author: Andy Zaltzman
2. "After the baby, I got bigger, and I like it. I like me better now than when I was young and skinny. I don't understand this extreme fashion for being anorexic-skinny. We forgot about women with curves - real women. We're not embracing that anymore."
Author: Anna Netrebko
3. "You could have fucked me 'til your uncut, overexposed on the blogs, ‘too ginormous for my snatch' pecker fell off. And I'd still no way never ever in a thousand years sell, loan, sample you my Easton. And to answer your question, I run my company with my pussy, and twenty-four other pussy-sporting employees. Easton girls do not allow dickheads or cocks in our fashion world. Period."
Author: Avery Aster
4. "I don't have 'five' you can borrow. My piggy bank is officially anorexic."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
5. "Anorexia is a response to cultural images of the female body - waiflike, angular - that both capitulates to the ideal and also mocks it, strips away all the ancillary signs of sexuality, strips away breasts and hips and butt and leaves in their place a garish caricature, a cruel cartoon of flesh and bone."
Author: Caroline Knapp
6. "We'll be back to our nature documentary, 'Baggy the Anorexic Elephant' in just a second."
Author: Colin Mochrie
7. "There is no real light but just small sparks of happiness we should photograph to contain. But if we stop to photograph, we can't enjoy them, the flash overexposes them and they disappear."
Author: Cristiane Serruya
8. "I think you can be terribly overexposed. I've been always very careful in my career to do theatre; it takes you out of the television eye, and people are glad to see you back again."
Author: Denholm Elliott
9. "It is easy sometimes to blame genetics, some obesity gene perhaps. But even if this were true, we'll still be referring to the machine. Genetics are predispositions. The body is designed as a closed system, physiologically speaking and unless acted upon by an outside or higher force it maintains its functions. It is designed to sustain its own survival. The psychological (self-ordinate command) is essential for this survival because the body also belongs to a self, one that can overfeed it, starve it or kill it as may be. It is also by material urges that you seek to acquire wealth and by self command, suppose what you consider a higher more fulfilling purpose that you choose to give it all away.The hard core truth is that despite some obesity gene, you can starve yourself to death if you want, or perhaps if you feel you have an ulterior higher purpose like an anorexic might, to look thin and beautiful in the eyes of the communal."
Author: Dew Platt
10. "To be logical you have to dig up and face your own hidden motives and emotions, and of course they're hidden principally because you don't want to face them.So...um...it's easier to let your basement feelings run the upper storeys, so to speak, and the result is quarrels, love, opinions, anorexia, philanthropy... almost anything you can think of. I just like to know what's going on down there, to pick out why I truly want to do things, that's all. Then I can do them, or not. Whichever."
Author: Dick Francis
11. "BUDGE (muffled)No,no,nono.NURSE BAKERI understand what you're trying to say.BUDGEA hideous scream.NURSE BAKERExactly.BUDGEA cry of desperation.NURSE BAKERPerfect.BUDGEA strangled sob. A plea torn from my throat. What sound can I make to convince you I'm not the one you want? A disconsolate sigh? Maybe that's what you want to hear. The smallest human moan imaginable. A whisper in a corner of an unlit room, with curtains blowing in the wind. NURSE BAKERWhat could be more touching?"
Author: Don DeLillo
12. "Na vida de hoje, o mundo só pertence aos estúpidos, aos insensíveis e aos agitados. O direito a viver e a triunfar conquista-se hoje quase pelos mesmos processos por que se conquista o internamento num manicómio: a incapacidade de pensar, a amoralidade e a hiperexcitação."
Author: Fernando Pessoa
13. "This may not be art as art commonly goes; the lack of discipline, of control, would seem to rule it out of that category. And yet Woolrich's lack of control over emotions is a crucial element in his work, not only because it intensifies the fragility and momentariness of love but also because it tears away the comfortable belief, evident in some of the greatest works of the human imagination such as Oedipus Rex, that nobility in the face of nothingness is possible. And if Woolrich's work is not art as commonly understood, there is an art beyond art, whose form is not the novel or story but the scream; and of this art Woolrich is beyond doubt a master. ("Introduction")"
Author: Francis M. Nevins
14. "Frex had a notion that she wasn't sorry to see him go off from time to time, so that she could be glad to see him come back."
Author: Gregory Maguire
15. "Even then his thoughts did not turn to prayer but to Abbie and to what she would think about his lack of prayerfulness and that surely she would have immediately broken out in prayer. "Doesn't matter now," he whispered and felt that he could not cry out to God.~William Drexler the Third"
Author: Gwenn Wright
16. "I've never had anorexia, but I know it well. I see it on the street, in the gaunt and sunken face, the boney chest, the spindly arms of an emaciated woman. I've come to recognize the flat look of despair, the hopelessness that follows, inevitably, from years of starvation. I think: That could have been [me]. It wasn't. It's not."
Author: Harriet Brown
17. "Dinosaurs replace their teeth throughout their life. And T. rex replaced all of their teeth every year."
Author: Jack Horner
18. "In Nepal, the quality of conversation is much more important than accuracy of the content. Maybe we get overexcited about information in England?"
Author: Jane Wilson Howarth
19. "You never want to look in a mirror," Lula said. "Men love mirrors. They look at themselves doing the deed and they see Rex the Wonder Horse. Women look at themselves and think they need to renew their membership at the gym."
Author: Janet Evanovich
20. "If you're anorexic, you're doing it wrong."I swat him with a dish towel. "No, no, I mean anorexics look in the mirror, and even if they're eighty pounds, they still see a fat girl. I'm a hundred pounds heavier than I was in high school, my veins are full of creme fraiche, and yet I look in the mirror, take in the hair and makeup, and think, Damn, baby, you fiiine."
Author: Jen Lancaster
21. "I'm not your girl" "You could be.""Yeah and I could also tattoo an anorexic pterodactyl on my navel, but I'm not planning on do that, either"
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
22. "He was remembering the nights he'd sat upstairs with one or both of his boys or with his girl in the crook of his arm, their damp bath-smelling heads hard against his ribs as he read aloud to them from "Black Beauty" or "The Chronicles of Narnia". How his voice alone, its palpable resonance, had made them drowsy. These were evenings, and there were hundreds of them, maybe thousands, when nothing traumatic enough to leave a scar had befallen the nuclear unit. Evenings of plain vanilla closeness in his black leather chair; sweet evenings of doubt between the nights of bleak certainty. They came to him now, these forgotten counterexamples, because in the end, when you were falling into water, there was no solid thing to reach for but your children."
Author: Jonathan Franzen
23. "Good grief, Rex, doesn't Skywalker tell his underlings to put clothes on? What does he think this is, a cruise liner?"It was at times like this that Rex savoured the true value of his bucket. He silenced his helmet audio for a moment with a quick eye movement, roared with laughter, and then switched the speaker back on."Would you like me to ask him, sir?""Rex, you're enjoying this...""Me, sir? Never, sir."
Author: Karen Traviss
24. "We mistakenly assume that bodily survival has a higher precedence than ego survival. This is simply not generally true. Ego will happily destroy the body for its own sake. Look at overweight executives headed for heart attacks on the way to getting their pictures in Fortune or anorexic models suffering slow starvation on their way to getting their pictures in Vogue. Protecting ego is the general case."
Author: Karl Marlantes
25. "I tried being anorexic for four hours, and then I was like, I need some bagels."
Author: Kat Dennings
26. "Don't you listen to them, Rexy," I cooed, and the cat sniffed my nose. "Rachel is a smart girl. She's not going to go out with a ghost no matter how sexy he is. She knows better. Jenkskie wenskie can just get bent." I beamed at Jenks, and he made an ugly face. "Rache, put my cat down before you mess with her kitty brain."
Author: Kim Harrison
27. "I'm sort of like a T. rex in the world of female actresses. Every time a job is finished, I look at my car and think, 'Could I live in it?'"
Author: Lena Headey
28. "Abstaining from sex, hitting the books, and wearing loose-fitting clothes are common ways that girls try to molt their "slutty" image. But more often their shame leads them to self-destructive behavior. They become willing to do things that they wouldn't have dreamed of doing before they were scandalized because they now feel they have so little to offer. Some girls do drugs or drink to excess in an attempt to blot away their stigma. Others become depressed and anorexic. And others think so little of themselves that they date boys who insult or beat them."
Author: Leora Tanenbaum
29. "Anorexia cannot be cured by treating the physical symptoms alone; it is the mind which must be treated."
Author: Lynn Crilly
30. "In the family of punctuation, where the full stop is daddy and the comma is mummy, and the semicolon quietly practises the piano with crossed hands, the exclamation mark is the big attention-deficit brother who gets overexcited and breaks things and laughs too loudly."
Author: Lynne Truss
31. "That's part of the reason Rex drafted me, because I value this job. It's my life. If somebody wanted to take that away from me, it's personal."
Author: Mark Sanchez
32. "I admire nudity and I like sex, and so did a lot of people in the Thirties. But, to me, overexposure blunts the fun…Sex as something beautiful may soon disappear. Once it was a knife so finely honed the edge was invisible until it was touched and then it cut deep. Now it is so blunt that it merely bruises and leaves ugly marks. Nudity is fine in the privacy of my own bedroom with the appropriate partner. Or for a model in life class at art school. Or as portrayed in stone and paint. But I don't like it used as a joke or to titillate. Or be so bloody frank about."
Author: Mary Astor
33. "All five hundred boys want to go out with the same ten anorexic girls." She said, "I'm a good musician, but not many guys are looking for a girl that plays great Bach preludes."
Author: Mary Pipher
34. "Instead of thanking God for my two strong legs that are able to run and jump and climb, I whined about my "thunder thighs" and "thick" ankles. Instead of rejoicing that I have two capable arms that can lift and carry and balance my body, I complained about the flab that hung beneath them. I have been totally and unbelievably ungrateful for everything. Like a completely spoiled brat, I took my healthy body for granted. I criticized it and despised it. With crystal clarity, I know that I do not deserve the good health that God has mysteriously blessed me with. Not only have I been unappreciative of my body and its amazing working parts, I tortured it by overexercising, and I put my entire health at serious risk by starving myself. What on earth was wrong with me? As I watch these kids with their less-than-perfect bodies, I feel so thoroughly ashamed of myself. I mean, how could I have been so stupid and shallow and self-centered?"
Author: Melody Carlson
35. "When I was seventeen I found a man, or maybe he found me. Away from home for the first time, out of reach of my father's archaic restrictions and my mother's culinary insistence, I cut off my hair, dropped my Christian name, wore black and toyed with anorexia, passing incognito among the city workers, just another ant in that vast heap."
Author: Nell Grey
36. "In search for love, where love is some Oxytocin,seeking happiness related to Orexin. Sensations of glory, motivation and success, They are all some precious chemicals. Our mind is greedy, and falls into depression when he is no longer satisfied. LIFE IS A DRUG STORE WE ARE ALL JUNKIES."
Author: Omar EL KADMIRI
37. "When I was anorexic it just seemed like I literally wanted to disappear. And now I would like to reappear."
Author: Portia De Rossi
38. "At Camp Don Bosco, there were Bibles all over the place, mostly 1970s hippie versions like Good News for Modern Man. They had groovy titles like The Word or The Way, and translated the Bible into "contemporary English," which meant Saul yelling at Jonathan, "You son of a bitch!" (I Samuel 20:30). Awesome! The King James version gave this verse as "Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman," which was bogus in comparison. Maybe these translations went a bit far. I recall one of the Bibles translating the inscription over the cross, "INRI" (Iesus Nazaremus Rex Iudaeorum), as "SSDD" (Same Shit Different Day), and another describing the Last Supper — the night before Jesus' death, a death he freely accepted — where Jesus breaks the bread, gives it to his disciples, and says, "It's better to burn out than fade away," but these memories could be deceptive."
Author: Rob Sheffield
39. "Careful not to overexpose"
Author: Robin S. Sharma
40. "During terms, Professor Marsden lives in Cambridge with his wife, chess playerextraordinaire and distinguished physician and surgeon Bryony Asquith Marsden. Hisfavorite time of day is half past six in the evening, when he meets Mrs. Marsden's train at thestation, as the latter returns from her day in London. On Sunday afternoons, rain or shine,Professor and Mrs. Marsden take a walk along The Backs, and treasure growing oldtogether."
Author: Sherry Thomas
41. "A garter. You're supposed to take it off and keep it as a memento. K-k-kinda like a trophyfor going far sexually with a girl. It's stupid, really. And kind of d-d-degrading if I think aboutit too m-m-much.""I know what it is," he says, amusement evident in his voice. "I just wanted to hear yourexplanation."
Author: Simone Elkeles
42. "In my lame pescetarian defense, it's very hard to be a girl and say you won't eat something. Refuse one plate of bacon-wrapped pork rinds and you're anorexic. Accept them and you're on the Atkins. Excuse yourself to go to the bathroom and you're bulimic. Best to keep perfectly still and bring an IV of fluids with you to dinner."
Author: Sloane Crosley
43. "If you ask me about my success story, the secret is I know when to pull myself back. I don't overexpose myself; I give proper gaps whenever I can. I do not over spend myself, I keep myself busy in lot of activities. I really work hard; I work harder than others, by focussing on my fitness level and studying music."
Author: Sonu Nigam
44. "It's the strangest thing about this church - it is obsessed with sex, absolutely obsessed. Now, they will say we, with our permissive society and rude jokes, are obsessed. No. We have a healthy attitude. We like it, it's fun, it's jolly; because it's a primary impulse it can be dangerous and dark and difficult. It's a bit like food in that respect, only even more exciting. The only people who are obsessed with food are anorexics and the morbidly obese, and that in erotic terms is the Catholic Church in a nutshell."
Author: Stephen Fry
45. "Trojan, Durex, Lifestyles, Trojan Magnum (oh yeah, my three foot cock definitely needed those), Contempo, Vivid and Rough Rider. Seriously? There was a condom brand called Rough Rider? Why not just go with Fuck Her Hard and be done with it? I stood in the "Family Planning" aisle of the grocery store, trying to decide which condom brand was more effective. Family Planning…give me a break. How many people came to this aisle because they were planning a family? They came to this aisle to AVOID planning a family. --Carter"
Author: Tara Sivec
46. "Overexcited? No! I'm getting very calmly worried that someone might shoot me!"
Author: Terry Pratchett
47. "She could, at this stage of things, recognize signals like that, as the epileptic is said to—an odor, color, pure piercing grace note announcing his seizure. Afterward it is only this signal, really dross, this secular announcement, and never what is revealed during the attack, that he remembers. Oedipa wondered whether, at the end of this (if it were supposed to end), she too might not be left with only compiled memories of clues, announcements, intimations, but never the central truth itself, which must somehow each time be too bright for her memory to hold; which must always blaze out, destroying its own message irreversibly, leaving an overexposed blank when the ordinary world came back."
Author: Thomas Pynchon
48. "By the way, when Oprah Winfrey is suggesting you may have overextended yourself, you need to examine your fucking life."
Author: Tina Fey
49. "Jobs described Mike Markkula's maxim that a good company must "impute"- it must convey its values and importance in everything it does, from packaging to marketing. Johnson loved it. It definitely applied to a company's stores. " The store will become the most powerful physical expression of the brand," he predicted. He said that when he was young he had gone to the wood-paneled, art-filled mansion-like store that Ralph Lauren had created at Seventy-second and Madison in Manhattan. " Whenever I buy a polo shirt, I think of that mansion, which was a physical expression of Ralph's ideals," Johnson said. " Mickey Drexler did that with the Gap. You couldn't think of a Gap product without thinking of the Great Gap store with the clean space and wood floors and white walls and folded merchandise."
Author: Walter Isaacson
50. "I like to spend as much time on the stage as possible. I don't do a regular TV series because I don't want to be overexposed."
Author: William Katt
Quotes About Rex Pictures