Famous Quotes About Riding Scooters
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Riding Scooters.
Top Quotes About Riding Scooters
1. "Fear isn't so difficult to understand. After all, weren't we all frightened as children? Nothing has changed since Little Red Riding Hood faced the big bad wolf. What frightens us today is exactly the same sort of thing that frightened us yesterday. It's just a different wolf. This fright complex is rooted in every individual."
Author: Alfred Hitchcock
2. "Innocent tourists? You make me sound like the big bad wolf.""And you're not?" I questioned."Only if you're Red Riding Hood," he said flirtatiously."Wow, that's original."
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
3. "She saw herself riding in the passenger seat, Sam behind the wheel. Like two of those little peg people in a toy car. Husband peg, wife peg, side by side. Facing the road and not looking at each other; for why would they need to, really, having gone beyond the visible surface long ago. No hope of admiring gazes anymore, no chance of unremitting adoration. Nothing left to show but their plain, true, homely, interior selves, which were actually much richer anyhow."
Author: Anne Tyler
4. "I located America thirty-one years ago in a Model T Ford and planted my flag. I've tried a couple of times since to find it again, riding in faster cars and on better roads, but America is the sort of place that is discovered only once by any one man."
Author: E.B. White
5. "Inner Awareness is often gained in incremental steps at first. The distraction of the perceived physical world dictates this. However, once one realizes this process, a new skill in "awareness recognition" emerges… and like riding a bike for the first time, one peddles faster, gaining confidence in their new skill, a skill that will take them much farther than any distraction previously experienced"
Author: Gary Hopkins
6. "And thus, through the courage and great skill in obstetrics of Queequeg, the deliverance, or rather, delivery of Tashtego, was successfully accomplished, in the teeth, too, of the most untoward and apparently hopeless impediments; which is a lesson by no means to be forgotten. Midwifery should be taught in the same course with fencing and boxing, riding and rowing."
Author: Herman Melville
7. "Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run… but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.…And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
8. "I love bikes. I used to own one, but I fell off it when I was younger and that was the end of my bike riding days until now."
Author: Idris Elba
9. "From out of nowhere, Phury felt an overwhelming tide of guilt, like someone had popped the lid off allhis deepest concerns and his fears for the future of the race. He had to respond to it, couldn't bear thepressure. Riding the wave, he found himself saying in a rush, "We live and die for our kind. The species is our firstand only concern. We fight every night and count the jars of thelessers we kill. Stealth is the way weprotect the civilians. The less they know about us, the safer they are. That is why we disappeared."
Author: J.R. Ward
10. "Dancing is like riding a bike."
Author: Jamie Bell
11. "Being sociable is a skill you can learn. It's like throwing a spiral, riding a bicycle, or murdering your clone's lover, who also happens to be your girlfriend."
Author: Jarod Kintz
12. "It is very dangerous to have your self-worth riding on your results as an athlete."
Author: Jim Courier
13. "Those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside"
Author: John F. Kennedy
14. "Svengal lay groaning on the turf. His thighs were sheer agony. His buttocks ached. His calf muscles were on fire. Now, afterhe had tumbled off the small pony he was riding and thudded heavily to the turf on the point of his shoulder, the shoulder would hurt too. He concentrated on trying to find one part of his body that wasn't a giant source of pain and failed miserably. He opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was the face of the elderly pony that he had been riding peered down at him.Now what made you do a strange thing like that? The creature seemed to be asking."
Author: John Flanagan
15. "First, our focus on security is on the infrastructure itself. So it is all about how you protect the network, the device, and the application that is riding on the server."
Author: John W. Thompson
16. "Sentences or solutions occur to me in the shower, or while running on the treadmill, or riding on the subway."
Author: Karen Thompson Walker
17. "You're still riding home with me right?" He asks Courtney watching me at the corner of his eye. What's with this guy? he looks like he's about one second from taking a baseballbat to my knees. Or wanting to. I wonder if this is how serial killers start out. Wasn't Unabomber really goos at math?"
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
18. "Anger had arrived and it was riding a big furious don't-fuck-with-me horse."
Author: Lucy Robinson
19. "The radio was on and that was the first time I heard that song, the one I hate. Whenever I hear it all I can think of is that very day riding in the front seat with Lucy leaning against me and the smell of Juicy Fruit making me want to throw up. How can a song do that? Be like a net that catches a whole entire day, even a day whose guts you hate? You hear it and all of a sudden everything comes hanging back in front of you, all tangled up in that music."
Author: Lynda Barry
20. "I have always had good strength in my legs from working out with weights. I have also been riding a bike of some sort for most of my life and have good agility."
Author: Mark Paul Gosselaar
21. "Hiro watches the large, radioactive, spear-throwing killer drug lord ride his motorcycle into Chinatown. Which is the same as riding it into China, as far as chasing him down is concerned."
Author: Neal Stephenson
22. "I could rent Caesar out at birthday parties. Halloween parties. I could take pictures of Caesar eating a piece of birthday cake. Or a picture of a kid riding Caesar on his birthday. We could build a saddle."
Author: Pat Conroy
23. "I thought of you with your hair silver as snow all through that cold, slow journey from Sirle. I felt you troubled deep within me, and there was no other place in the world I would rather have been than in the cold night riding to you. When you opened your gates to me, I was home."
Author: Patricia A. McKillip
24. "Kind of what?" Gordon challenged, cutting his eyes to Kevin even as a mental image of himself in the back of Aiden's truck popped into his mind. Shredded jeans in a ball on the floorboard and riding the Outlaw with the athleticism of an Olympic gold medalist in ass fucking."
Author: Santino Hassell
25. "Imagine that it's sugar," Korbyn said. 'You're riding across candy.'"Salt can never be sugar," Fennik said."We should talk about the definition of the word 'imagine'."
Author: Sarah Beth Durst
26. "The reader of Plato joins Socrates in inquiry, as Sancho Panza joined Don Quixote, for adventures of the mind. And although there is a deep consent, like a fire kindled deep in the mind, there is always a tension between the squire and the knight-errant, the little man with proverbs for wisdom riding on a donkey and the knight with the piercing eye riding on a horse, those two parts of each human soul. The intellectual destiny that each of us has depends upon who gets the upper hand, knight or squire."
Author: Scott M. Buchanan
27. "Here's a practice idea for right now. Choose one of those sets of phrases. ... Plan on taking some time to say those words over and over, as you would an ardent prayer. Set some time aside for this. (Fifteen minutes would be a good start.) Then sit comfortably. Later on, you can say these phrases walking about or doing chores or even riding your bike--but for now, just sit. That way you can look at the words."Say each phrase as if you expect it will feel different in your mind--they are slightly different wishes--and feel how each of them echoes in your mind and body. [pp. 72-73]"
Author: Sylvia Boorstein
28. "Will you look at us by the river! The whole restless mob of us on spread blankets in the dreamy briny sunshine skylarking and chiacking about for one day, one clear, clean, sweet day in a good world in the midst of our living. Yachts run before an unfelt gust with bagnecked pelicans riding above them, the city their twitching backdrop, all blocks and points of mirror light down to the water's edge."
Author: Tim Winton
Quotes About Riding Scooters Pictures