Famous Quotes About Risks And Chances
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Risks And Chances.
Top Quotes About Risks And Chances
1. "I was very, very shocked about Cooperstown. I thought my chances were fairly good, but I tried to stay low key about it, not too high and not too low. That was the way I played, too."
Author: Al Kaline
2. "I might have speculated on my chances of going to Heaven; but candidly I did not care. I could not have wept if I had tried. I had no wish to review the evils of my past. But the past did seem to have been a bit wasted. The road to Hell may be paved with good intentions: the road to Heaven is paved with lost opportunities."
Author: Apsley Cherry Garrard
3. "Unstructured play gives kids the space they need to tinker and take risks - both vital for the budding entrepreneur."
Author: Darell Hammond
4. "Once, probably, I used to think that vagueness was a loftier kind of poetry, truer to the depths of consciousness, and maybe when I started to read mathematics and science back in the mid-70s I found an unexpected lyricism in the necessarily precise language that scientists tend to use My instinct, my superstition is that the closer I see a thing and the more accurately I describe it, the better my chances of arriving at a certain sensuality of expression."
Author: Don DeLillo
5. "It seems to me,' said Philippa prosaically, ‘that on the whole we run more risks with Mr Crawford's protection than without it."
Author: Dorothy Dunnett
6. "Taking no chances means wasting your dreams."
Author: Ellen Hopkins
7. "Maybe you will be afraid and maybe you will fail, but the courage to take risks in any part of your life is, I feel, a very worthwhile way to live."
Author: Emile Hirsch
8. "Many will call me an adventurer, and that I am...only one of a different sort: one who risks his skin to prove his truths."
Author: Ernesto Guevara
9. "I fancy our chances at the European Championships."
Author: Frank Lampard
10. "By and large a good rule for finding out is this: the kind of work God usually calls you to is the kind of work a) that you need most to do and b) the world most needs to have done. If you really get a kick out of your work, you've presumably met requirement a), but if your work is writing TV deodorant commercials, the chances are you've missed requirement b)."
Author: Frederick Buechner
11. "In life we have to size up the chances and calculate the possible risks and our ability to deal with them and then make our plans accordingly."
Author: Freya North
12. "Many are the strange chances of the world,' said Mithrandir, 'and help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
13. "As a quarterback, there's no better way to finish your year, in winning a Super Bowl, than with a touchdown pass. The chances of that happening, by the looks of most of the Super Bowls, is a very rare chance. Fortunately for me, I had an opportunity."
Author: Joe Montana
14. "Before Medicare, nearly half of American seniors were forced to go without coverage because insurance companies were reluctant to insure them - making the chances of having health insurance as a senior the same as getting tails on a coin flip."
Author: John B. Larson
15. "This poem is endless, the odds against us are endless,our chances of being alive togetherstatistically nonexistent;"
Author: Lisel Mueller
16. "I can't be with you. I love Brandon; I'm sorry."No! "Baby, don't say that. I will fight for you, I will. Please just give us a shot.""A part of me will probably always love you, too, but I can't take chances with you, Chase. You'll leave me one day, and it will kill me when you do.""Wha—No! I wouldn't, I swear I wouldn't."
Author: Molly McAdams
17. "If you are not comfortable with a decision, chances are high that it´s not the right one for you. If you still can change it, do it!"
Author: Rossana Condoleo
18. "You only do good work when you're taking risks and pushing yourself."
Author: Sally Hawkins
19. "Wealth often takes away chances from men as well as poverty. There is none to tell the rich to go on striving, for a rich man makes the law that hallows and hollows his own life."
Author: Sean O'Casey
20. "Take Risks in Your Life If u Win, U Can Lead! If u Lose, U Can Guide!"
Author: Swami Vivekananda
21. "On the third Wednesday of every month I'd visit fat Dr. Pinski, an old demoralized psychiatrist who couldn't have spotted a suicide if the malcontent's errant bullet ricocheted off his desk and grazed him with a flesh wound. And chances are it would be a flesh wound, cuz he was packing. Flesh. Lots of it too."
Author: Trebor Healey
22. "China's cinema has been rising for some time; it has more exposure, so my chances of becoming internationally known are better. But the first thing I have to do is learn English. If I can grasp the language, then perhaps I can think about the U.S."
Author: Ziyi Zhang
Quotes About Risks And Chances Pictures