Famous Quotes About Rock Bands
Browse 38 famous quotes and sayings about Rock Bands.
Top Quotes About Rock Bands
1. "Punk rock really influenced me, the basic metal bands, Zeppelin, Stones and Floyd, and Southern rock bands. I think I was pretty well-rounded."
Author: Al Jourgensen
2. "The rock strata of the inner canyon changed from dark umbers and black shadows to immense bands of pastel yellow, white, green, and a hundred shades of red in the mysterious chemistry of twilight."
Author: Aron Ralston
3. "I love dancing, but I'm not that good of a singer. I sang in punk rock bands in high school and college and stuff, but that mostly involved lots of screaming."
Author: Brian Dietzen
4. "Rock and roll and swing never quite mixed. Rock and roll came in and just blew everything out of the water. Big bands were dead."
Author: Brian Setzer
5. "Best two rock voices I've heard in a last few years both have been from grunge bands: it's Eddie Vedder and the other one is Chris Cornell from Soundgarden."
Author: Bruce Dickinson
6. "My roots and Victor's are jazz, basically, but these two young fellows that we have with us come out of rock bands. And they're tremendously exciting players."
Author: Chico Hamilton
7. "Rock 'n' roll accepted me and paid me, even though I loved the big bands... I went that way because I wanted a home of my own. I had a family. I had to raise them. Let's don't leave out the economics. No way."
Author: Chuck Berry
8. "It might sound chauvinistic, but there is a sad reality in rock music: Bands who depend on support from females inevitably crash and burn."
Author: Chuck Klosterman
9. "There are few people who define the word, 'rock star' better than U2's Bono. He's revered the world over not just for leading one of the biggest bands ever, but for his very public work on behalf of the underprivileged in Africa."
Author: Daryn Kagan
10. "I was more influenced by players like Randy Rhoads and Eddie Van Halen than by the guys in southern rock bands."
Author: Dimebag Darrell
11. "I have had success throughout the years. Some of the hard rock bands today don't have the history that I have."
Author: Gary Cherone
12. "You're gonna be going to rock shows for the rest of your natural life right ladies?. You're gonna see sleezy ass rockbands. They're gonna come up to you and ask you, to show your tits for a backstage pass. You know what I want you to fucking do? I want you to spit right in their FUCKING FACE."
Author: Gerard Way
13. "If you ever see shitty ass rock dudes in shitty ass rock bands asking you to show them your tist for backstage passes, I want you to spit right in their fucking faces and yell 'FUCK YOU!"
Author: Gerard Way
14. "I was playing in other rock bands. Any of those bands didn't last long."
Author: Ikue Mori
15. "I know it's financially lucrative to go out on my own, but I don't like it. It's really hard work, just the performance aspect. I like people who look like they've been together for too long and sound like they've been together too long. I like rock n' roll bands."
Author: Jason Isbell
16. "I'm just sorry. Sorry that there won't be any more camping trips for kids or rock bands or even new books to read. No more movies or fresh bags of popcorn. It really sucks when you think about it. Of course, there is the possibility that we might be able to win this war, but not for a very long time. Probably longer than you and I will ever exist in this world.""I try not to think about it.""Sometimes it's all I ever think about."
Author: Jeyn Roberts
17. "I enjoy looking at old photos of some of my favorite rock icons, but also get inspired from the younger bands that are coming up and really creating their own style, their own image."
Author: John Varvatos
18. "When I get 13 or 14 years old, I get crazy with rock music, like, like, deeply crazy. And one of my favorite bands at that moment was, for example, like - bands like Metallica or Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd and Santana, you know? And then I start to play metal, actually, when I was - at the age of 15."
19. "Don't ask me why I obsessively look to rock 'n' roll bands for some kind of model for a better society. I guess it's just that I glimpsed something beautiful in a flashbulb moment once, and perhaps mistaking it for prophecy have been seeking its fulfillment ever since."
Author: Lester Bangs
20. "The nose can't help catchin' what the ears get sick with. Yessir, rock bands just sweat evil. Evil's been around for a long time, ever since rocks started getting real hot and making a lot of noise as they exploded out o' the ground and evil spirits wisped out of hell. If a band ever uses a fog machine, hold your breath so you don't become possessed by one."
Author: M.C. Humphreys
21. "I love rock and roll. Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong decade because I love Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix and... those are my bands."
Author: Marisa Miller
22. "We have an electronic vein we have tapped and applied it to a rock setting like tons of bands out there."
Author: Mike Lowry
23. "Wealthier Mennonites even though they're not technically supposed to be wealthy do their drinking in North Dakota or Hawaii. They are sort of like rock bands on tour in that the rules of this town don't apply to them when they're on the road. An embarrassing situation for wealthy Mennonites is to meet other wealthy Mennonites at the swim-up bar at the Honolulu Holiday Inn."
Author: Miriam Toews
24. "I feel like the rap metal at the end of the 1990s destroyed rock music for everybody and suddenly everybody felt like they had to apologise for being in rock bands. People suddenly felt bad about wanting to reach massive audiences and the sense of theatre, that we have in our live show, became something to avoid."
Author: Nate Ruess
25. "Through the history of rock n' roll, you see lots of bands making the mistake of putting on the tights when they get to arenas. Don't do that."
Author: Patrick Carney
26. "The local music community here was dying for a place to record, so we started doing acoustic, folk and bluegrass and then did rock projects for other bands, as well as for my son Tal and my own work."
Author: Randy Bachman
27. "I was in punk rock bands, heavy metal bands, world music bands, jazz groups, any type of music that would take me. I just love music."
Author: Reggie Watts
28. "Australia is so entrenched in rock n'roll and bands, and that's just the way Australia is."
Author: Ricki Lee Coulter
29. "I had 12 years of classical music as a child, playing piano competitions as a teenager, playing in blues bands and rock 'n' roll bands, country and jazz bands. I played in about any situation."
Author: Ronnie Milsap
30. "I began with dance, doing ballet at 3, then tap, jazz, modern. Then I sang in church choirs, learned how to play clarinet and drums, sang with rock bands and only then did I get into musical theatre."
Author: Samantha Barks
31. "In the late 80s though, during the new Glam Rock, leather trousers came back with a vengeance. In a way they replaced Spandex, which had slipped slowly out of fashion due to bands like Saxon never being out of the stuff. These new leather trousers began to develop accessories such as tassels, sequins, and laces up the sides. This all looked quite nice for a while, but in the end they were just another easy target for Kurt Cobain and his subversive cardigans."
Author: Seb Hunter
32. "To me, the 90's signaled the end of glam rock, the beginning of gangsta rap, and hopefully the beginning and end of boy bands."
Author: Shane West
33. "There's no leader of this band, and there never will be. That's the key. You can't control how the public perceives you-people see rock'n'roll bands as the guitar player and the singer."
Author: Shannon Hoon
34. "But, then again, I wouldn't call myself an indie-rock supporter even if there are some really good bands out there and there will always be some real good new bands."
Author: Stephen Malkmus
35. "By now all rock bands are wise enough to be suspicious of music industry scum."
Author: Steve Albini
36. "Rock n' roll as a genre is different from pop and hip hop: it is about bands, and that for me suggests brotherhood, family, friendship and community."
Author: Steven Van Zandt
37. "Getting on stage, for me, was a huge thing when I first started. And back in high school, everyone was in rock bands and I was a singer/songwriter. It just seems kind of lame."
Author: Tyler Hilton
38. "What was remarkable was that associating with a computer and electronics company was the best way for a rock band to seem hip and appeal to young people. Bono later explained that not all corporate sponsorships were deals with the devil. "Let's have a look," he told Greg Kot, the Chicago Tribune music critic. "The ‘devil' here is a bunch of creative minds, more creative than a lot of people in rock bands. The lead singer is Steve Jobs. These men have helped design the most beautiful art object in music culture since the electric guitar. That's the iPod. The job of art is to chase ugliness away."
Author: Walter Isaacson
Quotes About Rock Bands Pictures