Famous Quotes About Roll
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Roll.
Top Quotes About Roll
1. "Most people die, living their life paycheck to paycheck,trying to stretch out each dollar, as like a roll of toilet paper. Toiling each tissue, never quite wiping away all the shit from their asses, where the world always takes what little they flush, back into its deprived system, always hungry."
Author: Anthony Liccione
2. "I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."
Author: Barry M. Goldwater
3. "I was dozing on the sand, drowsy from the heat of the fire, when Naji shook me awake hours later. I rolled over and looked at him. "You're alive," he said. "Course I'm alive," I snapped. "You're the one who keeps passing out."
Author: Cassandra Rose Clarke
4. "...and Lublamai no longer thought of screaming but only of watching as those dark markings rolled and boiled in perfect symetry across the wings like clouds in a night sky above, in water below."
Author: China Miéville
5. "Love is a banana. First you peel it, and then you roll on the condom."
Author: Dark Jar Tin Zoo
6. "Of course I can." He stuck out a rolled tongue and wiggled it, demonstrating, then pulled it back. "Everyone can do that, surely? Ian?""Oh, aye, of course." Ian obligingly demonstrated. "Anyone can.""I can't," said Brianna. Jamie stared at her, taken aback. "What d'ye mean ye can't?""Bleah." She stuck out a flat tongue and waggled it from side to side. "I can't.""Of course ye can." Jamie frowned. "Here, it's simple, lass—anyone can do it!" He stuck out his own tongue again, rolling and unrolling it like a paternal anteater, anxiously encouraging its offspring toward an appetizing mass of insects. He glanced at Roger, brows lifted."
Author: Diana Gabaldon
7. "[S]he came up suddenly beside me so I saw her reflection in a mirror. At the sight of her I was paralyzed with happiness; … [S]he was smiling at me, … not a dream but a presence that filled the whole room … I knew I couldn't turn around, that to look at her directly was to violate the laws of her world and mine; … our eyes met in the glass for a long moment; but just as she seemed about to speak … — a vapor rolled between us and I woke up."
Author: Donna Tartt
8. "FROM A WILD NIGHT'S BRIDE by Victoria Vane:His gaze glued to the bed, Ned made a mechanical backward retreat to the center of the room where he had a clearer prospect of its crowning glory. His vision rose to the top of the headboard, to the heraldic shield seated betwixt the carved figures of a lion and a unicorn. His gaze slid with dread to the engraved scroll beneath. Dieu Et Mon Driot. God and my right, the motto of the king. His chest seized. The room began to spin. He looked to Phoebe, aware that the blood was draining from his face, and that his voice emerged as a strangled sound. "May the same God save me...for I'm going to be hung, drawn, and quartered for spending last night rutting in the King of England's bed!" coming April 27, 2012 from Breathless Press"
Author: Emery Lee
9. "A rumor that followed me forever was that my family was in the mafia. For years I had to live with it. They'd call me the mafia princess, so I rolled with it for the rest of high school. People even joke about it today."
Author: Giuliana Rancic
10. "Cada período del desarrollo humano, Susan, tiene su tipo particular de conflicto, sus problemas distintos que, aparentemente sólo pueden resolverse por la fuerza. Y jamás, por decepcionante que esto sea, la fuerza resuelve el problema. En su lugar, éste persiste a través de una serie de conflictos y se desvanece por sí solo... ¿cómo dice la frase?, no con un estallido, sino con su susurro, a medida que el ambiente económico y social cambia. Y entonces, nuevo problema y nueva serie de guerras. Un ciclo, al parecer, sin fin."
Author: Isaac Asimov
11. "His brain was simmering and bubbling within the cracking tenement of the skull.Flames burst forth from his skull like a corolla,shrieking like voices: -Hell! Hell! Hell! Hell! Hell!"
Author: James Joyce
12. "It all started when my dog began getting free roll over minutes."
Author: Jay London
13. "Because I actually find the next take after they've controlled it a little bit and repressed the laughter is actually a really interesting take, because that's still going on underneath the surface. That struggle to maintain composure becomes part of the joy of the scene."
Author: Jay Roach
14. "He nodded to my fiddle case. "Why didn't you come play with me?" Immediately he rolled his eyes at himself. "That's not what I meant."I didn't point out that if he was constantly hearing double entendres in his own words, he had a dirtier mind than he wanted to let on. Sam having a dirty mind was okay with me. It was adorable, actually, as long as his mind was on me."
Author: Jennifer Echols
15. "I don't cry for humans. I cry for things that are so beautiful I just can't stand it, like Bonnie in front of me, all crusty from rolling in the sand, with a mouthful of half-chewed hay and eyes that knew everything I'd ever thought or felt or been."
Author: Judith Tarr
16. "Its as if God cruised through one of those Chinese fast-food buffets and bought Abe the full meal dealso he can pass for Mama's beloved son. When it came to my turn, all that was left was one of those soggy egg rollsthat doesn't qualify as real Chinese food."
Author: Justina Chen
17. "Vilket korkat jävla idiotland det här var. Alla unga kvinnor drack vatten i sådana mängder att det sprutade ur öronen på dem, de trodde det var 'nyttigt' och 'fräscht', men det enda som hände var att antalet unga inkontinenta i landet sköt rätt upp i höjden. Barn åt fullkornspasta och fullkornsbröd och allsköns märkvärdiga grova rissorter som deras magar inte kunde tillgodogöra sig riktigt, men det spelade ingen roll för det var 'nyttigt', det var 'fräscht', det var 'hälsosamt'. Å, de förväxlade mat med själ, de trodde att de kunde äta sig till att bli bättre människor utan att fatta att mat är en sak, de föreställningar mat väcker något annat. Och sa man det, sa man något i den vägen var man antingen reaktionär eller bara norrman, det vill säga en människa som är tio år efter."
Author: Karl Ove Knausgård
18. "As a trafficker in climaxes and thrills and characterization and wonderful dialogue and suspense and confrontations, I had outlined the Dresden story many times. The best outline I ever made, or anyway the prettiest one, was on the back of a roll of wallpaper. I used my daughter's crayons, a different color for each main character. One end of the wallpaper was the beginning of the story, and the other end was the end,"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
19. "We're playing Three Wishes," she told her friend. "Cake, hot bath, soft bed. How about you?""World peace," said Karou.Zuzana rolled her eyes. "Yes, Saint Karou.""Cure for cancer," Karou went on. "And unicorns for all.""Bluh. Nothing ruins Three Wishes like altruism. It has to be something for yourself, and if it doesn't include food, it's a lie.""I did include food. I said unicorns, didn't I?""Mmm. You're craving unicorn, are you?" Zuzana's brow furrowed. "Wait. Do they have those here?""Alas, no.""They did," said Mik. "But Karou ate them all.""I am a voracious unicorn predator."
Author: Laini Taylor
20. "She rolled over and sat up as he bent, tearing off his boots. "Whatcha doing?""Getting naked.""I like that."
Author: Laurann Dohner
21. "My story is about all I got to my name right now, and that's why I feel robbed. But a story's a whole lot more than most people got. All you people watching out there, you're listening to what I say because I have something you don't: I got plot. Bought and paid for. That's what all you people want, and why you're sucking off me. You want my plot. I know how you feel too, since hey, I used to feel the same way. TV and video games and movies and computer screens... On April 8th, 1999, I jumped into the screen, I switched to watchee. Ever since, I've known what my life is about. I give good story. It may have been kinda gory, but admit it, you all loved it. You ate it up. Nuts, I ought to be on some government payroll. Without people like me, the whole country would jump off a bridge, 'cause the only thing on TV is some housewife on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? winning $64,000 for remembering the name of the president's dog."
Author: Lionel Shriver
22. "If we all knew each morning that there was going to be another morning, and on and on and on, we's tend not to notice the sunrise, or hear the birds, or the waves rolling into the shore. We'd tend not to treasure our time with the people we love. Simply the awareness that our mortal lives had a beginning and will have an end enhances the quality of our living. Perhaps it's even more intense when we know that the termination of the body is near, but it shouldn't be."
Author: Madeleine L'Engle
23. "Paranormal. It rolls off the tongue with such poetry but it means something like, beyond normal. There is nothing paranormal about magic. Magic is the norm. —Penny SweeneyMagic All Around"
Author: Marcy L. Peska
24. "Sherry Carroll is a real life Penny Lane and one wonders if she hasn't got Cameron Crowe or Lester Bangs hidden somewhere in her suburban basement."
Author: Maria Waters
25. "I love you, Susie.""She rolled her eyes. "Save it.""I haven't given you much reason to believe it, but it's true. I love you. I've loved you for so long I can't imagine ever not loving you. When I saw you struggling to breathe yesterday, I was reminded again that a life without you is no life at all. So you don't have to be civil.You don't even have to talk to me, but I'm going to talk to you. I hope you'll listen."
Author: Marie Force
26. "Sono egoista, impaziente e un po' insicura. Commetto errori, sono fuori controllo e, allo stesso tempo, difficile da gestire.Ma se non sei in grado di gestire il mio lato peggiore, allora certamente non sarai in grado di gestire quello migliore."
Author: Marilyn Monroe
27. "Oh,for God's sake." Frankie rolled his eyes under his green porkpie hat. The color perfectly matched the VINCE stitched onto the pocket of his brown bowling shirt. Frankie is all about vintage chic. "Give me the book.I'll throw it at him."Frankie's daring. He's also conversant in postmodern art and tells me he loves me on a regular basis. He does lie like a rug,but only to people he doesn't care about, like the gym teacher. "Badminton?" he gasped once, early in our friendship, when I assumed I'd found a gym partner (him) who would actually talk to me. "And risk this nose?"It's a good nose. In a really, really good face."
Author: Melissa Jensen
28. "Why were you running?" Gordon looked confused. "I wasn't going to hurt you."Bite me," I told him. He was so going to get charged with assault. I might even have to put a restraining order on his sorry ass. "Oh, wait a minute, you already did bite me, didn't you… you psycho!"He rolled his eyes. "You're really going to have to get over that if this relationship is going to have half a chance."
Author: Michelle Rowen
29. "Henry looks from my face back to the field, and his eyes pop open wide. I turn to see why he's gaping: JJ and Carter are messing around, tryingto shove a scrawny wide receiver into Jerry Rice's stroller."JJ!" Henry yells, "You can't fit a freshman in that stroller."
Author: Miranda Kenneally
30. "Hey," says Hayden, "I'm Switzerland; neutral as can be, and also with great chocolate.""Get lost," Roland tells him."Already am." And Hayden strolls away."
Author: Neal Shusterman
31. "A piratical ghost story in thirteen ingenious but potentially disturbing rhyming couplets, originally conceived as a confection both to amuse and to entertain by Mr. Neil Gaiman, scrivener, and then doodled, elaborated upon, illustrated, and beaten soundly by Mr. Cris Grimly, etcher and illuminator, featuring two brave children, their diminutive but no less courageous gazelle, and a large number of extremely dangerous trolls, monsters, bugbears, creatures, and other such nastiness, many of which have perfectly disgusting eating habits and ought not, under any circumstances, to be encouraged."
Author: Neil Gaiman
32. "And I know why our friendship must be kept a secret. Or they will kill You like they killed You in the Bible. And then we could not be together. If not for them we would live in this valley together. As best friends. But we must be careful, Jesus. I think I would die if anything happened to You...' - she cried ah think, for ah could hear her little sobs as she spoke - '...just close my eyes and die.' And she let fall a heavy tear, and it passed through the slats and exploded upon mah face, just below the right cheek. And as the droplet began to roll, ah caught it with mah tongue. And ah was shocked momentarily by that tear's sweetness, having known them only as bitter things - only bitter things - always bitter things."
Author: Nick Cave
33. "I used to believe, although I don't now, that growing and growing up are analogous, that both are inevitable and uncontrollable processes. Now it seems to me that growing up is governed by the will, that one can choose to become an adult, but only at given moments. These moments come along fairly infrequently -during crises in relationships, for example, or when one has been given the chance to start afresh somewhere- and one can ignore them or seize them."
Author: Nick Hornby
34. "The controlled person is a powerful person. He who always keeps his head will get ahead."
Author: Norman Vincent Peale
35. "This is the age of the specialist, and years ago Rollo had settled on his career. Even as a boy, hardly capable of connected thought, he had been convinced that his speciality, the one thing he could do really well, was to inherit money."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
36. "What are you?" he demanded. "A slayer?" I rolled my eyes. "The name's Val, not Buffy. Do I look like a blond cheerleader with questionable taste in men?"
Author: Parker Blue
37. "I am living proof that the American dream still exists. It is still alive and well. There is only one trick, you have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and work very, very hard."
Author: Paula Deen
38. "When I left Merle was wearing a bungalow apron and rolling pie crust. She came to the door wiping her hands on the apron and kissed me on the mouth and began to cry and ran back into the house, leaving the doorway empty [...] I had a funny feeling as I saw the house disappear, as though I had written a poem and it was very good and I had lost it and would never remember it again. (p. 262)"
Author: Raymond Chandler
39. "What do you privately consult about?"Haunted houses, exorcisms, that sort of thing," he answered.Wow. You're like-"Don't say it."-Giles from Buffy."He rolled his eyes. "If I had a quarter for every time someone saidthat."
Author: Rhiannon Frater
40. "The following obituary appeared in the Pittsburgh Sun-Telegraph of Sept. 16, 1958:A GREAT POET died last week in Lancieux, France, at the age of 84.He was not a poet's poet. Fancy-Dan dilletantes will dispute the description "great."He was a people's poet. To the people he was great. They understood him, and knew that any verse carrying the by-line of Robert W. Service would be a lilting thing, clear, clean and power-packed, beating out a story with a dramatic intensity that made the nerves tingle.And he was no poor, garret-type poet, either. His stuff made money hand over fist. One piece alone, The Shooting of Dan McGrew, rolled up half a million dollars for him. He lived it up well and also gave a great deal to help others."The only society I like," he once said, "is that which is rough and tough - and the tougher the better. That's where you get down to bedrock and meet human people."He found that kind of society in the Yukon gold rush, and he immortalized it."
Author: Robert W. Service
41. "The words tasted sour. I agreed with Patrick. In New Orleans, sometimes death did feel more like socializing. And he knew better than anyone else. He frequented postmortem parties daily, trolling for books."
Author: Ruta Sepetys
42. "MagicSandra's seen a leprechaun,Eddie touched a troll,Laurie danced with witches once,Charlie found some goblins gold.Donald heard a mermaid sing,Susy spied an elf,But all the magic I have knownI've had to make myself."
Author: Shel Silverstein
43. "Sasha groaned from beside her as he struggled with his belt. "I think I'm going to barf a hairball." Jess let out a frustrated breath as he tried to loosen himself. "You can't. You're canine.""Tell that to the hairball in my stomach." Jess cursed as his hand slipped while he was trying to get loose. "Bet you're glad I made you fasten that seat belt now, aren't you, Mr. I-can-flash-myself-out-if-we-get-hit?" Sasha groaned. "Shut up, asshole." He glared at Jess. "And I would have flashed out of the car, but because we were rolling, I didn't want to get hit by it. Damn those Rytis laws."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "Where it is dark night for the [sense-bound] world, the self controlled [man] is awake."
Author: Swami Vivekananda
45. "But in terms of "psychological" time, most of us are still living in centuries past, stirred by ancient grudges, controlled by obsolete prejudices, driven by buried fears."
Author: Sydney J. Harris
46. "It should be obvious that I wasn't no honor roll student in high school. My favorite class was boys."
Author: Terry McMillan
47. "This was music that had not only escaped, but had robbed a bank on the way out. It was music with its sleeves rolled up and its top button undone, raising its hat and grinning and stealing the silver."
Author: Terry Pratchett
48. "This?" the duchess asked."Yes. That.""I will tell you exactly what this is." She lifted her chin, then turned to Pauline. "It's exceedingly poor handiwork. Very bad indeed, Miss Simms. I expected better of you." She cast the entire mess of yarn into the coal grate.Pauline rolled her eyes at the Bible. "Hypocrite," she pronounced softly, with perfect diction."
Author: Tessa Dare
49. "She had known happiness, exquisite happiness, intense happiness, and it silvered the rough waves a little more brightly, as daylight faded, and the blue went out of the sea and it rolled in waves of pure lemon which curved and swelled and broke upon the beach and the ecstasy burst in her eyes and waves of pure delight raced over the floor of her mind and she felt, It is enough! It is enough!"
Author: Virginia Woolf
50. "I don't have to tell you that the one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has been erased like a blackboard, only to be rebuilt and then erased again. But baseball has marked time while America has rolled by like a procession of steamrollers."
Author: W.P. Kinsella
Quotes About Roll Pictures