Famous Quotes About Roll
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Roll.
Top Quotes About Roll
201. "He smelled like a sultry summer storm—cool, refreshing rain, sweltering, hot wind, and charged, electric thunder—all rolled up into one extremely enticing vampire being."
Author: Ada Adams
202. "El espacio interior del alma es igual de infinito y enigmático que el espacio cósmico exterior, y (...) tanto los cosmonautas del espacio exterior cuanto los del interior no pueden permanecer allí, sino que tienen que regresar a la tierra, a la conciencia cotidiana. además, ambos viajes exigen una buena preparación, para que puedan desarrollarse con un mínimo de peligro y convertirse en una empresa realmente enriquecedora."
Author: Albert Hofmann
203. "It's no fun feeling your thoughts are being controlled by an electrode, and someone else is holding the clicker."
Author: Alice Weaver Flaherty
204. "Where's Lucy?" I asked the others."At the farmhouse," Nicholas said with grim satisfaction."How'd you manage that?""She's in a closet." Solange rolled her eyes.I stared at Nicholas. "You locked your girlfriend in a closet? Smooth.""She's going to eviscerate him," Quinn said cheerfully."
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
205. "The past is set down in a thousand thousand indelible scrolls. But the future is a blank parchment forever in wait of a present."
Author: Andrew Levkoff
206. "Little notes of music trembled in hesitation, and burst, and rolled in quick, fine waves, like the thin, clear ringing of glass. Little notes leaped and exploded and laughed, laughed with a full, unconditional, consummate joy.She did not know whether she was singing. Perhaps she was only hearing the music somewhere. But the music had been a promise; a promise at the dawn of her life. That which had been promised then, could not be denied to her now."
Author: Ayn Rand
207. "All the tiny things made this mammoth union up, all the times he had picked her up from Sutherland station, made her chicken salad rolls and brought her a Lipton's iced tea, called her about Sunday and fixed Nina's shed door hinge, held her and not fucked her when she was dying with period pain, thought of what she said last night and made something of it the following afternoon, all these unspectacular deposits of love he had made and they were the currency, earning enough to have her see that he was nothing but the right one."
Author: Brendan Cowell
208. "Certainly, Lu. Whatever you like,' said Peter unexpectedly. This was encouraging, but as Peter instantly rolled round and went to sleep again it wasn't much use."
Author: C.S. Lewis
209. "Pet, so far we've been playing at this. I'm going to take you a bit further. A play spanking can be erotic but I am going to take you flying, so high you'll never have felt anything like it." He paused and strolled around the kneeling boy. Damian pulled his hands together behind his back and linked the D rings on the cuffs. "Feel how helpless you are, on your knees to me, waiting for me to decide what to do to you?"
Author: Catt Ford
210. "My mother wasn't controlling at all. She was a stabilizing force who grew up on a farm in Pennsylvania. Now it's the big circle game. Taking care of her is a great blessing for me. I'll tuck her into bed, kiss her on the cheek, wipe up the mess on her blouse from whatever she spilled."
Author: Christine Ebersole
211. "Once you've ridden the roller coaster, the Ferris wheel's kinda restricting."
Author: Daria Snadowsky
212. "The three of us do not go out very often as the three of us. I think Daniel is perfect for Jed, which is the highest compliment I can give. But my friendship isn't with him, and Jed understands that. When we hit the road, we hit it together alone.We get to the bridge, out undestined destination. Even though there's no sign, no arrow, Jed turns at the last minute and parks us in a verge right before the bridge leaves the ground.The trunk pops open, and Jed runs round back to retrieve a bag of oranges and a sweatshirt that fits me better.Shall we make like lizards and leap? he asks.I never felt the urge to jump off a bridge, but there are times I have wanted to jump out of my life, out of my skin. Would you stroll me down the promenade instead? I ask back.Most certainly, my splendid. There is no word for our kind of friendship. Two people tho don't see each other a lot, but can make each other effortlessly happy."
Author: David Levithan
213. "Preventing diseases rather than curing them makes more sense – Doctors of the future will be clinicians, dieticians and personal trainers rolled into one!"
Author: Deepak Hiwale
214. "I waved back and went in, and began to sort my way through ancient building plans that had been rolled up so long that straightening them out was like six bouts with an octopus."
Author: Dick Francis
215. "Neither Rose nor Charles liked to talk much of their adventures with the trolls, but some of the so-called "softskins" whom they had brought out of Niflheim, as well as the crew of the ship Soren had hired to go north to find Rose, must have spread the story, because for many years afterward, there were tales of a race of trolls living on top of the world.Only Rose and her white bear know the whole truth of it."
Author: Edith Pattou
216. "You already made your point," I say with a mouthful of fruit. "Did I?""Oh, for the love of dick, yes. Now leave me alone." "Never. If you want, I'll fuck you now." The gall. I wouldn't fuck him now if my clit was on fire and needed to be doused with nub-saving cum. I roll my eyes at him. "No thanks, we have a lifetime of fucking ahead of us," I say mockingly. He shrugs and starts to walk away as if it makes no difference to him one way or the other. He's such a jackass sometimes. Before I can stop myself I throw my half-eaten banana at him and it hits him on the back of his neck. He spins around, wipes his neck and looks down at the banana on the floor. "Did you really just fruitally assault me?"He thinks he's so damned funny with his wordplay."
Author: Ella Dominguez
217. "I think adversity magnifies behavior. Tend to be a control freak? You'll become more controlling. Eat for comfort? You'll eat more. And on the positive, if you tend to focus on solutions and celebrate small successes, that's what you'll do in adversity."
Author: Gretchen Rubin
218. "It was snowing when I got off the bus at Flax Hill. Not quite regular snowfall, not exactly a blizzard. This is how it was: The snow came down heavily, settled for about a minute, then the wind moved it - more rolled it, really - onto another target. One minute you were covered in snow, then it sped off sideways, as if a brisk, invisible giant had taken pity and brushed you down."
Author: Helen Oyeyemi
219. "Some three or four years before this Dr. Sloper had moved his household gods up town, as they say in New York. He had been living ever since his marriage in an edifice of red brick, with granite copings and an enormous fanlight over the door, standing in a street within five minutes' walk of the City Hall, which saw its best days (from the social point of view) about 1820. After this, the tide of fashion began to set steadily northward, as, indeed, in New York, thanks to the narrow channel in which it flows, it is obliged to do, and the great hum of traffic rolled farther to the right and left of Broadway."
Author: Henry James
220. "A helping word to one in trouble is often like a switch on a railroad track an inch between wreck and smooth, rolling prosperity."
Author: Henry Ward Beecher
221. "It was wonderful, a stunning happy ending to what began as another tragic rock & roll story, as if Bob Dylan had been arrested in Miami for jacking off in a seedy little XXX theater while stroking the spine of a fat young boy."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
222. "A rolled-up newspaper landed on my head and then on Jim's. "None of that in my house!"Oh my gods. The alpha of Clan Cat just got smacked with a rolled-up newspaper. "Mom!"She pointed at me with the newspaper. "Do not shame me."I clamped my mouth shut. When she pulled out the shame card, it was all over."
Author: Ilona Andrews
223. "A description of Zaira as it is today should contain all Zaira's past. The city, however, does not tell its past, but contains it like the lines of a hand, written in the corners of the streets, the gratings of the windows, the banisters of the steps, the antennae of the lightning rods, the poles of the flags, every segment marked in turn with scratches, indentations, scrolls."
Author: Italo Calvino
224. "The word nightmare is not a reference to a mare (female horse) seen at night, but to a terrifying dream – one in which the dreamer experiences helplessness, anxiety, fear, and possibly sorrow. The symbolism is that of a horse trotting through your dream in some uncontrollable fashion wreaking all kinds of havoc."
Author: J.W. Lord
225. "This source of corruption, alas, is inherent in the democratic system itself, and it can only be controlled, if at all, by finding ways to encourage legislators to subordinate ambition to principle."
Author: James L. Buckley
226. "Hi there, I'm—" "An idiot," Kieran said, rolling his eyes. Thrain grinned and shook Clare's hand. "Well, hello, Miss Idiot."
Author: Jayde Scott
227. "Time that withers you will wither me. We will fall like ripe fruit and roll down the grass together. Dear friend, let me lie beside you watching the clouds until the earth covers us and we are gone."
Author: Jeanette Winterson
228. "Revenge... is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."
Author: Jeremy Taylor
229. "Rage, or something as equally dense and seething, was hanging from every chandelier, resentment woven into thick carpets padding the room, hatred flickering underneath every lampshade. The floor bathed in a creepy shadow, a particular darkness that had seeped into the walls, and right now was rolling across my converse so I couldn't see them. Absolute darkness."
Author: Kami Garcia
230. "I can't wear a man's jacket with a ball gown." She rolls her eyes at him, sighs. But thanks, honey."
Author: Kathryn Stockett
231. "It wasn't so much of a controlled effort to end up as part of the Goth scene."
Author: Kenny Hickey
232. "A ROLLERCOASTERYou will find him inmy highs and lows;in my mind,he'll to and fro.He's the tallest person,that I know—and so he keeps me,on my toes."
Author: Lang Leav
233. "Edge will contact you mind- to- mind and let you know what's going on." "So I should be prepared to hear voices in my head… other than the usual ones." Vance added the last part with a grin. Cory gave him a droll stare and said, "Exactly."
Author: Lanie Malone
234. "He can't die! He's the bloody King of Winter.""Don't be absurd," said Bob, rolling an eye at the wounded Janus. "Just because he's immortal doesn't mean he can't die!"
Author: Lesley Livingston
235. "Walking was not fast enough, so we ran. Running was not fast enough, so we galloped. Galloping was not fast enough, so we sailed. Sailing was not fast enough, so we rolled merrily along on long metal tracks. Long metal tracks were not fast enough, so we drove. Driving was not fast enough, so we flew. Flying isn't fast enough for us. We want to get there faster. Get where? Wherever we are not. But a human soul can only go as fast as a man can walk, they used to say. In that case, where are all the souls? Left behind."
Author: Margaret Atwood
236. "So he bought tickets to the Greyhound and they climbed, painfully, inch by inch and with the knowledge that, once they reached the top, there would be one breath-taking moment when the car would tip precariously into space, over an incline six stories steep and then plunge, like a plunging plane. She buried her head against him, fearing to look at the park spread below. He forced himself to look: thousands of little people and hundreds of bright little stands, and over it all the coal-smoke pall of the river factories and railroad yards. He saw in that moment the whole dim-lit city on the last night of summer; the troubled streets that led to the abandoned beaches, the for-rent signs above overnight hotels and furnished basement rooms, moving trolleys and rising bridges: the cagework city, beneath a coalsmoke sky."
Author: Nelson Algren
237. "She'd done the first, the second and the third, when her father came in.He stopped in the doorway, held up a hand. "Wait, don't tell me.I know you. The face is very familiar." He narrowed his eyes as she rolled hers. "I'm sure I've seen you before, somewhere.Tibet? Mazetlan? At the dinner table a year or two ago.""It hasn't been more than a week." She reached up as he bent to kiss her. "But I've mised you,too. I've been swamped here.""So I've heard." He flipped open the magazine to her article. "Pretty girl. I bet her parents are proud of her.""I hope so."
Author: Nora Roberts
238. "She rolled onto her back on her father's bed, lifted her legs to the ceiling. They were clad in herusual black, but she was starting to get sort of tired of it. "Can I get a tattoo instead?""Oh sure. We'll all go get one this weekend." He turned. "How do I look?"Maddy cocked her head, considered. "Better than average.""You're such a comfort to me, Maddy.""If I get an A on my science report, can I get my nose pierced?""If Theo gets an A on anything, I might consider letting him get his nose pierced."Since both ends of the statement were equally farfetched, she laughed. "Come on, Dad.""Gotta go."
Author: Nora Roberts
239. "SimpleComplex systems can arisefrom simple rules.It's notthat we want to survive,it's that we've been druggedand made to actas if we dowhile all the whilethe sea breaksand rolls, painlessly, under.If we're not copying it,we're lonely.Is this the knowledgethat demands to bepassed down?Time is made from swatchesof heaven and hell.If we're not killing it,we're hungry."
Author: Rae Armantrout
240. "Every second I stand here in your temperature-controlled cell," Jenna said, "I'm forced to suck down the same recycled air that's going through your nostrils, and that thought absolutely nauseates me."
Author: Richard Finney
241. "Emma smacks the back of my head. "It's just boobs. Even I have a pair. No reason to stare so hard. Put your eyes back in your head." She grabs my hand, leading me toward the bar . . . and positions me with my back to the stage."But you've never shown me yours. Take your shirt off, and I'll stare at yours instead." "You did not just say that.""Yeah, I think I did.""Men." She rolls her eyes."
Author: Rita Webb
242. "I did the rock 'n roll-pop cliche of getting burnt out. I'm not the first person that happened to, and I'm sure I won't be the last."
Author: Robbie Williams
243. "It's soothing to realize that my mind's processes are inherently uncontrollable."
Author: Rudy Rucker
244. "Eight months later, having left Columbia, I was studying physics in a summer program and working in Colorado when I decided to enroll as a graduate student in biophysics."
Author: Sidney Altman
245. "Tough old world, baby. If you're not bolted together tightly, you're gonna shake, rattle, and roll before you turn thirty."
Author: Stephen King
246. "He helped the Librarian up. There was a red glow in the ape's eyes. It had tried to steal his books. This was probably the best proof any wizard could require that the trolleys were brainless."
Author: Terry Pratchett
247. "A little boy, he can play like he's a fireman or a cop--although fewer and fewer are pretending to be cops, thank God--or a deep-sea diver or a quarterback or a spaceman or a rock 'n roll star or a cowboy, or anything else glamorous and exciting (Author's note: What about a novelist, Jellybean?), and although chances are by the time he's in high school he'll get channeled into safer, duller ambitions, the great truth is, he can be any of those things, realize any of those fantasies, if he has the strength, nerve and sincere desire...But little girls? Podner, you know that story as well as me. Give 'em doll babies, tea sets and toy stoves. And if they show a hankering for more bodacious playthings, call 'em tomboy, humor 'em for a few years and then slip 'em the bad news...And the reality is, we got about as much chance of growing up to be cowgirls as Eskimos have got being vegetarians."
Author: Tom Robbins
248. "My world, my Earth is a ruin. A planet spoiled by the human species. We multiplied and fought and gobbled until there was nothing left, and then we died. We controlled neither appetite nor violence; we did not adapt. We destroyed ourselves. But we destroyed the world first."
Author: Ursula K. Le Guin
249. "Love is not a word or an idea or even a place to go to or a thing to strive for. It is not something to grasp and smother and mold and change. It cannot be orchestrated, played, controlled or manipulated. You can not cup it tenderly in your open hand or wish it into being through fervent prayer."
Author: Vanessa G. Foster
250. "I took the thin magazine from the pouch in front of me and began to thumb through it. I felt self-conscious, as if I shouldn't be there. My mind began to wander, as I knew it would, back to the boonies. I was on patrol again. Monaco was on point. Peewee and Walowick followed him. Lobel and Brunner were next, then Johnson, the sixty cradled in his arm as if it were a child. We were walking the boonies, past rice paddies, toward yet another hill. I was in the rear, and for some reason I turned back. Behind me, trailing the platoon, were the others. Brew, Jenkins, Sergeant Dongan, Turner, and Lewis, the new guys, and Lieutenant Carroll.I knew I was mixing my prayers, but it didn't matter. I just wanted God to care for them, to keep them whole. I knew they were thinking about me and Peewee."
Author: Walter Dean Myers
Quotes About Roll Pictures