Famous Quotes About Roll
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Roll.
Top Quotes About Roll
251. "I launched into a graceful ninja-like front roll, then stood my ground to face the monstrous heathen, fearless in my determination to vanquish the deadly foe. Nah, just kidding. I bolted, discretion being the better part of not getting dead."
Author: AandE Kirk
252. "It's like I get into a roller coaster, and sit there while it goes up and down and upside down and sometimes I get thrown out and I hit my head, but I crawl back in again and the moment I'm back in, it just keeps on going and going again...all of this, so I can find things out and then I write about the things I find out so you can find them out from me. All the bruises, all the wounds, all the bumps on the head, all the scars, just so I can take that and I can write all these things, and sometimes I say "God, I don't want to be in this roller coaster anymore." But when I think about it, if I'm not right here, then where the hell would I be? On the sidewalk? I wasn't born to stand on the sidewalk, I was born to fly around crazy in the sky!"
Author: C. JoyBell C.
253. "And yet all loneliness, angers, hatreds, envies, and itchings that it contains, if rolled into one single experience and put into the scale against the least moment of the joy that is felt by the least in Heaven, would have no weight that could be registered at all. Bad cannot succeed even in being bad as truly as good is good."
Author: C.S. Lewis
254. "God is our final say in who and what's negative and who and what's positive in our lives. It is best not to have this so over-simplified as the illusioned superstitionists have it; an infinite being's tests may not always be so flowery, and the things we may see as positive are in many cases simply desires of our sinful nature. We are to protect our spirit without falling into the narcissistic mistake of trying to protect our selfish emotions, which the latter, in turn, is more than unlikely to bring peace and happiness. But rather guilt and emptiness. When one walks around constantly, in his mind, attempting to separate positive versus negative people, he is already controlled by something even worse than those he calls the 'negative people', and that is before he spots it soon enough to avoid it as he hypocritically tries to avoid them."
Author: Criss Jami
255. "Here it is undeveloped, a roll of film with all its mysteries locked up. I never took it anyplace, just left it waiting in a drawer dreaming of stars. That was our time, to see if Lottie Carson was who we thought she was, all those shots we took, cracking up, kissing with our mouths open, laughing, but we never finished it. We thought we had time, running after her, jumping on the bus and trying to glimpse her dimple through the tired nurses arguing in scrubs and the moms on the phone with the groceries in the laps of the kids in the strollers. We hid behind the mailboxes and lampposts half a block away as she kept moving through her neighborhood, where I've never been, the sky getting dark on only the first date, thinking all the while we'd develop it later."
Author: Daniel Handler
256. "I was pregnable once," Merill thought to contribute. She remembered how troublesome it made getting around, having a ripe belly. Couldn't roll properly, couldn't hop properly, couldn't romp or flop properly. There were the cravings for roasted cabbage—she loathed cabbage, with its leaves and growing in rows. And labor! Merill passed out during childbirth. She'd endured burns, lacerations, rips, serrated teeth, nails, hooks and a trove of unmentionable harm-inflictors. Labor trounced them all and wriggled gleefully in the spray of blood and gore. "Being pregnable is no good. No good at all. Like growing a bitter melon in your belly."
Author: Darrell Drake
257. "The idea of the peace movement and of people who spent their entire lives trying to have a more egalitarian, just society, suddenly became swamped by the record industry, by the new rock and roll culture, and by the idea of not trusting anyone over thirty."
Author: David Amram
258. "West Baltimore. You sit on your stoop, you drink Colt 45 from a brown paper bag and you watch the radio car roll slowly around the corner. You see the gunman, you hear the shots, you gather on the far corner to watch the paramedics load what remains of a police officer into the rear of an ambulance. Then you go back to your rowhouse, open another can, and settle in front of the television to watch the replay on the eleven o'clock news. Then you go back to the stoop."
Author: David Simon
259. "Okay. When he comes, you can see him?""Yes. I can hear him, too. And he, uh..."She brushed the bandage on the side of her skull. I looked at her in bewilderment. Was she serious?"He hits you?""Yes.""With his fist?""Yes."John looked up from his coffee indignantly. "Man, what a dick!"I did roll my eyes this time and glared at John once they stopped. I don't know if you've ever seen a ghost, but I'm guessing that if you did, the thing didn't run over and punch you in the face. I'm guessing that's never happened to any of your friends, either."
Author: David Wong
260. "I also think Valkyire's ex-boyfriend will come in handy here."Ravel frowned, "The dead vampire?"Valkyrie glared at him, "I think he means Fletcher.""Oh. Sorry.""Caelen was never my boyfriend.""I didn't mean to-""We never talk about Caelen," Ghastly muttered.""I'm really sorry, Valkyrie, Ravel said. "Fletcher's great. He's wonderful. I'm sure he'd be delighted to help, and having a teleporter here will certainly solve some problems. We'll arrange that, we'll get him over to you, start the ball rolling, as it were. Once again, sorry about bringing up the vampire."Ghastly shot him a look whispered, "Why do you keep talking about him?""I can't help it," Ravel whispered back. "Now he's all I can think about.""You realise," Valkyrie said, "that we can hear you both perfectly well."
Author: Derek Landy
261. "I am a terrible mixture of being organized, controlling, but chaotic. My desk is monstrous."
Author: Elizabeth Hurley
262. "And the flames are every colour of the rainbow.""They can't be," observed Daffy."Well, they are," she said cheekily. "Have you been there, that you know so much about it?""No," said Daffy, very calm, "but I'd wager I know more than you about the chemical processes of combustion."Mary rolled her eyes. Did he hope to dazzle her with syllables?"
Author: Emma Donoghue
263. "Babies control and bring up their families as much as they are controlled by them; in fact the family brings up baby by being brought up by him."
Author: Erik Erikson
264. "... occasionally I see rich-looking women on Rollerblades gripping leashes and being towed bodily by golden retrievers. That's my kind of jogging."
Author: Gary Reilly
265. "If those in charge of our society - politicians, corporate executives, and owners of press and television - can dominate our ideas, they will be secure in their power. They will not need soldiers patrolling the streets. We will control ourselves."
Author: Howard Zinn
266. "Life's uncontrollable, unpredictable, and a hell of a mess. Without fear, loss, and the wrong choice we made, we wouldn't be who we were. And while some of our decisions had broken us, the pain glued us together. Without the passion, we wouldn't have surrendered and conquered what we never thought could be ours."
Author: J.C. Reed
267. "Somebody had tipped the American continent like a pinball machine and all the goofballs had come rolling to LA in the southwest corner. I cried for all of us. There was no end to the American sadness and the American madness. Someday we'll all start laughing and roll on the ground when we realize how funny it's been."
Author: Jack Kerouac
268. "The basic idea here is that for most people will power is a limited resource: if we spend lots of energy controlling our impulses in one area, it becomes harder to control our impulses in others. Or, as the psychologist Roy Baumeister puts it, will power is like a muscle: overuse temporarily exhausts it."
Author: James Surowiecki
269. "The dancers finished thier set, and one immediately strolled over to our table and straddled Ranger.Want a private party?" she asked. Not tonight," Ranger said. He handed her a twenty, and she left.What about the cat-feeding theory?" I asked him.Out the window."
Author: Janet Evanovich
270. "A brick could be slid on a wood floor, like a rolling bowling ball, in an attempt to fill the seconds between swallows of beer."
Author: Jarod Kintz
271. "Often he had the impression that the person answering questions from the scratchy armchair was a dummy he was controlling, that this had been true throughout his life, and that his life had become so involved with operating the dummy that he, the ventriloquist, had ceased to have a personality, becoming just an arm stuffed up the puppet's back."
Author: Jeffrey Eugenides
272. "Americans are just about the worst at dealing with long-term problems, down there with Uzbekistan, but they respond to a market signal better than almost anyone. They roll the dice bigger and quicker than most."
Author: Jeremy Grantham
273. "It seeems like so long ago but I'm sorry I yelled at you after the party" "I doubt it'll be the last time" he chuckles."Phillip" "Well, at least I hope it won't be the last time because it would mean you weren't with meI roll my eyes at him. I don't get mad at him often. Just when he disagrees with me. "I'll always love my princess" He smiles."Even when she's mad at me."
Author: Jillian Dodd
274. "Daddy, you would say, look at my braids. Look at the worst bug bite ever. Look at my handstand, my eggroll dive, my finger painting. Look at my splinter, my spelling list, my somersault, the toad I found. Look at the present I made you, the grade I got, the acceptance letter. Look at the diploma, the ultrasound, your granddaughter. I couldn't possibly remember all the things you've asked me to look at. I just remember that you asked."
Author: Jodi Picoult
275. "I have an interesting perspective on depending on others. I think it gives people a chance to serve. And I'm not so much big on independence, as I am on interdependence. I'm not talking about co-dependency, I'm talking about giving people the opportunity to practicing love with its sleeves rolled up."
Author: Joni Eareckson Tada
276. "You might wish to revisit your understanding of the word everything." Gregory turned to his mother."Vocabulary and comprehension were never her strong suits."Violet rolled her eyes. "Every day I marvel that the two of you managed to reach adulthood.""Afraid we'd kill each other?" Gregory quipped."No, that I'd do the job myself."
Author: Julia Quinn
277. "Damn, you're good,' he said and rolled onto his back. The man wasn't much for flowery speech, Alesandra thought with a smile. It didn't matter. She was arrogantly proud of herself because she'd pleased him. Perhaps she should give him a little praise too. She rolled onto her side to face him, put her hand on his chest directly over his pounded heart, and whispered. 'You're good, too. 'Tis the truth, you're the best I've ever had.' He opened his eyes to look at her. 'I'm the only one you've ever had, remember?' His voice was gruff with affection. 'I remember,' she said. 'No other man is ever going to touch you, Alesandra. You're mine."
Author: Julie Garwood
278. "It's not funny, Kacey!" I hiss. "That guy forced himself on me!"She rolls her eyes but then, after a long pause, she sighs. "Yeah, you're right." Reaching over, she pinches the guy's arm without hesitation. "Hey, buddy!""You do that to her again and I'll sneak into your room and rip your balls off while you sleep, capisce?" she warns with a pointed finger. Most times my sister's threats involve the mutilation of testicles."
Author: K.A. Tucker
279. "Smoke gunpowder and go to school to jump through hoops, sit up and beg, and roll over on command. Listen to the whispers that curl into your head at night, calling you ugly and fat and stupid and bitch and whore and worst of all "a disappointment." Puke and starve and cut and drink because you don't want to feel any of this."
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
280. "Enrolling your child in a recreational sport sponsored by your neighborhood recreation community centers is a great way to keep kids active."
Author: Lee Haney
281. "And there are loners in rural communities who, at the equinox, are said to don new garments and stroll down to the cities, where great beasts await them, fat and docile."
Author: Louis Aragon
282. "The world that I come from is the world of raves, hip-hop clubs, and rock and roll."
283. "Would you kick her ass already?" Dick said, shoving me back toward Missy. "Come on, Stretch, man up. You do better than this! Get mad."I nodded, rolling a dislocated shoulder back into place with a grunt and staggering back toward my opponent. Behind me, Zeb yelled, "She tried to hurt Fitz!" He turned to Gabriel and Dick. "That'll get her mad."Gabriel rolled his eyes. "She's been framed for murder twice over, shot in the back, her arms were set on fire, and her parents are being held hostage. You think tampered dog water is what's going to make her angry?" "You tried to hurt my dog!" I wheezed as I lurched toward a grinning Missy."
Author: Molly Harper
284. "And you'll walk in rolling your eyes and you'll walk out whistling sadly through your teeth because the fuel of the Nerd Mafia is disappointment and exclusion.- On the Watchmen movie"
Author: Patton Oswalt
285. "I woke up one morning to find I was famous. I bought a white Rolls-Royce and drove down Sunset Boulevard, wearing dark specs and a white suit, waving like the Queen Mum."
Author: Peter O'Toole
286. "Michael is the kind of guy who has rhythm; he has rock'n'roll in his soul, whether he really plays it or not."
Author: Phil Lesh
287. "Metal is from the earth, he thought as he scrutinized. From below: from that realm which is the lowest, the most dense. Land of trolls and caves, dank, always dark. Yin world, in its most melancholy aspect. World of corpses, decay and collapse. Of feces. All that has died, slipping and disintegrating back down layer by layer. The daemonic world of the immutable; the time-that-was.And yet, in the sunlight, the silver triangle glittered. It reflected light. Fire, Mr. Tagomi thought. Not dank or dark object at all. Not heavy, weary, but pulsing with life. The high realm, aspect of yang: empyrean, ethereal. As befits work of art. Yes, that is artist's job: takes mineral rock from dark silent earth transforms it into shining light-reflecting form from sky.Has brought the dead to life. Corpse turned to fiery display; the past had yielded to the future."
Author: Philip K. Dick
288. "Better for real things to be uncontrollable, better for one's life to be undecipherable and intellectually impenetrable than to attempt to make casual sense of what is unknown with a fantasy that is mad. Better, I thought, that the events of these past three days should remain incomprehensible to me forever than to posit, as I had just been doing, a conspiracy of foreign intelligence agents who are determined to control my mind. We've all heard that one before."
Author: Philip Roth
289. "Whatever controls us is our lord. The person who seeks power is controlled by power. The person who seeks acceptance is controlled by acceptance. We do not control ourselves. We are controlled by the lord of our lives."
Author: Rebecca Manley Pippert
290. "È foie gras" disse Christian. Sul volto aveva un sorrisetto che non mi piaceva affatto.Lo squadrai con circospezione. "Cos'è?""Non lo sai?" Il tono della sua voce era impertinente, e per una volta nella vita, mi diede l'impressione di essere un vero reale, che dispensava le sue conoscenze elitarie a noi subalterni.Scrollò le spalle. "Provalo."Lissa sospirò, esasperata. "È fegato d'oca."Ritrassi la mano di scatto. La cameriera passò oltre, e Christian rise. Lo fulminai con lo sguardo."
Author: Richelle Mead
291. "The behavior of any bureaucratic organization can best be understood by assuming that it is controlled by a secret cabal of its enemies."
Author: Robert Conquest
292. "I wonder, only in passing, whether the indelible ornamentation that man inscribes upon his own epidermis does not respond to a nostalgia for the universal internally generated coloring of corrollas, furs, shells, carapaces and wings. For man it has been necessary to create both works and tools outside of himself. But it may be that he retains an obscure nostalgia to create them on his own body, to make them a part of it rather than projecting them outwards onto an independent surface, where he is free to retouch them as he sees fit, which is precisely what painting and art are."
Author: Roger Caillois
293. "I remember Mitch Miller saying every week, This rock and roll stuff will never last. But one doesn't like to bring that up to Mitch."
Author: Rosemary Clooney
294. "She managed to clear her throat. "I'm sure this is impossible for you to comprehend, Deuce, but somehow, some way, without formal therapy or controlled substances, every single resident in the town of Rockingham, Massachusetts, has managed to survive your long absence. Every. Single. One."
Author: Roxanne St. Claire
295. "What I don't get is how this helps me. You two get superpowers, and I get what?"Cian smiled broadly. "You have a power, Meggie. You have a magical pussy. It was sleeping with you together that brought us into our power. That vagina of yours is pure gold, lover." Meg gave Cian a playful shove and rolled her eyes while he and his brother had a good laugh."Don't go expecting to use it on anyone else," Beck said as though the thought had suddenly occurred to him. "That only works on the two of us."Meg walked up to him and gave him a saucy smile. "Yes, Beck, I was planning on opening up shop. I was going to hang a sign on the cottage door and charge for it."
Author: Sophie Oak
296. "There's a long history of anthropomorphic animals in Japanese literature. The so-called 'funny animal scrolls' were the first narratives in Japanese history, and the heroes of many folk tales have animals as their companions."
Author: Stan Sakai
297. "My first years were spent living just as my forefathers had lived - roaming the green, rolling hills of what are now the states of South Dakota and Nebraska."
Author: Standing Bear
298. "That's the danger of having too much success. You lose that magic, that feeling of not being in control, which I feel now, it's too controlled."
Author: Stephen Dorff
299. "Jazz came out of New Orleans, and that was the forerunner of everything. You mix jazz with European rhythms, and that's rock n' roll, really. You can make the argument that it all started on the streets of New Orleans with the jazz funerals."
Author: The Edge
300. "I'm not really this rock'n'roll chick."
Author: Tia Carrere
Quotes About Roll Pictures