Famous Quotes About Run
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Run.
Top Quotes About Run
1. "Boys are found everywhere- on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerated them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. A boy is a magical creature- you can lock out of your workshop, but you can't lock him out of your heart. You can get him out of your study, but you can't get him out of your mind. Might as well give up- he is your captor, your jailor, your boss and your master- a freckled-faced, pint-sized, cat-chasing bundle of noise. But when you come home at night with only the shattered pieces of your hopes and dreams, he can mend them like new with two magic words- 'Hi, Dad!"
Author: Alan Beck
2. "Die Uhr ist ein kleines, rundes Ding, das tick-tack sagt und das geht und geht und niemals zur Tür kommt"
Author: Astrid Lindgren
3. "After I got my coffee, I leaned against a stop sign and sipped, pretending it was a normal day and I was only up this early so that I could go running and not because I'd just been on a killing spree."
Author: Augusten Burroughs
4. "We're all Running People, as the Tarahumara have always known. But the American approach -- ugh. Rotten at its core. It was too artificial and grabby, Vigil believed, too much about getting stuff and getting it now: medals, Nike deals, a cute butt. It wasn't art; it was business, a hard-nosed quid pro quo. No wonder so many people hated running; if you thought it was only a means to an end--an investment in becoming faster, skinnier, richer--then why stick with it if you weren't getting enough quo for your quid?"
Author: Christopher McDougall
5. "I melt and swell at the moment of landing when one wheel thuds on the runway but the plane leans to one side and hangs in the decision to right itself or roll. For this moment, nothing matters. Look up into the stars and you're gone. Not your luggage. Nothing matters. Not your bad breath. The windows are dark outside and the turbine engines roar backward. The cabin hangs at the wrong angle under the roar of the turbines, and you will never have to file another expense account claim. Receipt required for items over twenty-five dollars. You will never have to get another haircut. A thud, and the second wheel hits the tarmac. The staccato of a hundred seat-belt buckles snapping open, and the single-use friend you almost died sitting next to says: I hope you make your connection. Yeah, me too. And this is how long your moment lasted. And life goes on."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
6. "And our wise Father in heaven knows when we're going to need things too. Don't run out ahead of Him."
Author: Corrie Ten Boom
7. "Every telecomm company is as big a corporate welfare bum as you could ask for. Try to imagine what it would cost at market rates to go around to every house in every town in every country and pay for the right to block traffic and dig up roads and erect poles and string wires and pierce every home with cabling. The regulatory fiat that allows these companies to get their networks up and running is worth hundreds of billions, if not trillions, of dollars.If phone companies want to operate in the "free market," then let them: the FCC could give them 60 days to get all their rotten copper out of our dirt, or we'll buy it from them at the going scrappage rates. Then, let's hold an auction for the right to be the next big telecomm company, on one condition: in exchange for using the public's rights-of-way, you have to agree to connect us to the people we want to talk to, and vice-versa, as quickly and efficiently as you can."
Author: Cory Doctorow
8. "I don't hide my feelings, but when it comes to illness, I guess I don't panic. My father was the same way. I'm the provider for the family and the caretaker. If I panic, who is anybody going to run to?"
Author: Curt Schilling
9. "People usually live up to their expectations. The kid picked first for dodgeball feels a duty to be the best, and to perform the best, and to be better than anyone else. They feel a need to execute. And, the only way they are going to achieve that is to make their body run faster, jump higher, and move quicker.If more fat kids were chosen first for activities and sports and group/team dynamics, they would automatically start to change their lives to fit into the expectations that surround those moments. Any time a child is picked last, they know it's because people expect the least of them, and so they never actually have a need to rise above that."
Author: Dan Pearce
10. "Kissing a rose is a dumb thing to donot just from the rose's point of view.But it's a startlike driving off a cliff's probably a finish.In beween you'll probably want to go to Mexico,get so drunk you think what you're doing is a dance."
Author: Dean Young
11. "O England,' said Kiaya Khátún. Her voice, mellow and strong, held an accent or a mingling of accents Philippa was unable to name. ‘O England, the Hell of Horses, the Purgatory of Servants and the Paradise of Women.' She turned her splendid eyes on the soothsayer. ‘She will be like Avicenna, and run through all the arts by eighteen."
Author: Dorothy Dunnett
12. "The country has moved off track. The people in Washington don't have the hard-nosed business experience needed to get the economy up and running."
Author: Doug Ose
13. "The bowler approached the wicket at a lope, a trot, and then a run. He suddenly exploded in a flurry of arms and legs, out of which flew a ball."
Author: Douglas Adams
14. "I heard a Fly buzz - when I died -The Stillness in the RoomWas like the Stillness in the Air -Between the Heaves of Storm -The Eyes around - had wrung them dry -And Breaths were gathering firmFor that last Onset - when the KingBe witnessed - in the Room -I willed my Keepsakes - Signed awayWhat portion of me beAssignable - and then it wasThere interposed a Fly -With Blue - uncertain - stumbling Buzz -Between the light - and me -And then the Windows failed - and thenI could not see to see -"
Author: Emily Dickinson
15. "Running is bad for your knees, and I like to do things I actually enjoy, like going for a swim."
Author: Emma Stone
16. "Not me," said Orion cheerily. "I'm just a teenager with hormones running wild. And may I say ,young fairy lady, they're running wild in your direction."Holly lifted her visor and looked the hormonal teenager in the eye. "This had better not be a game, Artemis. If you do not have some serious psychosis, you will be sorry.""Oh, I'm crazy, alright. I do have plenty of psychoses," said Orion Cheerily. "Multiple personality, delusional dementia, OCD. I've got them all, but most of all, I'm crazy about you."
Author: Eoin Colfer
17. "I think Isambard Kingdom Brunel would be a good chap to have supper with. Anyone who builds a railway and then builds a steamship when he gets to Bristol and can't go any further must be a good chap."
Author: Fergus Henderson
18. "Adeseori, un om rabda in tacere ani de-a randul, indura resemnat cele mai crunte pedepse, dar deodata il vezi rabufnind dintr-o nimica toata, pentru te miri ce lucru neinsemnat, incat ramai uluit si te intrebi de mai e in toate mintile; caci ceea ce face el atunci pare de-a dreptul o nebunie."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
19. "...but I am running to and you are running from, and there's a world of difference there."
Author: George R.R. Martin
20. "Many people have played themselves to death. Many people have eaten and drunk themselves to death. Nobody ever thought himself to death."
Author: Gilbert Highet
21. "As he entered the comm room, Troy wasn't sure if he should laugh or cry at the realization. Then he remembered how the world was run before, and that nothing had really changed. He chuckled sadly"
Author: Hugh Howey
22. "Having cakes as a business certainly changes things for me - I don't now sit at home doing a cake for the fun of it anymore. But it's an extremely happy and pleasureable business to run because people are generally buying cakes for celebrations."
Author: Jane Asher
23. "...I would have jumped out and run after you.'Is there a Henry in the world who could be insensible to such a declaration? Henry Tilney at least was not. With a yet sweeter smile, he said every thing that need be said..."
Author: Jane Austen
24. "Guys can smell desperation. It triggers an instinct in them to run far and fast so they aren't around when a woman starts peeling apart her heart. They know she'll ask for help in putting it back together the right way - intact and beating correctly - and they dread the thought of puzzling over layers that they can't understand, let alone rebuild. They'd rather just not get blood on their hands.But sharks are different. They smell the blood of desperation and circle in. They whisper into a girl's ear, "I'll make it better. I'll make you forget all about your pain."Sharks do this by eating your heart, but they never mention this beforehand. That is the thing about sharks."
Author: Janette Rallison
25. "This is an Aston Martin, Gin.You don't run over dead bodies in an Aston Matin.""Tell that to James Bond"
Author: Jennifer Estep
26. "Respect the verbs in your life.Life is a verb. Live is a verb.Live Life. Action verbsbring life to writing.Love is a verb. Be is a verb.Be in LoveBelieve, love, give,receive,tag,Believing in love,giving love, receiving love,love tag(you are it)dance, prance, pounce, smile, try,trying to smile,dancing and prancing,pounce!laugh, do, go, grow, feel, touch,touching, feeling, growing, doing,going, laughing, sing, walk, run, cook, look,see, eat, meet, greet, smell,hear,look and see the cooking,singing and then walking into the kitchen to eat,eating the yummy food.running to see,seeing the food, meeting and greeting others;smelling the cooking,hearing the laughter;seeing the runners;touching the icing. licking the icing. tasting the licking of the spoondiscover, realize, live, respect.discover life, realizing truth,living, respecting everyoneunder the sun,even all the universelove and respect all"
Author: Jerriann Wayahowl Law
27. "You need songs that make you feel. Some make you string, some make you weak. Some build determination, some tear you apart. But you need all of those...Run through the pain."
Author: Jessica Park
28. "I'm not a runner. I don't run."
Author: Joe Cornish
29. "The Orioles' Dick Hall comes off the mound like a drunk kangaroo on roller skates."
Author: Joe Garagiola
30. "Our two souls therefore, which are one, Though I must go, endure not yet A breach, but an expansion, Like gold to airy thinness beat.If they be two, they are two so As stiff twin compasses are two; Thy soul, the fixed foot, makes no show To move, but doth if th' other do.And though it in the center sit, Yet when the other far doth roam, It leans and hearkens after it, And grows erect, as that comes home.Suth wilt thou be to me, who must Like th' other foot, obliquely run; Thy firmness makes my circle just, And makes me end where I began."
Author: John Donne
31. "If drunk were cookies, I'd be Famous Amos"
Author: John Green
32. "I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day."
Author: Judith Viorst
33. "We love what we love and whowe love who we love and whywe love why we love and finda falling shoelace knotted and strungbetween the fingers of strangers"
Author: Kami Garcia
34. "Faeries are unaffected by alcohol, but much to her surprise—and the faeries' undoing—they get very, very drunk on carbonation. Using copious amounts of Coke, she was able to discover a single faerie's true name."
Author: Kiersten White
35. "A therapist is a very smart person who wears glasses and can help you with your problems by asking a lot of questions instead of giving you shots, which is really amazing. But a psycho, as everyone knows, is a crazy person in the movies that you never want to run into in real life. So a psychotherapist is a very smart crazy person that you should stay away from for your own good."
Author: Lenore Look
36. "I run down to meet Floriana who is breathless from her hike. She stops in the road, the last light at her back. Prickles of rain cling to her unkerchiefed, loosened hair, capturing in her the flickering russet frame of it. Topaz almonds are her eyes, lit tonight from some new, old place, from some exquisitely secret oubliette, which she must often forget she possesses. We talk for a minute and Barlozzo passes us by like a boy too shy to speak to two girls at once."
Author: Marlena De Blasi
37. "If our enemies take meAnd people stop talking to me,If they confiscate the whole world—The right to breathe, open doors, Affirm that existence shall go onAnd that people, like a judge, shall judge,And if they dare to keep me like an animalAnd fling my food on the floor, I won't fall silent or deaden the agony,But shall write what I am free to write,My naked body gathering momentum like a bell,And in a corner of the ominous darkI shall yoke ten oxen to my voiceAnd move my hand in the darkness like a ploughAnd, wrung out into a legion of brotherly eyes,Shall fall with the full heaviness of a harvest,Exploding in the distance with all the force of a vow,And in the depths of the unguarded nightThe eyes of that unskilled laborer, earth, shall shineAnd a flock of flaming years swoop down,And like a ripe thunderstorm Lenin shall burst forth.But on this earth (which shall escape decay)There to wake up life and reason will be"
Author: Osip Mandelstam
38. "Being a copper I like to see the law win. I'd like to see the flashy well-dressed mugs like Eddie Mars spoiling their manicures in the rock quarry at Folsom, alongside of the poor little slum-bred guys that got knocked over on their first caper amd never had a break since. That's what I'd like. You and me both lived too long to think I'm likely to see it happen. Not in this town, not in any town half this size, in any part of this wide, green and beautiful U.S.A. We just don't run our country that way."
Author: Raymond Chandler
39. "Things you did. Things you never did. Things you dreamed. After a long time they run together."
Author: Richard Ford
40. "If I cry, it's because I'm very angry and I can't do anything about it because I've run into a dead end. That's when the tears would come down."
41. "When you're running a company, creating jobs is the last thing you want to. When you're running a company you want to employ as few people as possible, and yet you inadvertently create jobs."
Author: Robert Metcalfe
42. "In the long run, Women's Liberation will of course free men-but in the short run it's going to COST men a lot of privilege, which no one gives up willingly or easily."
Author: Robin Morgan
43. "I am proud of my black roots and of the black blood that runs in my veins."
Author: Ryan Giggs
44. "The parties are no fun until everyone gets drunk"
Author: Scott Westerfeld
45. "As I walked, I began to hear the sound of running water. It's impossible to hear that sound and not go searching for the source."
Author: Sue Monk Kidd
46. "The hatred I feel for him, for the phantom girl, for everything, is so real and immediate that it chokes me. Gale is mine. I am his. Anything else is unthinkable. Why did it take him being whipped within an inch of his life to see it? Because I'm selfish. I'm a coward. I'm the kind of girl who, when she might actually be of use, would run to stay alive and leave those who couldn't follow to suffer and die. This is the girl Gale met in the woods today. No wonder I won the Games. No decent person ever does. You saved Peeta, I think weakly. But now I question even that. I knew good and well that my life back in District 12 would be unlivable if I let that boy die. I rest my head forward on the edge of the table, overcome with loathing for myself."
Author: Suzanne Collins
47. "And I do. I do wonder, I think about it all the time. What it would be like to kill myself. Because I never really know, I still can't tell the difference, I'm never quite certain whether or not I'm actually alive. I sit here every single day. Run, I said to myself. Run until your lungs collapse, until the wind whips and snaps at your tattered clothes, until you're a blur that blends into the background. Run, Juliette, run faster, run until your bones break and your shins split and your muscles atrophy and your heart dies because it was always too big for your chest and it beat too fast for too long and you run.Run run run until you can't hear their feet behind you. Run until they drop their fists and their shouts dissolve in the air. Run with your eyes open and your mouth shut and dam the river rushing up behind your eyes. Run, Juliette.Run until you drop dead. Make sure your heart stops before they ever reach you. Before they ever touch you.Run, I said."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
48. "Every good quality runs into a defect; economy borders on avarice, the generous are not far from the prodigal, the brave man is close to the bully; he who is very pious is slightly sanctimonious; there are just as many vices to virtue as there are holes in the mantle of Diogenes."
Author: Victor Hugo
49. "A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; abase, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited,hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; alily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson,glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue;one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be abawd, in way of good service, and art nothing butthe composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar,and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch: one whom Iwill beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniestthe least syllable of thy addition."
Author: William Shakespeare
50. "Each person walks a journey unique to himself or herself. Live your own journey and run your own race."
Author: Winsome Campbell Green
Quotes About Run Pictures