Famous Quotes About Sacrificing Yourself For Others
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Sacrificing Yourself For Others.
Top Quotes About Sacrificing Yourself For Others
1. "We all have time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Others take us forward, they're called dreams. —Unknown"
Author: Aleatha Romig
2. "How can we assert and test hypotheses if there are no such things as assertions that can be evaluated as true or false? How can we design experiments if there is not such thing as design? How can we explain anything if we do not assert anything and if others cannot understand it?"
Author: Angus Menuge
3. "Sometimes we bring to a struggle or cause the gifts we see most clearly, a courage, a strength, or a charm others have told us we have. But often we find more is asked of us than that, more than we intended or thought we possessed. We are asked to offer that which we thought dearest, to forgive what seemed unpardonable, to face what we feared the most and endure it. Sometimes we have to travel to the last step a path that was not of our own choosing. But I promise you this ... it will lead to a greater joy in the end. The difficulty is that the end is beyond our sight, it is a matter of faith, not of knowledge."
Author: Anne Perry
4. "To the eyes of the American soldiers who drove past, I looked no different from the women around me; and as I thought of it, who could say I was any different? If you no longer have leaves, or bark, or roots, can you go on calling yourself a tree? "I am a peasant," I said to myself, "and not a geisha at all any longer." It was a frightening feeling to look at my hands and see their roughness. To draw my mind away from my fears, I turned my attention again to the truckloads of soldiers driving past. Weren't these the very American soldiers we'd been taught to hate, who had bombed our cities with such horrifying weapons? Now they rode through our neighborhood, throwing pieces of candy to the children."
Author: Arthur Golden
5. "If you wish information and improvement from the knowledge of others, and yet at the same time express yourself as firmly fix'd in your present opinions, modest, sensible men, who do not love disputation, will probably leave you undisturbed in the possession of your error."
Author: Benjamin Franklin
6. "We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don't let yourself be lulled into inaction."
Author: Bill Gates
7. "Recognize yourself in he and she who are not like you and me."
Author: Carlos Fuentes
8. "Don't be afraid to express yourself through fashion!"
Author: Chanel Iman
9. "Psych yourself up until you're confident that the world will be interested in what happens to your characters. Confidence is key."
Author: Deborah Moggach
10. "Trust, like Christ-like love, is to be extended not because others deserve it but because they need it, because they can become trustworthy (or loving) by being nurtured in a community of trust and love. We need to extend trust, even if doing so makes us vulnerable to pain and great cost, in order to save our own souls."
Author: Eugene England
11. "A technician who uses the term "glitch" is like aDoctor who tells you you're suffering from a "thingy," except the doctor won't tell you to go home and try turning yourself on and off again."
Author: John Connolly
12. "I have learned to be molded by God into the person He wants. I want to help and encourage others to be the best they can be."
Author: Kim Alexis
13. "No one can repair your self-esteem for you. Your spouse cannot fix it. Your parents cannot fix it. Your boss cannot fix it. No amount of success or beauty enhancements can fix it. You have to fix it by changing the way you see yourself. You have to choose to see yourself accurately, to see life as a classroom, and commit to the policy that you have the same value no matter how you perform. It is time to claim the power to do this and not let anyone take your self-esteem from you again."
Author: Kimberly Giles
14. "But when you walk through yonder gate," Churchill said, pointing toward the Middle Tower at the end of the causeway, which was visible only as a crenellated cutout in the orange sky, "you'll find yourself in a London you no longer know. The changes wrought by the Fire were nothing. In that London, loyalty and allegiance are subtle and fluxional. 'Tis a chessboard with not only black and white pieces, but others as well, in diverse shades. You're a Bishop, and I'm a Knight, I can tell that much by our shapes, and the changes we have wrought on the board; but by fire-light 'Tis difficult to make out your true shade."
Author: Neal Stephenson
15. "Google and others truncate headlines at 70 characters. On the Manti Teo story, Deadspin's scoop fell down the Google search results, overtaken by copycat stories with simpler headlines. Deadspin's headline was 118 characters. Vital information - 'hoax' - was one of the words that was cut off."
Author: Nick Denton
16. "A tolerance that no longer distinguishes between good and evil would become chaotic and self-destructive, just as a freedom that did not respect the freedom of others or find the common measure of our respective liberties would become anarchy and destroy authority."
Author: Pope Benedict XVI
17. "You said yourself the guy looks like he pleasures himself to pictures of Rahm Emanuel."
Author: Richard Castle
18. "Guard yourself from lying; there is he who deceives and there is he who is deceived."
Author: Sextus Empiricus
19. "People like us, we think differently, don't we? We are different. We do all the things that others do. But when it comes down to it, we don't need anyone else. We're happy doing what we do and having obligation interferes with that. And sometimes I think we don't even need ourselves. What's most important is to find out whether we're right or not."
Author: Simon Morden
20. "... no one ever develops and achieves self-awareness in a vacuum, beyond all ears and systems. The period you grow up in and mature in always influences your thinking. This in itself requires no self-criticim. What is more important is how you have allowed yourself to be influenced, whether by good or by evil."
Author: Václav Havel
21. "You can pass a football,you can gas,but you yourself cannot just pass~cam after lilly's mother informs her that lilly has passed"
Author: Wendy Wunder
Quotes About Sacrificing Yourself For Others Pictures