Famous Quotes About Sake Wine
Browse 5 famous quotes and sayings about Sake Wine.
Top Quotes About Sake Wine
1. "Wine and women make wise men dote and forsake God's law and do wrong." However, the fault is not in the wine, and often not in the woman. The fault is in the one who misuses the wine or the woman or other of God's crations. Even if you get drunk on the wine and through this greed you lapse into lechery, the wine is not to blame but you are, in being unable or unwilling to discipline yourself. And even if you look at a woman and become caught up in her beauty and assent to sin [= adultery; extramarital sex], the woman is not to blame nor is the beauty given her by God to be disparaged: rather, you are to blame for not keeping your heart more clear of wicked thoughts. ... If you feel yourself tempted by the sight of a woman, control your gaze better ... You are free to leave her. Nothing constrains you to commit lechery but your own lecherous heart."
2. "Remember, the Arctic didn't have any ice. And the Northwest Passage was wide open. They were raising grapes in Scotland for God sakes, had a huge winery. Iceland was a farming community. As some of the glaciers retreated they found villages that were covered with ice."
Author: Don Young
3. "FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, MY HEART!For heaven's sake, my heart, keep secret your love, and hide the secret from those you see and you will have better fortune.He who reveals secrets is considered a fool; silence and secrecy are much better for him who falls in love.For heaven's sake, my heart, if someone asks, "What has happened?", do not answer.If you are asked, "Who is she?";Say she is in love with anotherAnd pretend that it is of no consequence.For heaven's sake, my love, conceal your passion; your sickness is also your medicine because love to the soul is as wine in a glass - what you see is liquid, what is hidden is its spirit.For heaven's sake, my heart, conceal your troubles; then, should the seas roar and the skies fall, you will be safe."
Author: Kahlil Gibran
4. "The moon from any window is one partwhoever's looking. The part I can't seeis everything my sister keeps to herself. One part my dead brother's sleepless brow, the other part the time I waste, the timeI won't have. But which is the lionkilled for the sake of the honey inside him, and which the wine, strandedin a valley, unredeemed? And don't forget the curtains. Don't forget the windin the trees, or my mother's voice saying thingsthat will take my whole life to come true. One part earnest child grown tallin his mother's doorway, and one a last lookover the shoulder before leaving. And never forget it answers to no address, but calls wave after waveto a path or thirst. Never forgetthe candle climbing downwithout glancing back. And what about the heartcounting alone, out loud, in that gamein which the many hide from the one? Never forget the crycompletely hollowed of the dying onewho cried it. Only in such pure outpouringis there room for all this night."
Author: Li Young Lee
5. "He knew how hot those rumbly-grumbly, gravel-voiced noises made her: hotter than two rats wrestling in a wool sock…only not as scratchy. Or as smelly. Probably less squeaky, too. But she had to be strong. For the sake of her children. For the sake of her winery. For the sake of her poor, battered heart. For the sake of this story, which would be over far too quickly if she gave in to him now."
Author: Nine Naughty Novelists
Quotes About Sake Wine Pictures