Famous Quotes About Sarcasm And Wit
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Sarcasm And Wit.
Top Quotes About Sarcasm And Wit
1. "Finally," I say, brushing past him as I make my way inside. The heavenly scent of something delicious lights up my senses. "Come in," he says with a note of sarcasm.Marshall strides over and takes me in with my hair all frizzed out, my sweater torn in two places and I look like I've just indulged in a mud bath. A dirty smile slides up the side of his face and I can practically see the pornographic implications playing out in his mind. "You're absolutely filthy—and I most definitely approve." His smile blooms into an all-out sexual leer as he comes in close. "I might be moved to bathe you." He caresses his hand over the side of my cheek. I'm so damn tired I close my eyes and lean into his good vibrations. "Oh, how I'll scrub," he whispers."
Author: Addison Moore
2. "In my opinion, I think sarcasm and humor in a song, without turning it into a novelty song, is really charming."
Author: Alanis Morissette
3. "Bryn," he said. "Do you know how much I love you?"I smiled and answered with a hint of sarcasm in my tone, "Well, I'm not quite sure.""No, I'm serious," Tyler said, turning over onto his side so that he was facing me. His eyes were serious, something that I only saw when he really had something to say."Yeah, I do. It's the kind that hurts so good, right? Almost like you can't breathe without the other person and the only thing that keeps you sane throughout the day is knowing that you'll see that person soon enough. Nothing can come between you and that person. You would do anything for them. Be anyone they need you to be. Without thinking twice, you know you will be there, no matter what. That's what loving you is to me."
Author: Alexandria Rhodes
4. "Turner didn't have to put up with this. He had enough trouble with George's sarcasm. He held his hand. "Keys please."Her face fell. "Sorry. I sometimes speak without thinking. Well, not sometimes. Often. Never an unspoken thought, my dad used to say. And my mum. And my employers."
Author: Barbara Elsborg
5. "Ah, the ancient language of sarcasm. How it suits you.""Why thank you, petal. It is one of my many talents, and I happen to be fluent in the language." I dazzled him with my smile."You need to give me a manly nickname.""You haven't given me any reason to give you one yet.""That's harsh."
Author: Elizabeth Morgan
6. "You'll pardon me," said Beatrice, "if I fail to appreciate sarcasm and all the other brilliant nuances of your no doubt famous wit, Mr. Constant[...]"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
7. "Kindness is unconquerable, so long as it is without flattery or hypocrisy. For what can the most insolent man do to you, if you contrive to be kind to him, and if you have the chance gently advise and calmly show him what is right...and point this out tactfully and from a universal perspective. But you must not do this with sarcasm or reproach, but lovingly and without anger in your soul."
Author: Marcus Aurelius
8. "I have a black belt in sarcasm, and my wit is like lightning."
Author: N.R. Walker
9. "Without a word, Xander downed what was left of his drink and then placed the empty glass on the bar before turning to face her fully. Damn. Damn. Damn. She'd well and truly fucked up that time. She knew earlier that she'd pushed her boundaries with her sarcasm, but now she could see the retaliation in Xander's glimmering gaze. And the chill that raced down her spine didn't have anything to do with the temperature in the room."
Author: Nicole Edwards
10. "A vampire?" MacAullif said.There is no way I can do justice to the skepticism, sarcasm, and mistrust with which MacAullif managed to imbue the word."That's right.""You want me to find a vampire?""I'd be relieved if you could. I'm afraid he might be dead."
Author: Parnell Hall
11. "I'll see you there little Red." Fane's voice faded out of her mind and she could feel his humour. Oh, wasn't he just too cute, picking up on her two best friends' idea of a sick joke - to turn her into the little girl who almost wound up as the wolf's dinner."My, what big eyes you have, wolf-man," Jacque said out loud, unable to stop her sarcasm from boiling up."The better to see you with love," Jen chimed in."What big ears you have!" Sally continued their comic relief."The better to hear you with my love," Jen followed."What big teeth you have!" Sally mocked, her hands on either side of her face."The better to eat you with my love," Jen cackled, but she wasn't finished. True to Jen form she added her own twisted sense of humour. "My, what a big-"Sally slapped a hand over her mouth, quickly realising where Jen was going with that statement."
Author: Quinn Loftis
12. "Archer?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. Hey, you might be able to take away my magical powers, but the power of sarcasm was still at my disposal. "Is your last name Newport or Vanderbilt? Maybe followed by some numbers? Ooh!" I said, widening my eyes, "or maybe even Esquire!"I'd hoped to hurt his feelings or, at the very least, make him angry, but he just kept smiling at me. "Actually, it's Archer Cross, and I'm the first one. Now what about you?" He squinted. "Let's see . . . brown hair, freckles, whole girl-next-door vibe going on . . . Allie? Lacie? Definitely something cutesy ending in ie."You know those times when your mouth moves but no sound actually comes out? Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. And then, of course, my mom took that opportunity to end her conversation with Justin's parents and call out, "Sophie! Wait up.""I knew it." Archer laughed. "See you, Sophie," he called over his shoulder as he disappeared into the house."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
13. "Can we wake him out of it?" – Sundown"Well, you know, cowboy, that's a really good idea. Damn shame I didn't think of it, huh?" – Ren "Cut the sarcasm. And you're sure it's not a vision quest?" – Sundown"For the sake of our long-term friendship, I'm not even going to dignify that with the response it deserves." – Ren"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
14. "I could do without your sarcasm. (Kat)And I could do without your bleeding heart. (Xypher)Just remember, my bleeding heart is what gained you a shot at freedom. (Kat)Queenie, it was a bleeding heart that put me in that position to begin with. The person I was trying to protect when I was taken didn't return the favor. The bitch was only using me. So take my advice: whatever compassion you have, kill it off. You'll thank me for it later. (Xypher)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
15. "There wasn't anything that I didn't love about her. Her sarcasm and wit were so much fun. She was strong and driven and so good with her creative thinking. She was so caring, and a good friend—she was everything I'd been looking for, when I wasn't even looking. But as strong as she tried to be, there was a vulnerability about her that made me feel so protective of her. I couldn't help that I went all alpha male anytime a man approached her. She had no idea how attractive she is."
Author: Taryn Plendl
Quotes About Sarcasm And Wit Pictures