Famous Quotes About Save
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Save.
Top Quotes About Save
1. "Save your kisses for the world, little one. - Magnus to Lestat before going into the fire."
Author: Anne Rice
2. "She tilted her head to one side, considering him. "Do you love me?""Love is a trick and a sham. A foolish plague and a lie and a torment.""Do you love me?" she repeated, quite calmly. Knowing the answer."Yes, may it curse my soul.""May it save your soul," she said."
Author: Anne Stuart
3. "I was overcome by the Holy Ghost one time, but in a Baptist way. I was six or seven, and I was saved. I just cried and cried. It was joy!"
Author: Beth Ditto
4. "Save it fucker. I'm gonna slit you open and gut you like a fish and pull out your insides. I'm going to show you the black stuff inside your belly, and then I'm gonna make you eat it."
Author: Brian Keene
5. "Worn out with this torture of thought, I rose to my knees. Night was come, and her planets were risen: a safe, still night; too serene for the companionship of fear. We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us: and it is in the unclouded night-sky, where His worlds wheel their silent course, that we read clearest His infinitude, His omnipotence, His omnipresence. I had risen to my knees to pray for Mr. Rochester. Looking up, I, with tear-dimmed eyes, saw the mighty Milky Way. Remembering what it was--what countless systems there swept space like a soft trace of light--I felt the might and strength of God. Sure was I of His efficiency to save what He had made: convinced I grew that neither earth should perish, nor one of the souls it treasured. I turned my prayer to thanksgiving: the Source of Life was also the Saviour of spirits. Mr. Rochester was safe: he was God's, and by God would he be guarded."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
6. "You had to risk your life to get love. You had to get right to the edge of death to ever be saved."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
7. "I will not let you lose your family. I won't let it happen to you." Eve's hands circled his big, tense neck.He shook his head and let out a defeated breath. "I'm so sorry, Eve. I can't even…Well, now I guess I can imagine what I did to you—just a little."Her words had hurt him, knocked him down. That's not what she'd intended. She would have to lay it out."Beckett, I'll save you from that fate because I love you. I love you." She let her hands slip to his chest.His heart. His beautiful heart, surrounded by thorns, guns, and pain."
Author: Debra Anastasia
8. "Always ask any questions that are to be asked and never answer any. Turn everything you hear to your own advantage. Always carry a repair outfit. Take left turns as much as possible. Never apply your front brake first.‘If you follow them', said the Sergeant, ‘you will save your soul and never get a fall on a slippery road."
Author: Flann O'Brien
9. "Oh, save me God, but not quite yet."
Author: Francine Du Plessix Gray
10. "As an artist, a man has no home in Europe save in Paris."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
11. "Speak less and save your voice for the time when it's needed, so you can be heard."
12. "Help save our environment."
Author: Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
13. "And it's Gryffindor in possession again, as Johnson takes the Quaffle — Flint alongside her — poke him in the eye, Angelina! — it was a joke, Professor, it was a joke — oh no — Flint in possession, Flint flying toward the Gryffindor goal posts, come on now, Wood, save — !"
Author: J.K. Rowling
14. "In my case, I think my exile saved my life, for it inexorably confirmed something which Americans appear to have great difficulty accepting. Which is, simply, this: a man is not a man until he is able and willing to accept his own vision of the world, no matter how radically this vision departs from others."
Author: James Baldwin
15. "I promised him!" he screamed, realizing even as he did so that his voice was laced with something wrong. Almost insanity. "I promised I'd save him, take him home! I promised him!"
Author: James Dashner
16. "My palms flat against the wall of the tile, I clenched my eyes shut. "Please come back" I said quietly. She couldn't hear me, but it didn't stop me from wishing she would come and save me from the terrible pain I felt without her there."
Author: Jamie McGuire
17. "The Nook is an under-appreciated genius of a lovemark. The team at Barnes & Noble got a lot right with the Nook, and from a lovemark perspective, I think they created a more intimate product than any other dedicated e-reader. The rubber back behind the Nook is soft and pliable—not hard metal like the later Kindles—making it sensual and intimate. Barnes & Noble also recreated the engraved faces of famous authors from their stores and used them as Nook screensavers. It's brilliant, not just because it makes reading more intimate, but also because it solidifies the Barnes & Noble brand itself."
Author: Jason Merkoski
18. "I don't want to save a creek for the creek's sake, but what's in it for human beings."
Author: Jim Fowler
19. "Things duplicate themselves in Tlön; they also tend to grow vague or ‘sketchy,' and to lose detail when they begin to be forgotten. The classic example is the doorway that continued to exist so long as a certain beggar frequented it, but which was lost to sight when he died. Sometimes a few birds, a horse, have saved the ruins of an amphitheater.' - Jorge Luis Borges, 'Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius."
Author: Jorge Luis Borges
20. "I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."
Author: Joseph Smith Jr.
21. "Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit."
Author: Kahlil Gibran
22. "You might start by thanking me."For what? For finding something else that was so important to do that it took you all the way from midnight on Samhain =til four days later to come for me? I‘m not going to thank you for saving me from something you failed to save me from to begin with."You look fine to me. In fact, you‘re better than fine, aren‘t you? You walked right through my wards, without a word. Didn‘t even leave a note by the bedside. Really,after all we shared, Ms. Lane. But do I get any thanks for doing the impossible and bringing you back from being Pri-ya? No. What do I get? You steal my guns."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
23. "I believe good plans are the best way to maximize fun, avoid disaster, and possibly, save the world. I spend a lot of my time making them."
Author: Katherine Hannigan
24. "Though the urge to hurry was beginning to beat through my brain, I knew that was the one thing I couldn't do. Not of I wanted to save lives."
Author: Keri Arthur
25. "Memories of ice and Trent surfaced, and I wrapped my arms around my middle. I had saved him, and he had saved me. What was wrong with us?"
Author: Kim Harrison
26. "To be sure, governments will remain critical to any comprehensive effort to save our planet."
Author: Lawrence Bender
27. "I know you adore Father, but he isn't the white knight you imagine him to be. He never was. True, he's charming and loving in his way. But he's selfish. He's a limited man determined to bring about his own end-""But-"Tom grabs both my hands in his and gives them a small squeeze. "Gemma, you can't save him. Why can't you accept that?"I see my reflection on the surface of the Thames. My face is a watery outline, all blurred edges with nothing settled. "Because if I let go of that" - I swallow hard, once, twice - "then I have to accept that I am alone."The ship's horn howls again as it slips out toward sea. Tom's reflection appears beside mine, just as uncertain."We're every one of us alone in this world, Gemma." He doesn't say it bitterly. "But you have company, if you want."
Author: Libba Bray
28. "There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress."
Author: Mark Twain
29. "Man of an hard heart! Hear me, Proud, Stern, and Cruel! You could have saved me; you could have restored me to happiness and virtue, but would not! You are the destroyer of my Soul; You are my Murderer, and on you fall the curse of my death and my unborn Infant's! Insolent in your yet-unshaken virtue, you disdained the prayers of a Penitent; But God will show mercy, though you show none. And where is the merit of your boasted virtue? What temptations have you vanquished? Coward! you have fled from it, not opposed seduction. But the day of Trial will arrive! Oh! then when you yield to impetuous passions! when you feel that Man is weak, and born to err; When shuddering you look back upon your crimes, and solicit with terror the mercy of your God, Oh! in that fearful moment think upon me! Think upon your Cruelty! Think upon Agnes, and despair of pardon!"
Author: Matthew Gregory Lewis
30. "He was the devil in a Sunday hat; he dressed and acted like a civil man, but inside he was just hatred and filth. Then, I guess after what I was planning to do to save a life, I wasn't too dissimilar to him."
Author: Mercy Cortez
31. "Who can say how many lives have been saved by books?"
Author: Michelle Cliff
32. "Rautu sighed and in his exhalation blew on his dear chocolate. The few specs it had incurred were easily blown away and the giant inspected his confection with a contented glint in his eye. All was amended and the chocolate, which had nearly succumbed to ruination, was saved. He took in the aroma of his favourite treat and tasted it. All seemed right in the world and the almost catastrophic incident was averted."I thought your scripture says that your people are not permitted to eat from the ground because of illness caused by doing so," the commander said with a suppressed laugh for her mate's immediate happiness."It does," the Den Asaan quietly replied. "However, most of our provisions are not dry in nature and our meals are eaten on the sand.""And so eating from the stone upon which many feet walk is acceptable?"Rautu glared at his mate. "It is for chocolate," he growled."
Author: Michelle Franklin
33. "I will believe.I will believe!It's scary...but I have to do it. If I believe, maybe I'll be saved...But who knows? It might not happen immediately.Maybe things won't change today, or even tomorrow. Good things don't happen right away...because I don't deserve them, right? But I'm starting to think maybe I'm just not noticing them. If I don't believe good things will happen...why would I look for them? I think...that I'll never find them if I don't have faith. If I don't believe in myself, then..."
Author: Miyoshi Tomori
34. "Like a couple of peasants huddled together in the Cathedral of Notre Dame, Jack and Eliza performed their role in the Mass and then departed, leaving no sign that they'd ever been there, save perhaps for an evanescent ripple in the coursing tide of quicksilver."
Author: Neal Stephenson
35. "Oh Jerusalem, the city of sorrowA big tear wandering in the eyeWho will halt the aggression?On you, the pearl of religions?Who will wash your bloody walls?Who will safeguard the Bible?Who will rescue the Quran?Who will save Christ, From those who have killed Christ?Who will save man??? ????? ?? ?????? ????????? ????? ?????? ????? ?? ????????? ????? ?????????????? ?? ?????? ????????? ???? ??????? ?? ?????? ?????????? ????? ?????????? ????? ????????? ????? ??????? ??? ????? ????????? ????? ????????"
Author: Nizar Qabbani
36. "Within months, Ray Quinn had died, but he'd kept his word. He'd kept it through the three men he'd made his sons. Those men had given the scrawny, suspicious, and scarred young boy a life. They had given him a home, and made him a man.Cameron, the edgy, quick-tempered gypsy; Ethan, the patient, steady waterman; Phillip, the elegant, sharp-minded executive. They had stood for him, fought for him. They had saved him.His brothers."
Author: Nora Roberts
37. "If someone saves your life, you develop a brotherhood, no matter what your race."
Author: Omar Epps
38. "Cameras are a lifesaver for very shy people who have nowhere else to hide. Behind a lens they can disguise the fact that they have nothing to say to strangers."
Author: Pat Conroy
39. "Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. - Plato"
Author: Peter Atkins
40. "It's beautiful," I said for what had to be the third time. "It's just awfully...elaborate."Lysander made a disgusted sound and threw up his hands. "It should be elaborate! You're meant to be a goddess!"I had no idea how to reply to that, but Nick saved me. Leaping to his feet, he said, "And you do look like a goddess, Sophie." He took my hand and pulled me off the platform, spinning me. "See? Embrace your goddessness."Nick may have been a weirdo and a half, but I chuckled."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
41. "A hero is not measured by the lives that he has saved. A hero is measured by the number of the dead that he did not join."
Author: Robert J.A. Gilbert
42. "Was Chris a man?"Now, there was something to ponder. Was he? He'd been strong and brave, and not stubborn. He'd killed other men, he'd saved other men's lives.He kissed other men. And he'd cried and cried.I closed my eyes. But then the dog said, "What makes a man not a man?"Eyes open, I said, "Kissing another man.""Why?""Why?""Yeah. Is there something unkissable about a man?"I smirked at the black and white furry face. "No, stupid. Women kiss men.""Was Chris a man?"
Author: Robin Reardon
43. "All that you touch All that you see All that you taste All you feel. All that you love All that you hate All you distrust All you save. All that you give All that you deal All that you buy, beg, borrow or steal. All you create All you destroy All that you do All that you say. All that you eat And everyone you meet All that you slight And everyone you fight. All that is now All that is gone All that's to come and everything under the sun is in tune but the sun is eclipsed by the moon. "There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."
Author: Roger Waters
44. "Better to save a citizen than to kill an enemy."
Author: Samuel Johnson
45. "When smashing monuments, save the pedestals - they always come in handy."
Author: Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
46. "Never run from the truth. It is always there; it never changes – save your energy."
Author: Steve Maraboli
47. "Meant, Cheryl." He was quick to make a save. "I just got off the phone with my secretary. Her name's Monique, and she has a million things for me to do in the morning." He was relieved when he watched her nod her head in understanding. His secretary's name is Carolyn, but she'd never know that either. Daniel was hoping she wouldn't insist on him coming inside. The gift"
Author: Terri Marie
48. "I walk the beach to smile at other peopleand their busy children, trying to findanother way to save the world."
Author: Thomas Dukes
49. "Confess to God that you are a sinner. Ask Him to forgive you. Receive His gift of salvation through the death of Christ on the cross. And then you are saved?"
Author: Tim LaHaye
50. "On the average, only those prisoners could keep alive who, after years of trekking from camp to camp, had lost all scruples in their fight for existence; they were prepared to use every means, honest and otherwise, even brutal force, theft, and betrayal of their friends, in order to save themselves. We who have come back, by the aid of many lucky chances or miracles - whatever one may choose to call them - we know: the best of us did not return."
Author: Viktor E. Frankl
Quotes About Save Pictures