Famous Quotes About Savi
Browse 998 famous quotes and sayings about Savi.
Top Quotes About Savi
1. "Stigros staipeknos, steidzigi stiegu. Tu savilki cieta mezgla manu dveseli, noziedzigais buri. Ta es savilkšu tavus stienus.! Tu esi apvijis ar stieniem manu augumu, bet nekad tu nevaresi savus stienus ievit man galva. Te slepjas mans speks un tavs nespeks. Manas domas ka putni ir svabadas. Ja ari nomiršu, vienalga, ka pislis izvejošu cauri stieniem, bušu brivs atomu pirmsakuma, bet tu, buri, sarusesi un sabirzisi, jo neviens buris vel nav mužigs. Tikai mes- cilveki."
Author: Alberts Bels
2. "Lai ieraudzitu, attalinieties. Lai saprastu, domajiet nakti. Lai nepazaudetu, nepiesavinieties. Lai netraucetu, pacelieties augstak. Esiet atklati, sastopieties pec izdarita darba, nenesiet lidzi tukšas udens kruzes, jutiet ka zila lode rote, un skatieties uz saules pusi. Tikai neaizmirstiet, ka ari meness ir skaists, kaut ari spid ar atstarotu gaismu. Esiet!"
Author: Alberts Bels
3. "In my fantasy I was always the savior. I would come to Peanuts land and save everybody. Charlie Brown would fall madly in love with me. Peppermint Patty was so jealous."
Author: Alicia Witt
4. "It's always been him saving me . . . and I'm not used to that."
Author: Ann Aguirre
5. "You have savings?" she was astonished.As a woman who lived on the very extreme edges of her budget, whose credit card bills were a source of monthly concern, the idea of savings was just so alien. But then this was Ed, a different kind of person altogether."Why do I know nothing about your savings?" she'd asked."I wonder!" he'd answered with a smile. "Maybe because I don't want my savings to be translated into "really great investments" like Miu Miu shoes or Hermès handbags."
Author: Carmen Reid
6. "Uh-uh, I would rather got hrough the front door and tackle the giants than have to life-saving-suck-kiss you for five minutes."
Author: Chanda Hahn
7. "Saving faith is an immediate relation to Christ, accepting, receiving, resting upon Him alone, for justification, sanctification, and eternal life by virtue of God's grace."
Author: Charles Spurgeon
8. "It's so easy to become obsessed with the film industry and recognition that we can forget that we are not saving the world. We are just actors trying to entertain people."
Author: Charlie Cox
9. "This piece of earth I billet grows small. Bullets of time dart past, dropping shards of opportunity at my feet. And until the rift that surrounds my decaying body clamps shut—swallows me up like so many remains—I army on, simultaneously ignoring and saving my comrades in the hole.Such is a writer's life."
Author: Chila Woychik
10. "Once again, my hero. And here I'm supposed to be the one saving him."
Author: Cynthia Hand
11. "Saving a worthy relationship is easier than trying to start a new one."
Author: Dennis E. Adonis
12. "Small Man can be a very funny or a very tiresome Tour Companion, depending on how this kind of thing grabs you. He gambles, he drinks too much and he always runs away. Since the Rules allow him to make Jokes, he will excuse his behaviour in a variety of comical ways. Physically he is stunted and not at all handsome, although he usually dresses flamboyantly. He tends to wear hats with feathers in. You will discover he is very vain. But, if you can avoid smacking him, you will come to tolerate if not love him. He will contrive, in some cowardly way, to play a major part in saving the world."
Author: Diana Wynne Jones
13. "I am largely worried about wingless chickens. I feel this is the time for me to fulfill myself by stepping in and saving the chicken but I don't know how exactly since I am not bold. I only know I believe in the complete chicken. You think about the complete chicken for a while."
Author: Flannery O'Connor
14. "A lifetime spent in the study of the history of societies since the dawn of mankind presumably inclined him to skepticism and misgivings in regard to any great scheme, religious or political, that set out to create universal happiness in one fell swoop; what it was more likely to create, in his opinion, was universal misery; and his faith in heaven-sent saviors was hardly greater."
Author: François Maspero
15. "Exercise...because the soul isn't the only thing worth saving."
Author: James Gordon
16. "Not saving you from this storm, mutant," he said. "Saving you for your later fate, we are."His voice was weirdly inflected and metallic, like an automated answering machine."Oh, good. Yoda captured us," Fang whispered."
Author: James Patterson
17. "In Asia, a lot of successful economies that had been living on their own saving, decided to open up their financial markets to international capital in the early 1990s. So here were countries doing quite well, but they decided they'd borrow a bit more and do even better."
Author: Jeffrey Sachs
18. "Harry Dresden. Saving the world, one act of random destruction at a time."
Author: Jim Butcher
19. "Roache's statement after his acquittal was dignified but his supporters were angry. They demanded to know why the case was ever brought, claiming that the actor was a victim of the "hysteria" created by revelations about Jimmy Savile. It's a curious conclusion to draw from a "not guilty" verdict; there are courtrooms where the conviction rate is 100 per cent but they tend to be in totalitarian states. In serious criminal cases in England and Wales, the rate is around 82 per cent, and I would be seriously worried if every defendant were to be found guilty.The Independent, 9 February 2014"
Author: Joan Smith
20. "Let no one bewail his poverty,For the universal Kingdom has been revealed.Let no one weep for his iniquities,For pardon has shown forth from the grave.Let no one fear death,For the Saviour's death has set us free.He that was held prisoner of it has annihilated it.By descending into Hell, He made Hell captive.He embittered it when it tasted of His flesh.And Isaiah, foretelling this, did cry:Hell, said he, was embitteredWhen it encountered Thee in the lower regions.It was embittered, for it was abolished.It was embittered, for it was mocked.It was embittered, for it was slain.It was embittered, for it was overthrown.It was embittered, for it was fettered in chains.It took a body, and met God face to face.It took earth, and encountered Heaven.It took that which was seen, and fell upon the unseen.O Death, where is thy sting?O Hell, where is thy victory?"
Author: John Chrysostom
21. "If you take a look at Medicare, there are things we could do, not just tort reform but truly reform the whole reimbursement system which will help in terms of reducing costs and creating the right kind of incentives for savings."
Author: John Hoeven
22. "I'm happiest at home hanging out with the kids... Having a family has been my saving grace because I don't work back to back on anything or I'd drive myself to an early grave with guilt and worry for my family, whom I'd never see."
Author: Jude Law
23. "Johanna sat by the fire every night and worked on her tapestry. Dumfries waited until she was settled in her chair and then draped himself across her feet. It became a ritual for Alex to squeeze himself up next to her and fall asleep during her stories about fierce warriors and fair maidens. Johanna's tales all had a unique twist, for none of the heroines she told stories about ever needed to be rescued by their knights in shining armor. More often than not, the fair maidens rescued their knights.Gabriel couldn't take issue with his wife. She was telling Alex the truth. It was a fact that maidens could rescue mighty, arrogant warriors. Johanna had certainly rescued him from a bleak, cold existence. She'd given him a family and a home. She was his love, his joy, his companion.She was his saving grace."
Author: Julie Garwood
24. "Heroes became extinct when saving the world became more important to rescue a damsel in distress."
Author: L.A. Serröt
25. "The shadow of the highest evil intermingled with the light of the highest good. Maybe all lives are filled with this. Maybe it is always a choice between embracing the darkness of one or the saving grace of the other."
Author: Lisa Wingate
26. "I find Jesus my confidant and companion, brother and savior; our relationship is intimate, vulnerable, demanding yet comfortable and reassuring."
Author: Malcolm Boyd
27. "Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God."
Author: Mary Manin Morrissey
28. "You just said you were sorry."..."I was only apologizing," he said stiffly, "for startling you. The applause was to compliment you on the improvement in your life-saving techniques since the last time you-"
Author: Meg Cabot
29. "I started the business with a simple question: How can we make the process of buying a computer better? The answer was: Sell computers directly to the end customer. Eliminate the reseller's markup and pass those savings on to the customer."
Author: Michael Dell
30. "No architect troubled to design houses that suited people who were to live in them, because that would have meant building a whole range of different houses. It was far cheaper and, above all, timesaving to make them identical."
Author: Michael Ende
31. "Roderick Spode is the founder of the Saviours of Britain, a fascist organisation better know as the 'Black Shorts'...When you say 'shorts' mean 'shirts', of course.No. By the time Spode formed his association, there were no shirts left. He and his adherents wear black shorts.Footer bags, you mean?Yes.How perfectly foul."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
32. "He was rigidly truthful, where the issue concerned only himself. Where it was a case of saving a friend, he was prepared to act in a manner reminiscent of an American expert witness."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
33. " VIOLACuz she's here -She came -She came for me -And she calls my name -And I feel her strength coursing thru my Noise like a fire -And the Mayor staggers back like he's been punched in the face by a row of houses -"Ah, yes," he grunts, his hand to his head. "Your tower of strength has arrived.""Todd!" I hear her call again -And I take it and I use it -Cuz I can feel her there, riding to the end of the world to find me, to save me if I needed saving -Which I did -"
Author: Patrick Ness
34. "It is true that a population which is growing older needs to save, but the question is in what form the savings are made."
Author: Peter Bofinger
35. "She looked into Kirsten's eyes and wondered how it is that a soldier fights and a savior suffers, but a woman, in lying down, rules everything."
Author: Rebecca Coleman
36. "Our Savior Jesus Christ . . . has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel."
Author: Robert J. Morgan
37. "Maybe if you and ten of your friends could pool your savings and borrow some money and actually buy some obscure station in Sonoma, and then take some chances and have some fun."
Author: Robert McChesney
38. "Why do they even call it that, "saving yourself"? Like we need to be rescued from sex? It's not like virgins spend their whole lives engaged in the sacred ceremony of "being saved" from intercourse."
Author: Robyn Schneider
39. "Expanding eligibility of family planning services to low-income women will maximize cost-savings to both federal and state governments, reduce the disparities in access to family planning services for low-income women, and decrease the incidence of abortion in the U.S."
Author: Rosa DeLauro
40. "I was a very serious young man, very committed to saving the world."
Author: Samuel Dash
41. "Also," Nick added curtly, "I'm sorry about your face."Jamie looked over his shoulder, and touched the demon's mark crawling along his jaw with the back of his hand. "Sorry about saving all our lives by doing something you had to do?""Oh no," Nick said blandly, "I just meant, you know. Generally."Jamie stared at him, shocked, and laughed. It was a real laugh, helpless and sweet, and Mae memorized it in case he died. Jamie by the river at dawn, laughing."
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
42. "Ah, you fight like a sissy demon. (Takeshi)Sissy demon? Have you ever met a sissy demon? (Savitar)I killed three this morning. (Takeshi)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
43. "And I'm calling in a favor. (Savitar)Sav, you can't keep doing this. I'm running out of places to put the bodies. (Takeshi)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "We have another confession from Dare Kattalakis. Going once, going twice…are there any more confessions in the room? Anyone else want to admit to shooting a lion? Didn't think so. (Savitar)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
45. "Sometimes a man and a woman reach a crossroads and linger there, reluctant to take either way, knowing the wrong choice will mean the end... and knowing there's so much worth saving."
Author: Stephen King
46. "The job of the financial journalist was to examine the sharks who created interest crises and speculated away the savings of small investors, to scrutinize company boards with the same merciless zeal."
Author: Stieg Larsson
47. "I saw no unity of purpose, no consensus on matters of philosophy or history or law. The very facts were shrouded in uncertainty: Was it a civil war? A war of national liberation or simple aggression? Who started it, and when, and why? What really happened to the USS Maddox on that dark night in the Gulf of Tonkin? Was Ho Chi Minh a Communist stooge, or a nationalist savior, or both, or neither? What about the Geneva Accords? What about SEATO and the Cold War? What about dominoes? America was divided on these and a thousand other issues, and the debate had spilled out across the floor of the United States Senate and into the streets, and smart men in pinstripes could not agree on even the most fundamental matters of public policy. The only certainty that summer was moral confusion."
Author: Tim O'Brien
48. "A benevolent malefactor, merciful, gentle, helpful, clement, a convict, returning good for evil, giving back pardon for hatred, preferring pity to vengeance, preferring to ruin himself rather than to ruin his enemy, saving him who had smitten him, kneeling on the heights of virtue, more nearly akin to an angel than to a man. Javert was constrained to admit to himself that this monster existed.Things could not go on in this manner."
Author: Victor Hugo
49. "Saving was slow and painful."
Author: William Christopher Handy
50. "And we saved your life, y'know," Andrew said, jerking his head in Oliver's direction. "I mean, the least you could do is thank us.""Of course!" Oliver said hastily. "Thank you very much for saving my life.""It was really dangerous back there," Patricia said earnestly, as if wanting to make sure that he understood what kind of situation they had rescued him from. "Yes, beheading is a serious business, I suppose," Oliver said kindly. "I think it would have been difficult to keep on living once my head was chopped off."
Author: Zeinab Alayan
Quotes About Savi Pictures